#DisarmTheiPhone - New York Activist group want's Apple to remove the Gun emoji

Jlryan

also remove the 13 (?) train emojis, so many people commit suicide trough them, its just awfull every time one of those pops up

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Uh, okay. Just seems like another Tumblr user thinking they're going to be the one to change the world for the better. Moving on.

Ah the social marxists strike again. Their cure to anything that offends them, is to ban it. Doesn't matter how many people who get oppressed in the process. Remember kids, in the eye of SJW's, your rights end where their feelings begin.

What does promoting stricter gun control in a very civilised way have to do with SJWs? If you use it wrong then it becomes meaningless.

There's nothing liberal about this. These people are far left authoritarians.

Stricter access to guns doesn't mean banning guns. The idea that everyone has the right to own and access a device designed to kill people is pretty crazy.

I would agree, but I'm smarter than that

UvyIa73.gif

I don't think bashing far left of far right a reason to abandon a thread. I though bashing extremists left right and centre don't cause flamewars in most places, or maybe I just don't attend enough forums.

What the .... wow.

So what is this group going to do about all the gun apps in the Apple store as well? Last I remember those downloads topped out near 1 million+ or so together.

I am neither for or against as I really do not care, there is a gun emoji in my phone and I never had or felt the need to use it. Maybe I should. Honestly all these guy have done is increased awareness that it there so now we are going to see a major increase in its use for the next couple of months. Ha, idiots.

giphy.gif

*Edit*

I double checked and I don't have one, I have a Windows Phone. Unless I missed it. I feel left out.  :(

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Everyone has an iPhone? Seriously?

Here is what I say to this. emoji.jpgMUHHH AHHHHH

You monster. I'm reporting you to the emoji police for murder.

I have a one way ticket on august 21st to canada. Thats all I have to say. I am sick of people having stupid ideas. ANd I sure hope they didnt pay for this video. 

you know canada has stricter gun control

Stricter access to guns doesn't mean banning guns. The idea that everyone has the right to own and access a device designed to kill people is pretty crazy.

NRA: prison convicts and children should be allowed the exercise their 2nd amendment rights

We need to put an end to the war on emoticons #DisarmTheiPhone

I'm not sure how to react to this video. It's really fun, but really, REALLY sad. 

i cant even .....

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Wow gun crim is really a problem, 33,000 deaths per year. thats 90 deaths per day. In the UK from 2013 to 2014 (thats a year) only 29 people died from gun crime. And americans say "To stop gun crime, we need more guns"

MORE PEOPLE DIE EACH DAY IN THE US FROM GUNS THAN IN 1 YEAR IN THE UK

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

Well right anger wrong target...as usual

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

I'm gonna jump the gun on this and say this is pure bullshit... (Get it?)

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Wow gun crim is really a problem, 33,000 deaths per year. thats 90 deaths per day. In the UK from 2013 to 2014 (thats a year) only 29 people died from gun crime. And americans say "To stop gun crime, we need more guns"

MORE PEOPLE DIE EACH DAY IN THE US FROM GUNS THAN IN 1 YEAR IN THE UK

The US does have a bigger population than the UK, so it kinda makes sense the mortality is higher, but I do agree with you that there has to be a ban on guns. Besides, if everyone has one, then it is like nobody has.

The US does have a bigger population than the UK, so it kinda makes sense the mortality is higher, but I do agree with you that there has to be a ban on guns. Besides, if everyone has one, then it is like nobody has.

It doesn't scale up that way, by that logic if the UK had 318 million people that would still only be 153 deaths per year.

Gaming/Folding rig: Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced White | MSI Z77A-G43 | Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.4GHz | 10GB G.Skill RAM | Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Seagate 2TB | Seagate 2TB | WD Blue 640GB | Cogage Arrow (Passive) | Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675w | Windows 10 Pro

Photography

It doesn't scale up that way, by that logic if the UK had 318 million people that would still only be 153 deaths per year.

I said it makes sense for the death rate to be higher, due to the bigger population, not that it explains that big of a difference.

This is just ridiculous. Why don't we see them against every the war on 'terrorists' since that's most likely the cause of the violent mentality in America. Or how about everyone going hard against racism, because that is another root of the problem. I don't agree with the banning of the guns in the US particularly. In other countries, I feel the ban makes sense. I feel that since the US spends so much on military instead of worrying about their education, immigration, and other laws, it only makes sense that the people of that country would want to take up arms or at least own a gun. More laws don't stop criminals, it only creates them.

I am getting a firearm when I am of age for sure. I love shooting and the ranges. ANd this?? WTF What happened to MERICA 

Simple answer?

Cowardly sheep following lying dictators in waiting.

I said it makes sense for the death rate to be higher, due to the bigger population, not that it explains that big of a difference.

There are other issues to take into account as well. Such as the UK being an island, which is somewhat more easily secured, and having a smaller landmass to police.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

wot

How will this do anything...?

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

isn't new york that ultra liberal nanny state? not surprised it came from there

Yup, they're the ones who tried to ban large soda drinks.

They also have large apartment buildings with separate entrances for the rich and the poor (*COUGH*communism-in-progress*COUGH*)

While we're at it--can we disarm the whales of their horribly terrifying, and murderous teeth?  Possibly Dolphins as well, because they typically rape seals in the wild.  *Facepalm*

Pfhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaha

Grow a brain maggots.

Ye ole' train

You know.. why can't they just be activists for something that matters?  Why is it that they always go after something that is insignificant in the grand scheme.  You know, since they are going after Apple, maybe they can petition to have them treat their workers in Taiwan, and China faaaar better than they do.  Improve Human work conditions.  Will make more of an impact than removing a gun emote.

You know.. why can't they just be activists for something that matters?  Why is it that they always go after something that is insignificant in the grand scheme.  You know, since they are going after Apple, maybe they can petition to have them treat their workers in Taiwan, and China faaaar better than they do.  Improve Human work conditions.  Will make more of an impact than removing a gun emote.

Because that would involve facing their own hypocrisy, which just isn't going to happen.

(Similar topics: their blind support of the Clintons, who've done many horrible things, and their complete ignorance of "their" president's support of the TPP, a bill which will effectively ruin the world.)