Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

Jack.EXE
2 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Ironic that you say that, as our benevolent and entirely not tyrannical and entirely constitutional government is considering outlawing the possession of anything that can be used to make a firearm. A supposed "ghost gun".

Despite the fact that it is entirely fucking legal under United States Law, to in fact manufacture, for personal use, any firearm that one is capable of purchasing (the only exception being automatic weapons. Although that law is also entirely fucking unconstitutional).

We SERIOUSLY need to get a handle on Congress and the entire Federal government. They've lost sight of who they actually serve.

I suggest we stop paying them. Or allowing them to hold office.

idk... I believe there should be some restrictions.

Like seriously, only a crazed killer would own or make one of these:

Spoiler

image.png.855eb3a80d4455eb7a6a44c37e15ea32.png

Just now, fpo said:

idk... I believe there should be some restrictions.

Like seriously, only a crazed killer would own or make one of these:

Hide contents

image.png.855eb3a80d4455eb7a6a44c37e15ea32.png

The only gun law I can support is background checks.

I do however believe there should be requirements for concealed carry. Training 4 times a year, and it comes with a tax break of 25%, upon submission of training certificates.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

13 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

The only gun law I can support is background checks.

I do however believe there should be requirements for concealed carry. Training 4 times a year, and it comes with a tax break of 25%, upon submission of training certificates.

I think everyone should be required to have military service & after completing a minimum service time, they should be able to own anything they want because they had the best understanding of firearms.

What better homeland security than a population armed to the teeth with military training?

EDIT:
I can see this can become political very fast so please don't at me on this one.

1 minute ago, fpo said:

I think everyone should be required to have military service & after completing a minimum service time, they should be able to own anything they want because they had the best understanding of firearms.

Forced into being the state's bitch? Definitely not.

I shouldn't have to complete something special in order to exercise my rights.

A girl who loves to love.

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Quick friendly reminder to not be political :)

Thanks

Should we choose to, mind if we continue this in private messages? I ask because I've recently had... issues with status updates.

1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

Should we choose to, mind if we continue this in private messages? I ask because I've recently had... issues with status updates.

I won’t report you if you message me with politics but I’m not interested in discussing it any further. 

I think PMs are free reign unless one party reports iirc. They’re not monitored. 

Im watching John wick again. I am waiting for when he goes to the underground and shoots all the guys with his M4 & then I’m going to look for parts recommended by guys earlier to see how much it’d cost to make a look alike. 

Failing that I might make the M4 from the first level of MW3 when you’re in NYC & your humvee is sideways. 

41 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

If both parties are fine to discuss it in private messages, it's all fair game in my opinion.

The issues arise when it stops being a discussion and devolves into name-calling, personal attacks, and so forth.

37 minutes ago, fpo said:

Im watching John wick again. I am waiting for when he goes to the underground and shoots all the guys with his M4 & then I’m going to look for parts recommended by guys earlier to see how much it’d cost to make a look alike. 

Failing that I might make the M4 from the first level of MW3 when you’re in NYC & your humvee is sideways. 

I actually have not seen any of those movies. I know the basic premise is Good Guy Keanu goes on a killing spree because some people killed his dog(or at least that's what I've gathered from internet memes), but are they any good?

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

The issues arise when it stops being a discussion and devolves into name-calling, personal attacks, and so forth.

I actually have not seen any of those movies. I know the basic premise is Good Guy Keanu goes on a killing spree because some people killed his dog(or at least that's what I've gathered from internet memes), but are they any good?

Story is generic “russian bad guys.” All the russian is very good. 

I think John wick 2 is the best. All the shooting sequences are good. 

John wick trained for a long time with one of the best shooting instructors to prepare for this movie series. 

Know the story is dumb, just watch the action & it’s a good movie. 

Some of the fist fighting keanu would definitely have died from or suffered extended incapacitation, but if you let that slide I love the action scenes. Best in any movie. 

Also lots of realism & techniques advanced police might know. 

It's a little more complex than that, but "dog died must kill" does get you the tl;dr.
Depends on if it's your type of movie. It's stylized Hollywood gunplay, good guy takes on the world and wins with naught more than a few boo-boos (or, what ultimately amounts to "tis but a flesh wound").
It's a good action movie, if you like action movies. Much like Red Dawn was, is, John Wick is a gun guy's "boog" movie. Keanu put a non trivial amount of time behind competition shooting to prepare for his role, and it shows. His form isn't perfect, but it's a lot better than what Hollywood usually gives us.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Speaking of clearing houses. I need to practice clearing out my apartment with my 870.  I have an old BCI trade in (North Dakota's version of the FBI if you will) 870 Wingmaster.  Has iron sights, holds 4+1 rounds.  19.5" barrel. 

Remington 870 Wingmaster Police, PA State Polic... for sale

Very similar to this.  

Anyways, I bought it as a home defense shotgun, I need to practice clearing my apartment with it, as it sits by my bedside and it's my "bump in the night" gun.

Also Friday I'm going up to walmart to buy Paper Mario, I'll stop at Scheels and Spartan Arms to look at both new and used Glock 19s.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

5 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

If both parties are fine to discuss it in private messages, it's all fair game in my opinion.

Good to know.

And yes, the movies are really quite good for action movies. Judging by the standard of other movies that have been coming out, they're f**king 10/10.

11 hours ago, Nine Tailed Fox said:

*SNIP*

was looking at this

The TLR1 absolutely fit's the standard glock rail, Glocks do not have a proprietary rail setup. Here's a pic of a TLR1 on a G19:

STREAMILGHT_TLR-1_GLOCK_19-1500x722.jpg

However, if you have a few extra bucks, the Surefire X300U is a better light than the Streamlight. 

My G19.4 with Surefire X300U-A

20200526-183539-1.jpg

The restrictions you see are ITAR, as an american you can buy it, own it, and use it, however if you cross an international border with it, you could get into some trouble with the US State Department. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

12 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Ironic that you say that, as our benevolent and entirely not tyrannical and entirely constitutional government is considering outlawing the possession of anything that can be used to make a firearm. A supposed "ghost gun".

Despite the fact that it is entirely fucking legal under United States Law, to in fact manufacture, for personal use, any firearm that one is capable of purchasing (the only exception being automatic weapons. Although that law is also entirely fucking unconstitutional).

We SERIOUSLY need to get a handle on Congress and the entire Federal government. They've lost sight of who they actually serve.

I suggest we stop paying them. Or allowing them to hold office. Or walk freely for that matter.

I dont own anything that can be used to make a gun.  I have a CNC machine for mechanical parts.

Reality though, they would have to outlaw a hammer and pliers then.  You can make a gun out of a coconut, saw it on Gilligan's Island once. 

13 minutes ago, daveholland86 said:

I dont own anything that can be used to make a gun.  I have a CNC machine for mechanical parts.

Reality though, they would have to outlaw a hammer and pliers then.  You can make a gun out of a coconut, saw it on Gilligan's Island once. 

carbon, metal, wood, sulfur, flint, steel, fire.

It's like that time the guy tried to make water illegal.

edit:
Talking on the concept of manufacturing firearms this is a cool video on the subject:

3 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

The TLR1 absolutely fit's the standard glock rail, Glocks do not have a proprietary rail setup. Here's a pic of a TLR1 on a G19:

However, if you have a few extra bucks, the Surefire X300U is a better light than the Streamlight. 

My G19.4 with Surefire X300U-A

The restrictions you see are ITAR, as an american you can buy it, own it, and use it, however if you cross an international border with it, you could get into some trouble with the US State Department. 

What holster is that? Not sure if I should just get a holster that's taclight compatible now or later

6 minutes ago, Nine Tailed Fox said:

What holster is that? Not sure if I should just get a holster that's taclight compatible now or later

That one is made by Odin Holsters.

https://odinholsters.com/

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

This whole thread just makes me itch to get another gun...

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 5 3600x, X570 ASUS Prime Pro, 32gb Crucial Ballistix 3600mhz CL16,

EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG279QM 27" 1080P @ 280hz and LG CX 4k tv

Hopes and Dreams: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 and Ryzen 9 5950x

4 minutes ago, Nine Tailed Fox said:

spacer.png

that's the last straw... brb.

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 5 3600x, X570 ASUS Prime Pro, 32gb Crucial Ballistix 3600mhz CL16,

EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG279QM 27" 1080P @ 280hz and LG CX 4k tv

Hopes and Dreams: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 and Ryzen 9 5950x

An hour long video explaining why the M16 got a bad reputation 

Whats unique is this guy actually cited his sources towards the beginning of the video. 

43 minutes ago, fpo said:

An hour long video explaining why the M16 got a bad reputation 

Whats unique is this guy actually cited his sources towards the beginning of the video. 

M16 and it's variants(AR platform) is literally my favorite rifle..

spacer.png

Anyone have much experience with copper-polymer ammo?  I just picked up a box at the store last week.  Fired a mag through my SR9, seemed to fire pretty well.  Haven't had an opportunity to look up penetration videos on them, but curious to see what you guys think of them.

4 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

Anyone have much experience with copper-polymer ammo?  I just picked up a box at the store last week.  Fired a mag through my SR9, seemed to fire pretty well.  Haven't had an opportunity to look up penetration videos on them, but curious to see what you guys think of them.

This stuff? 

https://gundigest.com/gear-ammo/polymer-composite-bullet-accuracy-put-to-the-test