Witcher 3 PC video is used to promote the xbox one version

zappian

http://news.softpedia.com/news/The-Witcher-3-Gets-Precious-Cargo-60fps-Video-That-Promotes-Xbox-One-479111.shtml

CD Projekt Red and Microsoft have just revealed a brand new gameplay video for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, this time presenting one of the early quests presented to players called Precious Cargo, all running at a 60fps framerate on a PC. At the same time, it also promotes the Xbox One, a console that runs the game at just 30fps.

This is nothing new really, Microsoft used the same thing in E3 with dead rising.

Deceitful marketing at its best.

uqCNrZY.jpg

The video just shows that they use PC as XBOX emulators AFAIK, maybe its easier to use PC than those Dev Xboxes, but thats just my opinion

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Blue text on Night theme, 10/10

But usually they just run it on PC's because it's easier :P

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

And runs better ( no dips like there was on BF4 or others )

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

Lol thats not an excuse.

They say they are running the demos on a xbox and when you find out its a pc .

Thats called lying.

uqCNrZY.jpg

When are they going to get it through their big head ? That their next-gen consoles are not next-gen.......

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Oh so their emulator box broke? Or their consoles are too weak to handle the game properly?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Big deal? 

Console games are dev'd off PCs. They are showcased off PCs. Its happened long before the PCMR interest group propped up, it'll happen long after the PCMR types grow up. Its far, far easier to develop off and showcase builds using your dev box than it is to port things over to a console just for demos. 

As far as W3...maybe it was a mistake. Maybe no one cared to double check. Maybe someone got the wrong file and lets be honest, knowing marketing the way I do, nobody double checks this kind of stuff anyways. Stop trying to make a mountain out of a pimple. 

Also, tech news? Lol. The standards are going to shitposts these days. 

The video just shows that they use PC as XBOX emulators AFAIK, maybe its easier to use PC than those Dev Xboxes, but thats just my opinion

Not opinion, its a fact. Rarely do they actually port over the game to the consoles just to show it off. The whole "OMG THEY USED PCs at E3" is hilarious. Of course they did. They develop on those very PCs too. Cause its easier than compiling brand new builds for each show or event or demo. 

But lets not let facts get in the way of shitposting...

Slow news day?

Whatever /r/PCMR posts has to be popular, right? So it gets posted here. #logic? 

Slow news day?

CPU:i7 5930k @4.5 Mobo:x99 Deluxe RAM:32gb Corsair @2800 GPU: SLI EVGA Titan X Case: Corsair 900D Storage: 6x 4TB Seagate SSHD(raid5), 2x500gb Samsung 850 Evo Raid0 PSU: Corsair ax1500i Audio: Asus Essence STX

Big deal? 

Console games are dev'd off PCs. They are showcased off PCs. Its happened long before the PCMR interest group propped up, it'll happen long after the PCMR types grow up. Its far, far easier to develop off and showcase builds using your dev box than it is to port things over to a console just for demos. 

As far as W3...maybe it was a mistake. Maybe no one cared to double check. Maybe someone got the wrong file and lets be honest, knowing marketing the way I do, nobody double checks this kind of stuff anyways. Stop trying to make a mountain out of a pimple. 

Also, tech news? Lol. The standards are going to shitposts these days. 

Its false advertising .

Someone got the wrong file lol , do you really think i believe that since they did the same thing on E3.

We will let the mods decide what is or not tech news , its not your place to do it.

Its easy to call other posts "shitpost" while you spam news posts like mad but lets not even go there.

The funny thing is how little faith in Windows 8 Microsoft has, goes to show that saying fuck them and staying with Windows 7 was a good choice.

PMSL

Its false advertising .

Someone got the wrong file lol , do you really think i believe that since they did the same thing on E3.

We will let the mods decide what is or not tech news , its not your place to do it.

Its easy to call other posts "shitpost" while you spam news posts like mad but lets not even go there.

You're really gonna go there? My news posts are spam? LOL. 

You haven't learned a thing from before, you keep pushing the boundaries and keep baiting people. Keep up the good work. 

-

Can someone pleeease explain to me how this is not false advertising. How the fuck are they running the games on hidden PCs and showing "gameplay" trailers that dont look anything like the final console builds? I dont get how this is such a common practice and nobody seems to care...

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

You're really gonna go there? My news posts are spam? LOL. 

You haven't learned a thing from before, you keep pushing the boundaries and keep baiting people. Keep up the good work. 

I think @zappian is saying that unless you post something, you try to 'shoot' it down.

PMSL

The funny thing is how little faith in Windows 8 Microsoft has, goes to show that saying fuck them and staying with Windows 7 was a good choice.

that's because it's 2013's picture not yesterdays news

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbox-One-Games-E3-Were-Running-Windows-7-With-Nvidia-GTX-Cards-56737.html

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

It's not that they used a gimped version running an Xbox build on a pc, it's that they showed the pc version (which, btw, looks amazing) in 1080p60fps, on the Xbox channel, with an Xbox gamepad plugged in. To the unaware, the first guess would be that it's Xbox one gameplay, which is misleading.

It may not technically be illegal or fake advertising, as they never explicitly say that you're seeing xbox footage, but it's very wrong.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Can someone pleeease explain to me how this is not false advertising. How the fuck are they running the games on hidden PCs and showing "gameplay" trailers that dont look anything like the final console builds? I dont get how this is such a common practice and nobody seems to care...

Are you seeing the actual game? Yes. So that's not false advertising.

We get threads like this every couple of months.  It seems there is lot to the industry that enthusiast don't understand.  In fact there seems to be a lot to many industries that people don't understand because this type of thing goes on in every industry whether it's the picture of cornflakes with PVA instead of milk, Photoshopped images of make up models, strawman insults in politics or pre-release game footage on developer systems.   They are not going to let you see the pc because their target market (console gamers) will see the pc and keep walking (xbox branding or not, this is basic product placement 101, people are stupid treat them that way). They are also not going to spend weeks porting a half finished game to console just to avoid the possible misconception that it is false advertising.   

Since when did enthusiast become so petty?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

We get threads like this every couple of months.  It seems there is lot to the industry that enthusiast don't understand.  In fact there seems to be a lot to many industries that people don't understand because this type of thing goes on in every industry whether it's the picture of cornflakes with PVA instead of milk, Photoshopped images of make up models, strawman insults in politics or pre-release game footage on developer systems.   They are not going to let you see the pc because their target market (console gamers) will see the pc and keep walking (xbox branding or not, this is basic product placement 101, people are stupid treat them that way). They are also not going to spend weeks porting a half finished game to console just to avoid the possible misconception that it is false advertising.   

You have a point there.

Its still hilarious how they hail their platforms as powerful juggernauts , before they were launçhed people were saying they would be more powerful  than any pç ever devised.

They hyped their machines to no end and now they have to pull these tricks.

I enjoy the irony in that immensely.

http://www.destructoid.com/ea-ps4-xbox-one-a-generation-ahead-of-gaming-pcs-254360.phtml

Yeah right , one generation ahead .

Petty, no. It just that enthusiast (some) don't want others (non-enthusiast) to get the wrong idea of a product on hardware that isn't capable of running a game on those settings (which I'm assuming is at max setting here). But I do agree with your first point, devs aren't going to port it to a console just for a demoe. Let face it, the average customers aren't going to care a rats a$$ if it being run on PC, xbox, or ps4. All they know is that it coming to their platform of choice and they want to get it for whatever reason that may be. I of course am getting it on PC and can't wait to play it next month for the story mostly and probably good gameplay as well. 

Even if they did so, it shouldn't be surprising. This has gone on for YEARS.

Also, the content you're using is old - I'm sure the picture of the man doing something with the PC in the cabinet is at least two years old and has shown up in multiple threads here and on PCMR ever since.

And if you're going to call out someone on spam posting, make sure you're spotless in the act. If I recall correctly, you've made threads before, including this one, that are redundant and needless; for example, your thread about Xeons compared to Core i-series for gaming when Linus even made a whole video about it himself and other members who have already confirmed what Linus said. All you do is regurgitate what other people say, and that's pretty much in the spam category.

Even if they did so, it shouldn't be surprising. This has gone on for YEARS.

Also, the content you're using is old - I'm sure the picture of the man doing something with the PC in the cabinet is at least two years old and has shown up in multiple threads here and on PCMR ever since.

And if you're going to call out someone on spam posting, make sure you're spotless in the act. If I recall correctly, you've made threads before, including this one, that are redundant and needless; for example, your thread about Xeons compared to Core i-series for gaming when Linus even made a whole video about it himself and other members who have already confirmed what Linus said. All you do is regurgitate what other people say, and that's pretty much in the spam category.

I didnt make a thread about xeon versus çore series , i made a thread about xeon misconceptions .

The main purpose of the thread wasn't to compare it to core series at all , but lets just make things up eh..

That piçture there is just to set up context , i did link a very recent news article.

The context çan be old and?

There is suçh a thing as historical context , your point has no relevance at all.

I didnt make a thread about xeon versus çore series , i made a thread about xeon misconceptions .

The main purpose of the thread wasn't to compare it to core series at all , but lets just make things up eh..

That piçture there is just to set up context , i did link a very recent news article.

The context çan be old and?

There is suçh a thing as historical context , your point has no relevance at all.

Your thread was comparing the Xeon to the Core-i series, if I recall correctly. It's almost verbatim the same points Linus made in his video, and I called you out in the thread for that since it was almost like you watched the video and decided to make a thread about it, among other grammar errors your were making.

And no, the content is dumb and pointless. This thread is spam due to the relevancy being null.