IBM has announced they can swap silicon transistors for Carbon Nanotubes

THIS.. read below.

Oh look, ONE business ended their relationship with IBM. So you hate IBM just because their services didn't satisfy your company. Tell me, does the company you lease from now allow you to instantly use their servers with no adjustments or implementation time as soon as you sign up with them? I'd have a hard time believing that.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

More like, being fried so long that salt can't even help overcome the amount of crispiness bitter taste. :-P

What I do know is I have a family member who is a programmer at IBM; good things are coming.

Oh look, ONE business ended their relationship with IBM. So you hate IBM just because their services didn't satisfy your company. Tell me, does the company you lease from now allow you to instantly use their servers with no adjustments or implementation time as soon as you sign up with them? I'd have a hard time believing that.

For all we know IBM could have been fine and it was the business that royally fucked up.

For all we know IBM could have been fine and it was the business that royally fucked up.

Always two sides to the story.

Knowing the quality standards of some companies' i.t. staff it wouldn't surprise me.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Actually, we got agreements made that match those of IBM's AND we got accelerated implementation of their service teams in ONE WEEK from contact. 

We had new systems, upgraded network protocols and solutions set and stone within 3 weeks.

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ PROJECT: GreenLANTERN (click to view)

They aren't stupid just because they aren't making ultra dope-tastic 4GHz, quad core, unlocked gaming CPUs like Intel are (and AMD hopefully will be.)

They do make 5Ghz, 12-core 180W cpu monsters...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/POWER8

The thing is that they don't work with the x86 stuff but with something else. Don't know what exacly, but it's not x86

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

We really need something to replace or complement silicon by 2020 its reached his limits.

It was bound to happen eventually, the thing is will the industry follow this as a standard? we need something that will be in every cpu in half decade, tablets/phones/desktop etc, anything that needs performance and power saving.

woot woot victory

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

People who want to keep IBM in the PC tech industry are fooling themselves. What actually is happening, IBM is so poorly funded, THEY CAUSE STAGNATION TO THE INDUSTRY. 

Their propaganda is nothing more of failed starts, hopeless dreams and big money pits.

IBM has more money than it knows what to do with. And the foundry was a loss. Chip sales are not. The Power 8s are a huge money maker. The servers and mainframes are huge money makers. Yes, cutting edge research is expensive, but IBM, much like Intel, has been at the forefront of a lot of innovations in the last 10 years. SMR was invented by IBM. HAMR was a collaborated invention with IBM. IBM still owns the most powerful and efficient server/supercomputer chip design (SAP benchmarks).

IBM is a roaring success.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

It's obvious that at some point, we were bound to hit our physical limitations of technology. As we evolve as a technological society, we continue to want things faster, and more compact. Seeing as how something like a processor is already relatively small (regular consumer processors being as small as a saltine cracker), there has been a breakthrough involving "Carbon Nanotubes".

If you're not familiar with "Moore's Law", it basically says that the number of transistors on a silicon chip will double every two years as technology continues to progress. This critical ratio is finally rounding to a halt. These transistors tend to heat up and get very, very hot when crammed into a tiny space together. (Which is why this breakthrough is so important.) The development of these Carbon Nanotube transistors lets developers cram more and more into a smaller space without any performance loss whatsoever, resulting in smaller hardware and faster computing. NewsFactor said,

This lets them shrink the size of transistor contacts down to below 10 nanometers without seeing performance deteriorate. 

The eventual goal of this technology is to aid the quickly-growing field of "Cloud Computing" and large data systems.

Though I agree that it's not a bad thing for hardware of any kind to get smaller, things like PSU's and GPU's also need a fair bit of slimming down themselves.

There are a couple of problems with using Carbon Nanotubes, which you can read about here: http://www.newsfactor.com/story.xhtml?story_id=99157#

Below is a diagram of these transistors to help you understand the size comparisons.

post-266937-0-90230100-1444074241.jpg

Maybe this is what Ahmed Mohamed does to make his CPUs.

No he delids it and makes a custom lid to call it his own obviously.

Or he just looked up random words.

Hehe, but honestly.. The CPU is the last things we need to make smaller... GPUs, Power Supplys, and Mobos need to be smaller.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

That limit you speak of is at 5nm as you hit the quantum tunneling wall and would need to use methods that are currently unknown to continue shrinking transistors, as we know little about subatomic structures

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Intel will do this soon

just incase people dont get it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0DQ1Fv8Ej4

full

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avAatzhL4m4

LMG ahould ask him to build a PC live on PC and give him a DOA part on purpose to see if he can troubleshoot xD.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Intel will do this soon

just incase people dont get it

full

I shit 3 tons of brixx when I saw that interview.

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them