GTAV PC Digital Pre-Load Information

TwistedDictator

DVD or Key?

key

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Uhm, i bought it for 60% less than the Steam price.

Cool. I don't count those gray-market sites like G2A or Kinguin though. Not to mention we're from entirely different regions.

Interesting, maybe some people feel they are at risk to spontaneously combust if they don't get to play games the very hour they launch. Is the prospect of waiting a few days really that terrifying? I guess it must be, people resort to VPN's for "early access" all the time.

Never mind that poorly running games can't always be brute forced to decent performance, 4 way SLI can't help you with game save problems.

If you preorder games, don't complain about bugs and issues, those aren't glitches, those are your preorder bonuses.

Why are you so salty? You are literally getting angry because people are getting very excited to play this game. I have a group of over 10+ people that I plan to play online with and we aren't going to wait a couple of days to see if it is bug free. We have been anticipating this game for a really long time so what is wrong with pre-ordering to get ahead of downloading the game and a decent in game bonus?

If you don't want to pre-order keep that to yourself. Stop trying to force your ideology on other people, especially in a dumbass topic like that.

Nice move. Still thats one big download xD

szis1zn.png

Most of the time that number is to keep some headroom for updates and such. I expect it to be around ~50 GB. That is still a lot though haha.

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

Most of the time that number is to keep some headroom for updates and such. I expect it to be around ~50 GB. That is still a lot though haha.

Yupp. Will leave the pc on that night lol. I hope the installer is ~50 as you said. Only have 21mbit download so not really fast.

Cool. I don't count those gray-market sites like G2A or Kinguin though. Not to mention we're from entirely different regions.

You're the one who brought them up, not me. Didn't buy from any of those.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

How large is the download, exactly?

PS4 download was 44GB's download I believe... At least thats what my friend said it was when he digitally downloaded it.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

I'm going to buy it no matter what, as well. But I'm still not going to pre-order it. Why?

When you spend your money, sends a message.

Well all the Rockstar games have been solid gold. I really don't feel they deserve a sort of punishment or whatever. It's not like they ever banked in on pre-orders and botched a game. I never ever pre-order EXCEPT from studios who've never fucked up. 

Intel 4790 K - R9 295X2 - Gigabyte Z97-SLI - Corsair Vengeance Pro Black 1866 CAL9 - Corsair HX 1000 -Samsung 850 EVO SSD - Samsung HDD - H100I - Corsair C70 - G400 Logitech - Asus VS247H - WASD custom mechanical and QCKPAD! 

Staples of LTT: Getting an 4690 K will resurrect your lost family members, AMD = More heat thus AMD = Satan. 

Well all the Rockstar games have been solid gold. I really don't feel they deserve a sort of punishment or whatever. It's not like they ever banked in on pre-orders and botched a game. I never ever pre-order EXCEPT from studios who've never fucked up. 

I pre-ordered and love GTAV so don't get me wrong but in many ways Rockstar deserves the crap they get from the PC community, just when people were starting to get over the GTAIV thing they go ahead and keep delaying V over and over again. Saying Rockstar has never fucked up is just wrong sorry :) 

I pre-ordered and love GTAV so don't get me wrong but in many ways Rockstar deserves the crap they get from the PC community, just when people were starting to get over the GTAIV thing they go ahead and keep delaying V over and over again. Saying Rockstar has never fucked up is just wrong sorry :)

Oh yeah no I meant only game content wise. Obviously if you pre-ordered and expected it to be on time you got fucked over

Intel 4790 K - R9 295X2 - Gigabyte Z97-SLI - Corsair Vengeance Pro Black 1866 CAL9 - Corsair HX 1000 -Samsung 850 EVO SSD - Samsung HDD - H100I - Corsair C70 - G400 Logitech - Asus VS247H - WASD custom mechanical and QCKPAD! 

Staples of LTT: Getting an 4690 K will resurrect your lost family members, AMD = More heat thus AMD = Satan. 

Never pre-order from Ubisoft and EA. That's my own rule. :) The last PC Game I played that was developed by rockstar was Max Payne 3, it runs smooth on low end pc, with medium to high settings. :D

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

You're the one who brought them up, not me. Didn't buy from any of those.

I just assumed that would be the case. Where did you buy it from?

Thats 2morrow ^_^ lel

CPU: AMD 5790t Motherboard: Gigabyte Forumlar XII RAM: Ah Whole set of it GPU: GTX 290x Ti Storage: Ah Ton of HDD PSU: Once it on Display(s): Well I still seeing pixels Cooling: It running COOL BRO Keyboard: *click* *click* Mouse: MORE *click* Sound: OHH DE BASEE

I just assumed that would be the case. Where did you buy it from?

Nuuvem.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

When pre-load becomes available please add the download file size to the topic, so we with slow connection know how much we gonna download :)

@TwistedDictator

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

When pre-load becomes available please add the download file size to the topic, so we with slow connection know how much we gonna download :)

@TwistedDictator

65gb

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

65gb

HDD space required (that for installed game) and download file size (raw game files before extracting and installing) are two different values. So what we have to download is goanna be smaller, we don't know how much smaller exactly. Therefore I asked u to put that in once u start pre-loading and can share with us the number u see on steam download page :)

Edit: its 59GB according to the post below. That's what I wanted.

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

The pre-load has started on steam!

You may need to restart your client though for the game libraries to refresh... (Also, its 59GB compressed)

EIg328L.png

The pre-load has started on steam!

You may need to restart your client though for the game libraries to refresh... (Also, its 59GB compressed)

EIg328L.png

Wow, 59gb ! Jesus :(

They only compressed the game by 6GB hm. Not sure if good or bad thing.

So it's a 59GB download, 60 GB installed.

4MEw0xB.jpg

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

Update:
And it's done, took just over 2 hours and 20 minutes. not to shabby.

M7Olj0g.png

Old

This could take a while.... (servers just got hit and it had dropped to below 400kbps, its back now.)

URHWOim.png 

Edited by Alexp10v2

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

CJRd5dk.jpg

Man oh man

Nice background I also like the graphs in right bottom corner :)

7.7MB/s and 8 hours ?! Thats a wrong estimate. The guy above did 8.9MB/s and got it in over 2hours.

CJRd5dk.jpg

Man oh man

I like the background. If possible could I have a link for it please? Also, how do you get the graphs in the bottom? (Rainmeter?)

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)