Experiences with non-techies

9 hours ago, NunoLava1998 said:

I bet the person who wrote that was high or something.

Desktop: Core i5-6400, 16gb DDR4, Asus H110M-K, GTX 970, 240gb Crucial BX200, 1TB 5200rpm Samsung Spinpoint, 1TB WD Green, 250gb WD Scorpio Blue, Corsair CS550M, Zalman Z1 Neo, TP Link TL-WDN4800.

Laptop: HP Stream 13: Intel Celeron N2840, 2GB DDR3, 32GB e-mmc, iGPU.

"Test Bench": Pentium 4 HT 3.4GHz, 2GB DDR2, Dell Dimension 8400 Mobo and PSU, ATI X550, random hard drives

14 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

Your son will probably try to install some hacker software. He may attempt to conceal the presence of the software in some way, but you can usually find any new programs by reading through the programs listed under "Install/Remove Programs" in your control panel. Popular hacker software includes "Comet Cursor", "Bonzi Buddy" and "Flash".

HOLY FUCK this is gold

If your son has requested a new "processor" from a company called "AMD", this is genuine cause for alarm. AMD is a third-world based company who make inferior, "knock-off" copies of American processor chips. They use child labor extensively in their third world sweatshops, and they deliberately disable the security features that American processor makers, such as Intel, use to prevent hacking. AMD chips are never sold in stores, and you will most likely be told that you have to order them from internet sites. Do not buy this chip! This is one request that you must refuse your son, if you are to have any hope of raising him well.

ho boy

If your son spends more than thirty minutes each day on the computer, he may be using it to DOS other peoples sites

watch out he might even MAC OSX LEOPARD your servers

Quake is an online virtual reality used by hackers. It is a popular meeting place and training ground, where they discuss hacking and train in the use of various firearms. Many hackers develop anti-social tendencies due to the use of this virtual world, and it may cause erratic behaviour at home and at school.

because nothing is more anti social than meeting up w/ pals to play a game online

BSD, Lunix, Debian and Mandrake are all versions of an illegal hacker operation system, invented by a Soviet computer hacker named Linyos Torovoltos, before the Russians lost the Cold War. It is based on a program called " xenix", which was written by Microsoft for the US government. These programs are used by hackers to break into other people's computer systems to steal credit card numbers. They may also be used to break into people's stereos to steal their music, using the "mp3" program. Torovoltos is a notorious hacker, responsible for writing many hacker programs, such as "telnet", which is used by hackers to connect to machines on the internet without using a telephone

LINUX IS EVIL , NO PENGUINS IN MY HOUSE , ONLY REAL BIRDS

also screw MP3 that's all evil , and telnet is the worst , internet is evil and shall be destroyed by jesus

If you see the word "LILO" during your windows startup (just after you turn the machine on), your son has installed lunix. In order to get rid of it, you will have to send your computer back to the manufacturer, and have them fit a new hard drive. Lunix is extremely dangerous software, and cannot be removed without destroying part of your hard disk surface.

I think I destroyed part of my brain reading this .... jfc

ill stop quoting now , holy fuck this is so good , how did you find that @NunoLava1998

SpaceReptile that was bloody perfect

Desktop: Core i5-6400, 16gb DDR4, Asus H110M-K, GTX 970, 240gb Crucial BX200, 1TB 5200rpm Samsung Spinpoint, 1TB WD Green, 250gb WD Scorpio Blue, Corsair CS550M, Zalman Z1 Neo, TP Link TL-WDN4800.

Laptop: HP Stream 13: Intel Celeron N2840, 2GB DDR3, 32GB e-mmc, iGPU.

"Test Bench": Pentium 4 HT 3.4GHz, 2GB DDR2, Dell Dimension 8400 Mobo and PSU, ATI X550, random hard drives

If your son is failing courses in school, or performing poorly on sports teams, he may be involved in a hacking group, such as the infamous " Otaku" hacker association. Excessive time spent on the computer, communicating with his fellow hackers may cause temporary damage to the eyes and brain, from the electromagnetic radiation. This will cause his marks to slip dramatically, particularly in difficult subjects such as Math, and Chemistry. In extreme cases, over-exposure to computer radiation can cause schizophrenia, meningitis and other psychological diseases. Also, the reduction in exercise may cause him to lose muscle mass, and even to start gaining weight. For the sake of your child's mental and physical health, you must put a stop to his hacking, and limit his computer time drastically.

I didn't know that losing muscle mass caused you to fain weight? smh. Please tell me more about this electromagnetic radiation that computer + hacking causes. Now that we know that more time in front of the computer apparently makes you dumb we can conclude that hackers must all be idiots as well! The logical fallicies and self-contradictions here are more than I can take! 

It's time for me to white girl for a little bit (and I'm a dude)

I can't even

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.7 GHz

GPU: XFX GTS RX580 4GB

Cooling: Corsair h100i

Mobo: Asus z97-A 

RAM: 4x8 GB 1600 MHz Corsair Vengence

PSU: Corsair HX850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Tempered glass edition

Display: LG 29UM68-P

Keyboard: Roccat Ryos MK FX RGB

Mouse: Logitech g900 Chaos Spectrum

Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX

I recently was working part-time at an electronics show, being a sales promoter for seagate. There was a booth right opposite us selling some kind of android TV box thing, and the sales person was pitching to their customers. He demonstrated how the video wasn't buffering because the servers were local (Singapore) as opposed to in China, which I was okay with. But then he went on to say that even on wifi there will be no buffering, showing the audience that the TV box he was showing off was connected via Ethernet. He said that "Even though this device is connected via cable (Ethernet) there is no lag (buffer)" and "Wifi is actually faster than cable, so if you connect wifi it will be even faster", and it was then I got stage 5 cancer. ._.

Quote me if you want me to see your message. Like my post if it helped. Click "Show More" to see things that I use.

Desktop (2014): CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k @ 3.50GHz | GPU: MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Motherboard: MSi Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipJaws X 1600MHz + 2x4GB HyperX Black 1600MHz | SSD: Samsung 750 Evo 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212x | PSU: Corsair VS650 | Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus | OS: Windows 10 Home

Laptop (2017): Model: Asus UX310U

Peripherals: Monitor: Samsung S24D300 OC@75Hz + Viewsonic XG2401 (144Hz) | Mouse: Logitech G305 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 | Headset: HyperX Cloud Core | Speakers: Logitech Z333 | Additional: Logitech G29

Mobiles: Samsung Pixon (2010-2012) | Samsung Galaxy Ace (2012-2013) | Samsung Galaxy S3 (2013-2016) | Samsung Note 4 (2015)(Lost) | Samsung Galaxy S7 (2016-2019) | Samsung Galaxy S10 (2019 - Current) | Additional: ASUS Zenwatch 2 (2016)

1 hour ago, Space Reptile said:

HOLY FUCK this is gold

ho boy

watch out he might even MAC OSX LEOPARD your servers

because nothing is more anti social than meeting up w/ pals to play a game online

also screw MP3 that's all evil , and telnet is the worst , internet is evil and shall be destroyed by jesus

I think I destroyed part of my brain reading this .... jfc

ill stop quoting now , holy fuck this is so good , how did you find that @NunoLava1998

by @themctipers posting that link on like page 500

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

1 minute ago, NunoLava1998 said:

by @themctipers on like page 500

You got to page 500? Seriously, I don't know whether or not to believe you. O.o

I thought I wasted a lot of time sometimes. How did you even get there?

Just now, ATFink said:

a long time ago i went to random ass pages and found the one

i still remember getting to there

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

Only thing I don't like about non techies is the ones that play console that think their console is better just because they want it to be, not that I hate consoles but clearly, it's not better, it just... isn't... idk why they think that. Oh and 1 more thing, when my step dad and mom can't do the simplest thing on their PC like block pop ups or w/e, drives me nuts, I help em anyway but sheesh.

Please Quote me when replying.
CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

2 hours ago, ATFink said:

I genuinely feel bad for that person's son. Honestly I really do feel bad for him. He has to deal with closed minded airhead like that on a daily basis, and it must suck. Especially for someone that is intellectually curios like the kid appears to be. Honestly the author sounds like some nut that might go on a tangent about online currency being created by the Illuminati and helps it with its plans to enslave Americans to robots whilst the song I'm proud to be an American plays in the background on a Sunday morning at church or some crap like that. Seriously his statements make about that much sense.

And that's why I'm glad my parents give no shits about what I'm interested into

my moms a ಠ_ಥ REEEEEE against computers and my grandma is slowly becoming a SJW against computers because of Chinese YouTube 

:( 

1 hour ago, ATFink said:

I didn't know that losing muscle mass caused you to fain weight? smh. Please tell me more about this electromagnetic radiation that computer + hacking causes. Now that we know that more time in front of the computer apparently makes you dumb we can conclude that hackers must all be idiots as well! The logical fallicies and self-contradictions here are more than I can take! 

I can't even

CRTs

:^) LCD since 2008

CRT TV until 2012..

58 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

by @themctipers posting that link on like page 500

Page 500 is barely younger than my account ???

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 minutes ago, themctipers said:

CRTs

:^) LCD since 2008

CRT TV until 2012..

I assume you know how cathode ray tubes work, so we both know it probably won't do anything unless you jam your face literally into your monitor for the major portion of the day every single day of your life and direct the electron rays directly into your eye sockets. I think jamming your face into the monitor might hurt worse than the CRT. You'd face much bigger problems walking by power transformers than an outdated computer monitor or tv set on a not so regular basis. And I'm not about to argue that power lines near your house will give you cancer. I actually have heard people concerned about this before... the only possible way a power line could hurt you is if you let it arc across your heart or let it zap all the oxygen in the air around you into ozone in a closed environment with no available fresh air.

I thought it was funny in the article since the author pointed out that electromagnetic radiation is bad. The light from your monitor is electromagnetic radiation which is true... but electromagnetic radiation basically comes from everything. The visible light spectrum is elecromagnetic radiation. Radiowaves, microwaves, X-rays, UV, and Infrared radiation (which is naturally emitted by everything above absolute zero) are all forms of electromagnetic radiation seen on a daily basis.

The only EM wave that is not regularly seen by us mere mortals is gamma radiation... I'm not all that excited about the prospect of experiencing a gamma ray burst first hand, so count me out. All I know is that the waves with higher frequency than visible light start to cause damage with long term exposure. UV can give you sun burns and potentially skin cancer with a LOT of exposure, x-ray exposure can give you some nasty cancer with decent exposure, and gamma rays... Jesus stay away from those monsters. 4 foot thick concrete barriers can't always stop gamma rays... lead lining is a must when dealing with those DNA destroyers.

5 hours ago, Space Reptile said:

They even spelled it "Lunix"...

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

4 hours ago, ATFink said:

I read through the entire thread :P. At the time I read it there were around 916 pages or so and I got through all of em in a month or two. Been active on this thread ever since.

5 hours ago, ATFink said:

I can't even

To be fair, electromagnetic radiation can have extreme effects on your body (fine, I'm talking alt gamma rays that computers don't emit). In all seriousness though, some studies have found that radio waves/microwaves emitted by computers can have a bit of a negative effect upon people, especially while sleeping (makes them sleep worse), thoug AFAIK it doesn't actually decrease intelligence except potentially indirectly through sleeping worse. And TECHNICALLY they are correct about the hurting eyes part, since computer screens are known to cause strain on your eyes mostly due to emission of blue light, which is electromagnetic radiation, though I agree, the context I which this was said is WAYYYY off and it's still really inaccurate.

2 hours ago, ATFink said:

I assume you know how cathode ray tubes work, so we both know it probably won't do anything unless you jam your face literally into your monitor for the major portion of the day every single day of your life and direct the electron rays directly into your eye sockets. I think jamming your face into the monitor might hurt worse than the CRT. You'd face much bigger problems walking by power transformers than an outdated computer monitor or tv set on a not so regular basis. And I'm not about to argue that power lines near your house will give you cancer. I actually have heard people concerned about this before... the only possible way a power line could hurt you is if you let it arc across your heart or let it zap all the oxygen in the air around you into ozone in a closed environment with no available fresh air.

I thought it was funny in the article since the author pointed out that electromagnetic radiation is bad. The light from your monitor is electromagnetic radiation which is true... but electromagnetic radiation basically comes from everything. The visible light spectrum is elecromagnetic radiation. Radiowaves, microwaves, X-rays, UV, and Infrared radiation (which is naturally emitted by everything above absolute zero) are all forms of electromagnetic radiation seen on a daily basis.

The only EM wave that is not regularly seen by us mere mortals is gamma radiation... I'm not all that excited about the prospect of experiencing a gamma ray burst first hand, so count me out. All I know is that the waves with higher frequency than visible light start to cause damage with long term exposure. UV can give you sun burns and potentially skin cancer with a LOT of exposure, x-ray exposure can give you some nasty cancer with decent exposure, and gamma rays... Jesus stay away from those monsters. 4 foot thick concrete barriers can't always stop gamma rays... lead lining is a must when dealing with those DNA destroyers.

*jams head in CRT*

I CAN FEEL THE ELECTRONS IN ME!!! MWAHAHAHAHA

*dies*

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

They even spelled it "Lunix"...

5 hours ago, Space Reptile said:

If Ctrl+Alt+Del comics taught my anything it's that the Lunix guy is evil and their penguin has a master plan to destroy the all mighty Microsoft!

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

i got a new one, been bugging me recently. People are so accustomed to GUI, and so brainwashed by movies, that any time i am working on a linux machine at work, or even a windows machine with CMD open, people instantly assume you are up to something "dodgy"

fucking morons

Home PC:

CPU: i7 4790s ~ Motherboard: Asus B85M-E ~ RAM: 32GB Ballistix Sport DDR3 1666 ~ GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro ~ Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-03 ~ Storage: Kingston Predator 240GB   PCIE M.2 Boot, 2TB HDD, 3x 480GB SATA SSD's in RAID 0 ~ PSU:    Corsair CX600
Display(s): Asus PB287Q , Generic Samsung 1080p 22" ~ Cooling: Arctic T3 Air Cooler, All case fans replaced with Noctua NF-B9 Redux's ~ Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion ~ Mouse: Cheap Microsoft Wired (i like it) ~ Sound: Radial Pro USB DAC into 250w Powered Speakers ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Work PC:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1275 v3 ~ Motherboard: Asrock E3C226D2I ~ RAM: 16GB DDR3 ~ GPU: GTX 460 ~ Case: Silverstone SG05 ~ Storage: 512GB SATA SSD ~ Displays: 3x1080p 24" mix and matched Dell monitors plus a 10" 1080p lilliput monitor above ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

41 minutes ago, DnFx91 said:

i got a new one, been bugging me recently. People are so accustomed to GUI, and so brainwashed by movies, that any time i am working on a linux machine at work, or even a windows machine with CMD open, people instantly assume you are up to something "dodgy"

fucking morons

So true! I've gotten in trouble for running my own batch scripts at school, even though all it did was flash colors on screen very rapidly. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

My worst non-techie experience is my high school's AP Computer Science teacher had never taught a CS class before, every day was reading book on how to code in java, and every time you asked her a question, she replied with "I dont know, search it up on the google"

And its not like shes old and out of touch with modern tech, shes like 30

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

6 hours ago, ATFink said:

astronaughts often see bright flashes in random spots of their vision during EVA and that is thought to be caused by gamma rays so... :P but thats more them fucking with your retina and nerves then seeing the "light"

57 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

So true! I've gotten in trouble for running my own batch scripts at school, even though all it did was flash colors on screen very rapidly. 

i used to replace all desktop shortcuts with those scripts and it would REALLY fuck them up. they paniced and went "MY COMPUTER IS BEEING HACKED!!" or something. didnt do it much more then maybe 5 times but it was pretty fun. kind of a dick move but i fixed it for them so i dont feel bad. by fix it i mean i litteraly just closed the CMD window btw...

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

12 hours ago, herman mcpootis said:

if this is true, i'm the queen of switzerland :S

Switzerland is not a kingdom ! We are a neutral country !

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

4 hours ago, Jamiec1130 said:

"Screen flashing? This kid is making a virus!!!"

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

3 hours ago, LucasDerpYT said:

"the GTX 480 should be powerful as the RX 480, right?"

" a shitty computer costs $500 a half decent costs $1000, and a really good computer costs $2000" - A Console Fanboy

Because product numbers were always indicative of performance across brands.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, DocSwag said:

Because product numbers were always indicative of performance across brands.

The GTX 1080 can only game at 1080p

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

11 minutes ago, UberGamerKing said:

Maybe if said 1080p monitor was a 240 Hz like this:

https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG258Q/

lol

1 hour ago, UberGamerKing said:

r7 240 can only game at 240p

The only one that makes some sense xD 

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

r7 240 can only game at 240p

The only one that makes some sense xD 

found another few,

GTX 480 can only run at over 80C

GTX 590 can only run at over 90C

#ShotsFiredAtOldShitNVIDAHardware

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016