Project CARS devs address AMD performance issues, AMD drivers to blame entirely, PhysX runs on CPU only, no GPU involvement whatsoever.

You didn't read what I said. The API PhysX uses to run on CPUs is piss poor. And yes we all know what PhysX does.

It's piss poor because physics rely on heavy floating point number calculation which relies on fast FPU performance for crunching. Floating point numbers are executed slower on the CPU than integers. Meanwhile GPUs are floating point crunching monsters (what they were designed to do). You couldn't really get PhysX to run any better on a CPU without coming out with some super architecture that's 20x faster than Haswell right now. That or spread the workload out across several cores which still would be massively slower than doing it on the GPU. This is why heterogeneous computing is a thing.

Fact: PhysX does not fully load my 4770k in Metro LL. That may be true but, PhysX doesn't even max out the CPU. 

It still doesn't change the fact that CPU's are significantly weaker and not designed to run PhysX in the first place.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

sigh

Nvidia isn't sand-throwing. The PC devs aren't blaming AMD. Are we going to go full circle again with how you interpret what someone says?

developer is blaming AMD's drivers for the performance issues

Sigh.

Its in the title.

developer is blaming AMD's drivers for the performance issues

Sigh.

Its in the title.

Yeah, they're saying the drivers aren't appropriate for the game. They didn't say what you're implying: "Hurr durr ayy eem dee's fault 4 nat wurkin wit us hurr durr"

Weren't you part of the crowd who took what Ubisoft said, "We're working with AMD to resolve the issues [with AC:U]" as them saying that they blame AMD?

Yeah. That's dumb. That's why I asked if English was your first language.

Weren't you part of the crowd who took what Ubisoft said, "We're working with AMD to resolve the issues [with AC:U]" as them saying that they blame AMD?

Some responsiblity lies on AMD but some responsibility lies on the game dev as well that partnered with nvidia and clearly gave no thought to AMD.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

that was old gen people, Ps4 and Xbox one are basically PC's using X86 arc. don't come back quoting me saying no there are not basically PC's but you get the point 

I know it's the same architecture, but APIs are diffrent, DX11 and DX12 will most likely be very diffrent to code for, and they are the exact same hardware. DX12 might be a lot closer to consoles, because it is also low level.

Anybody remember the good old days when a game would come out, and you didn't need to update your gpu drivers to play the game? Those were the days when game development actually worked hard to release a fantastic gaming experience. I remember, but then again, I'm old now.

PC: CPU - FX 8350 @4.5 Ghz | GPU - 3x R9 290 @1100 core/1300 memory | Motherboard - Asus Crosshair V Formula Z | RAM - 16 GB Mushkin Redline 1866 Mhz | PSU - Corsair AX 860w | SSD - ADATA SX900 256 GB | HDD - Seagate 3TB 7200RPM | CPU Cooler - Noctua NH D-14 | Case - Cooler Master HAF Stacker 935

Peripherals: Monitor - ASUS VN248H-P IPS | Keyboard - Corsair K70 | Mouse - Corsair M65 | Headphones - ASUS ROG Orion Pro

READ BEFORE ALL THE FIGHTING CONTINUES

The only reason why nvidia sent their team over for project cars is to help out make a better experience on nvidia gpu's, unfortunately amd doesn't have the time or resources to do so....

It's just shitty developers not wanting to program how the game is supposed to run...

Look at gta v both amd and nvidia have had great releases since they sent people to help out and make the game run the best as possible.  So is this the way the entire gaming industry is going? The hardware makers have send their people to make a game run great?  I thought it was the game devs that had to do this.  Devs are just being to fucking lazy and not programming shit.  They can't even make the damn work right in the consoles which is an older x86 architecture how the fuck will it work on pc.....

Maybe they should stop advertising how good it looks and make it run and put their money where their mouth is.....

I agree except with the dev's being lazy part,   It is very hard to optimize a game for two different  GPU's without assistance from the manufacturers (if you look at any specialized product in any industry you'll see the same assistance being required/provided). 

I said it right back at the start of this thread, When AMD get involved, games work awesome on their hardware, when they don't it takes a couple of driver updates to sort out the issues.   This is irrespective of whether it is an nvidia title,  what game engine or API they use or who the dev is.

It is in fact the only common denominator in the whole discussion.   If you believe some people in this thread the game on any AMD GPU should just be a chunked 8 bit image.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Anybody remember the good old days when a game would come out, and you didn't need to update your gpu drivers to play the game? Those were the days when game development actually worked hard to release a fantastic gaming experience. I remember, but then again, I'm old now.

Oh... I remember,

I remember when I had no internet connection for driver updates, so the only driver I had was the one in retail box that was already 3 years old and I played all the games for another 3 years without any driver upgrade

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

READ BEFORE ALL THE FIGHTING CONTINUES

The only reason why nvidia sent their team over for project cars is to help out make a better experience on nvidia gpu's, unfortunately amd doesn't have the time or resources to do so....

It's just shitty developers not wanting to program how the game is supposed to run...

Look at gta v both amd and nvidia have had great releases since they sent people to help out and make the game run the best as possible.  So is this the way the entire gaming industry is going? The hardware makers have send their people to make a game run great?  I thought it was the game devs that had to do this.  Devs are just being to fucking lazy and not programming shit.  They can't even make the damn work right in the consoles which is an older x86 architecture how the fuck will it work on pc.....

Maybe they should stop advertising how good it looks and make it run and put their money where their mouth is.....

WATCH THIS before the fight continues, and give it a thought.

Is this not the same as batman's cloak?

https://youtu.be/DUnx6SDwWHM?t=26m30s

and a tiny sorry for reposting it, but I had a feeling some people did not notice it...

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

I remember that, but I also remember spending hours fucking around with ini files to get the game to work with my hardware.   We just moved from limited hardware support to universal API's to bloated API's to complex hardware compatibility.  As shit gets better it also gets more intricate which brings more points of failure and requires more work to prepare.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Yeah, but I also remember those games looking like ass in comparison to newer games. More time is being spent on visuals today than they were back then, which is a reason for delays and driver updates.

Yeah, but I also remember those games looking like ass in comparison to newer games. More time is being spent on visuals today than they were back then, which is a reason for delays and driver updates.

The way you say it looks like older games weren't pushing hardware to it's limits, and that doesn't make any sense. Gaming is were it is today due to developers pushing the boundries of hardware/software.

Still running my GTX 650 Ti OC 2Gb off the drivers supplied with it. All games run as well as expected at 1080p with 60FPS at medium settings, maxing out as usual when things get dropped to around 720p.

PMSL

Still running my GTX 650 Ti OC 2Gb off the drivers supplied with it. All games run as well as expected at 1080p with 60FPS at medium settings, maxing out as usual when things get dropped to around 720p.

I have a 570, haven't updated the drivers for so long now I don't even remember when I last did anything with them. 

The way you say it looks like older games weren't pushing hardware to it's limits, and that doesn't make any sense. Gaming is were it is today due to developers pushing the boundries of hardware/software.

It's, not whether they were pushing the limits of the hardware or not, it's how complex doing it has become, where certain features require different optimizations, + having to deal with whatever API they choose to use.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

The way you say it makes it sound like you're putting words in my mouth.

I have a 570, haven't updated the drivers for so long now I don't even remember when I last did anything with them. 

I'm of the opinion 'if the game does not work correctly out of the box and requires any sort of update to run (unless its legitimate such as DirectX and the .net framework), then its broken and I'm entitled to a refund'. So far I've been proven correct in that regard a few times-I got a full refund.

PMSL

It's, not whether they were pushing the limits of the hardware or not, it's how complex doing it has become, where certain features require different optimizations, + having to deal with whatever API they choose to use.

It's about making games with the available resources, it's just as simple as that.

Nowdays you have more know-how, you have properly mature tools, librarys, APIs.. jesus I wont even start on game development budgets.

If you want an analogy look at the movie industry and the early days of CGI and nowdays

The way you say it makes it sound like you're putting words in my mouth.

You said that older games looked like ass in comparison to newer games (whatever this means), and then you say that nowdays more time is spent on visuals now, then it was previously.

What is it suposed to sound like?

It's about making games with the available resources, it's just as simple as that.

Nowdays you have more know-how, you have properly mature tools, librarys, APIs.. jesus I wont even start on game development budgets.

If you want an analogy look at the movie industry and the early days of CGI and nowdays

And part of the available resources is having GPU vendors help out.

Considering how much 'help' GPU vendors need to give, devs are really abusing their resources.

PMSL

Considering how much 'help' GPU vendors need to give, devs are really abusing their resources.

Not really abusing if they are readily available.

Assuming they didnt.

Assuming the devs didnt lie their asses off and shuffled off blame to wherever was more convenient.

Nvidia didnt pay us a penny in any way , huge tide of nvidia posters everywhere and promos inside the game.

Lying sure does çome easy for them .

Not really abusing if they are readily available.

The only reason they are available as the games running like shit reflects badly on Nvidia and AMD as it can be easily misconstrued that they are at fault when in fact its the devs.

PMSL

Oh please share with us a source that states that previously GPU vendors didn't help out!

One thing is to help out, other thing is to release a unfinished product and let 3rd partys finish it - wich is, pardon my french, fucking ridiculous.