Why do birthdays become less exciting?

Overkilled

It's my birthday tomorrow and I dont feel remotely excited at all and its quite sad really

Because after you reach the age where you are legally on your own, it becomes "great, I'm one year closer to death"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Because after you reach the age where you are legally on your own, it becomes "great, I'm one year closer to death"

unfortunately, that is precisely why i'm not a fan anymore of birthdays. 

Also, i just don't like crowds, parties, and the like.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Well when you're younger, it is a much bigger jump and you get a lot more gifts compared to what you already have. Once you're older, you also lose some of the becoming and adult factor, and its more like you getting closer to death.

I'm 14 tomorrow JUST 24

I'm 14 tomorrow JUST 14

unfortunately, that is precisely why i'm not a fan anymore of birthdays. 

Also, i just don't like crowds, parties, and the like.

I wouldn't mind a nerd party. Never really been to one. Especially nerd-stoners, which apparently aren't as common as I thought they were.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Well when you're younger, it is a much bigger jump and you get a lot more gifts compared to what you already have. Once you're older, you also lose some of the becoming and adult factor, and its more like you getting closer to death.

You can say that everyday with growing depression.

"Today I am a lot more close to being dead than I was yesterday but at least I made my new personal record in the length of my life span so that is great!"

Because you're getting old and all the fun stuff you want is too expensive for people to get you.

I just get money from people and don't care much other than that.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I celebrate mine. I usually don't know what I want to do, but if I don't my girlfriend and friends make sure we do something. My parents stopped caring at 12-13ish. Except on my 18th. I take the day off from work. Either go somewhere or spend the day relaxing. This year I build my PC in my sig. Last year I drove a few hundred miles and went to the redwood forest in Cali. Make it a "treat yourself" day with no guilt. It sucks getting older. But hey, you survived another year! Happy early birthday @Overkilled!

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

Last I celebrated my birthday when I was 6-7 I think. As you get older, unless someone else is taking the initiative to organise and make a birthday party for you, you just won't be bothered with it anymore because of the hassle and you might have other more important things to do.

I used to be really enthusiastic about my birthday. That enthusiasm slowly drained away the more introverted I became as time passed by. Now I have little enthusiasm for any special occasion. I prefer just whiling away the time either alone at my computer or hanging out with kids.

That's called growing up. I'd avoid it, it isn't that great.

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

Do you guys not celebrate your birthdays at all?

What is a birthday ? What is this strange new concept ? 

Also read my singature ...

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

It's another milestone on the path of one's soon-to-end journey, of which the end will be met either around one's family, or in an alley or a biker bar due to misguided actions.

I got bored of them after the thirteenth. And the sixteenth? God why...

I got on the minibus from school, and ended up with pink banners and balloons all over the place. It was for a girl, not a boy.

I have never felt such a combination of uncontrollable rage and embarrassment in my life. It was then that I became a morngy git.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

Getting another year closer to death doesn't seem exciting. Never really celebrated a birthday once I passed 10 - 12 years of age... 

Pointless day of the year in my book now. But hey if it's your birthday or anyone's birthday today and you happen to be on this thread.

Happy Birthday to you!

sample_2faaf0500cf1aadf3989d699b21d76604

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

My birthday is a ton of fun every year, it's just an excuse to spend excess money on things you normally wouldn't do. I lost my birthday excitement after 21 but at 24 I realised I have way more money and freedom than I've ever had and can celebrate even harder every year. At your age you still have so many milestones to look forward to you should be happy every year you keep growing.

Not a single fuck was given...my birthday is in two days... (32)

It's just another day of the year to me now...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

My last birthday I felt excited for was a few years ago when my cat died...on my birthday RIP such a sad day now

After reading this thread i can now feel myself aging :(

Intel i5 4690k | NZXT Kraken x61 | MSI z97 Gaming 5 | MSI GTX 970 EVGA Supernova G2 750 G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB 2133mhz [2x8] | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD Samsung 850 EVO Series 250GB SSD NZXT H440 [black and Red]

Saving for a Dream rig :)

It's become the same thing with me, Christmas too.

It's just like, eh, it's my birthday tomorrow. Oh that's cool.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)