Nvidia Monopolising the market discussion.

Heres a random graph off google images. Not my graph.attachicon.gif0c8146e0_CB1.PNG

As you see AMD are clearly down the bottom

doesn't say which game was played or anything, WUT ? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Heres a random graph off google images. Not my graph.

As you see AMD are clearly down the bottom

Look at the two links in my signature. Actual testing by an actual forum member. Sorry, but no.

Logic.

PhysX is nvidia's technology for the physics processing to be put on the gpu. Only amd cards run the physics on CPU. From what I've heard AMD generally run poorly compared to similarly spec gpu over on green team. I dont actually know however since I run a 980 in my system, never owned a AMD card in my life.

You can choose to run PhysX on CPU or GPU with Nvidia. Regardless of whether you have an Intel or AMD CPU. Check in your Nvidia Control Center.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

good lord can you kids open your minds to the reality of these businesses?

NVIDIA IS A GRAPHICS COMPANY

AMD IS A MICROPROCESSOR COMPANY

NVidia is building/expanding tools for graphics design, and now developing tools to make all these years of research easier to implement for other people

AMD's marketing just needs to shut up and quit brainwashing the fanboys into thinking that NVidia is shunning them out. AMD is not a graphics company and do not have the structure nor funds to be one. They should be focusing on what they originally exist for - microprocessor solutions.

Just suck it up and accept the fact that a GRAPHICS company is excelling at their primary focus....GRAPHICS. There is nothing wrong with being the alternative option as far as a GPU product - but crying out from the top of your lungs that you're getting the shaft because you're behind in graphics research when your company's focus is microprocessors....just blows my mind in stupidity

That's beside the point, as a consumer I want AMD to grow their share in the gaming market. Otherwise Nvidia can just charge what they want for me to purchase their product. Like windows, who the hell whats to pay 130 AUD for win 8.1?! I sure hell don't really want to, but hey windows can charge what they want. 

CPU i5 4690k @ 4.5Ghz Motherboard Asus RoG Ranger LGA1150 RAM G Skill RipJaw 2x4gb 1600mhz GPU EVGA 980 Classified Case H440 Storage 120gb Samsung 840 SSD & Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Display(s) 2560x1440p Acer CB270HU Cooling Corsair H105 Keyboard Corsair k70 Mouse CM inferno Sound Xonar U7 Operating System Windows 8.1

Edited 

CPU i5 4690k @ 4.5Ghz Motherboard Asus RoG Ranger LGA1150 RAM G Skill RipJaw 2x4gb 1600mhz GPU EVGA 980 Classified Case H440 Storage 120gb Samsung 840 SSD & Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Display(s) 2560x1440p Acer CB270HU Cooling Corsair H105 Keyboard Corsair k70 Mouse CM inferno Sound Xonar U7 Operating System Windows 8.1

That's beside the point, as a consumer I want AMD to grow their share in the gaming market. Otherwise Nvidia can just charge what they want for me to purchase their product. Like windows, who the hell whats to pay 130 AUD for win 8.1?! I sure hell don't really want to, but hey windows can charge what they want. 

you can't force people to buy something they don't seem deserve buying, if you want AMD to grow thier share, may be release new cards once a year instead of rebranding their cards from the last 3 years ?, and you also need to understand AMD is not jsut GPU, the also do CPU

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Haven't seen that since BF4...

and let looks up the benches of BF4 with the fury, 980Ti and 295x2.

well looks at that! the fury X isn't performing that good at it, well.... guess a AMD title doesnt save the fury X.

post-54592-0-64892200-1435240453.png

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

You can choose to run PhysX on CPU or GPU with Nvidia. Regardless of whether you have an Intel or AMD CPU. Check in your Nvidia Control Center.

Do have to make a note here, not in Project Cars you cannot. It strictly runs on the CPU.

Better products sell, can you understand that concept? AMD threw their money down a toilet and is paying dearly for it, so now they're resorting to placing blame on others when it's them who fucked up.

physx doesn't run on AMD

you-dont-say.jpg

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

PhysX is nvidia's technology for the physics processing to be put on the gpu. Only amd cards run the physics on CPU. From what I've heard AMD generally run poorly compared to similarly spec gpu over on green team. I dont actually know however since I run a 980 in my system, never owned a AMD card in my life.

Ya wanna try that again?

Let me add I have a second card that CAN and DOES get used from time to time as deadicated phyx duty..odd that nvidia drivers would force physx onto the CPU in this case no?

zkgf95Y.jpg

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

To be honest the difference is almost negligible. AMD doesn't have the capital to produce, so they go with the cheap route of whining and complaining to get people on their side.

AMD put ALOT of money in APU (which was a total waste) and they also now put ALOT of money into HBM (looking GOOD). AMD do have to capital to do their business. The only reason their GPU are budget friendly is because it is a refresh not a new architecture 

Edited 

that's it? one benchmark graphs for one game ? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

AMD put ALOT of money in APU (which was a total waste) and they also now put ALOT of money into HBM (looking GOOD). AMD do have to capital to do their business. The only reason their GPU are budget friendly is because it is a refresh not a new architecture 

AMD put a lot of money in to buying companies they shouldn't have. ;) Not their R&D "lookie at what we did" crap.

NVIDIA IS A GRAPHICS COMPANY

AMD IS A MICROPROCESSOR COMPANY

This is correct, but also wrong.

Keep in mind, AMD is not a renamed ATI. AMD bought ATI. AMD's people have always worked for CPU's, while ATI's people still work for graphic cards, just under another name.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

But seriously, do people really support a monopolization of the market? Do people really want nvidia to be the only choice we have in the future?

I think a bunch of people are blaming Nvidia for AMD's lower R&D budget.

Nvidia simply has a lot more money to throw at a new GPU design than AMD does, as a result the AMD cards upper limits are usually lower. To be honest I have been very impressed with how competitive AMD has been given their budget.

If you really want to see AMD increase performance and catch up with Nvidias market share, buy AMD products and stock. This will give them a bit more money to develop future products. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Do people really want nvidia to be the the only choice we can make in the future? Because all I am seeing in future builds in Intel & Nvidia. (Maybe not intel since last 3 gen of cpu have been really similar)

But seriously, do people really support a monopolization of the market? Do people really want nvidia to be the only choice we have in the future?

Of course I do. I would love to get ripped off and pay 600 dollars for a GTX 960 :)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Yes. I'm going to buy a good product, not something sub par. If that leads to monopolization then there's only one entity to blame; the one that produces a sub par product.

no one really wants that, you can't blame people for AMD not trying. doesnt mean i am going to buy a product that's not worth its competitor. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

no one really wants that, you can't blame people for AMD not trying. doesnt mean i am going to buy a product that's not worth its competitor. 

For example, the 980 Ti is faster than the Fury X at the same price. Which are you going to go with? The choice is obvious with bias aside.

Yes. I'm going to buy a good product, not something sub par. If that leads to monopolization then there's only one entity to blame; the one that produces a sub par product.

I think AMD has done a fine job with their GPU. Reminding that I have been on green team since forever. But AMD have squeezed more performance out of an older architecture which took nvidia at least 2 generations of architecture to reach. the 390 is still a competitive card.

The fury X if you watch hardware chuncks beats the titan X in 4k at more optimised games. TBH I think linus's graphs are a bit dodgy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfCb6oiJ6EI

Nvidia has been hard at work advertising gameworks and not allowing AMD to optimise their games on their hardware. A good example being Project Cars which is integrated with PhysX [and somewhat witcher 3]. What do you guys think about their aggressive marketing? I personally think we need to stop nvidia's monopolization. Also note, I am a nvidia user, loving shadowplay.

You aren't really talking about a monopoly, you're talking about Nvidia's strategy to set their product apart from AMD's and attempt to provide additional value beyond the benchmark figures. A monopoly is whole market dominance by a single supplier, which is not even remotely close to the situation. AMD sponsors game development too, and frequently AMD hardware performs better in those titles than it should. AMD also has it's own proprietary features, some of which are cross-platform and some are not.

I think if Batman Arkham Knight teaches us anything, it's that Nvidia has far less control over these products than the paranoia and conspiracy theories would suggest. That game doesn't even seem to have SLI working at launch. Most people can forget about using the GameWorks features in it.

This is correct, but also wrong.

Keep in mind, AMD is not a renamed ATI. AMD bought ATI. AMD's people have always worked for CPU's, while ATI's people still work for graphic cards, just under another name.

and ATi was bought to develop chipsets for their CPU's. They were not bought for their graphics department. They just merely exist because they're at least successful enough to not be worth shutting down. AMD did not buy them just to do a "hey let's make GPU's too"