MetallicAcid's TJ07 (working title)

It was the entire Dirty Harry and Death Wish films when I had nearly half of my teeth removed lol.

Haha, I complemented my entertainment regiment with a rewatch marathon

of Seasons 1 through 4 of Justified. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but dear

lord I love that show. I could watch Walton Goggins monologue and Tim Olyphant

shoot people pretty much all day long. :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Haha, I complemented my entertainment regiment with a rewatch marathon

of Seasons 1 through 4 of Justified. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but dear

lord I love that show. I could watch Walton Goggins monologue and Tim Olyphant

shoot people pretty much all day long. :D

I watch all my VHS tapes of Clint Eastwood myself when I'm sick.. My favorites are still the dollars trilogy( The Unforgiven, High Plains Drifter, and Pale Rider are pretty high up their though... ) . I guess you might run out of Clint movies though since you're there for a long time. There's this really cool on BBC called Copper if you haven't seen it yet, and it's really good. Shame Hell on Wheels is almost done now.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

I watch all my VHS tapes of Clint Eastwood myself when I'm sick.. My favorites are still the dollars trilogy( The Unforgiven, High Plains Drifter, and Pale Rider are pretty high up their though... ) . I guess you might run out of Clint movies though since you're there for a long time. There's this really cool on BBC called Copper if you haven't seen it yet, and it's really good. Shame Hell on Wheels is almost done now.

Ah yes, the Dollars Trilogy, so much awesomeness. The Good, the Bad and the

Ugly has been one of my favorite movies since I first saw it when I was about

9. :wub: (the rest of 'em aren't too bad either ;)).

Also: VHS? Oh yeah, those were the days! I've gifted my collection to one of

my younger brothers.

I think I've seen part of Season 1 of Copper, I'll probably catch up over

winter break, don't have too much time now with college having started again.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

looking like it will be absolutely incredible. Can't wait for when the building starts!

Hey everyone! I would love to just start this massive reply thread with a big thank you! The response has been overwhelming, and a joy to read ;)

Thanks, I've got a massive case of the blue balls.

Me too man! I am itching to start the modding right away, and feel that the time is drawing closer and closer every day. If you had asked me a month ago when I would start the modding, I would have answered after January. NOW it is more like next month!

I'm new on the forum and the whole casemods concept is sorta new to me, but surely, this has to be the casemod? Completely blew me away.

I've only got a few questions. When modifying the case so extensively, do you buy aluminium sheets yourself and cut them, or do you try to modify the original parts of the case? Also, do you need industry grade powertools for that? Lastly, when considering a mod of this proportion, how much do you estimate the modding itself will wind up costing (as opposed to the components of the computer)?

Welcome to the forum DV8R. I wouldn't know about "The mod", but I hope that it ranks highly on most peoples lists. This will be my second modded case when I start the physical aspect of this project, and the most famous modders are those who have done 3 or 4 builds already. The only thing that I hope this build achieves is that I get a nice and original PC, and that my ideas inspire others to start their own modding. As for tools and materials: All the materials I have at my work so it is really cheap for me to mod, and all the tools are ordinary tools one would find in most mens' garages or tool boxes.

I hope I have answered your questions, and wish you luck in your projects.

would it be possible to upload the file so people can look at every single millimeter of your case mod?

I would understand if you don't wanted to do it you putted allot of time in your project.

I will definitely load up the file, but only once I have most of my PC completed. There is always the risk that someone might take my ideas and create them before I do, and take credit for them. But yes, I want to share, but not right away :)

Personally i think the door is over the top, but I really like how the front panel looks. I don't mind the TJ07 getting a bit of a makeover.. Afterall.. There's quite a few builds in this case out there sooo yeah :)

Thanks for the input once again XzzDSA.

Gorgeous as ever!

*encouraging phrases go here*

Love the door idea.

Thanks guys!!

So yeah, this has been my notification tab for the last couple of weeks, thought I'd share :PnOV5Sfl.png

Keep up the good work.! :D

Cheers!

i'm off the forum for 2 days and i got 50 notifications! this topic and Project Nstalgic!

You guys are insane!

I like the front without the doors! but i understand why you did it!

Waiting for the next render with the 240 on the bottom to see the diference! :)

Still impressing everyone after so many updates! GG man GG!

Thanks Axis. I guess I am just a regular idea factory. Maybe creating ideas is something I should pursue as a new line of work.

After I got back from the hospital I had about 1000 notifications (about a week
of off time). And I did actually go through all of them. :lol:

You sir, win my respect!!!

looking like it will be absolutely incredible. Can't wait for when the building starts!

Thank you techie! The work will commence very soon. :D

By the way guys, I love how the thread turned into a Clint Eastwood VHS discussion. It was an awesome read while pulling night shift setting lights for the new exhibition at work!

MetallicAcid

http://www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs

You sir, win my respect!!!

Well, TBH it wasn't that big of an achievement, I was just really, really bored. :lol:

But thanks anyway. :D

Holly renders Batman! You've done enough here that the rest of us can build the ones you don't chose!  You have really picked up some awesome rendering skills in a short period of time! Build Man Build! ha ha

Holly renders Batman! You've done enough here that the rest of us can build the ones you don't chose!  You have really picked up some awesome rendering skills in a short period of time! Build Man Build! ha ha

Cheers One! I really enjoy making the model and rendering them, almost as much as the actual physical modding!  

MetallicAcid

Update

Tragedy!

Hey guys :)

This is the update where I tell you that I had to go back and correct something that I had stuffed up on... Even though I am just rendering, it was still a major set back as I wanted to be able to see if want I wanted could work, and how it could work. Not only that, but so that I could have measurements and number of items I needed to make it work.

So, the problem was with the piping from the GPU SLI bridge. I had both pipes running from the top of the bridge and then down beside the reservoirs. This impossible as the bridge has inlet and outlet are indeed at the top, but with an inverted motherboard setup, those inlet/outlet holes are at the bottom of the bridge. Here is the original (wrong) piping:

side_zpsbce1edd0.jpg

Here is the new (and improved) setup. I am VERY happy with this!

inside_zps8628ba60.jpg

I have also adjusted the window a bit, reducing the curves in the corners and removing the grills beside the window:

inside2_zpsf6ea9ee2.jpg

In other news, I have played around a bit more with another faceplate for the front of the TJ07:

Newgrillwindow_zpsdd133ce9.jpg

And lastly, a glory nightshot through the updated window to show off the updated piping:

Newgrillwindownight_zps237fa2c1.jpg

I thought it might be interesting to have a grill in the midplate to show off the piping coming to and from the GPU and CPU areas. It could also be cool with some smoked plexiglass with some LED lighting shining on everything.

What do you guys think of this latest update?

MetallicAcid

I like it :)

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

The new faceplate looks similar to the Raven cases...

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

So simple yet so amazing. Good catching that error, it would've been a mess if you realized it later when modding the case it self...

I like the smaller radius on the window corners, but I think the rounded frame

of the TJ-07 and all those nice round corners for the window, the bottom grill

etc. would be better served by a case front which reflected that a bit more.

The aggressive V-shape, although nice in and of itself without context, creates

a bit of a disconnect with the flowing form of the TJ-07 in my eyes, if that makes

any sense.

This is of course purely a matter of taste and does not reflect your skills,

so feel free to go ahead if you really like it, but that's just something

that really popped out to me.

EDIT:

Same goes for the case's top.

/EDIT

I do however like the idea of the mesh in the midplate. I would say make sure

to get the right hole size, not too fine methinks, but I think the concept

does have potential. :)

EDIT:

The new tubing layout is very nice indeed I must say.

Dat faceplate. Put it on front you got a Raven, put it on top you got an Aurora Alienware.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Oh dear, how we all missed that part haha, silly inverted motherboards! (I actually really like them to be fair) 

Well, good that you figured that out in time! Aswell, you decided on the color yet? Seems to me you really like the yellow? 
Yellow is one hell off a challenge, so good luck with that if you do decide to go with yellow.

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

Good job for making the new tubing setup still look great. I think I prefer the previous faceplate design, though, this one looks a bit too aggressive and doesn't match the case IMO.

This thread has given me so many ideas for my Tj07 build! Thank you so much!

Thanks everyone for the input. alot of you guys share the same opinion about the face plate (and top plate above the motherboard) that the styling is too aggressive and not matching the overall style. But I have been toying with the idea of a mesh front, similar to a Mac G5 and the side intake where the 480 rad is. I want to work on a design and show you guys right away but I might not have time right away to complete this. 

Also, the piping may seem more cluttered due to the pipes underneath which can now be seen. I think that I might have to have rubber around the holes as to not damage the fittings when installing everything. There wouldn't be anything worse than a bunch of scratched fitting in the final pictures :P

And lastly, the colour is yet still undecided. I am still very keen on a white build, with black screws, and a bright highlight colour. I am feeling very partial to blue at the moment..

Thanks for reading guys, have a nice day!

MetallicAcid

P.S. Air tree, you are welcome :D

White on blue with frosted tubes (Sandpapered) Would be amazing looking! It would give the blue a really ocean esk type colour.

mad piping skillz!!! :lol: i love the new routing!

the front looks a bit similar to other case models, but that doesnt mean it looks bad, its just that is seen alot.

once again... impressive stuff!

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

I must agree with quite a few in here and say the front panel does seem a bit too aggressive for the case. If you did make the rest of the design with the midplate, sidepanels and what not have an aggressive look to them aswell, it would look cool I think, but with the current design, it's a bit out of place.

For what else to put on the front... Maybe you could play around with some custom tubing running around some meshes for the fans, on the front? If you get the idea? :)

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

To be honest, I actually prefer the previous faceplate...

Yeah, I kind of aggree.. There's something about the previous that's very unique, although on the other hand it is also kind of boring... Hmm It's very defficult with a project like this, and I hope that it turns out just as good as metallic's previous build (TJ08-E)..

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

Just wait for the next update!!

For some reason i sense that he's going to blow our minds!!

In the good way! :D

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)