Skyrim modders were not happy with the paid mods + petition against it

Valve, all I have to say is:

e168ad32c2650e03313b6c0e1eb56718d8615c51

best meme usage ever lol

Computer's don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose.

-snip

Sneak peak at the next shitty Summer Sale that all the fanboys jerk themselves over. 

Can't believe people are STILL defending Valve over this. Gabe must have really rammed it home deep that you need to follow his moves blindly. 

I haven't really seen anyone defending this crap, although I haven't really been looking for them either. The thought that anyone is supporting this is disgusting.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

evktSb8.jpg

Oh yea, the backend that a lot of mods need, SkyUI, is going paid as well. Have fun kids, reap what you sow. Now you're absolutely fucking over people because they NEED newer SkyUI releases for certain mods. Especially poorer people who have enjoyed the longevity of the Skyrim series. Congrats, you're effectively saying "fuck you" to what used to be PCs golden child just to make a quick buck. 

No word is SKSE will put their feet down and yank support, even though they should just to send a message to Valve and co. 

Come to the Console Master Race, we don't nickel and dime you for mods (we don't have any anyways)

PC Mustard Race led by the blob called GabeN rules supreme. He probably wanted to buy more Mustard but was running low on funds, hence these changes. 

-snip-

Even SkyUI :(

Now lets hope we don't lose SKSE ..

Man, if those 2 become paid, I'll leave Skyrim modding for what it is. I would be done with it.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I was just contacted by Valve's lawyer. He stated that they will not remove the content unless "legally compelled to do so", and that they will make the file visible only to currently paid users. I am beside myself with anger right now as they try to tell me what I can do with my own content. The copyright situation with Art of the Catch is shades of grey, but in Arissa 2.0's case, it's black and white; that's 100% mine and Griefmyst's work, and I should be able to dictate its distribution if I so choose. Unbelievable.

Praise GabeN, am I right? Disgusting fucking behaviour by them. 

How is this a bad thing? Id rather pay for better mods that are officially supported,than for poor quality ones that cause too many crashes.

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

How is this a bad thing? Id rather pay for better mods that are officially supported,than for poor quality ones that cause too many crashes.

i hope you have seen just regular swords that you have to pay for?

Computer's don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose.

Officially supported mods are DLC's or expansions.

Mods are made by and for the community. That should not be a monetized thing (I am okay with mod creators accepting donations though).

And by the way, there will probably be some more crashes though because as is, Skyrim modding with the workshop is terrible compared to any mod manager ;)

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

What is wrong with paid for mods? Gmod has been paid for for a long time. if a mod creator spends a long time working on it they have a right to get compensation for their work.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Looks like elysees ain't too happy

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Officially supported mods are DLC's or expansions.

Mods are made by and for the community. That should not be a monetized thing (I am okay with mod creators accepting donations though).

And by the way, there will probably be some more crashes though because as is, Skyrim modding with the workshop is terrible compared to any mod manager ;)

I don't really care, I boycotted steam ages ago :)

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

I don't really care, I boycotted steam ages ago :)

What for?

And Steam is pretty much a hub for me. I barely use its features. I run Skyrim through Mod Organizer and have my mods there too.

Don't play any Valve games (like CS:GO or whatever) so I am not dependent on it

Being greedy fucks trying to make money off of community work for a 4 year old game that doesn't belong to them. Even if this was acceptible the mod creator only gets a 25% cut and only after selling $400 worth. If they sell $399 then valve and bethesda keep it all. 

I agree completely with you, but I've only read that the sales need to reach $100, not $400. It's still a high amount, but not that high.

evktSb8.jpg

Oh yea, the backend that a lot of mods need, SkyUI, is going paid as well. Have fun kids, reap what you sow. Now you're absolutely fucking over people because they NEED newer SkyUI releases for certain mods. Especially poorer people who have enjoyed the longevity of the Skyrim series. Congrats, you're effectively saying "fuck you" to what used to be PCs golden child just to make a quick buck. 

No word is SKSE will put their feet down and yank support, even though they should just to send a message to Valve and co. 

Come to the Console Master Race, we don't nickel and dime you for mods (we don't have any anyways)

PC Mustard Race led by the blob called GabeN rules supreme. He probably wanted to buy more Mustard but was running low on funds, hence these changes. 

Holy fuck. SkyUI

Fuck fuckj frfuck fuckf cu,mfcjujfnklfgvxcdjh fvhnoiepQW K]G[bN[qerwuo crjikfepow[

ads rbhjksvmc,d'al#C\ R.,M/ F;BDSVZKXJ

iNCOHERENT FUCKING RAGE

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

im not against the idea of paid mods but i am against this horrible implementation. the terms and conditions for the requirments of paid mods need to be set and decided upon so that it is fair for all parties involved. eg what sort of support and compatibilty does a paid mod have to have. etc

ES0 was made by an entirely different team than the ones who make the single player games. It was made by ZOS. Elder scrolls games have followed a 5 year release cycle since daggerfall. The schedule lines up with it being released later this year or early next year. 

TES 5 was 11.11.11, so no not this year.

Looks like I could upload a shit re-texture I made and get money for it... 

EDIT: Wow look like many of the paid mods have been withdrawn...

it is possible to get a refund within 24 hours so probably not except if the person is either too lazy to ask for a refund or just too dumb to do it

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

YOU COULD HAVE JUST ADDED A FUCKING TIP JAR! 

it's not about paying the modder. It's about steam wanting more money....

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

What for?

And Steam is pretty much a hub for me. I barely use its features. I run Skyrim through Mod Organizer and have my mods there too.

Don't play any Valve games (like CS:GO or whatever) so I am not dependent on it

Not giving valve any money. Buy directly from publisher.

So this is pretty much valve stabbing the mod community in an attempt to get money. Steam is seriously going downhill.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

TES 5 was 11.11.11, so no not this year.

Yeah. I said that because a lot of rumors say March 2016 and I'm expecting a late 2015 announcement. 

-snip-

Well that seals the deal. Not interested in Skyrim modding anymore. Hopefully Fallout 4 doesn't get workshop support and I thought I'd never have to say such a thing  :(

Well that seals the deal. Not interested in Skyrim modding anymore. Hopefully Fallout 4 doesn't get workshop support and I thought I'd never have to say such a thing  :(

Fallout 4 is the reason I'm going as mad as I can.

If this goes through without massive resistance for a sustained period of time, then Fallout 4 modding will not be open and free.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO