Can't think of any logical reason to go Nvidia now.

KarateHottie93

So NVIDIA has been top tog and AMD finally decided to pull their finger out? I'm sure NVIDIA is already developing something to smash the Fury X, lets see how long this thread title sticks.

Upcoming thread title:

"AMD 300 series short lived, No reason to buy AMD anymore after NVIDIA announces XXXX range of cards"

[spoiler=REDWING]  REDWING   | Custom Hard Line Water Cooling Loop   |   Intel i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz   |   Asus Maximus VII Ranger   |   Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-2400 2x8GB   |   2 x Gigabyte GTX970 G1 Gaming (SLI)   |   Corsair AX860i   |   Samsung 850 Pro 512GB   |   Corsair Obsidian 750D   |   Corsair K95 RGB & M65 RGB   |   Samsung SyncMaster S27B370

Project Redwing Build Log

[spoiler=ZedNAS] 'ZedNAS' Home NAS Build   |   Intel Xeon E3 1231 v3   |   ASRock Rack E3C224D4I   |   Kingston KVR16E11/8I 2x8GB   |   Corsair HX750   |   6 x HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200RPM HDD   |   Fractal Design Node 304 mITX Black   |   FreeNAS w/ PleX   |   ZFS Raid-Z2 (16TB Effective)   |

By what, 3 fps? Please...

Well it still beats it then. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I just need to click once and wait 60 seconds and its finished

....thats what my girlfriend says to. 

all jokes aside, Nvidia you pay a bit extra for features, and honestly I like it that way. One you pay a bit more for features, or you can save a bit and go for AMD and get raw power but that's about it

I can't think of any logical reason to have made this thread.

Just because you don't see anything worth of value in a certain product doesn't mean there's legitimately no reason to buy said product.

I will always enjoy Nvidia's features, along with less tech issues that I have experienced.

Noise, power consumption, features, performance in many games... TBH I'll probably never go AMD, but thats because they will probably go bankrupt before I get a larger case.

Ah, more speculation and heat argument .. How.... Totally unsurprising.

I'll wait until we get some actual product reviews instead of basing my opinion on what a company says - people almost seem to forget that AMD is a company and their desire is to sell their product to you and make money. Benchmarks released by a company should be considered "up in the air" as it were until a third party confirms or denies the information.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

You called out Nvidia fanboys but it sounds like you are an AMD fanboy

Which the 970 will lose over it pretty soon as that 0.5 vram will become a factor. Not a big one vs 4 gigs but as big as 5 fps.

Do you know how little that .5 GB of VRam issue will pop up? Never for 1080p, and rarely on 1440p.

Which the 970 will lose over it pretty soon as that 0.5 vram will become a factor. Not a big one vs 4 gigs but as big as 5 fps.

https://youtu.be/sou4At6jQiM?t=1m8smeh what people forget is how far this can OC if your not doing OC  then yeah the 970 is worthless

I really...really do not want to start a fanboy war. I love both, I own both!. I own AMD and Intel when it comes to CPU and my 3570K destroys my 8350 in most things I care about. I'm just asking a real question though. Currently, AMD looks like a way better buy. Lower prices and the 390x trading blows with the 980 today is hugh. It will destroy it tomorrow though simply because the vram. Tomorrow may be two years from now for all we know but lots of people buy a high end GPU at least planning to get five years out of it on decent settings. I never imagined my 780 Ti would show age this fast. My 9800's with 512 vrams were good with most thing for seven years. Vram is a huge factor long term these days and it's not a joke anymore. Nvidia is seriously lacking there with everything but the 980 Ti and Titan, compared to the 300 series, Fury, and the 295x2.

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

....thats what my girlfriend says to. 

all jokes aside, Nvidia you pay a bit extra for features, and honestly I like it that way. One you pay a bit more for features, or you can save a bit and go for AMD and get raw power but that's about it

yeah its nice to have options

some people only want performance per dollar, I prefer lower power consumption, temps, and easy updates, plus some of the other features

its not like one is better than the other for everyone

each person will have a difference preference and that is why some people buy AMD and others nvidia

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I can't think of any logical reason to have made this thread.

Just because you don't see anything worth of value in a certain product doesn't mean there's legitimately no reason to buy said product.

I will always enjoy Nvidia's features, along with less tech issues that I have experienced.

Because I wanted opinions on a topic I'm interested in and so far I've had some good answers. Isn't that the objective of a forum?

Well it still beats it then. 

Yep. Soon enough, AAA games will need all the 4gb of RAM to run properly. Inb4 all the people with 970s start complaining about not being able to run the latest games becase of their broken VRAM. And I will laugh, and laugh, and laugh...

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

I'm happy to see AMD succeed and make good, competitive products. I may never buy an AMD card, but I'd hate to Nvidia without any competition.

Do you know how little that .5 GB of VRam issue will pop up? Never for 1080p, and rarely on 1440p.

Never is actually never. It will become a factor one day as everything in tech does.

But I am. Although I'd never buy one of their CPUs. At least not until they can make something moderately fast.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Noise, power consumption, features, performance in many games... TBH I'll probably never go AMD, but thats because they will probably go bankrupt before I get a larger case.

? Fury consumes less than TI, also way quieter. 

Intel 4790 K - R9 295X2 - Gigabyte Z97-SLI - Corsair Vengeance Pro Black 1866 CAL9 - Corsair HX 1000 -Samsung 850 EVO SSD - Samsung HDD - H100I - Corsair C70 - G400 Logitech - Asus VS247H - WASD custom mechanical and QCKPAD! 

Staples of LTT: Getting an 4690 K will resurrect your lost family members, AMD = More heat thus AMD = Satan. 

Cuda

PhysX

Gameworks

Hairworks

Grassworks

Shadowplay

GF Experience

Better/easier driver updates

Faster patches (both games AND windows)

More game performance optimizations

Lower temperatures

^leading to less noise

MUCH lower power consumption

More overclocking (unless the fury can do 1500MHz+, which I doubt)

Gsync (for people who already a gsync monitor)

People like GeForce Experience? It always suggests ridiculous settings for my games that make them run about 45 fps.

Can we wait till actual product reviews are released to judge said product?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Never is actually never. It will become a factor one day as everything in tech does.

By the time it will be a factor everyone will have moved on to newer cards so the 970 vram problem will never be a factor, because 99% of people that owned a 970 used SLI or upgraded the GPU by then

Yep. Soon enough, AAA games will need all the 4gb of RAM to run properly. Inb4 all the people with 970s start complaining about not being able to run the latest games becase of their broken VRAM. And I will laugh, and laugh, and laugh...

Your ignorance to the Vram is insulting.

Nvidia is still in the game, you just need to OC the cards. A 980 is a 390x price and I'm pretty sure a 390x can't get 1500mhz. r9 390 isn't even as good as a 970 unless if you play on 4K but I don't know why you'd do that.

amd-r93-w3-1080.png

And the max I think a furyX can do is 1350 on reference 980 ti are doing 1430mhz so nvidia is still king ass.

As of now a 390x is $500 and 390 is $400 

kind of a ripoff IMO unless your doing 4K 30fps

By the time it will be a factor everyone will have moved on to newer cards so the 970 vram problem will never be a factor, because 99% of people that owned a 970 used SLI or upgraded the GPU by then

Your ignorance to the Vram is insulting.

Yes but it will still happen. My point is that those 5 fps the 970 has over the 290 is very very minimal.

Well most people will be buying a cheaper card... The majority of people will be deciding between something like the 960/380 or the 390/970, where there is a HUGE difference.

Nvidia is still in the game, you just need to OC the cards. A 980 is a 390x price and I'm pretty sure a 390x can't get 1500mhz. r9 390 isn't even as good as a 970 unless if you play on 4K but I don't know why you'd do that.

amd-r93-w3-1080.png

And the max I think a furyX can do is 1350 on reference 980 ti are doing 1430mhz so nvidia is still king ass.

Yeah but the thing is the 390 and 390x have twice the vram. That will be a night and day difference very soon. If Nvidia rebranded 970 and 980 with 6 gigs of vram than everything would even out and I'd see them as a viable option for me personally again.

Just a heads up, GTA 5 uses almost 4GB of VRAM at max settings on 1440p. And GTA 5 isn't that much demanding at all...

aQKuH5t.png