Witcher 3 PC video is used to promote the xbox one version

zappian

Your thread was comparing the Xeon to the Core-i series, if I recall correctly. It's almost verbatim the same points Linus made in his video, and I called you out in the thread for that since it was almost like you watched the video and decided to make a thread about it, among other grammar errors your were making.

And no, the content is dumb and pointless. This thread is spam due to the relevancy being null.

You might re read the thread lol.

I didn't watch the linus video actually , it was all my writing .

Way to make assumptions however.

Your opinion is noted . Thankfully is just that , an opinion and it honestly holds 0 weight to me .

Its still hilarious how they hail their platforms as powerful juggernauts , before they were launçhed people were saying they would be more powerful  than any pç ever devised.

Just like every other company hails their product as the biggest, fastest , strongest, softest, cheapest, most powerful, most efficient, less stressful, most fun.

I could just see consoles surviving: "buy the xbox one now, it's not quite as powerful but fun all the same"

what about AMD's catch line:  "enabling today, inspiring tomorrow"  maybe that should read: "enabling today for 30% of the market place and inspiring tomorrow (if we don't sell more shit to even survive until then)"

What about nvidia "the way it's meant to be played"  maybe it should read "the way we want you to think it should be"

All I am saying is that people are stupid and unless a company glosses up their product to make it look like it is the second coming of Christ, then it won't sell.

It's not limited to consoles or hardware either, every company does it, Apple, MS, google, asus, Sony, AMD, Nvidia, Intel, so and so on.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Just like every other company hails their product as the biggest, fastest , strongest, softest, cheapest, most powerful, most efficient, less stressful, most fun.

I could just see consoles surviving: "buy the xbox one now, it's not quite as powerful but fun all the same"

what about AMD's catch line:  "enabling today, inspiring tomorrow"  maybe that should read: "enabling today for 30% of the market place and inspiring tomorrow (if we don't sell more shit to even survive until then)"

What about nvidia "the way it's meant to be played"  maybe it should read "the way we want you to think it should be"

All I am saying is that people are stupid and unless a company glosses up their product to make it look like it is the second coming of Christ, then it won't sell.

It's not limited to consoles or hardware either, every company does it, Apple, MS, google, asus, Sony, AMD, Nvidia, Intel, so and so on.

Using consoles would be a greater experience and actually make them worth something over a PC if they were as simple to set up and use as the original Xbox and PS1/PS2. Just plug everything in, insert the disc and your gaming with your friends. (Another thing, games used to come out in a polished state, no the half assed shit that we see now which is utter BS with the amount of updates needed-and their sheer size). BTW, does anyone know what happened with the old splitscreen PC games? The last one I saw was a patformer from 1998.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

All this emulation talk might mean we might be able to emulate the xbone?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

All this emulation talk might mean we might be able to emulate the xbone?

Considering how close it is to a PC, it should be possible, and easier than the original Xbox with its custom Pentium III and Nvidia graphics.

PMSL

Using consoles would be a greater experience and actually make them worth something over a PC if they were as simple to set up and use as the original Xbox and PS1/PS2. Just plug everything in, insert the disc and your gaming with your friends. (Another thing, games used to come out in a polished state, no the half assed shit that we see now which is utter BS with the amount of updates needed-and their sheer size). BTW, does anyone know what happened with the old splitscreen PC games? The last one I saw was a patformer from 1998.

I would buy a console now if it was as easy to use as the original playstation or master system.  When they got to a stage of requiring online accounts and payments for multi-player and multiple 60+G updates I drew the line,  I don't mind small updates, I don't mind paying for a better service if that's what the accounts with sony and MS get you, but having both +large game fixes + always on content BS, no thanks.  I remember being able to take my PSone to a friends house to play tekken, no need for online verification because I was logging in from a different IP, browser, location etc.  I didn't need to update my personal details, we just plugged it in and played.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Considering how close it is to a PC, it should be possible, and easier than the original Xbox with its custom Pentium III and Nvidia graphics.

That would be nice. But I think this would really piss Microsoft off.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

How do thing they would get around the online account requirement for multi player gaming etc? you'd probably have to download hacked games for it to work yes?

Are you seeing the actual game? Yes. So that's not false advertising.

Except in that example you aren't seeing the actual xbox game. They are showing a superior version to their product implying that thats how the xbox version looks. At beast it is still deceptive advertising.

This has me thinking. What if back in the 80s, Sinclair advertised the Apple II version of The Bard's Tale. Well sure it's the same basic game as the ZX spectrum version, but something tells me the Speccy version didn't look quite the same.

Except in that example you aren't seeing the actual xbox game. They are showing a superior version to their product implying that thats how the xbox version looks. At beast it is still deceptive advertising.

This has me thinking. What if back in the 80s, Sinclair advertised the Apple II version of The Bard's Tale. Well sure it's the same basic game as the ZX spectrum version, but something tells me the Speccy version didn't look quite the same.

9912ppo.gif

Are you seeing the ACTUAL game? Yes. So that's not false advertising.

9912ppo.gif

Are you seeing the ACTUAL game? Yes. So that's not false advertising.

I could say the same thing to you right now.

SURE you are seeing the game, but your not going to get what they are showing if you buy the Xbox version which by putting the Xbox Logo at the end (rather than a generic textwall showing every system it will be on) they are saying "This is the xbox version".

Microsoft already apologized stating "This was in no way intended to misrepresent the title on Xbox One."

I could say the same thing to you right now.

SURE you are seeing the game, but your not going to get what they are showing if you buy the Xbox version which by putting the Xbox Logo at the end (rather than a generic textwall showing every system it will be on) they are saying "This is the xbox version".

Microsoft already apologized stating "This was in no way intended to misrepresent the title on Xbox One."

Yeah, I'm not going to take the time to explain why that's not true. But your opinion won't change, so I won't waste my time. :)

How do thing they would get around the online account requirement for multi player gaming etc? you'd probably have to download hacked games for it to work yes?

Previous Xbox emulators never had online play, so I don't think that would actually change anytime soon if a new emulator was made.

PMSL

Previous Xbox emulators never had online play, so I don't think that would actually change anytime soon if a new emulator was made.

but we are talking about xbox one aren't we? I thought to play multiplayer on that you needed an xboxlive account? 

but we are talking about xbox one aren't we? I thought to play multiplayer on that you needed an xboxlive account? 

Oh, that...thing. I was talking in regards to a question closer to the top of the page.

PMSL

Oh, that...thing. I was talking in regards to a question closer to the top of the page.

Ahh . ok.   I might have to google for more info on this.

Inst that argumentum ad populum?

Everybody does it so that makes it okay.

I dont see how thats relevant ,I mean at the end of the day they are seeing footage of the game running at much higher settings and fps that they are going to get.

Also the " fps dont matter " argument that gets thrown around only matters to them as long as its useful for them.

Inst that argumentum ad populum?

Everybody does it so that makes it okay.

I dont see how thats relevant ,I mean at the end of the day they are seeing footage of the game running at much higher settings and fps that they are going to get.

Also the " fps dont matter " argument that gets thrown around only matters to them as long as its useful for them.

no it's not argumentum ad populum, in fact it's not even an argument, it's simply a reflection of reality.  It isn't going to change anytime soon because as I have already said, people are stupid.

You get pissed because developers are showing a console game that is actually running on a pc, so what are you going to do, boycott the game? maybe boycott the developer?  How about we all boycott every company that does this and just sit in a hole and die of starvation? 

All I am saying is it's neither news nor is it going to change.  The best thing you can do is educate yourself and move on.  People get what they get when they aren't paying attention to the details.  That's life.  you can't protect people from themselves because they are stupid.

Are you seeing the actual game? Yes. So that's not false advertising.

With videogames where graphical videlity is a big part of the buying decision for many ppl, making it look better than it actually does is very much fals advertising.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

no it's not argumentum ad populum, in fact it's not even an argument, it's simply a reflection of reality.  It isn't going to change anytime soon because as I have already said, people are stupid.

You get pissed because developers are showing a console game that is actually running on a pc, so what are you going to do, boycott the game? maybe boycott the developer?  How about we all boycott every company that does this and just sit in a hole and die of starvation? 

All I am saying is it's neither news nor is it going to change.  The best thing you can do is educate yourself and move on.  People get what they get when they aren't paying attention to the details.  That's life.  you can't protect people from themselves because they are stupid.

This is just sad. Missleading and screwing those who are uninformed or unable to understand will never be okay. Not in any way

MSI X99S SLI PLUS  // Intel Core i7-5960X Processor (8 x 3.0 GHz) // Corsair Hydro Series H80i Cooling // 32 GB DDR4 High End Crucial 2133 MHz RAM

2 x 4096 MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 //2 x 500 GB SATA III Samsung 840 EVO SSD // 4000 GB SATA III, 7200upm // 1000 Watt Silverstone Strider SS //Creative Sound Blaster Z

Cooler Master Cosmos II Big Tower (ATX)

I see this like how hot actors sell women make up. Your not going to look like them but, you already know that.

You seem off-ly çonfortable with anti consumer practises.

Its not gonna change but at least lets expose Microsoft and what they did , what's the harm in that lol.

So people might be weary of future "xbox one" trailers.

Sometimes I think you just like to disagree and protest just for the sake of it .

Its not gonna change but at least lets expose Microsoft and what they did , what's the harm in that lol.

Sometimes I think you just like to disagree and protest just for the sake of it .

I wonder if I'm the only one that wants another Xbox Original, but with better specs? (That isn't weak by even 2007/2008's standards).

PMSL

This is just sad. Missleading and screwing those who are uninformed or unable to understand will never be okay. Not in any way

It is sad, and as you go through life you become de-sensitized to it. Which I'm not too sure if that is a good thing or not, but I do know that societies are constantly changing and evolving. Violence is on the decline,  general living standards are constantly improving.  There is slowly becoming less 3rd world countries as technology gets to the point where it's cheap enough to deploy through charities.    Don't get me wrong, I am not a pessimist, the things I talk about in this thread are seriously only first world problems and genuinely are due to complacency.

I am 40 years old.  I have been witnessing this happen for the last 30 years, my parents (who are still alive) say it's been happening since they remember.  If we look through old advertising material from the 30's and 40's you start to see familiar advertising patterns.  Go back to the 19th century and look at the traveling medicine shows.  People capitalise on peoples ignorance all the time.  I am not disagreeing for the sake of it, nor am I off-ly comfortable. I am merely pointing out the grim reality of humanity. 

I would love to say that with the advances of the internet and instant access to information people will be better armed with knowledge that will stop this sort of thing from happening, but unfortunately the internet has just as much miss-information on it as it does truth.  In fact the internet might even be damaging to truth as anyone can say anything and have it presented in a way that tricks many people into believing the fallacy.  It's no coincidence that with the boom in internet users we have also seen a boom in anti vaccine lobbying, chain emails,  facebook pages that essentially do nothing but defame entire political movements/governments/companies.  There are no checks and balances for what people can say and holding website owners accountable for their product is almost a joke. 

I work with people, I study them, I educate them and I am on their side.  I have some rules to help prevent me from messing up peoples lives.  No. 1. don't let emotions cloud the truth no matter how ugly it is.  You can't help someone if you can't see the problem.

But that's enough of my ranting.

EDIT: sorry for the wall of text, I hate them but this is my pet topic, the thing I live for.