Woman's prize stolen via Facebook.

killcomic
Go to solution Solved by Oberon.Smite,

Lmao it's only her fault. What kind of idiot gives away 900 dollars like that.

This forum can't handle this much stupidity you are gonna break it.

Smart people > dumb people

Who knew?

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Does anyone know if her FB was set to public, friends of friends, or just friends? Because her saying "friends" doesn't mean much if literally anyone with a FB account could have had access to that picture. If it really was just set to "friends" then you can probably track down whoever took the money unless she was one of those people who have a 1,000 FB "friends" that are really just acquainences that you met once and accepted their friend request blindly because hey "more "friends"!".

Personally I would have made damn sure I got that money first and deposited into my bank account before posting anything online, but hey can't blame her for being excited and wanting to share that with her "friends" on FB.

Hopefully they find whoever stole it(shouldn't be hard if they have cameras and time/date), but she learned a lesson the hard way.

All these kids saying this victim deserves to have her money stolen.. Absolutely no clue.. Fact of the matter is yall dont know her from a can of paint, yet feel empowered and validated to make such ridiculous judgements. Do yourselves a favor and just keep quiet, It was an honest mistake. None of you are perfect, just filled right up with senseless hate.

All these kids saying this victim deserves to have her money stolen.. Absolutely no clue.. Fact of the matter is yall dont know her from a can of paint, yet feel empowered and validated to make such ridiculous judgements. Do yourselves a favor and just keep quiet, It was an honest mistake. None of you are perfect, just filled right up with senseless hate.

Totally agree ... so much hate for someone they dont know who made a simple mistake. I feel for the girl, whoever did that to her is scum, theft, whether from someone clever or not so is still really shitty.

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M

hehe, yeah read this and laughed my ass off, this is what you get when your brain stops functioning.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Just because she may or may not be tech minded or criminally savvy does not mean she deserves what happened.

Please read all comments and don't just comment on the first one you see.

I see this type of thing day in day out, People posting a picture of their full driving license for all to see, or their driving pass certificate... I swear to god the people on this earth

CPU: Intel i5 4670K 4.4GHZ  GPU: EVGA Superclocked+ GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0+ 1446Mhz +35mV  MB: MSI Z87 GD65 GAMING Custom Matte Black Painted Chipset and VRM Heatsinks  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB CL8 (1600MHZ)  CPU Cooler: Full Custom PETG loop with HardwLabs Black Ice Rads 1x280mm 1x360mm, EKWB CPU Acetal Nickel GPU Block  SSD: SanDisk ULTRA II 480GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue  PSU: Corsair AX760 80+PLATINUM with Black Cable Mods Singular Sleeved Cables  Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 3 Intake 3 Exhaust Notcua NF-A14 LTT EDITION  Mouse: Logitech G502 1750DPI Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire TK MX Blue Monitor: BENQ XL2411T 144HZ Headset : Logitech G430 7.1 Case Fans: LTT EDITION Noctuas 4 x 140mm & 2x 120mm all with white Chromax Anti-vibration pads Mouse Pad: Cooler Master CM Storm Speed-RX M

You're asking an American if they've seen something outside of America. Not likely.

dumb americans im not sure about whether it was broadcast on fox sports but i beleive it is broadcast in the UK etc on eurosport  so its not like its some super small event that is unknown to anyone outside australia

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

Now she has to find another way to pay off that stupid hat.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1. Her own fault 2. FB Friends are no Friends.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Please read all comments and don't just comment on the first one you see.

I was commenting on a specific comment and not the "first one I saw".

I'm not sure anyone deserves to get ripped off, this kind of thing happening and the reactions of many people in this thread speak volumes about the society we live in today. Oh well at least she has fantastic teeth  :lol:

I'm not sure anyone deserves to get ripped off, this kind of thing happening and the reactions of many people in this thread speak volumes about the society we live in today. Oh well at least she has fantastic teeth  :lol:

Would you have posted that before or after you claimed the prize?

What she did was as dumb as posting a serial code for a game before you activated.

The guy/girl who claimed the prize deserves some props for being able to use the bar code though.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

I was commenting on a specific comment and not the "first one I saw".

That doesn't change that you haven't seen my other comments and that your argument was pretty much useless. ^-^

Just because she may or may not be tech minded or criminally savvy does not mean she deserves what happened.

betting money on a random chance doesn't mean you deserve a prize either

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Would you have posted that before or after you claimed the prize?

It wouldn't happen to me because i wouldn't be caught dead with a Facebook account. 

I don't believe an average citizen would have known that someone could pull a bar-code off a photo and steal someones winnings, would a tech savvy person know? sure they would but we're just talking about a normal person here and no matter what way you look at it the person that stole the code is in the wrong. 

It wouldn't happen to me because i wouldn't be caught dead with a Facebook account. 

I don't believe an average citizen would have known that someone could pull a bar-code off a photo and steal someones winnings, would a tech savvy person know? sure they would but we're just talking about a normal person here and no matter what way you look at it the person that stole the code is in the wrong. 

It may have been morally wrong, but still, big mistake from the girl's part.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

That doesn't change that you haven't seen my other comments and that your argument was pretty much useless. ^-^

That also doesn't change that your comment regarding MY comment is equally useless. So ?! It's a discussion board, a lot of the discussions are not "useful".

betting money on a random chance doesn't mean you deserve a prize either

Uh, that's kind of the point of lotteries and raffles, random guess prize drawings though. She may not deserve the money at all, but if it was you being ripped off like that you'd be pissed.

Uh, that's kind of the point of lotteries and raffles, random guess prize drawings though. She may not deserve the money at all, but if it was you being ripped off like that you'd be pissed.

You see, I don't bet money. It's just stupid. Of course she's pissed off, I just don't really feel any simpathy given the situation.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

You see, I don't bet money. It's just stupid. Of course she's pissed off, I just don't really feel any simpathy given the situation.

You don't have to of course. In your opinion, do you think that her facebook friend is a jerk, or just  she was dumb in her posting of the barcode. I think it WAS dumb, but also that person IS a d***. I place more weight on the d*** side than her dumbness. Just me.

You don't have to of course. In your opinion, do you think that her facebook friend is a jerk, or just  she was dumb in her posting of the barcode. I think it WAS dumb, but also that person IS a d***. I place more weight on the d*** side than her dumbness. Just me.

I also think it's both, but combine the idiocy with the fact that she's probably the kind of person who has 2k friends on facebook and only knows 1/4th of them and I just can't feel sorry for her. In fact, this may have thaught her a valuable life lesson. And as I said earlier, I'm not even sure it's actually illegal to go claim a ticket you didn't buy as long as you don't physically steal it.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I also think it's both, but combine the idiocy with the fact that she's probably the kind of person who has 2k friends on facebook and only knows 1/4th of them and I just can't feel sorry for her. In fact, this may have thaught her a valuable life lesson. And as I said earlier, I'm not even sure it's actually illegal to go claim a ticket you didn't buy as long as you don't physically steal it.

We should friend request her :D

We should friend request her :D

might be good business b)

sudo chmod -R 000 /*