#DisarmTheiPhone - New York Activist group want's Apple to remove the Gun emoji

Jlryan

You're missing the point. You're so used to that happening that you think all police forces are the same as the states, shoot first and fuck the questions. But the fact is they aren't.

If you were to ask the average kiwi why do we pay our taxes, you wont get the reply "because I am scared the police will come round and hurt me". I have been late on my tax return once, they fine you with heavy interest so people pay it.

As for the court thing, I have no idea. But, from watching our version of COPS, Police 10/7, It's nothing like the states they normally just turn up at the house and take the guy away. Our entire mentality is different, guns and violence do not shape the country.

You would have an arrest warrant set out for you, and then the police will actively search for you, but even then they won't beat the living shit out of you, if you co-operate they'll happily let you walk out with them to the car, some won't even put handcuffs on if you're compliant.

If you start mouthing off at them, then they'll be forceful, but only to get you down and cuff you, they won't actively out of their way to boot you in the head or force their knee into your throat like you see in America.

.....you're missing the point entirely. They send out people who FORCE you to comply, with violence if necessary. It's the same in America, if you miss a court date, you get arrested. If you refuse to submit to arrest, they arrest you by force, which is the same exact thing that you just described. The big difference between the police in the US and the police elsewhere (in some countries like the UK and AUS), is that our police have committed more egregious acts. But the same principle still applies. All authority stems from the supreme authority, which is violence of some sort. Both of you are reverting to a stereotype perpetuated by the search for ratings on television (more violence = more ratings)

The point is, if you don't comply, you get tasered, or you get knocked to the ground and put in cuffs, both of which qualify as VIOLENCE. The majority of cops in the US won't shoot you unless they have a damned good reason to. Most won't hit you unnecessarily unless they have a damned good reason, but the point still stands, whether they taser you, hit you with a baton, or just "tackle" you to the ground and force your arms behind your back, it's still violence.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

No you are missing the point, you said the only reason that people obey law is violence and in that you're wrong. violence is not what does that, here it is used as a LAST resort and I mean LAST resort.

I don't obey the law because I am scared the police will beat me, I obey it because I should and it's what being a member of civilized society is about.

If you obey law because of the threat of violence that there is something seriously wrong with your society or at least your view of it.

No you are missing the point, you said the only reason that people obey law is violence and in that you're wrong. violence is not what does that, here it is used as a LAST resort and I mean LAST resort.

I don't obey the law because I am scared the police will beat me, I obey it because I should and it's what being a member of civilized society is about.

If you obey law because of the threat of violence that there is something seriously wrong with your society or at least your view of it.

I didn't say people obey the law because of the threat of violence, I am saying that violence is the authority from which all other authority is derived. It's a transitive property, not a direct correlation(causation?)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

It keeps on getting more ridiculous as time goes on, next "#DisarmTheBrain" because people thought about guns!

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

There are some seriously stupid people out there. 

I'm starting to hate my own brothers in the left more than I hate a lot of people on the right.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

.....you're missing the point entirely. They send out people who FORCE you to comply, with violence if necessary. It's the same in America, if you miss a court date, you get arrested. If you refuse to submit to arrest, they arrest you by force, which is the same exact thing that you just described. The big difference between the police in the US and the police elsewhere (in some countries like the UK and AUS), is that our police have committed more egregious acts. But the same principle still applies. All authority stems from the supreme authority, which is violence of some sort. Both of you are reverting to a stereotype perpetuated by the search for ratings on television (more violence = more ratings)

The point is, if you don't comply, you get tasered, or you get knocked to the ground and put in cuffs, both of which qualify as VIOLENCE. The majority of cops in the US won't shoot you unless they have a damned good reason to. Most won't hit you unnecessarily unless they have a damned good reason, but the point still stands, whether they taser you, hit you with a baton, or just "tackle" you to the ground and force your arms behind your back, it's still violence.

I have worked with law enforcement for several years now and neither have I witnessed the degree, nor been trained to the degree you are citing here. The only time this has happened is because the offending individual became violent.

But I do agree there are different levels of violence mild to extreme. <-- Edit to add.

Police Officer Training 101: For every level of escalation the Officer must be one level below and the goal is to de-escalate the situation not escalate it. This is drilled into us from the start. Just like my days in Basic Training from day one we train to be prepared to fight when needed not trained to kill.

(I am not a Police Officer but I have the same training per my job requirements only difference is I cannot make an actual arrest only detain)

*2nd edit to add

Anytime an encounter becomes physical its determined violent and an incident report has to be filed in case the incident goes to court.

Violence: exertion of any level of physical force so as to injure or abuse

Sorry I am at work so doing 2 things at once here.

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Next thinkg you know that you aren't allowes to have two balls because it's offensive to some people.

And I'm gonna ban the sad face. Because sadness is sin!

- snip-

You would have an arrest warrant set out for you, and then the police will actively search for you, but even then they won't beat the living shit out of you, if you co-operate they'll happily let you walk out with them to the car, some won't even put handcuffs on if you're compliant.

If you start mouthing off at them, then they'll be forceful, but only to get you down and cuff you, they won't actively out of their way to boot you in the head or force their knee into your throat like you see in America.

I love how you think it's different in the US. That's what happens for the vast majority of things, a normal rational response and appropriate amount of force for the situation (if you just say no to going with them, they aren't going to suddenly start beating you out of nowhere, do you honestly believe that?). If you think the entire US police force consists of the few murders that have been on the news this past year, then you need to open your eyes, actually do the barest amount of research, and think rationally. Not go on a crusade to demonize another country for the actions of a few.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

what.

the.

actual.

funk?

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

How is that going to help?

I'm not a homophobe by any stretch but I do think that's a bit gay.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Why the hell are people so busy finding "offensive" stuff all over the place and getting up in peoples shit about it :o it amazes me that some people have so little to do in their sparetime that they use energy on such silly things..

I love how you think it's different in the US. That's what happens for the vast majority of things, a normal rational response and appropriate amount of force for the situation (if you just say no to going with them, they aren't going to suddenly start beating you out of nowhere, do you honestly believe that?). If you think the entire US police force consists of the few murders that have been on the news this past year, then you need to open your eyes, actually do the barest amount of research, and think rationally. Not go on a crusade to demonize another country for the actions of a few.

Why is it wrong for the police to enforce reasonable law again. I have respect for the police and tax system. And allowing the police to handle violence rather than citizens is not a weakness. It seems to me vocal Americans in forums have no respect for law, police, or tax...I mean no offense to reasonable Americans by the way.

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/07/23/nra-floats-idea-of-kids-needing-to-show-gun-pro/200182 gun required zones and requiring children to learn how to use a gun

http://www.vpc.org/studies/felons.htm guns for felons program by the NRA

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

I really  hate hashtags why cant they just say "disarm the iphone campaign"  sound a bit more legitimate, and no I am not old I am 26  I use facebook and  twitter but still come on

short rant over.

can people stop getting upset over stupid emoji's  ?!!

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

The gun emoji is responsible for all gun crimes in the US. It's a fact.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

EL OH EL.

Some people clearly have way to much time on their hands. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Why is it wrong for the police to enforce reasonable law again. I have respect for the police and tax system. And allowing the police to handle violence rather than citizens is not a weakness. It seems to me vocal Americans in forums have no respect for law, police, or tax...I mean no offense to reasonable Americans by the way.

Huh? I don't disagree with any of that. My point in that post was that the ~1.1 million police officers in the US don't beat people or shoot them, or use their taser on people for no reason whatsoever just because there are a dozen or so in the news over a few years that have. The vast majority are just regular people doing their job.

And yeah, I find that whole 'fuck da police' mentality that a lot of people have very annoying and unproductive. Just cooperate with whoever has pulled you over on the road or walked up and talked to you for the 5 minutes they need and you'll be on your way. It isn't as hard or as much of a pain as a lot of people act like.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

The gun emoji is responsible for all gun crimes in the US. It's a fact.

and the knife emoji for any crime before guns were invented. Fact. And the man emoji is responsible for any woman abuse ever. Fact. Just ask Anita.

- snip-