LGBT community

carguy86

Jxq0dNn.png.02dc2484fbe988d0b39819e94cd808d4.png

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

It can go higher than 4K and since it's just a somewhat upgraded PS2 port, it'll run on a toaster.

And yeah, 65", I like watching TV a lot. :P

PS2 games that aren't abusing fill heavy effects should run nicely on anything. Some will need a card with a ton of fill rate and bandwidth, or otherwise reworked to push effects onto the shaders instead. The PS2 had 2.4 GPixels and 48 GB/s of bandwidth to cover a 640 x 480 resolution, a pretty ridiculous amount (even more so at higher resolutions), yet no shaders to speak of. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

It can go higher than 4K and since it's just a somewhat upgraded PS2 port, it'll run on a toaster.

And yeah, 65", I like watching TV a lot. :P

Somewhere out there someone with a toaster (literately a toaster like you make toast with) just said "challenge accepted!" ?

I need to find a gf like you.  Someone who likes anime/games and won't judge me for liking them.  Or complain about me watching too much tv.  ?

1 hour ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

Jxq0dNn.png.02dc2484fbe988d0b39819e94cd808d4.png

Are you implying this is a trap (is it?) or that people get badly triggered by traps?  lol

This reminds me of a character in Log Horizon (it's an anime in case you don't know) who is a female character in the game they're stuck in but in reality it's a guy.

I was more than a little disappointed by that.  lol

She's super cute, wears an awesome outfit (Japanese music idol look), is a healer (one of my favorite classes in fantasy games), and her (his ?) personality in the game is hilarious and full of happy, fun loving, and teasing energy.  

This character is always hanging off this one guy and is looking forward to some awkward hilarity when he finds out the "girl" who's been climbing all over him is really a male.  ?

I just remembered her (his?) name is Tetra I believe.  Awesome name too. 

2 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

PS2 games that aren't abusing fill heavy effects should run nicely on anything. Some will need a card with a ton of fill rate and bandwidth, or otherwise reworked to push effects onto the shaders instead. The PS2 had 2.4 GPixels and 48 GB/s of bandwidth to cover a 640 x 480 resolution, a pretty ridiculous amount (even more so at higher resolutions), yet no shaders to speak of. 

So the PS2 was very overpowered for what it needed to run its games to their full potential?

38 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Are you implying this is a trap (is it?) or that people get badly triggered by traps?  lol

This reminds me of a character in Log Horizon (it's an anime in case you don't know) who is a female character in the game they're stuck in but in reality it's a guy.

I was more than a little disappointed by that.  lol

She's super cute, wears an awesome outfit (Japanese music idol look), is a healer (one of my favorite classes in fantasy games), and her (his ?) personality in the game is hilarious and full of happy, fun loving, and teasing energy.  

This character is always hanging off this one guy and is looking forward to some awkward hilarity when he finds out the "girl" who's been climbing all over him is really a male.  ?

Don't look too deep into a meme. You'll end up going insane. 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

2be33ae17a8ea33420acc6464608dc64.png.9c886a855b37c0f6b8f1871a19f86873.png

34 minutes ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

Don't look too deep into a meme. You'll end up going insane. 

Too late.  ? lol

4 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

So the PS2 was very overpowered for what it needed to run its games to their full potential?

In a sense, though the functionality itself was extremely basic, think Voodo or ATI rage, except scaled up a lot. 16 pixel pipelines to be exact, allowing about 2.4 GPixels of fill rate. No shaders nor multitexture ability, though the latter can be circumvented via multi pass techniques. 

The PlayStation  2 contained a 4 MB EDRAM cache next to its graphics core (same die) that was connected via 2560-bit bus. This allowed the graphics core full utility of its fill rate, however, the small size proved to be the major archilles heel. 

My eyes see the past…

48 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

In a sense, though the functionality itself was extremely basic, think Voodo or ATI rage, except scaled up a lot. 16 pixel pipelines to be exact, allowing about 2.4 GPixels of fill rate. No shaders nor multitexture ability, though the latter can be circumvented via multi pass techniques. 

The PlayStation  2 contained a 4 MB EDRAM cache next to its graphics core (same die) that was connected via 2560-bit bus. This allowed the graphics core full utility of its fill rate, however, the small size proved to be the major archilles heel. 

I think that the critical thing here is that you really can't compare a console like the PS2 to any Desktop PC. While the Xbox was built from conventional x86 components, the PS2 and basically every console before it were built from ground up with exceptionally task specific things in mind.  It certainly made consoles exceptionally interesting in the 1980's and 1990's because it was more about specific engineering rather than raw power.

I've become so un-used to how Pokémon gen I works, blegh.

1 hour ago, Zodiark1593 said:

I don't understand all the technical stuff sorry...  

The PS2 has Achilles heel type issue?  

20 minutes ago, Daring said:

I've become so un-used to how Pokémon gen I works, blegh.

Problems?    What's the problem you're having?

Just now, Bleedingyamato said:

Problems?    What's the problem you're having?

So many QOL additions in later games really improve the experience. Oh, and the massive balancing issues and the game basically being held together by duct tape due to how broken it is.

5 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I'm honestly hoping that's bait.

;) 

I think that the critical thing here is that you really can't compare a console like the PS2 to any Desktop PC. While the Xbox was built from conventional x86 components, the PS2 and basically every console before it were built from ground up with exceptionally task specific things in mind.  It certainly made consoles exceptionally interesting in the 1980's and 1990's because it was more about specific engineering rather than raw power.

I like to compare not necessarily to see which is better, but to examine the differing means used to eventually reach the same goal. I find that to be extremely interesting. 

My eyes see the past…

1 hour ago, Daring said:

So many QOL additions in later games really improve the experience. Oh, and the massive balancing issues and the game basically being held together by duct tape due to how broken it is.

QOL?    What's that?    Examples here?

How were Red/Blue/Yellow broken?  

2 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

QOL?    What's that?    Examples here?

How were Red/Blue/Yellow broken?  

Quality of Life. As an example, to use Cut you must open up the pause menu, then the Pokémon menu, then select the Pokémon with Cut and have it use Cut. Generation II on, you can simply press A at a cuttable bush to use Cut.

As for how they were broken... watch this series. It doesn't even cover all of the glitches in gen I, not even close. Hell, not even the Bulbapedia page on it is complete, and to this day, people are still finding new glitches in the games, even as we speak.

47 minutes ago, Daring said:

Quality of Life. As an example, to use Cut you must open up the pause menu, then the Pokémon menu, then select the Pokémon with Cut and have it use Cut. Generation II on, you can simply press A at a cuttable bush to use Cut.

As for how they were broken... watch this series. It doesn't even cover all of the glitches in gen I, not even close. Hell, not even the Bulbapedia page on it is complete, and to this day, people are still finding new glitches in the games, even as we speak.

The entire staff would probably be fired if the game were to be released today. 

It does go to show that apparently, you don't need QA to launch an extremely successful series that has lasted the better part of two decades. 

My eyes see the past…

5 hours ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

-snip-

I know people like this and it's quite annoying sometimes and defeats their quest for equality. Why would a gay man demand validation from anyone just to prove to someone I exist and I deserve equal rights? 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

35 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

I know people like this and it's quite annoying sometimes and defeats their quest for equality. Why would a gay man demand validation from anyone just to prove to someone I exist and I deserve equal rights? 

Exactly, but trying to act like we're special and deserve special treatment is going to lead to the reversal of equality and being treated like lessers and not equals. We are strong boys and girls, I think we can handle a few words that have been used derogatorily in the past. Words don't have power if you don't give them power. Policing thought, isn't exactly a good way to support your cause.

If you want to advocate for gay rights, how about you discuss the lack of gay rights (or many rights for that matter) in majority of middle eastern and african countries. I can guarantee you, gays here in the west don't have it nearly as bad as gays in the middle east or africa. 

Perhaps let's also stop importing people from those areas as a lot of them aren't really here to be of importance or benefit to their new country but more of a burden. A lot of them just come to the west so they don't have to work and get to suck off the government's teat and steal taxpayers money.

But if you want gays to be seen in an equal light and to be seen as what they are... Human people that just happen to like the same sex, and that they can and do live normal lives. And this I believe needs to be more portrayed in media is that gay people can and do live normal lives and that if a character is gay, they just so happen to be gay. An organic message is a lot better than the artificial message that we see in most media today that portrays gay people and makes them clearly gay and makes it known for a sort of brownie point thing for liberal and left leaning viewers.

At least as a gay person, I want someone who maybe still thinks that gay people don't deserve equal rights to know that we live normal lives just like them. And those idiots that you see on the TV and at pride parades, I'd like to think are not the majority of gays and goals of gay people. 

At least seeing some gay people realize that we don't need to have that hive mind or mob mentality that seems like it might plague the group. And that if we want to have our own opinions and not an opinion that a certain side wants us to have.  Or at least can be a big girl or boy and support their opinion with logic and evidence.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

5 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I don't understand all the technical stuff sorry...  

The PS2 has Achilles heel type issue?  

The way the PS2 goes about rendering graphics is quite robust, and remarkably simple (lacking even hardware T&L). However, repeated layering textured transparent quads (squares) in a realistic manner (without shaders) eats obscene quantities of memory bandwidth. It is for this reason that the PS2 has a pool of very high speed memory. The problem is that this memory is very expensive, and consequently, extremely limited at just 4 MB. This was probably a factor as to why pure raster based rendering has lost favor when shaders became a thing, flexibility aside.

Basically, that 4 MB must support the framebuffer, geometry, and your texture data. To circumvent this limitation to a degree, PS2 devs (the gurus) often implements multi-pass rendering techniques, where a frame is rendered multiple times with different texture data. Render one pass, swap textures, render pass two, etc. This technique allows the PS2 to simulate multitexturing, specular and even bump maps, however, this costs bandwidth, fill rate, and most importantly, precious polygon count (a three-pass scheme effectively reduces poly count to 1/3 as visible polygons are rendered three times over). Even with multi pass rendering employed, it is fairly rare for enough space in the EDRAM to remain that a full 640 x 480 framebuffer could be implemented. Most often, 512 x ~426 was used to save space.

Pixel Shaders tend to be easier, and more predictable to work with, which allowed the original Xbox to pull ahead somewhat in texture and lighting effects. However, particle effects (smoke, explosions, magic effects, etc) rely heavily upon fill rate, and texture sizes for particles tend to be very small, and as a result, the PS2 absolutely excelled in producing these effects, to such extent that not even it's successor, the PS3, can utilize the same techniques with any degree of efficiency (though vastly advanced shader hardware more than makes up for this downside).

My eyes see the past…

18 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Exactly, but trying to act like we're special and deserve special treatment is going to lead to the reversal of equality and being treated like lessers and not equals. We are strong boys and girls, I think we can handle a few words that have been used derogatorily in the past. Words don't have power if you don't give them power. Policing thought, isn't exactly a good way to support your cause.

If you want to advocate for gay rights, how about you discuss the lack of gay rights (or many rights for that matter) in majority of middle eastern and african countries. I can guarantee you, gays here in the west don't have it nearly as bad as gays in the middle east or africa. 

Perhaps let's also stop importing people from those areas as a lot of them aren't really here to be of importance or benefit to their new country but more of a burden. A lot of them just come to the west so they don't have to work and get to suck off the government's teat and steal taxpayers money.

But if you want gays to be seen in an equal light and to be seen as what they are... Human people that just happen to like the same sex, and that they can and do live normal lives. And this I believe needs to be more portrayed in media is that gay people can and do live normal lives and that if a character is gay, they just so happen to be gay. An organic message is a lot better than the artificial message that we see in most media today that portrays gay people and makes them clearly gay and makes it known for a sort of brownie point thing for liberal and left leaning viewers.

At least as a gay person, I want someone who maybe still thinks that gay people don't deserve equal rights to know that we live normal lives just like them. And those idiots that you see on the TV and at pride parades, I'd like to think are not the majority of gays and goals of gay people. 

At least seeing some gay people realize that we don't need to have that hive mind or mob mentality that seems like it might plague the group. And that if we want to have our own opinions and not an opinion that a certain side wants us to have.  Or at least can be a big girl or boy and support their opinion with logic and evidence.

This is why modern day feminists, LGBT activists, BLMers and social justice warriors have shot themselves in the foot. People have to understand that respect begets respect. If these modern day activists want true equality and respect, they should stop demanding validation and invading personal freedoms.

Let's say I'm a straight man with a loving wife and two kids and let's say we're from TX moving to CA. As a TX native, I'm not used to seeing two men holding hands in the public but I'm curious why. As the months passed, I've learned to respect their right to loving whoever they want what would happen if a SJW gay co-worker decides to grab my crotch while operating the photocopier and ask me to have sex with him to prove my support for equality? Definitely not and that homo is gonna get punched in the face and get reported to HR. 

The sad thing is that the words "racism", "misogyny", "sexism" and "homophobia" have lost their true definitions when SJWs conflate it with social issues that have nothing to do with it. Just look at the LGBT group in PA where they added black and brown colors to the LGBT flag. It's actually an insult to the memory of Gilbert Baker. SJWs also tend to do reverse racism or reverse sexism under the pretense of equality. If you're a white person, you should feel guilty of being white in order to sympathize with people of color. Some feminists would argue that a woman has the right to whatever kind of clothing she wants. I agree. But when it comes to men, men should stop wearing articles of clothing that are too revealing. So where is the equality in there?

This is why I consider the "wage gap discussion" bull crap. Is it a man's fault that he's earning more because he's working two or three jobs? One is in an office during weekdays ($20/hr) and mowing lawns or lifting heavy boxes in a courier company during weekends ($7.50/hr)? 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

xS26Iwp.thumb.png.aea8e7f0e2c37bf8a0272baf8fc56cb3.png

7 hours ago, wcreek said:

Problem with that is that the terrible treatment of one group of people isn't invalidated by the worse treatment of another group. 

Let's say you're being physically abused by your partner once a week, then you're probably not going to endure it just becuase Dave has to suffer twice a week. 

Same thing goes here. Just becuase homosexuals in the Middle East and Africa are being treated worse than homosexuals in North America, it doesn't invalidate the experience of homosexuals in North America. 

7 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

This is why modern day feminists, LGBT activists, BLMers and social justice warriors have shot themselves in the foot. People have to understand that respect begets respect. If these modern day activists want true equality and respect, they should stop demanding validation and invading personal freedoms.

With that reasoning you run into two problems: 

1. The paradox of tolerance (Or in this case: The paradox of respect)
  2. A "chicken and the egg" - situation in terms of who is to respect first and whence the respect has to comes. 

To examplify the first point, should I show respect towards the woman who at one point called me "an unwated foreign element in society" and called my then 5 year old daughter "an undesirable mixed-race subhuman"?

Or should I respect my grandfather who assisted the Nazi occupation in France with identifying and capturing jews and gypsies, disowned my mother for marrying my dad (whom he refered to as "a subhuman Aryan") and disowned both me and my sister for supposidly being mixed race?

Said in another way: Should I (or we for that matter) respect that which ultimatly seeks to destroy me?

Taken into a bigger context, then should a society respect the existence of forces that seeks to destroy it?

For example, where I live there has been quite the public debate about the islamic group Hizb Ut Tahrir. 

One one hand they are (like every other poliical group) allowed freedom of speech and freedom of assembly, but part of their politcal program is to abolish both of those freedoms. 

Essentially, what you have is a free society becoming the breeding ground for groups that seek to abolish the same free societies that allowed them to live. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

13 hours ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

IMG_20170621_173951.jpg.8b29b92cedb1106437593f9f0504d07a.jpg

Medusa Magazine's domain is registered to  one 'Elijah Adiasany', who is also the domain registrant of 'AgeOfShitlords.com'.

So congratulations those of you who are like 'Oh, well the people who thinks this...' who lack the critical thinking skills to realize that this is troll bait, you were not only trolled and are literally engaging in the exact reaction that was expected of you, but you took the bait from the owner of 'AgeOfShitlords'.  Feel proud.

Don't worry, I fully expect those who blindly took the bait to now try and argue 'Oh, but this is STILL an actual concern because blah blah blah' because it's better to convince yourself that you're making a valid point instead of just acknowledging that you're a sucker who can be easily manipulated.