Project CARS devs address AMD performance issues, AMD drivers to blame entirely, PhysX runs on CPU only, no GPU involvement whatsoever.

The gpu arquiteçtures are different and they are using a different API like the post above this one stated.

Its not an apples to apples comparison by  any means.

And like the poster above said the gtx 960 beats a 290x . Even in GTA V where amd drivers for that game are çrap you dont see this gap between gpus.

There are so shenanigans going with the developer and nvidia no doubt.

ya i saw that earlier, i think they messed up their charts, no way a 960 beats 780 and 780ti, have a look at their rest of the chart it's normal as usual 780's and ti's are above 960 as it should be, don't take those benchmarks of the 1st image as a gospel  

GTA 5 - both companies released the drivers at the same rime, AMD were't as on par as nvidia so it ran better on nvidia. there is thing called fragmented belief, you only know what you wanted to know to argue it's all nvidias fault that GTA 5 runs better on Nvidia and not on AMD, so you created a story around it saying because nvidia somehow managed to mess AMD to make games slower on their cards? i mean come on, somewhere in there even you gotta believe its BS you are speaking 

1247526562081178029.png

1247526562149513901.png

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

ya i saw that earlier, i think they messed up their charts, no way a 960 beats 780 and 780ti, have a look at their rest of the chart it's normal as usual 780's and ti's are above 960 as it should be, don't take those benchmarks of the 1st image as a gospel  

GTA 5 - both companies released the drivers at the same rime, AMD were't as on par as nvidia so it ran better on nvidia. there is thing called fragmented belief, you only know what you wanted to know to argue it's all nvidias fault that GTA 5 runs better on Nvidia and not on AMD so you created a story around it saying because nvidia somehow managed to mess AMD to make games slower on their cards? i mean come on, somewhere in there even you gotta believe its BS you are speaking 

AMDs gta V drivers were really subpar compared to nvidia.

Oh they messed up the graphs? Denial much?

Here are graphs from another publication.

500x1000px-LL-0967337d_pcars_0c_1920.png

pcars_c_1920h.png

The denial is really strong isnt it ? 

gtx 660 ti beating a 290x.

OH THEY BOTH MESSED UP THE GRAPHS.

What coincidence.

The denial is really strong isnt it ? 

gtx 660 ti beating a 290x.

OH THEY BOTH MESSED UP THE GRAPHS.

What coincidence.

heh, you're funny, anyway,

thanks for proving me that kotaku's benchmark was wrong, a 960 is never on par with a 780 and 780ti, your argument thus fall short, as far why it ran terrible on AMD? read what the devs had to say in the OP's source. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

heh, you're funny, anyway,

thanks for proving me that kotaku's benchmark was wrong, a 960 is never on par with a 780 and 780ti, your argument thus fall short, as far why it ran terrible on AMD? read what the devs had to say in the OP's source. 

Not the point.

The game runs grossly better on nvidia cards . The 660 ti beats a 290x which is not so in normal circunstances.

You are putting words in my mouth.

The point if the devs lied about the nvidia sponsorship and we dont know what else they lied about and the extent of their lies.

So I would take their statement that its an AMD driver issue with a big truck load of salt.

Thats all i said.

So do you have a copy of the sponsorship contract between Nvidia and the Project Cars studio?

Not the point.

The game runs grossly better on nvidia cards . The 660 ti beats a 290x which is not so in normal circunstances.

that was my point, don't take the kotaku's benchmark as gospel and a 960 is never on par with 780 and ti's as for the rest of the quarry see OP's source.

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

that was my point, don't take the kotaku's benchmark as gospel and a 960 is never on par with 780 and ti's as for the rest of the quarry see OP's source.

I didnt thats why I shared another benchmark of another source that confirms the same principle.

That was my due diligence.

I didnt thats why I shared another benchmark of another source that confirms the same principle.

That was my due diligence.

And like the poster above said the gtx 960 beats a 290x .

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

I highly doubt that they crippled AMD performance on purpose it's getting ridiculous at this point it wouldn't be the first time AMD having performance issues due to drivers GTA V as a recent example.

And people even blaming PhysX for it when it's only using CPU PhysX which is completely open and has an SDK.

BS. Everyone who played Metro:LL knows PhysX for CPU is absolute shit and ruins your frame rate. There isn't a CPU in the world that can run Physx well. And why is that? Is it because all CPUs are shit and are getting hammered by Physx? No, it's because it's a shitty SDK and nvidia only wants it to run well on their hardware since they made it. Makes logical sense from a business perspective.

Not the point.

TLDR: nvidia "helped" design CARS and in the process made it so AMD cards run like shit, people see tests with the AMD cards running like shit, so they buy nvidia GPUs. This is simple economic tactics by nvidia to increase sales. They'll continue to do this until the unfortunate day when AMD nearly runs out of business and they'll give them money to avoid monopoly fines by the government. (Does anyone remember how Microsoft did this and saved apple back in the day to avoid the very same monopoly lawsuit?) 

And for all you people saying the drivers are shit, you're right they are because all of the games are coded horribly! (Look up Linus' thoughts on why Intel could never catch up to AMD or Nvidia in the driver department) Also, look up the countless articles by AMD and nvidia employees describing how developers are making shitty games and then driver teams (nvidia and AMD) have to try and fix it so they run. Does anyone still remember the latest Assassins Creed game where Ubisoft forgot about how many draw calls DX 11 can handle?  Nvidia "helped" in CARS and got the developers to pull their heads out of their asses when it came to coding so the game ran on nvidia cards. And as a result, they got a leg up on launch day. welcome to life nerds.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

The gpu arquiteçtures are different and they are using a different API like the post above this one stated.

Its not an apples to apples comparison by  any means.

And like the poster above said the gtx 960 beats a 290x . Even in GTA V where amd drivers for that game are çrap you dont see this gap between gpus.

There are so shenanigans going with the developer and nvidia no doubt.

[snip]

Either the numbers are off in that graph or the bars are. The 970 and 980 got the same FPS, but the bars are different lengths? One of these things shouldn't be true.

Sigh not my point . Until you can explain the criminal gap in performance between gpus from diferent vendors without sayign "the graphs are broken" since I provided graphs from two publications in different parts of the world even dont bother.

I highly doubt that they crippled AMD performance on purpose it's getting ridiculous at this point it wouldn't be the first time AMD having performance issues due to drivers GTA V as a recent example.

And people even blaming PhysX for it when it's only using CPU PhysX which is completely open and has an SDK.

GTA V had crap AMD drivers and the gap between amd and nvidia wanst as criminal as what we ghave seen on the graphs I have linked.

Some responsiblity lies on AMD but some responsibility lies on the game dev as well that partnered with nvidia and clearly gave no thought to AMD.

To think the fault lies interely on amd and its drivers is naive.

Either the numbers are off in that graph or the bars are. The 970 and 980 got the same FPS, but the bars are different lengths? One of these things shouldn't be true.

VxkIBT3.png

I posted another graphcs from pc lab as well since people were having an issue with those . You can consult those as well .

BS. Everyone who played Metro:LL knows PhysX for CPU is absolute shit and ruins your frame rate. There isn't a CPU in the world that can run Physx well. And why is that? Is it because all CPUs are shit and are getting hammered by Physx? No, it's because it's a shitty SDK and nvidia only wants it to run well on their hardware since they made it. Makes logical sense from a business perspective.

TLDR: nvidia "helped" design CARS and in the process made it so AMD cards run like shit, people see tests with the AMD cards running like shit, so they buy nvidia GPUs. This is simple economic tactics by nvidia to increase sales. They'll continue to do this until the unfortunate day when AMD nearly runs out of business and they'll give them money to avoid monopoly fines by the government. (Does anyone remember how Microsoft did this and saved apple back in the day to avoid the very same monopoly lawsuit?) 

And for all you people saying the drivers are shit, you're right they are because all of the games are coded horribly! (Look up Linus' thoughts on why Intel could never catch up to AMD or Nvidia in the driver department) Also, look up the countless articles by AMD and nvidia employees describing how developers are making shitty games and then driver teams (nvidia and AMD) have to try and fix it so they run. Does anyone still remember the latest Assassins Creed game where Ubisoft forgot about how many draw calls DX 11 can handle?  Nvidia "helped" in CARS and got the developers to pull their heads out of their asses when it came to coding so the game ran on nvidia cards. And as a result, they got a leg up on launch day. welcome to life nerds.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_faq.html

PhysX is hardware accelerated, not software accelerated. Read the FAQ and actually learn something. PhysX adds to the base game physics giving the game more eye candy than you would normally see.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Sigh not my point . Until you can explain the criminal gap in performance between gpus from diferent vendors without sayign "the graphs are broken" since I provided graphs from two publications in different parts of the world even dont bother.

GTA V had crap AMD drivers and the gap between amd and nvidia wanst as criminal as what we ghave seen on the graphs I have linked.

Some responsiblity lies on AMD but some responsibility lies on the game dev as well that partnered with nvidia and clearly gave no thought to AMD.

People do seem to forget that devs release poorly coded shit that can't run on any graphics card properly without the graphics card vendor releasing a driver that fixes the problems the game dev created. All in all Nvidia is doing a better job of cleaning up the 'mess' than AMD. Though that can change.

PMSL

READ BEFORE ALL THE FIGHTING CONTINUES

The only reason why nvidia sent their team over for project cars is to help out make a better experience on nvidia gpu's, unfortunately amd doesn't have the time or resources to do so....

It's just shitty developers not wanting to program how the game is supposed to run...

Look at gta v both amd and nvidia have had great releases since they sent people to help out and make the game run the best as possible.  So is this the way the entire gaming industry is going? The hardware makers have send their people to make a game run great?  I thought it was the game devs that had to do this.  Devs are just being to fucking lazy and not programming shit.  They can't even make the damn work right in the consoles which is an older x86 architecture how the fuck will it work on pc.....

Maybe they should stop advertising how good it looks and make it run and put their money where their mouth is.....

hehe. that made my day. 

yes yes responsible lies, yes.

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

The only reason why nvidia sent their team over for project cars is to help out make a better experience on nvidia gpu's, unfortunately amd doesn't have the time or resources to do so....

It's just shitty developers not wanting to program how the game is supposed to run...

Look at gta v both amd and nvidia have had great releases since they sent people to help out and make the game run the best as possible.  So is this the way the entire gaming industry is going? The hardware makers have send their people to make a game run great?  I thought it was the game devs that had to do this.  Devs are just being to fucking lazy and not programming shit.  They can't even make the damn work right in the consoles which is an older x86 architecture how the fuck will it work on pc.....

Maybe they should stop advertising how good it looks and make it run and put their money where their mouth is.....

It's been that way for the longest time, though.

It's been that way for the longest time, though.

Which pisses me and others off to no end.

PMSL

Which pisses me and others off to no end.

Yeah but some people (not saying you and the other user are) think this is a new thing. I don't know why it's that way, but it does suck

Yeah but some people (not saying you and the other user are) think this is a new thing. I don't know why it's that way, but it does suck

I never buy games where this happens.

I dont really support NVIDIA´s sand throwing .

Every single ubisoft game is gameworks / TWIMTB , thats why I dont touch any of those with a ten foot pole.

And other reasons.

I never buy games where this happens.

I dont really support NVIDIA´s sand throwing .

Every single ubisoft game is gameworks / TWIMTB , thats why I dont touch any of those with a ten foot pole.

And other reasons.

sigh

Nvidia isn't sand-throwing. The PC devs aren't blaming AMD. Are we going to go full circle again with how you interpret what someone says?

http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_faq.html

PhysX is hardware accelerated, not software accelerated. Read the FAQ and actually learn something. PhysX adds to the base game physics giving the game more eye candy than you would normally see.

You didn't read what I said. The API PhysX uses to run on CPUs is piss poor. And yes we all know what PhysX does.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

You didn't read what I said. The API PhysX uses to run on CPUs is piss poor. And yes we all know what PhysX does.

It seems piss poor because GPU's are a shitload more powerful than CPU's. Name 1 consumer grade CPU that is over 1 teraflop. Just 1.

PMSL

It seems piss poor because GPU's are a shitload more powerful than CPU's. Name 1 consumer grade CPU that is over 1 teraflop. Just 1.

Fact: PhysX does not fully load my 4770k in Metro LL. That may be true but, PhysX doesn't even max out the CPU.