Woman's prize stolen via Facebook.

killcomic
Go to solution Solved by Oberon.Smite,

Lmao it's only her fault. What kind of idiot gives away 900 dollars like that.

A Perth woman named Chantelle was so happy that her horse won the Melbourne Cup, Australia's most prestigious horse race, that she posted a selfie of herself holding the winning ticket on Facebook.

When she went to collect her winnings of (AUD)$900, she was informed that her money had already been collected.

As it turns out, the picture she posted revealed the winning ticket's barcode. Someone then used barcode in the picture to claim the prize from an automatic machine.

"Someone had a pretty good game at filtering my picture and cutting out my barcode and putting it into an automated machine," Chantelle said.

The theft was made all the worse after Chantelle realised the culprit must be one of her Facebook friends. 

"To the low life who is obviously my friend on Facebook and used my photo to claim our winnings. You're a massive dick. You ruined my day," she later posted to Facebook. 

1446660965301.png

Source (Sydney Morning Herald): http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/consumer-security/woman-who-posted-selfie-with-barcode-on-900-melbourne-cup-ticket-had-winnings-stolen-20151104-gkqsxp.html

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

I feel bad for her, but what do you expect.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

thats what she gets for wearing that ridiculous (what I'm assuming is a) hat.  at least it wasn't a massive lotto jackpot

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

Not sure how I feel about this, but in the meantime I will laugh.

I hope she's not like the people who have hundreds of friends lol.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

It was entirely her fault. She cannot blame that here "friend" took the money, cause that's how humans are. I don't know why most people don't understand that.

And idiot like that doesn't even deserve 900 dollars. Besides, you handed out free money, anybody could have taken it. This sounds morally incorrect but I applaud the dude you took the money because holy shit he deserves it more than she does lol.

I agree. He was smart enough to take the barcode and get the money.
And if I remember correctly beeing smart is a good thing...

Yeah on the news they seemed confused and I was just sitting there like, is she stupid or....

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

It was entirely her fault. She cannot blame that here "friend" took the money, cause that's how humans are. I don't know why most people don't understand that.

I agree. He was smart enough to take the barcode and get the money.

And if I remember correctly beeing smart is a good thing...

Yes, she was stupid, but your argument is akin to blaming rape victims for the crime. "well you know how men are, it's your fault for being a woman and stepping out of the house."

"lets go complain to the nearest news station so everybody can know how stupid I am!"

Yes, she was stupid, but your argument is akin to blaming rape victims for the crime. "well you know how men are, it's your fault for being a woman and stepping out of the house."

Wow... Just wow...

Your argument is the worst I've seen today.

She made a picture of the bar code and put it on facebook, so she made it easy for her "friend".

Last time I checked rape-victims aren't running around with a sign that says "rape me" on it.

Wow... Just wow...

She made a picture of the bar code and put it on facebook, so she made it easy for her "friend".

Last time I checked rape-victims aren't running around with a sign that says "rape me" on it.

Here we go

Judging by that shitty looking hat, she won't miss the $900.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Wow... Just wow...

Yes, but neither did she have a sign that said "rob me" either. For you to say that the person that stole the money is not guilty is a bit rich.

Judging by that shitty looking hat, she won't miss the $900.

Maybe she blew her rent money to buy that hat.

Maybe she blew her rent money to buy that hat.

IF that's the case, she's a bigger moron than I thought, and thus more deserving of getting ripped off.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

IF that's the case, she's a bigger moron than I thought, and thus more deserving of getting ripped off.

Maybe the person that stole the money did it to stop her from buying more hats.

Maybe the person that stole the money did it to stop her from buying more hats.

So it's a blessing in disguise?

Yes, but neither did she have a sign that said "rob me" either. For you to say that the person that stole the money is not guilty is a bit rich.

I did not say the he was not guilty.

You're turning and twisting my arguments around however you like...

All I sad that it was a smart idea to take the barcode and get the money. So he was obviously smarter than she was, so he deserved the money more than she.

It's still wrong to do that, but if she is that dumb, then he might aswell get the money.

Here we go

I'm just defending myself. Do you have a problem with that?