Why do birthdays become less exciting?

Overkilled

birthday is something that just happens so it's not as special as something you actually worked to achieve. 

because at a certain point you realize you are an adult and that your no longer apart of represenatation of the youth in your country.

at least that was for me, in ten years I will be middle aged , thats just life :/

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

I got bored of them when I was 14 - 16. No-one was coming besides some relatives anyway, I didn't bother with it anymore.

Just 2 days ago I turned 18, the few relatives I have just wanted to come at least see me, I didn't, but it happened.

Would have preferred to stay as a minor for a few more years, but unfortunately growing older cannot be stopped, nor slowed down.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Because the older you get the more you realise that nothing actually changes when you go from e.g. 19>20, you feel exactly the same as you did the day before and it all sometimes rather anti-climatic.

When you were younger a birthday was a day where a bunch of things that never normally happen, happened. An entire day was about you, you received that present you have wanted for ages, all of your friends are there and you went out to somewhere really fun and got to eat all the crap you wanted. When your older and actually have your own money, going out and getting treated is less of a novelty, as a student you will probably just go out and get drunk, which is what you would have done anyway so nothing special there. 

t;dr your birthday is just another day, feels less special. 

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

to op

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I love playing this on my birthday.

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

Eventually you've had so many it doesn't matter anymore. It's kind of special for me still, but I'm still 16 I guess, and pretty young.

Useful threads: Code of Conduct || Unofficial LTT Beginners Guide || Forum FAQ

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz)