YouTube Gaming - Launched!

Original Source: Tech Crunch

3-live-chat2.png?w=738

YouTube has been busy relaunching it's gaming focused streaming site YouTube Gaming. Tech Crunch has announced that tomorrow August 26th will be the day the site launches in the US and UK.

It's been pretty interesting watching as YouTube apparently made moves to acquire Twitch, only to have e-commerce and hosting giant Amazon do so instead. Earlier this summer YouTube announced, without great detail, that they will be going head to head with Twitch in the game streaming space.

Twitch seemed pretty welcome to the challenge. They are in the advantageous position of being the established standard with exclusive deals to steam eSports and game launches.

WQCGRXH.png

So what features will you want to see to make YouTube Gaming the site you go to for throwing up your dongers? A better chat system has been mention by most and pics on Tech Crunch indicate they have worked on this. 

Will you just follow your favorite streamers regardless of platform? If you're a streamer what kind of subscriptions split and other monetization will you want to see to make the switch? Are you on Hitbox? (Lolz). Check out more pics on the Tech Crunch site.

FX-8350 | Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 | 16 GB (2x8 1600Mhz) Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 SC Dual | Corsair Vengeance C70 | 120GB Samsung EVO SSD, 1TB WD Black | Corsair AX860i | 2x BenQ XL2420TE | Corsair H110 | Logitech G15 | Logitech G500 | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Windows 8.1

SHOTS FIRED TWITCH

hqdefault.jpg

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Hopefully this will give Twitch some incentive to start cranking on new features and options.

I'm sticking with #TeamTwitch

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

if i can just use my google account, sure, why not.

that said, twitch is working hard at their html5 player, and a lot of the big streamers today are bound to twitch by contract (partners)

This will actually be bad for twitch. Popular youtubers might switch over.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

Perfect response from twitch lol...

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

If only they DIDNT already sign up as an affiliate with twitch to get subscribers eh?

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

YouTube Gaming posted this tweet with an animated GIF of a beating 8-bit heart (Their Logo). Does this add any validity to Tech Crunch's fairly unsubstantiated claims?

FX-8350 | Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 | 16 GB (2x8 1600Mhz) Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 SC Dual | Corsair Vengeance C70 | 120GB Samsung EVO SSD, 1TB WD Black | Corsair AX860i | 2x BenQ XL2420TE | Corsair H110 | Logitech G15 | Logitech G500 | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Windows 8.1

The features are there, but the community won't be however, this will most likely make Twitch rollout higher bitrate limits and source buttons to more streams. That 60 FPS streaming is a big thing. I also don't see mods or admins as a chat feature which is an issue for sure, Hopefully that's added later on.

Might give it a go, see how I get on. I have more subs on youtube than I do on twitch, could be a good thing. Plus no more flash for anything.

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

Any info if it will use HTML5 or Flash?

I'm almost positive that it will use HTML5, especially since regular YouTube already does...

COMIC SANS

Any info if it will use HTML5 or Flash?

YouTube moved away from Flash earlier this year so i'd imagine it will be using HTML5.

If only they DIDNT already sign up as an affiliate with twitch to get subscribers eh?

The features are there, but the community won't be however, this will most likely make Twitch rollout higher bitrate limits and source buttons to more streams. That 60 FPS streaming is a big thing. I also don't see mods or admins as a chat feature which is an issue for sure, Hopefully that's added later on.

I know for certain they've signed a number of fairly big gaming content creators. Some of which already stream and have a huge following. I'm sure they'll do more to entice others. This seems really similar to the whole Vessel/YouTube thing.

There are weekly shows on YouTube, like Tech Talk w/ Jay and Barnacules that have pretty high concurrent viewer counts.

There was the ability to make users mods with the current YouTube Live chat format. I imagine there will be in the new one as well

It'll be awesome to watch and see how this pans out!

Might give it a go, see how I get on. I have more subs on youtube than I do on twitch, could be a good thing. Plus no more flash for anything.

Yeah same here. One of the challenges I've seen ppl face is how to balance working on two platforms.

I hope linus does tbh. It might run better. And might get better ratings.

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

I'll probably like YouTube gaming better than twitch. Twitch just doesn't steam as good as even live YouTube :\

I doubt it unless Google has fixed their content/copyright policies. On Twitch you can stream whatever music you want while you game, but since Google hasn't fixed their policies I doubt YouTube Gaming will allow it.

For example, Utorak stopped using YouTube as his main platform and switched over to Twitch because he enjoyed streaming more and didn't want to deal with YouTube streaming because of their policies, he has almost 200k subs and many other content creators followed as well.

If anything it'll just be a backup streaming service to Twitch, Twitch has its own problems, but they aren't as bad as Google's.

I remember when Twitch replied back. Twitter went insane lmao.

Google has to do a couple of things to in order to compete with Twitch.

1. Be more lenient in copyright claims.

2. Have a low latency chat.

3. Easy to watch codecs.

and lastly and probably the hardest one, create a streaming culture. Twitch (although aids at times) has a chat culture that will be really hard to replicate. The Kappa's, the xD's, the TSM wonnered, and other things are (in my eyes) really important.

I doubt it unless Google has fixed their content/copyright policies. On Twitch you can stream whatever music you want while you game, but since Google hasn't fixed their policies I doubt YouTube Gaming will allow it.

For example, Utorak stopped using YouTube as his main platform and switched over to Twitch because he enjoyed streaming more and didn't want to deal with YouTube streaming because of their policies, he has almost 200k subs and many other content creators followed as well.

If anything it'll just be a backup streaming service to Twitch, Twitch has its own problems, but they aren't as bad as Google's.

Not sure about policies, but I think Google might "buy" few popular streamers. Also I remember during E3 many had issues or stuttering on Twitch. Youtube? Zero. A huge deal. It's quite ironic considering Amazon owns Twitch.  :lol:

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Not sure about policies, but I think Google might "buy" few popular streamers. Also I remember during E3 many had issues or stuttering on Twitch. Youtube? Zero. A huge deal. It's quite ironic considering Amazon owns Twitch.  :lol:

If they do buy streamers that won't make me switch over personally. Maybe YouTube didn't have issues because the amount of people watching on there was like 10% of the amount that was watching on Twitch?  ;)

Either way it'll be a "wait and see" scenario, I don't believe in Google enough to deliver a better service than Twitch. Every single service/system that touches Google's hands ends up in the trash. However I am willing to eat my own words tomorrow, but I doubt I'll be doing so.

When I hear YouTube Gaming -

6e9bbe451074cfd4ad79a534fe0800ff.jpg

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Great, YouTube accounts are still beyond fucked up in my eyes so I don't even see the point of having chat there.

If they do buy streamers that won't make me switch over personally. Maybe YouTube didn't have issues because the amount of people watching on there was like 10% of the amount that was watching on Twitch?  ;)

Either way it'll be a "wait and see" scenario, I don't believe in Google enough to deliver a better service than Twitch. Every single service/system that touches Google's hands ends up in the trash. However I am willing to eat my own words tomorrow, but I doubt I'll be doing so.

You wouldn't believe it but was the other way around, there were count numbers, Youtube had more viewers.  :P Don't want to go to specific into numbers, but people were reporting that Youtube was fine on 350k viewers and at the same time Twitch went down (iirc Twitch didn't hit 150k at any point but I might be wrong). 

No seriously, I'm glad Google is making this, mainly because competition. If they can help Twitch to become better or vice versa why not? I'm curious what's Google's plan to get people. Except you know, people heard of Youtube, here 4/5 people don't know what Twitch is, even those that call themselves techies/gamers.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own.