Ubisoft Planning Its Own Theme Park

HKZeroFive

Now for the unexpected news of the day, it turns out that Ubisoft is currently planning to build and open up its own theme park in 2020. The park is set to be built-in Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia, with all attractions being placed indoors and spread out over 10,000 square meters.

The Ubisoft theme park will have rides, shows and ‘other attractions’, which will obviously all be based on Ubisoft’s different franchises. The park itself is being built by RSG, a Malaysian theme park developer, while creative control will be maintained by Ubisoft’s motion picture branch.

ubisoft-franchises-e1441625909218.jpg

In a press release, Ubisoft Motion Pictures Senior VP, Jean de Rivières said: “Ubisoft’s intention for this park is to immerse people in reactive worlds where they can interact with each other and become the heroes of their own life-sized game”.

Ubisoft will be in charge of producing all of the digital content for rides. Ubisoft’s most popular franchise, Assassin’s Creed, will likely be a focus. We will probably also see appearances from other series’ like Splinter Cell, Far Cry, maybe even Prince of Persia, though that franchise hasn’t been revisited in quite some time.

Alright, I don't know if this constitutes as 'Tech News' but this is a pretty bold move on the part of Ubisoft.

To be fair, they do have a fair amount of franchises, and still have until 2020 so plans may change and the park may not even be built.

How does one go from being a game developer to creating a theme park? Ubisoft better not launch hastily made games such as Assassin's Creed (but they've been milking the series already so you can't really tell anymore) just to justify making another attraction to rake in more money.

The idea of a Ubisoft Theme Park is kind of unbelievable, and if you ask me, I feel like the deal will fall through in the future. I'd probably go there to see what it's like if they actually make it.

Sauce: http://www.kitguru.net/channel/generaltech/matthew-wilson/ubisoft-is-planning-its-own-theme-park/

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Ubisoft is trying to be Disney

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The only difference is that there are no Nazi's involved.

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

Will they make u have internet connection to get in it?

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

The only difference is that there are no Nazi's involved.

I dunno Ubisoft are quite Nazi

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I dunno Ubisoft are quite Nazi

Hmmm, true. Just French ones  :wacko:

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

I'd love to be on a Far Cry 3 rollercoaster
Imagine reaching a high place and all of a sudden you hear the Vaan voice clip
"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?" and all of sudden the ride goes completely backwards to the start. 

I'd love to be on a Far Cry 3 rollercoaster

Imagine reaching a high place and all of a sudden you hear the Vaan voice clip

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?" and all of sudden the ride goes completely backwards to the start. 

Or the Assassin's Creed roller coaster. Despite being really slow and jerky you still come out looking like this:

acu-640x400.png

With hookers and blackjack I hope

Or the Assassin's Creed roller coaster. Despite being really slow and jerky you still come out looking like this:

acu-640x400.png

Thats on the horror ride

acu-640x400.png

Thats on the horror ride

You mean house of horrors?

Or if they instead of having the hammer striker or w/e it's called, give you a shovel for a "keep digging" competition. If you set a record they might offer you a job.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

You mean house of horrors?

Or if they instead of having the hammer striker or w/e it's called, give you a shovel for a "keep digging" competition. If you set a record they might offer you a job.

haha dig a hole and throw a ubisoft game in it

Oh, they must be making a lot of money then...

I never thought I'd ever have to say or read anything like this.

I am genuinely shocked.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Ubisoft theme park... the place were all the rides has catastrophically dangerous mechanical issues that will kill you halfway.

But do not worry. Their technicians are working on fixing the issues..... In the meantime, its perfectly "safe"

Oh, they must be making a lot of money then...

I never thought I'd ever have to say or read anything like this.

I am genuinely shocked.

Movies of their games, theme parks, toys, basically they are just becoming Disney but like with more killing

Movies of their games, theme parks, toys, basically they are just becoming Disney but like with more killing

I just never thought I'd see the day where as weird as this happened.  :lol: I can already tell lots of people will be hurt or killed.

Too bad it wasn't Nintendo.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |