Can't think of any logical reason to go Nvidia now.

KarateHottie93

The way the 390x is edging out the 980 and the Fury X is destroying the 980 Ti, why go Nvidia? AMD wouldn't give fake benchmarks so close to launch. It would be worse PR than the 970 vram. Even the air cooled Fury should esge it out going off these results and it's $100 cheaper. GPU memory is a big topic these days and it's became one of the most deciding factors in buying a card, when most used to not even worry about it. Why buy a 970, 980, or Titan now? One is too expensive and the others are at 3.5 and 4 gigs of vram. I'm not hating on Nvidia. In my lifetime I've owned a 7900, two 9800's, a 780 Ti, and a 970 vs an ATI 9250, and a 290x. I just go with what's a better buy for my needs at the time. It really seems like AMD has caught them off guard...not just with Fury, but the "rabrand" sleeper card.

Edit:

Just wanted to say...guys stop thinking I'm an AMD fanboy, I'm not. I've owned way more Intel and Nvidia products. Also my profile pic for a month now is making fun of AMD... I'm simply a fanboy of great performance and great value. It's seems like unless Nvidia does a rebrand themselves, AMD is a better buy for a while.

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

Cuda. PhysX. GameWorks.

Pretty much this.

And future exclusive stuff.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Cuda. PhysX. GameWorks.

The amount of good games that really use PhysX are next to none.

And GimpWorks we all love it :3

I guess if your one of the people that like this stuff then go ahead i wont stop you.

Cuda is neat though.

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Noise, power consumption, features, performance in many games... TBH I'll probably never go AMD, but thats because they will probably go bankrupt before I get a larger case.

GameWorks.

That is the big one for gamers. 

And the other reason - You can't actually buy the Fury yet, and the 390x doesn't totally beat the 980 but it does seem to trade blows and is cheaper. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

One week ago: 

"AMD is dead. R.I.P." 

One week later:

"Can't think of any logical reason to go Nvidia now."

Internet, sometimes I just don't understand you... 

This is called competition. This is how we, the customers and consumers, get better hardware at better prices, and push for better price:performance ratios. The 980Ti, when compared ot the TItan X and 980, is an incredibly good buy. The 970 is virtually unmatched at its price:performance, only being edged out by the 290x when it is on sale. (A $330 970 beats a $380 290x, but you can sometimes get the 290x for as little as $300)

Good on AMD for trying to step up their game. I'll be happy with my 970, and I'll be glad to see if AMD offers a better price:performance ratio.

Cuda, Phsx, and GameWorks are all well and good when your products are still being outclassed and more futureproofed when it comes to the 970 and 980. The way games are demanding so much more vram than before these days, why go with half the memory. I've seen the effects of low vram so many times now with my old cards but my 780 Ti is last gen and already showing massive age.

why go Nvidia?

Fanboyism. The same reason there are so many people out there with GTX 970s in spite of there being a much lower priced R9 290 whose performance is virtually the same. In spite of the 970's VRAM being broken.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

The way the 390x is edging out the 980 and the Fury X is destroying the 980 Ti, why go Nvidia? AMD wouldn't give fake benchmarks so close to launch. It would be worse PR than the 970 vram. Even the air cooled Fury should esge it out going off these results and it's $100 cheaper. GPU memory is a big topic these days and it's became one of the most deciding factors in buying a card, when most used to not even worry about it. Why buy a 970, 980, or Titan now? One is too expensive and the others are at 3.5 and 4 gigs of vram. I'm not hating on Nvidia. In my lifetime I've owned a 7900, two 9800's, a 780 Ti, and a 970 vs an ATI 9250, and a 290x. I just go with what's a better buy for my needs at the time. It really seems like AMD has caught them off guard...not just with Fury, but the "rabrand" sleeper card.

you go with whatever gives the best benchmarks at the time for your budget

doesn't matter about what type

right now..yea the amd cards is probably what to get...at that budget level

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

The amount of good games that really use PhysX are next to none.

And GimpWorks we all love it :3

Well as a developer, I think that GameWorks is fantastic. I just wish more development teams used it in their games.

Settle down fella ;3

Don't forget this.

24 Hours ago.

"AMD Rebrands are garbage its exactly the same."

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

One week ago:

"AMD is dead. R.I.P."

One week later:

"Can't think of any logical reason to go Nvidia now."

Internet, sometimes I just don't understand you...

This is called competition. This is how we, the customers and consumers, get better hardware at better prices, and push for better price:performance ratios. The 980Ti, when compared ot the TItan X and 980, is an incredibly good buy. The 970 is virtually unmatched at its price:performance, only being edged out by the 290x when it is on sale. (A $330 970 beats a $380 290x, but you can sometimes get the 290x for as little as $300)

Good on AMD for trying to step up their game. I'll be happy with my 970, and I'll be glad to see if AMD offers a better price:performance ratio.

Just talking current, not future. Nvidia will beat them again one day, and AMD will beat them again one day. It's just wow...AMD shocked me.

Cuda

PhysX

Gameworks

Hairworks

Grassworks

Shadowplay

GF Experience

Better/easier driver updates

Faster patches (both games AND windows)

More game performance optimizations

Lower temperatures

^leading to less noise

MUCH lower power consumption

More overclocking (unless the fury can do 1500MHz+, which I doubt)

Gsync (for people who already a gsync monitor)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Fanboyism. The same reason there are so many people out there with GTX 970s in spite of there being a much lower priced R9 290 whose performance is virtually the same.

a 970 beats a 290

you'd have to go to a 290x to beat a 970

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

All I can really say is better drivers and more optimized stuff like hairworks PhsX and all the other stuff mentioned on top we haven't seen noise and power so that could be one. If none of those stuff intrest you then AMD is the way to go,

just depends on your use case. I have a 750ti in my rig, simply because it's what came with my rig  :ph34r:

being dead silent under load is nice to

GF Experience

wait, girls will flock because of my graphics card?

a 970 beats a 290

you'd have to go to a 290x to beat a 970

By what, 3 fps? Please...

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

wait, girls will flock because of my graphics card?

no

its just a feature

and for some people (including linus) it works pretty well

it also makes my driver updates extremely easy, I just need to click once and wait 60 seconds and its finished

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Buy the best product in your budget. Be that Nvidia or AMD... In a few more days we will have independent reviews and the dust will settle.

IMO if you love PC gaming don't buy a GPU because of exclusive stuff. It goes against everything which PC gaming represents. We have come this far because of an ecosystem of open competition and industry standards. It's the reason AMD and NVIDIA are still going at it after all these years. It's why the innovation happens here, it's what separates us from consoles.

By what, 3 fps?

Which the 970 will lose over it pretty soon as that 0.5 vram will become a factor. Not a big one vs 4 gigs but as big as 5 fps.

TBH I'll probably never go AMD, but thats because they will probably go bankrupt before I get a larger case.

Yeah thats kinda of why I'm still thinking about nvidia AMD could go bankrupt with those kind of stocks and I'm probably going to get a g-sync monitor

Cuda

PhysX

Gameworks

Hairworks

Grassworks

Shadowplay

GF Experience

Better/easier driver updates

Faster patches

More game performance optimizations

Lower temperatures

^leading to less noise

MUCH lower power consumption

More overclocking (unless the fury can do 1500MHz+, which I doubt)

Gsync (for people who already a gsync monitor)

Well there is freesync. And the newer line is supposed to be lower temps, power consumption, noise, etc. But everything else I agree with.