GTAV PC Digital Pre-Load Information

TwistedDictator

i must know if amazon supports pre-loads!!! i have it through them D:

I did for Civ Beyond Earth, so I assume it will for GTA V too!

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Pre-loads are only for people that want to have the first gameplay video on YouTube

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

I thought we all agreed to no pre-orders though.

good you have good sense of judgement and self control.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Incorrect, the rest of us with some modicum of integrity agreed to no pre-orders.

Despite the fact that I am super excited to play it.

Traitor.

I pre-ordered for myself, one of my friends and also plan to get it for another friend too if she tells me that she wants to come play. Pre-ordering isn't some type of traitorous act its simply saying i would buy this product at launch no matter what anyway so why not get some goodies and download in advance :)

I'm confused, is this game going to run out of copies or something? Digital downloads. Kinda speaks for itself, no? No one wants to wait for a proper series of reviews and 'port reports'? 

Its funny, you guys cry about preorders killing the industry and all that tripe, what do some of you do anyways? Just cause its from your "favoured" developers who can "never do wrong"? 

YOU are whats wrong with the gaming industry. Rockstar never gave PC gamers any love to start with. They held off the release for this long. They kept delaying it. They shafted every user by delaying Heists so long. They really haven't been a model developer at all. Yet you go running back like an abused housewife who has Stockholm syndrome. 

Developers are holding the carrot and you guys are the dogs running around the track thinking you're lives actually matter beyond anything other than sheer entertainment for studio execs who are LOL'ing away at how blindly you follow a company. 

I pre-ordered for myself, one of my friends and also plan to get it for another friend too if she tells me that she wants to come play. Pre-ordering isn't some type of traitorous act its simply saying i would buy this product at launch no matter what anyway so why not get some goodies and download in advance :)

I'm going to buy it no matter what, as well. But I'm still not going to pre-order it. Why?

When you spend your money, sends a message.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

And that's your choice as a consumer, calling people who don't care about your crusade/stance a traitor is a little harsh don't you think? To me it just comes off like some type of hipster vegan berating a vegetarian for eating an egg or something lol

Each to their own in my opinion :) 

yeah...ummm...I pre-ordered it on impulse.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

Sure hoping the retail version is Steamworks... traded in some games (including GTAV Xbox One, hah!) to get enough credit for a copy and then some.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Sure hoping the retail version is Steamworks... traded in some games (including GTAV Xbox One, hah!) to get enough credit for a copy and then some.

Most likely it won't be a Steam key at all. It'll be a Social Club key.

yeah...ummm...I pre-ordered it on impulse.

Oh my god you traitorous scum don't you have a shred of dignity???  :lol: lol sorry only kidding just wanted to demonstrate how pathetic it comes off speaking to people like that. 

Most likely it won't be a Steam key at all. It'll be a Social Club key.

Yeah, since they did it with GTAIV and Max Payne 3, but I had to hope.  I'll just switch that credit to something else and buy on Steam I guess.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Oh my god you traitorous scum don't you have a shred of dignity???  :lol: lol sorry only kidding just wanted to demonstrate how pathetic it comes off speaking to people like that. 

yeah this kind of talk is pretty pathetic. lol

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

yeah this kind of talk is pretty pathetic. lol

EDIT: Sorry chrome glitched out...

Yeah, since they did it with GTAIV and Max Payne 3, but I had to hope.  I'll just switch that credit to something else and buy on Steam I guess.

There's no real difference to the Standalone Social Club version and the Steam version. The Steam version will still require Social Club activation anyway.

The only benefits to the Steam version is:

Steam Achievements

Game Time tracking

Steam Cards (most likely)

Weren't you all advocating pretty heavily against pre-ordering? The message that you were delivering is to not pre-order a game regardless of what incentives or promises the publisher provides for doing so. And yet here, you caved in rather quickly; this is not a good way to maintain your position. In fact, we still have no clue as to whether this will be a good port or not. Does anybody remember the joke of the vanilla game that was GTA IV? I already said this before, but the fact that you needed mods to get a satisfactory gaming experience means that you have failed in the delivery of a game port. Let's also not forget the fact that Rockstar has had a less than stellar reputation for the PC platform.

At this point, I would personally say that the claim that the delays are for the sake of optimization is pure nonsense. If they are actually working to making the game look good and run well, then how does it magically have the spare time to keep adding in new features and updates to the console versions?

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

There's no real difference to the Standalone Social Club version and the Steam version. The Steam version will still require Social Club activation anyway.

The only benefits to the Steam version is:

Steam Achievements

Game Time tracking

Steam Cards (most likely)

you got a bunch of free in-game money from social club, and I think they were the only ones offering the free game deal. they were giving like 500k for single and 800k for multi, and I got an email today that I was getting an extra 200k because of the games most recent delay.

Weren't you all advocating pretty heavily against pre-ordering? The message that you were delivering is to not pre-order a game regardless of what incentives or promises the publisher provides for doing so. And yet here, you caved in rather quickly; this is not a good way to maintain your position.

I don't know who this "we" is you're speaking of but there isn't some collective voice of this community that made a strict decision to never pre-order anything. If people do or don't its their choice, you're entitled to agree or disagree as individuals but nobody here speaks for everyone within the community. 

Yes there is a group of people here that speak out strongly against pre-orders but there is a lot of people that don't mind as long its a particular franchise or company that they're into no matter what but nobody has the right to attack the integrity of another member of the community or call them a traitor simply because they aren't a part of the hard-line stance. 

People need to get the over themselves and stop making out like pre-ordering a game is tantamount to buying blood diamonds. 

At this point, I would personally say that the claim that the delays are for the sake of optimization is pure nonsense. If they are actually working to making the game look good and run well, then how does it magically have the spare time to keep adding in new features and updates to the console versions?

I would guess that have a separate team for porting games, and a another team for content creation.

you got a bunch of free in-game money from social club, and I think they were the only ones offering the free game deal. they were giving like 500k for single and 800k for multi, and I got an email today that I was getting an extra 200k because of the games most recent delay.

Everybody gets 1.5m for pre-ordering. And they weren't the only ones offering a free game for pre-ordering. Steam, GMG and others were offering San Andreas as a free game.

Anyway, the pre-order bonuses for GTA5 PC is so shitty, I don't know why you are even bringing it up... I wasn't even talking about pre-order.

I initially wasn't going to preorder, but let's be honest.  It's Rockstar.  Looking at the specifications and the screenshots, it'll probably perform fine.  Given that it was delayed, I have confidence that the team did a pretty good job optimizing it.  Most of the issues that were present in previous versions should be taken care of by now.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

FYI- not everybody inside a big company works on the same thing at the same  time. That should be quite obvious. You can't expect everybody at rockstar to be working on the PC build.

Not excusing the fact that the PC version is late... But if they do release a solid, mostly bug-free game, which works smoothly across a range of hardware without stuttering then I will gladly give them my money.

I initially wasn't going to preorder, but let's be honest.  It's Rockstar.  Looking at the specifications and the screenshots, it'll probably perform fine.  Given that it was delayed, I have confidence that the team did a pretty good job optimizing it.

I agree but there is still no reason to preorder. We still have to wait for release to play, and we send the wrong message to the industry.

I initially wasn't going to preorder, but let's be honest.  It's Rockstar.  Looking at the specifications and the screenshots, it'll probably perform fine.

What is it about the screenshots that tells you it will be fine? Was there something you could see in the GTA IV screenshots that let you know it will run badly?

I'm all for delays to make games run better/add more content. I love Witcher games, I wasn't happy but I didn't complain because CDPR handled their delays properly. They announced both delays way ahead of the launch dates and no platform was given launch priority. R* on the other hand, gave consoles absolute priority (just like Witcher, GTA was a PC born franchise) and they waited until two weeks before announced PC launch dates to delay again...twice.

For the record, I'm a GTA fan too, I completely avoided GTA V all this time to see it on PC. Like a fellow gamer said, I don't even know what the loading screen looks like.

I'm not preordering, I didn't even preorder Witcher 3 and that may have been the game to make an exception for. 

I'll wait for port reports first, like I said I'm a GTA fan so I'll pay full price though R*'s treatment of PC probably doesn't deserve it. Some people have more integrity than I do, they'll wait til it drops to under $30, which IMO is a fair price to pay with consideration for the way PC was treated.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

I'm not condoning piracy or anything... But maybe someone will crack it before the 14th. God, I preordered this, but I just can't wait for it to be finally out! (just joking, of course :P )

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

Pre Order is bad for you mkay?

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2