Project CARS devs address AMD performance issues, AMD drivers to blame entirely, PhysX runs on CPU only, no GPU involvement whatsoever.

You said that older games looked like ass in comparison to newer games (whatever this means), and then you say that nowdays more time is spent on visuals now, then it was previously.

What is it suposed to sound like?

It's supposed to sound like more time is being spent on visuals, which means more work has to be put into the game for it to function properly; hence driver updates for performance increases.

It's supposed to sound like more time is being spent on visuals, which means more work has to be put into the game for it to function properly; hence driver updates for performance increases.

Sorry mate, it still sounds the same to me :/

Sorry mate, it still sounds the same to me :/

And that's yours, @zappian's and other's problem. You misinterpret something for what it's not.

And that's yours, @zappian's and other's problem. You misinterpret something for what it's not.

Uh it's not about interpretation, it's about what you are saying lol - you are saying with more resources you have more work then with less resources, because games look better now then they used to.

But please, share some sources to enlight us :)

Uh it's not about interpretation, it's about what you are saying lol - you are saying with more resources you have more work then with less resources, because games look better now then they used to.

But please, share some sources to enlight us :)

Exactly.

But your words were, "The way you say it looks like older games weren't pushing hardware to it's limits, and that doesn't make any sense."

I never said that nor meant to imply it. Yes, they were pushing what they had back then to their limits, but again the stuff they had wasn't as buggy and complicated as the resources that game devs have today, hence updates for games and drivers.

-snip-

Oh I know about this im a student programmer aand I know how both sides feel and have seen it myself.  

Assuming they didnt.

Assuming the devs didnt lie their asses off and shuffled off blame to wherever was more convenient.

Nvidia didnt pay us a penny in any way , huge tide of nvidia posters everywhere and promos inside the game.

Lying sure does çome easy for them .

Maybe they didn't get paid, maybe they got a whole heap of dev time in exchange for the banners.  It is entirely possible that had AMD come to the party they might have had their logos all over the game as well/instead.  You spend too much time looking for things to get shitty about.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Maybe they didn't get paid, maybe they got a whole heap of dev time in exchange for the banners.  It is entirely possible that had AMD come to the party they might have had their logos all over the game as well/instead.  You spend too much time looking for things to get shitty about.

Kids on this site can't understand that Nvidia offering up assistance with development might require promotional advertising, hence Nvidia intros. Big bloody whoop. Stop the presses. 

We are getting mad that Nvidia has the money to spend to send engineers to a developer to help out with game development and ensure that drivers and APIs play nicely with each other as best as possible. Boo fucking hoo that AMD spent all their money on shitty advertising and cringe worthy ads; not Nvidias fault for offering assistance and not SMSs fault for accepting. 

The butthurt is amazing. Would these people be as butthurt if AMD was the one offering assistance and Nvidia was the one suffering performance issues? I don't think so. 

I have a 570, haven't updated the drivers for so long now I don't even remember when I last did anything with them. 

i didn't have internet back 3 years ago, i just played with the driver it came with the DVD, but then again, there were games that just worked without any updates and were under 7 GB and the odd updates were 20 mb of size, i miss those days , i only started downloaded when Black ops 2 did not work at all and had to download a new driver, and then started to update my driver regularly.

Assuming they didnt.

Assuming the devs didnt lie their asses off and shuffled off blame to wherever was more convenient.

Nvidia didnt pay us a penny in any way , huge tide of nvidia posters everywhere and promos inside the game.

Lying sure does çome easy for them .

Say LIE one more time...

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

i didn't have internet back 3 years ago, i just played with the driver it came with the DVD, but then again, there were games that just worked without any updates and were under 7 GB and the odd updates were 20 mb of size, i miss those days , i only started downloaded when Black ops 2 did not work at all and had to download a new driver, and then started to update my driver regularly.

Say LIE one more time...

I'll do it: Lying sure does come easy for devs.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I'll do it: Lying sure does come easy for devs.

I think the issue here is not the devs per se, but that some people are taking any opportunity they can to dismiss the issue at hand and try and make it into an nvidia conspiracy.

Maybe the devs did lie, maybe they are all lazy liars.  Who knows?  What I know is that when a company makes products that require another companies products/services to sell,  they put the effort into making sure things work smoothly.  The best example I can think of are the sales reps you see in bunnings all the time.  They are directly paid by the manufacturer not bunnings.  This isn't because bunnings is lazy but because the manufacturer has a vested interest in bunnings being successful and selling a lot of product. so they get their hands dirty educating staff about product, providing shelf displays and personal on the floor for ordering and issues. 

Game development is no different.  I don't think game devs are lazy, but I do think that games (particularly AAA titles) are getting so involved now that making them work as we customers expect would be nigh on impossible without the resources offered by either AMD or nvidia.  It goes without saying that if one works on the title and the other doesn't then it will work better on that companies cards until the other company sorts out the drivers.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

so that was one issue with one game? that's all ?

see my first post for all the problems.

see my first post for all the problems.

you're gonna have to link it buddy, you cant expect people look for your issues 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

When AMD said that zen would have 40% performance over excavator everyone on the forum doubted that statement  , told us that it was probably an inflated number , a exaggeration or a flat out lie or #ceomath.

Some of the people that replied to that thread are on this one.

But when these devs shuffles the blame to whoever its more convenient after being caught lying already ALMOST EVERYONE takes it as gospel.

The double standards are amazing over here.

My sides.

For all of you US citizens who are as fed up about Nvidia GameWorks as I am (and you should be, regardless of whose GPUs you have) - you can do something about it.

https://www.ftc.gov/faq/competition/report-antitrust-violation

GameWorks is an obvious antitrust case waiting to happen, but it requires someone to actually pull the trigger. So those of you who are US citizens, please do.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Oh I know about this im a student programmer aand I know how both sides feel and have seen it myself.  

Cool, I'm a developer AND a software quality assurance engineer, so if someone realeasis software like this I really have to shake my head and ask - 'How the hell did this pass your QA... do you even have QA?'

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

I doubt any vender can come to help to optimise a gamewrecks DLL or a licensed source code that is under NDA, completely controlled by the competitor and is illegal to share with any other vendor (:

Kids on this site can't understand that Nvidia offering up assistance with development might require promotional advertising, hence Nvidia intros. Big bloody whoop. Stop the presses. 

We are getting mad that Nvidia has the money to spend to send engineers to a developer to help out with game development and ensure that drivers and APIs play nicely with each other as best as possible. Boo fucking hoo that AMD spent all their money on shitty advertising and cringe worthy ads; not Nvidias fault for offering assistance and not SMSs fault for accepting. 

The butthurt is amazing. Would these people be as butthurt if AMD was the one offering assistance and Nvidia was the one suffering performance issues? I don't think so. 

Tomb Raider was AMD title - what do you have to say about that except that TressFX was absolutely gorgeous and nVidia shat their pants when they saw Lara Crofts eyeballs without a skull. Given that it was an Open Source project widely aviable for months and worked just fine on Intels HD graphics

SMS sending 20 product keys helps in no way when nVidia chooses to change how GameWorks is working in the final build before shipping the game.

Just look at the Battman's Cape - that's horse shit and everyone knows it:

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/173511-nvidias-gameworks-program-usurps-power-from-developers-end-users-and-amd/2

you're gonna have to link it buddy, you cant expect people look for your issues 

You can't prove the issues don't exist

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M

I doubt any vender can come to help to optimise a gamewrecks DLL or a licensed source code that is under NDA, completely controlled by the competitor and is illegal to share with any other vendor (:

They don't need access to the source code of gameworks in order to help optimize it and their drivers. There's a link I posted somewhere in here with an extensive Q&A with AMD, Nvidia and a game dev regarding gameworks and what it means for games and hardware optimization. 

They don't need access to the source code of gameworks in order to help optimize it and their drivers. There's a link I posted somewhere in here with an extensive Q&A with AMD, Nvidia and a game dev regarding gameworks and what it means for games and hardware optimization. 

There's a link I posted where [AMD gaming scientist]* talks about gameworks in an interveiw with pcper

*might sound biased, but he's a cool guy that has worked for nvidia, amd and intel over the last 20 years

and it's as biased as SMS and nVidia saying they did not cripple AMD performance

When AMD said that zen would have 40% performance over excavator everyone on the forum doubted that statement , told us that it was probably an inflated number , a exaggeration or a flat out lie or #ceomath.

Some of the people that replied to that thread are on this one.

But when these devs shuffles the blame to whoever its more convenient after being caught lying already ALMOST EVERYONE takes it as gospel.

The double standards are amazing over here.

My sides.

What's even more funny here is you do the same shit for the benchmarks you find that somehow proves that Gameworks is to blame for AMD performing badly.

Also, how is it wrong to just say "I'll believe it when I see it" when AMD makes a bold claim like that? I even said that very phrase when I saw what Jen-Hsun Huang said about Pascal: I'll believe it when I see it. There's nothing wrong with that.

What's wrong is the shit you keep saying. Your claims have no merit whatsoever.

Edit: also, get rekt.

What's even more funny here is you do the same shit for the benchmarks you find that somehow proves that Gameworks is to blame for AMD performing badly.

Also, is it not wrong to just say "I'll believe it when I see it" when AMD makes a bold claim like that? I even said that very phrase when I saw what Jen-Hsun Huang said about Pascal: I'll believe it when I see it. There's nothing wrong with that.

Crysis, Crysis 2, Crysis 3 are AMD Gaming Evolved titles

Crysis, Crysis 2, Crysis 3 are AMD Gaming Evolved titles

?

There's a link I posted where [AMD gaming scientist]* talks about gameworks in an interveiw with pcper

*might sound biased, but he's a cool guy that has worked for nvidia, amd and intel over the last 20 years

and it's as biased as SMS and nVidia saying they did not cripple AMD performance

What's your point,  Richard huddy is a marketing man for AMD, that was his sole role when he was out and about.  All he did was rubbish the competition. 

Also I wouldn't call extreme tech biased when they are giving both AMD and Nvidia a voice in the article.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/183411-gameworks-faq-amd-nvidia-and-game-developers-weigh-in-on-the-gameworks-controversy

WATCH THIS before the fight continues, and give it a thought.

Is this not the same as batman's cloak?

https://youtu.be/DUnx6SDwWHM?t=26m30s

and a tiny sorry for reposting it, but I had a feeling some people did not notice it...

So straight from the horse's mouth that Gameworks is a huge problem for AMD.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

So straight from the horse's mouth that Gameworks is a huge problem for AMD.

Also, how is it wrong to just say "I'll believe it when I see it" when AMD makes a bold claim like that? I even said that very phrase when I saw what Jen-Hsun Huang said about Pascal: I'll believe it when I see it. There's nothing wrong with that.

AMD has confirmed it themselves that the black box API used in gameworks games makes it a pain for them to optimize things.
A lot of people deny thats the case , then again a lot of people argue that the holocaust never happened and deny that too , a lot of people
claim that the earth is flat and that doesnt make it so.
AMD chief engineers surely have more credit to this than a random nvidia fan on the internet chiming in with his limited knowledge of things .
This is NOT a limited occurrence and nvidia cards DO perform much better than AMD ones that much we know at least and I have proved.