GTAV PC Digital Pre-Load Information

TwistedDictator

I thought we all agreed to no pre-orders though.

I pre-ordered GTA V last january. And Im also planning to pre order The witcher 3 :P

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

How large is the download, exactly?

My guess would be 50GB

People are so easily controlled. To ensure pre-orders they just throw some free in-game currency or something else and people jump on it.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

everyone should send me their money so they can't pre-order it

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Only you did. I pre-ordered Witcher 3 and this.

GTA V and Witcher 3 better be great but still not worth risking plus the high price of pre order :P

Hi!  Please quote me in replies otherwise I may not see your response!

Someone want to take GTA V off me for Xbox 360 so I can get this on pc?  I can't even remember if I even played GTA V on my Xbox 360 when my console was still working.  RIP Xbox 360 ... sorely missed :S

As for people pre-ordering this and pre-loading it well you basically know what you are going to get with this game.  This is why I have no problem pre-ordering certain games early if I have money at the time and really want to play them at launch.  Now in general I am a cheapskate but with some games it is obvious they are going to be good, you know what you are getting and you are going to play the **** out of them and I assume GTA V for pc is one many will play the **** out of right away.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Neat.

I can't wait to sink another 200 hours in to GTA V. It really has been one of my favourite releases in the last 5 years.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

I don't know who this "we" is you're speaking of but there isn't some collective voice of this community that made a strict decision to never pre-order anything. If people do or don't its their choice, you're entitled to agree or disagree as individuals but nobody here speaks for everyone within the community. 

Yes there is a group of people here that speak out strongly against pre-orders but there is a lot of people that don't mind as long its a particular franchise or company that they're into no matter what but nobody has the right to attack the integrity of another member of the community or call them a traitor simply because they aren't a part of the hard-line stance. 

People need to get the over themselves and stop making out like pre-ordering a game is tantamount to buying blood diamonds. 

Yes, it's your own choice if you pre-order or not, but you have to realize that your choice affects others through the message that you send by pre-ordering. People who pre-order cause others to have a worse experience as the publishers decide to make less than ideal choices.

What is it about the screenshots that tells you it will be fine? Was there something you could see in the GTA IV screenshots that let you know it will run badly?

No, the screenshots look good.  The provided specifications appear to be reasonable for the type of game that it is.  Given that there was a delay, that gives me some optimism that the game will be good.  I do not have any insider information if that's what you're asking for.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

Yes, it's your own choice if you pre-order or not, but you have to realize that your choice affects others through the message that you send by pre-ordering. People who pre-order cause others to have a worse experience as the publishers decide to make less than ideal choices.

This is one of those situations where you have to accept that a hard-line stance against pre-ordering by you, or every single active member of the LTT community just wouldn't make a difference, and that's assuming that everyone here agree's to take the stance which clearly they don't. 

There is a whole bunch of things i don't like about the gaming industry but i don't think for one second that me refusing to pay an extra $10 for a digital collectors version of a certain game to get a pretty case and one extra mission that everyone who buys the game should have got anyway would in any way impact upon these practices continuing. We're talking about millions upon millions of customers that decide as individuals every time a game comes out if they're going to pre-order, get a special edition or pay for some silly DLC, absolutely nothing you, i, or anyone else here does will make a shred of difference to the industry.

You want to take a stance, good for you but you're not going to win your fellow gamers over in this idealistic crusade by attacking them for not sharing your convictions. We're all entitled to do what the fuck we want, sorry for the rant im just sick of people being so damn preachy about this topic.  

Except I already played on 360, and know exactly what I'm getting. Why wouldn't I preorder for an extra 1.5 Mil?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Except I already played on 360, and know exactly what I'm getting. Why wouldn't I preorder for an extra 1.5 Mil?

Just in case the game is not optimized as you wanted it to be. You never know.

There's no real difference to the Standalone Social Club version and the Steam version. The Steam version will still require Social Club activation anyway.

The only benefits to the Steam version is:

Steam Achievements

Game Time tracking

Steam Cards (most likely)

These are features I appreciate, I know Steam's not for everyone, but it's my digital game shelf of choice.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

thank god they allow preloading, I have 360Kb/s (2.8Mb/s) [which I pay $80/month for] so this is a couple days of downloading!

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

These are features I appreciate, I know Steam's not for everyone, but it's my digital game shelf of choice.

I rather have 60% off the Steam price than those petty "features".

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Don't worry, bro. I bought it from Steam too. :)

I rather have 60% off the Steam price than those petty "features".

Chances are, we'll see it 60% off on Steam first before anywhere else. The highest percentage off GTA V was 27% off. And that wasn't even for GTA V specifically.

Chances are, we'll see it 60% off on Steam first before anywhere else. The highest percentage off GTA V was 27% off. And that wasn't even for GTA V specifically.

Yeah I don't really know what he was talking about or where his point came from.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Pre-loads are only for people that want to have the first gameplay video on YouTube

or dont want to wait for potentially days for the thing to fucking download.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Just in case the game is not optimized as you wanted it to be. You never know.

Im in the same boat as the guy your replying to. I played heaps on 360 and know exactly what game I am buying. Not only that, even if it is an unoptimized heap of shit i have enough of a computer that I can pretty much force it to run well enough anyway. Plus I got it for 27% off so there is a real incentive for me to preorder the game because its cheaper if i do so.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Interesting, maybe some people feel they are at risk to spontaneously combust if they don't get to play games the very hour they launch. Is the prospect of waiting a few days really that terrifying? I guess it must be, people resort to VPN's for "early access" all the time.

Never mind that poorly running games can't always be brute forced to decent performance, 4 way SLI can't help you with game save problems.

If you preorder games, don't complain about bugs and issues, those aren't glitches, those are your preorder bonuses.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

@TwistedDictator

GMG still don't know if their keys will be preload compatible & Amazon are saying their keys are not preload compatible.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Don't worry, bro. I bought it from Steam too. :)

Uhm, i bought it for 60% less than the Steam price.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Uhm, i bought it for 60% less than the Steam price.

I'm listening. :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

i must know if amazon supports pre-loads!!! i have it through them D:

DVD or Key?

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |