Experiences with non-techies

1 minute ago, LucasDerpYT said:

Not with the same programming language

That is complete and utter bull, you do not know what you are talking about.

There is absolutely nothing stopping you from writing .NET code in an editor on a Linux machine. These days you can even run .NET on Linux with mono.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

huh?

Like C+ and Java scripts ?? He must be talking in that sense.

-- BSOD : ( --

5 hours ago, DocSwag said:

E1E2FA09-C5D4-4905-A78C-B31E1340C968-7320-00001060E7B60041_tmp.png

In all seriousness though, how?!? First of all, I don't understand how you could get the privacy needed, and second of all, at that young of an age? I'm a year older and have never had a gf, though to be fair that is mostly probably because of private school and me being a math and science type of kid. Honestly I don't expect myself to until around 22 or so :P.

14 year olds and their problems. smh /s

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

34 minutes ago, Zackbare said:

Like C+ and Java scripts ?? He must be talking in that sense.

Still doesn't make sense.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

1 hour ago, Principis said:

My mouse doesn't work in Linux so nope...

And I hate that it takes so much effort to install a simple program.

sudo apt-get install gui 

:P

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, Principis said:

Whut?

264703959015489537.png

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 hour ago, matrix07012 said:

14 year olds and their problems. smh /s

True.

When i clean out PC's to make them faster, sometimes they say will this cause my pc to stop working? or can you tell me how to do it? Sometimes its harder to explain them then to show them

Just now, Sleeper PC 2016 said:

When i clean out PC's to make them faster, sometimes they say will this cause my pc to stop working? or can you tell me how to do it? Sometimes its harder to explain them then to show them

buy a mac !

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

8 minutes ago, themctipers said:

buy a mac !

You know, sometimes I see people with NO TECHNICAL KNOW-HOW AT ALL using Macs. I'm like, "Dude, I don't even know how to do that and you did it.". 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

13 minutes ago, themctipers said:

buy a mac !

And then even more confusion as i never owned a mac. I know a little bit on how to fix them, buts thats as far as my knowledge goes

7 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

You know, sometimes I see people with NO TECHNICAL KNOW-HOW AT ALL using Macs. I'm like, "Dude, I don't even know how to do that and you did it.". 

thats just knowing the OS usiually

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

thats just knowing the OS usiually

OH no. I've seen them setup some really complicated $hit before, and it's stuff that confuses me, and I have 10 Macs. 

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

3 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

OH no. I've seen them setup some really complicated $hit before, and it's stuff that confuses me, and I have 10 Macs. 

sudo nano

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

7 minutes ago, themctipers said:

sudo nano

I know how to edit a text document, thank you. And does that even work under MacOS (or OS X as I prefer)?

7 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

I know how to edit a text document, thank you. And does that even work under MacOS (or OS X as I prefer)?

Yup, Linux and MacOS are both based on UNIX so a lot of the commands are extremely similar or the same.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Just now, DocSwag said:

Yup, Linux and MacOS are both based on UNIX so a lot of the commands are extremely similar or the same.

Oh. Makes sense. I don't use the terminal on Mac OS X. 

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8xMzYwNDYzOTk2ODE3MjQ0MTYvMjkzNTgzNDA3NjkzMjk5NzEyL29rLkpQRyJ9.4sO-n56dIGO10lAVWX-rRCHCr2I?width=768&height=168

A review for a firepro...it had 4 display ports...

The worst part is someone found this helpful...

I think my brain hurts from them calling this "special HDMI."

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

my mom was asking me what i was downloading..

she pointed at this:

4f8f469506726385178f3db71372743a.png

then she told me google chrome was a virus

sighs

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

My parents just don't seem to understand that the internet speed affects how fast things load and is the reason why things buffer.

Our conversations usually go something like this:

Mom: Why is this video buffering, I think we need to change the RAM configuration... or maybe you changed something?

Me: No mom! Think of the internet like a pipe. The bigger the pipe, the faster information can travel through it. Our "pipe" is only 6.5Mps "wide". This means that pretty much anything that isn't running on a high performance server (like Netflix or YouTube) is going to have a little bit of buffering. Especially when there are other people on the network.

Mom: But there must be some way to fix it... ?

Me: Yes, there is, you would need to widen the "pipe" by increasing our download speed. Unfortunately we cannot increase our download speeds any further because we live in an area where there are no ISP's that can provide a faster speed. So in short, if you want things to buffer faster... we need to move.

So what happens after this conversation?

They still don't get it.

1 minute ago, Just-Chill said:

My parents just dont seem to understand that the internet speed affects how fast things load and is the reason why things buffer.

Our converations usualy go something like this:

Mom: Why is this video buffering, I think we need to change the RAM configuration... or maybe you changed something?

Me: No mom! Think of the internet like a pipe. The bigger the pipe, the faster information can travel through it. Our "pipe" is only 6.5Mps "wide". This means that pretty much anything that is'nt running on a high performance server (like Netflix or Youtube) is going to have a little bit of buffering. Especially when there are other people on the network.

Me: Yes, there is, you would need to widen the "pipe" by increasing our download speed. Unfortubatly we cannot increase our downoad speeds any furthur because we live in an area where there are no ISP's that can provide a faster speed. So in short, if you want things to buffer faster... we need to move.

They still don't get it.

*digs in back yard looking for pipe*

5 minutes ago, Just-Chill said:

My parents just dont seem to understand that the internet speed affects how fast things load and is the reason why things buffer.

Our converations usualy go something like this:

Me: No mom! Think of the internet like a pipe. The bigger the pipe, the faster information can travel through it. Our "pipe" is only 6.5Mps "wide". This means that pretty much anything that isn't running on a high performance server (like Netflix or Youtube) is going to have a little bit of buffering. Especially when there are other people on the network.

Me: Yes, there is, you would need to widen the "pipe" by increasing our download speed. Unfortubatly we cannot increase our downoad speeds any furthur because we live in an area where there are no ISP's that can provide a faster speed. So in short, if you want things to buffer faster... we need to move.

They still don't get it.

techquickie

i explain it to them using the think of rogers as a shitty company, we pay for speed but we get dogshit

but its the opposite

and speed is good

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.