zMeul

Motorolas-infographic-focuses-on-cracked

---

some people .. just makes no sense
with a cracked screen, you still use it and you get your fingers cut - I simply can't wrap my brain around this  :blink:

EDIT: For those that haven't been following Droid Turbo 2, this is a part of their "Moto Shattershield" marketing campaign.

Edited by nicklmg
adding context

"5% have cracked their screens while throwing their phone at something." wut?!? Do people really give 0 shits about their stuff???

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. But I did manage to ruin my brand new case for my M7,on the very first day.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Cool news :^)

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

I expected Motorola to produce a solution at the end of this.

What a useless pile of shite.

It actually reiterates, to me, how much money Motorola stand to make off broken screens.  

I cracked my iPod's screen back in 2008.. And my iPhone's touch display stopped working after a drop.

Never had any problems when using a normal case.

"5% have cracked their screens while throwing their phone at something." wut?!? Do people really give 0 shits about their stuff???

I'm assuming the usual "my ex called me" would be the simple explanation here.

I think people are just careless because they have started to take things, like smartphones, for granted. I have never cracked a screen or broken a phone, and I am by no means gentle. You just have to make sure you take care of you possessions.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

I'm assuming the usual "my ex called me" would be the simple explanation here.

I wouldn't waste a 300-400 + $ phone on my ex ...

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

I wouldn't waste a 300-400 + $ phone on my ex ...

a LOT of people do surprisingly.

a LOT of people do surprisingly.

Apparently... 5% of the smartphone owners.... That's like a few 10 million?

Still haven't cracked my phone. I must have got the cream of the crop gorilla glass or something. Cause my old lg optimus 2x is still crack/scratch free. I even prove to people how strong it is by dropping it on the ground, and chucking it across the room lol.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Yeah

One of my friends got a new phone every year when he visited china

During the year he would throw it at people and tell them to catch it, but obviously they dont, lol

He just didnt care

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Yeah

One of my friends got a new phone every year when he visited china

During the year he would throw it at people and tell them to catch it, but obviously they dont, lol

He just didnt care

No offence to ur friend, but that's just sad. 

---

some people .. just makes no sense

with a cracked screen, you still use it and you get your fingers cut - I simply can't wrap my brain around this  :blink:

i just got a glas screen protector above it and i was fine. they want 250€ for a new screen on the moto x thats insane. i just waited until i broke it completely and bought a moto g

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

I admit I have cracked one smartphone screen. I dropped my S4 a couple months ago on concrete and the screen shattered, I replaced the phone because it was only a few dollars more than replacing the screen. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

my sister broke her screen clean while in the school bag, sadly the  touchiness of the screen stopped working and a 54€ bandage is going to be applied

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

I've dropped my iP4 several times and some of those drops were pretty brutal. Dinged a lot of parts but never a cracked screen.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

I used and bought multiple Spigen cases for myself and my family. And tempered glass along with it.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

My Z1, a phone that apparently cracks on its own, has taken a decent beating and the screen is still fine...

I honestly wonder how people manage to crack their screens, some of my phones have been through a decent bit of abuse and I've yet to break a screen.

i just got a glas screen protector above it and i was fine. they want 250€ for a new screen on the moto x thats insane. i just waited until i broke it completely and bought a moto g

did you really have to quote the OP

I mean seriously

I assume it means thrown/tossed onto their bed,sofa,etc; I highly doubt it means that they chucked it at the wall because they were bored.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

I assume it means thrown onto their bed,sofa,etc.

Oh yea that could be a thing. They should add "3% of the smartphone owners have gotten heart attacks while throwing their phone on the bed and it bounces off."

I've never cracked the screen on my phone but I've been given, an have used, second hand cracked phones.

I make Rainmeter things and other art :D