Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

Jack.EXE
7 minutes ago, fpo said:

Is it good quality & nice? 

I was a bit skeptical because of the visual style. 

Feels like quality I guess

wish one day I could own a nice AR but just spent out the ass on a Glock and don't want to deal with rifle safes lol

1 hour ago, Nine Tailed Fox said:

1.png.a819a79c0646b021d5e81a1658057fab.png

Why did you buy TALON Grips? Did you not like the way the glock feels in the hand?

Not to rain on your parade, but there's a lot of accessories you can buy. I don't want you to have nothing left for ammo!

Spoiler

I bought a Walther PPS, instead of a glock 1, because it was cheaper & 2, right after setting the glock in my hands, the clerk was telling me about all the parts I can install before shooting it for the first time.

I don't want to buy accessories. I am not a barbie doll.

If you like attachments, don't let me ruin your day. Talon grips are very cool & widely popular.

1 minute ago, fpo said:

the clerk was telling me about all the parts I can install before shooting it for the first time.

It's so weird seeing people push the whole "Glock Perfection" but then go and list all these aftermarket parts that you should buy. Honestly, the only thing I might want to add to a Glock are different sights, a light, and maybe a threaded barrel if I wanted to use it for competitions.

A girl who loves to love.

I like the gold barrels on glocks. with an larger magwell and extended magazines. looks nice.

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Aimi said:

It's so weird seeing people push the whole "Glock Perfection" but then go and list all these aftermarket parts that you should buy. Honestly, the only thing I might want to add to a Glock are different sights, a light, and maybe a threaded barrel if I wanted to use it for competitions.

The sights are fine IMO. The ... U one and the 3 dot on the Glock 19X.

So they hand me the gun, and say "you can change those sights. You can get night sights for under 100$"

WHAA? A 5~700$ gun and an additional 100 for sights?

"Also, some people don't like the trigger. A lot of people like to replace the trigger bar."
"The gun could be a little difficult to take apart so we also sell easy grip take down bars."

wait wait wait.. the gun isn't even bought & you want to fix it?

Show me a different gun, or simmer down there with the accessories, buddy. First handgun man.

3 minutes ago, xXFitzXx said:

I like the gold barrels on glocks. with an larger magwell and extended magazines. looks nice.

Bling is another story. If you want it to look like unicorn vomit, that's all up to you. But like when you're just getting the gun & before you buy it, they want to change out half the parts, it's a lil "wtf"

3 minutes ago, Aimi said:

Mine has a few parts that have been changed out, but really they are pretty good out of the box. 5.5lb trigger pull is a bit heavy though. I got tritium sights with mine, but it's over a decade old now so they're starting to dim a bit. My friend has the sight tools but with human malware that job will need to wait for a while.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

1 hour ago, fpo said:

Bling is another story. If you want it to look like unicorn vomit, that's all up to you. But like when you're just getting the gun & before you buy it, they want to change out half the parts, it's a lil "wtf"

im just saying i think the gold accents look nice when in combination with the black. i wouldnt do too much gold, just barrel, mag release, trigger,and small stuff like that.

Don't ask to ask. 
Thanks!

1 hour ago, Aimi said:

I used to work with someone like that when I was working at a gun store.  Huge glock fanboy.  Hell, even the owners were.  They were upset I'd recommend Canik or Smith & Wesson over Glock in some instances.   But anyways.  He'd always talk about how much better Glock was than any other striker fired gun. Gave me shit for buying a M&P Shield 2.0.  So I asked him what was so good about Glock, that was so much better than any other striker fired gun, out of box.

He didn't have one, he was just like, "the aftermarket, the aftermarket."

Cool.  That's fine for a gun that I want as a range toy/project gun (like how I want a Glock 19 for), but not for a concealed carry gun or duty gun that I just want to work.  My canik has a decent trigger for a striker fired gun, and it even came with warren tactical sights out of the box.  My Shield 2.0 came with decent iron sights, basically S&W's version of warren tactical sights almost, and it has the nice grip texture factory..  same kind of grip texture this Glock fanboy paid someone to put on his daily carry G19.  

I don't hate Glock btw, don't get that idea.  I just think they're extremely overhyped for what they are.  They're reliable, like most striker fired pistols on the market, but they don't do anything special.  I think many companies, some bigger name, and some considered more budget end (like Canik for example), offer more compelling options than Glock does now.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

8 hours ago, fpo said:

The sights are fine IMO. The ... U one and the 3 dot on the Glock 19X.

So they hand me the gun, and say "you can change those sights. You can get night sights for under 100$"

WHAA? A 5~700$ gun and an additional 100 for sights?

"Also, some people don't like the trigger. A lot of people like to replace the trigger bar."
"The gun could be a little difficult to take apart so we also sell easy grip take down bars."

wait wait wait.. the gun isn't even bought & you want to fix it?

Show me a different gun, or simmer down there with the accessories, buddy. First handgun man.

Just to add a different perspective on this, there is almost no margin on guns themselves, gun shops make FAR more money selling you accessories than the actual gun.

So don't be upset when a salesman tries to make a sale. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

8 hours ago, Aimi said:

There arent a ton of Glock parts left in my G19, mag release, mag release spring, locking block, frame itself and slide itself are about it. I even have a brand new factory slide sitting on a shelf for it that I'm going to send off to Jagerwerks for milling. 

Barrel, sights, striker, striker spring, safety plunger, safety plunger spring, extractor, extractor spring, and trigger have all been changed out. Not because the factory parts dont work, but because I wanted to try something different and maybe better. 

I bought that gun specifically to be a project because I like to tinker. Honestly I hear the "Glock Perfection" phrase far more often from Glock haters than I do from Glock fans. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

1 hour ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Just to add a different perspective on this, there is almost no margin on guns themselves, gun shops make FAR more money selling you accessories than the actual gun.

So don't be upset when a salesman tries to make a sale. 

In my day job there’s terrible markup as well. I get it. I just shop with markup & everything in mind. 

I’ve had a few poor experiences with doing the right thing. 

Now I want the best for the best price nowadays. 

I need a study group of a few AR fans. If you are interested please like this post and I will send a group private message to ask for your opinion on something I'd like to get feedback on.

Instructions for frustration management:  

1) Sit at desk.   2) Repeatedly slam forehead against desk.

I never said I was smart, just smart enough to be dangerous.

ORLY?

……..'|:::::::,': : : : : : :_„„-: : : : : : : : ~--„_: |'
………|::::::|: : : „--~~'''~~''''''''-„…_..„~''''''''''''¯|
………|:::::,':_„„-|: : :_„---~: : :|''¯¯''''|: ~---„_: ||
……..,~-,_/'': : : |:    ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) : |: : : :|:  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)): \..|
……../,'-,: : : : : ''-,_______,-'': : : : ''-„_____|
……..\: :|: : : : : : : : : : : : : :„: : : : :-,: : : : : : : ?
………',:': : : : : : : : : : : : :,-'__: : : :_',: : : : ;: ,'
……….'-,-': : : : : :___„-: : :'': : ¯''~~'': ': : ~--|'
………….|: ,: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :: :
………….'|: \: : : : : : : : -,„_„„-~~--~--„_: :: |
…………..|: \: : : : : : : : : : : :-------~: : : : : |
You have been visited by the propane god, I tell ya hwat. Repost this on 5 more profiles or Hank Hill will bring the propain.

- credit to, @Cinnabar Sonar

4 minutes ago, dual290x said:

I need a study group of a few AR fans. If you are interested please like this post and I will send a group private message to ask for your opinion on something I'd like to get feedback on.

Feel free to send me a message.

jesus I think I got a good deal different auction same firearm

1.thumb.png.94cc7191e172ac171347f86d523501fd.png

lol that dude got bid sniped

6 minutes ago, Nine Tailed Fox said:

jesus I think I got a good deal different auction same firearm

1.thumb.png.94cc7191e172ac171347f86d523501fd.png

Some people are paying crazy money right now. Makes me kinda want to offload one of my basic ARs.

3 hours ago, dual290x said:

the freakin signature tho

Don't ask to ask. 
Thanks!

On 7/20/2020 at 9:34 AM, dual290x said:

Feel free to send me a DM. I'm not an expert, but I can try to help.

Sorry for the double post, IDK why it didn't properly quote you the first time.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Anyone own or have firsthand experience with the desert tech MDR? 

It comes in a bunch of caliber. 308, 556, 6.5 creedmore. Maybe 300 blackout. 

I thought in range had a slew of videos but I can’t seem to find them. Apparently it had issues on release but then the company supposedly had good customer support & fixed it to be a really good rifle. 

Gun should get delivered by Thursday so could go to gun store for background check process. Ordered some tfx pro sights as well

1.thumb.png.e31bc3cc209c664050f9398a9120b3d2.png

9 hours ago, fpo said:

Anyone own or have firsthand experience with the desert tech MDR? 

It comes in a bunch of caliber. 308, 556, 6.5 creedmore. Maybe 300 blackout. 

I thought in range had a slew of videos but I can’t seem to find them. Apparently it had issues on release but then the company supposedly had good customer support & fixed it to be a really good rifle. 

No personal experience with it, being stuck in california, it's nigh impossible to find one that complies with our "common sense" gun laws that doesn't have a massive price hike to it, but I do have some experience with their SRS platform, Thoroughly impressed with their craftsmanship, cried a bit when I saw the sticker price once I decided I wanted my own.

I believe their issues with it are still up on Full30, as well as the resolution
https://www.full30.com/watch/MDE5MjQ5/desert-tech-mdr-issues-resolved

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

36 minutes ago, Semper said:

No personal experience with it, being stuck in california, it's nigh impossible to find one that complies with our "common sense" gun laws that doesn't have a massive price hike to it, but I do have some experience with their SRS platform, Thoroughly impressed with their craftsmanship, cried a bit when I saw the sticker price once I decided I wanted my own.

You own an SRS?
You like it & think the gun is 21st century quality? Not 20th nor 1990s?

36 minutes ago, Semper said:

I believe their issues with it are still up on Full30, as well as the resolution
https://www.full30.com/watch/MDE5MjQ5/desert-tech-mdr-issues-resolved

I saw that one but I could have swore they had a few more. I saw that, one video at a shooting competition, the forgotten weapons video & the Desert Tech response to InRange. I thought I saw they had more...

7 hours ago, fpo said:

You own an SRS?
You like it & think the gun is 21st century quality? Not 20th nor 1990s?

I saw that one but I could have swore they had a few more. I saw that, one video at a shooting competition, the forgotten weapons video & the Desert Tech response to InRange. I thought I saw they had more...

I don't, no. I can't justify the price tag that they carry when you can build up a rock solid platform on something like a Ruger Precision or Tikka T3x (sans the bullpup - which some would consider to be an advantage) for under half the cost. A family member does however, which is where I got my hands-on experience with it. The area of California that I'm in as well has very limited access to long range targets, which gives me very little reason to invest in such an expensive platform. Established ranges in my area are largely limited to 200 yards max. One goes beyond that, to 350. Out in the desert, where we're legally allowed to shoot (family owned private land, outside of a county that restricts firearms even on desolate private property), we have a range set up for up to 2500yds (though I don't believe anyone's attempted anything over 1500), but it's near a two hour drive to get there for me, I don't get out there often as a result. I suppose the better way to phrase what I said is "once I decided to start doing research on long range rifles, I considered Desert Tech until I saw their pricetag, My next build (once I'm out of CA) will be a long range platform."

The only complaint that I have with the SRS is the adjustment to the bullpup platform. I'm certain with practice you can adapt to it and be just as effective as a more conventional layout. I don't have that experience, manually operated or semiautomatic. I find it clumsy and not worth the tradeoff of the shorter OAL or the fundamental muscle memory shift. Bullpups are known for having fairly poor triggers. The SRS breaks that stigma. It's not "glass rod" crisp, but it has very little creep with a snappy break, similar to a milspec trigger that's been cleaned up a bit in an AR). It does have a fairly decent amount of over-travel if that's something that bothers you. Desert Tech claims that it's adjustable down to a 1.5lb pull, but I can't validate. My hands on experiences was set at 4.5lbs, which felt accurate, and consistent.

There are several more videos on Full30 and YouTube that Karl has published on the MDR, but I don't know what specific video(s) you're looking for. Desert Tech does have a response video on the issues that Karl presented

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=desert+tech+inrange&atb=v229-2rk&ia=web

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB