LGBT community

carguy86
26 minutes ago, Urishima said:

Something to consider, fellow buggerers.

Never understood the push for gay marriage. It provides no tangible benefits, only potential negatives.

Well, this is pretty much just an argument against marriage as an instituation rather than an argument against gay marriage specifically. 

The problem with the argument raised is that being a regular couple doesn't grant you the same rights as a married couple in a lot of places. 

Thereby excluding gay and lesbians from marriage means excluding them from certain rights. 

For example, where I live a spouse have automatic rights to inheritance, while your girlfriend/boyfriend doesn't have that right. 

That's pretty much the only reason why I got married to begin with. So that my wife would have full rights to whatever I own. 

In case were weren't married I could write up a will, but that could be contested in court by my family members, leading to a long legal case and therefor uncertainty.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

1 hour ago, Urishima said:

Never understood the push for gay marriage. It provides no tangible benefits, only potential negatives.

Tax benefits.

Shared access to health and dental benefits from an employer.

To be able to make medical decisions for your spouse should they be incapacitated.

Legally sharing of property between the two.

Stuff like that, which are certainly very tangible benefits.  And I'm serious about the medical decisions thing.  If say one of the two are injured and critical medical decisions must be made, the other individual has no say, the hospital would have to seek out a blood relative to make that decision.

6 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Tax benefits.

Shared access to health and dental benefits from an employer.

To be able to make medical decisions for your spouse should they be incapacitated.

Legally sharing of property between the two.

Ok, here is the thing: We already had all of that since 2001 in the form of what is called a 'registered life partnership'. Obviously with many the pitfalls that johntheother points out about marriage.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

Just now, Urishima said:

Ok, here is the thing: We already had all of that since 2001 in the form of what is called a 'registered life partnership'. Obviously with many the pitfalls that johntheother points out about marriage, which again raises the question why anyone would take a chance on it.

You seem to be trying to shift your own opinion as to weather or not you'd want to get married and trying to use that to justify why others should be denied that which you don't desire.  That's pretty weird of you.

28 minutes ago, Nicholatian said:

I’ve been hearing through the grapevine how the de facto LTT Discord guild has been going to hell really bad since I left… and that was kinda the reason I left in the first place lmao. A few of the members there decided to label me some kind of problem member and consistently motioned to socially exclude me and shit on me all the time… and honestly I left. I asked them to stop several times, asked them what the hell happened, and never got anything but crooked answers.

Now they’re muting folks for “excessive SPAM in the #spam channel” which is a fucking laughable alibi to mute somebody for saying things in another channel that the mods don’t want people to hear. Apparently me getting a job and ceasing to tolerate being bullied by another member makes them angry! Then they can’t sit around and call me names for leaving the place because the truth has been shown. It makes so much more sense now looking back to see @Clanscorpia leaving… just wow. Boy am I glad I’m going to work, ‘cause that’s a huge waste of breath.

Wait what happened to clanscorpia

2 hours ago, Urishima said:

Something to consider, fellow buggerers.

A video who's argument is calling gays fighting for same sex marriage stupid is also stupid since it constitutes nothing more but an stawman fallacy. Furthermore, if marriage between two people of the same gender is called stupid since it demands the government to crawl back into their bedrooms, then it is safe to assume that marriage between two people of the different genders is stupid too since that involves the government as well. 

Also, I would like to add that marriage predates the Abrahamic religions and it is not just about one man and one woman. 

Edited by hey_yo_

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

6 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Maybe he was too busy praying to fight effectively?  lol

I found this a few days ago.  It seems relevant here but I'll put it in a spoiler in case it might offend anyone.  

Reveal hidden contents

image.jpeg.4a0284f4807763d2d24b420a917b8750.jpeg

It's mostly the part about don't shove your beliefs in my face part that I like.  

People who try to force their religious views on me annoy me a lot.   

Jesus said in Matthew 6:24:

“No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon (wealth). 

Right now he's a senator who passed not a single legislation, he's a pastor wannabe and he's a boxer because he gets paid so much and he simply can't let go of that affluent lifestyle. He has to realize that life isn't like Hannah Montana who can have the best of both worlds. 

5 hours ago, Volbet said:

Well, this is pretty much just an argument against marriage as an instituation rather than an argument against gay marriage specifically. 

The problem with the argument raised is that being a regular couple doesn't grant you the same rights as a married couple in a lot of places. 

Thereby excluding gay and lesbians from marriage means excluding them from certain rights. 

For example, where I live a spouse have automatic rights to inheritance, while your girlfriend/boyfriend doesn't have that right. 

That's pretty much the only reason why I got married to begin with. So that my wife would have full rights to whatever I own. 

In case were weren't married I could write up a will, but that could be contested in court by my family members, leading to a long legal case and therefor uncertainty.

How can a will be contested?  

I assume there might be requirements to ensure a will is legally binding but assuming any hoops are jumped through some douche bag relative shouldn't be able to do a damn thing.  

People have a right (or should have a right) to have their last wishes respected.  Unless clear malicious intent against a relative could be proven.  

3 hours ago, Nicholatian said:

Boy am I glad I’m going to work, ‘cause that’s a huge waste of breath.

Does that mean you heard back about that interview?

3 hours ago, Nicholatian said:

He resigned from his position as a guild moderator and left, presumably indefinitely. I don’t blame him, it’s toxic as fuck in there right now; the thought police are on full throttle. Them trying to make it some kind of safe space is just going to destroy the guild, and I’ve seen it happen before on other servers where censorship took over.

Try to tell them that, though. They won’t listen… it’s their loss though. If the members there want to ensure and make sure that their pathetic excuse of a social life is either some fake reality they constructed through intolerance, they’ve got far greater chances of destroying it entirely.

Reminds me of why I mostly stopped posting on gamefaqs' message boards and stopped entirely on their PC boards.  Too many awful jerks and worse the mods are idiots with their heads up their butts.  Seriously they're terrible.  The mods on gamefaqs don't enforce all the rules and seem to be extremely selective and biased for the ones they do.  They refuse to be rational and see reason when their bs is pointed out.  It's best to avoid them as much as possible.  

And don't dare mention the word prebuilt on their PC boards or the people there will lose it.  lol

2 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

Jesus said in Matthew 6:24:

“No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon (wealth). 

Right now he's a senator who passed not a single legislation, he's a pastor wannabe and he's a boxer because he gets paid so much and he simply can't let go of that affluent lifestyle. He has to realize that life isn't like Hannah Montana who can have the best of both worlds. 

Using the bible to call him on his bs?  I like it.  ?

How'd that POS ever get elected?

I used to watch Hannah Montana...  I'm not proud of that...  ? lol

45 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I used to watch Hannah Montana...  I'm not proud of that...  ? lol

Everybody makes mistakes. Everybody has those days...and Nobody's Perfect... 

47 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

How'd that POS ever get elected?

I'd let the late George Carlin answer that. 

IMG_5592.JPG.f80defb7adc3c8348e130c3491ae9e20.JPG

It all boils down to populism. A lot of my people think that winning a boxing match is heroism and cheering for the winner is nationalism. Fuck that. 

IMG_5593.JPG.c9cddb1ed409cc6d5c595609f2c1e7e2.JPG

If some people call me unpatriotic for having different opinions, then I'll call them out for their narcissism. I mean, what is so heroic for winning a boxing match? Did he save someone from death? No. I think the soldiers, firemen and cops are way more heroic than a man winning a boxing match. 

10 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Everybody makes mistakes. Everybody has those days...and Nobody's Perfect... 

I'd let the late George Carlin answer that. 

It all boils down to populism. A lot of my people think that winning a boxing match is heroism and cheering for the winner is nationalism. Fuck that. 

If some people call me unpatriotic for having different opinions, then I'll call them out for their narcissism. I mean, what is so heroic for winning a boxing match? Did he save someone from death? No. I think the soldiers, firemen and cops are way more heroic than a man winning a boxing match. 

You're teasing me aren't you?  ? (About Hannah Montana.)

A humble enthusiasm for one's home country isn't bad but getting carried away with it is.  Anything to do with boxing qualifies as getting carried away.

1 hour ago, Bleedingyamato said:

You're teasing me aren't you?  ? (About Hannah Montana.)

A humble enthusiasm for one's home country isn't bad but getting carried away with it is.  Anything to do with boxing qualifies as getting carried away.

And that's the problem with my people most of the time. They get carried away by the success of someone and considers it as something heroic to the point that they'll ridicule the person opponent under the guise of being nationalistic but in reality, it's nasty racism. The problem with a lot of my own people is that they decry even the smallest criticism of our culture as racism but they have no problem doing the same, hence it's just reverse racism. 

12 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Fuuuuuck my parents are PISSED that my GF is trans :c

After ever single thing you've ever about your parents in this thread my only thoughts are 'No shit. This surprises you?'  I mean, they are YOUR parents and I'm sure as hell not surprised by this, so how are you caught off guard by this?

3 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

After ever single thing you've ever about your parents in this thread my only thoughts are 'No shit. This surprises you?'  I mean, they are YOUR parents and I'm sure as hell not surprised by this, so how are you caught off guard by this?

I'm not caught off guard, I expected the worst as I always do

On 2/12/2017 at 6:31 PM, iamdarkyoshi said:

So my dad is so pissed off right now. He thinks the forums and specifically my boyfriend whom I met here have corrupted me and I'm going to die from the path I want to take.

He wants to hand write a letter to linus telling him how the forums are full of sin and evil and have corrupted his child.

Wtf

I mean.  How about this post?  Yeah, how about we focus on this post alone.  He wants to write a HAND WRITTEN letter to Linus because he thinks the forum made you gay and that you'll die from it.

In fact, the only thought that occurs to me is 'Why in the fuck would you tell them she's trans?'.  It seems like something that would only cause you ADDITIONAL problems in what is already a tumultuous home life and accomplish nothing else.

So it's been brought to my attention that a runner at GDQ set the WR for Castlevania SotN twice, but only one attempt was recorded, and that was the actual run. The previous time the runner set the WR was in the practice room, but it wasn't recorded.

So that raises the question. Does the practice room run not count, since it wasn't recorded? But the run in the actual room where GDQ is being held definitely does count, since it was recorded.

56 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

And that's the problem with my people most of the time. They get carried away by the success of someone and considers it as something heroic to the point that they'll ridicule the person opponent under the guise of being nationalistic but in reality, it's nasty racism. The problem with a lot of my own people is that they decry even the smallest criticism of our culture as racism but they have no problem doing the same, hence it's just reverse racism. 

Yeah... People like to think that only white people like me can be racist.  ?

21 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Fuuuuuck my parents are PISSED that my GF is trans :c

Why would you tell them that?  That sounds like a bad idea in most cases.

2 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

I mean.  How about this post?  Yeah, how about we focus on this post alone.  He wants to write a HAND WRITTEN letter to Linus because he thinks the forum made you gay and that you'll die from it.

In fact, the only thought that occurs to me is 'Why in the fuck would you tell them she's trans?'.  It seems like something that would only cause you ADDITIONAL problems in what is already a tumultuous home life and accomplish nothing else.

I hope that in another generation or two that most of the anti-LGBT people will die off.  That would be nice.  ?

Just now, Daring said:

So it's been brought to my attention that a runner at GDQ set the WR for Castlevania SotN twice, but only one attempt was recorded, and that was the actual run. The previous time the runner set the WR was in the practice room, but it wasn't recorded.

So that raises the question. Does the practice room attempt count? Since it wasn't recorded. But the one in the actual room where GDQ is being held definitely does count.

What's a practice room in this context?

2 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

What's a practice room in this context?

A room that Games Done Quick set up to allow participating runners to get some last-minute practice, so they can more easily memorize their strats and routes before doing the actual speedrun, and make sure everything's optimized for time. Because, remember, in a speedrun, time really matters.

The Luigi's Mansion run from tonight missed the world record by 40 seconds. Just think about that.

1 minute ago, Daring said:

A room that Games Done Quick set up to allow participating runners to get some last-minute practice, so they can more easily memorize their strats and routes before doing the actual speedrun, and make sure everything's optimized for time. Because, remember, in a speedrun, time really matters.

The Luigi's Mansion run from tonight missed the world record by 40 seconds. Just think about that.

Ah.  

Well in general I'd say if a run wasn't recorded it may as well have never happened since there's no proof and the person could be lying.  To many dishonest people out there in the world to trust that someone just happened to set a record an extra time but didn't record it.  

Besides if they set a record that was recorded does it really matter if they didn't record the first time?

I think I've played Luigi's Mansion but not very much and nowhere near finishing.  

I have beat the 3DS sequel though.  

4 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Well in general I'd say if a run wasn't recorded it may as well have never happened since there's no proof and the person could be lying.  To many dishonest people out there in the world to trust that someone just happened to set a record an extra time but didn't record it.

There were other runners and GDQ staff in the practice run that witnessed it, though.

Besides if they set a record that was recorded does it really matter if they didn't record the first time?

I guess not. Dr4gonBlitz, the runner, still gets to claim the WR for SotN, though, since his second WR run was recorded.

I think I've played Luigi's Mansion but not very much and nowhere near finishing.  

I have beat the 3DS sequel though.

You should definitely play through it. It's a GameCube classic.

4 minutes ago, Daring said:

There were other runners and GDQ staff in the practice run that witnessed it, though.

I guess not. Dr4gonBlitz, the runner, still gets to claim the WR for SotN, though, since his second WR run was recorded.

You should definitely play through it. It's a GameCube classic.

Other people can lie too.  Not saying they have to or would but that it's possible.  

Plus you know there'd be people just itching to go full asshole on a claim like setting unrecorded record.  

I'd say it's impressive enough to say he finished a Castlevania game.  Those are some awesome games but the ones I've played I could never complete because either they were too hard or I was that bad at them.  ?

Pretty sure I know where the disc is.  ?

You want a true blue classic though?  Skies of Arcadia Legends.  I love that game to death.  ?    (To death?  That's the expression right?)

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I'd say it's impressive enough to say he finished a Castlevania game.  Those are some awesome games but the ones I've played I could never complete because either they were too hard or I was that bad at them.  ?

Keep in mind the category he holds WR in is glitchless any%, so he wasn't allowed to exploit glitches. Just the game's movement mechanics.

He still managed to beat the previous glitchless any% WR by 2 minutes, according to speedrun.com.

4 minutes ago, Daring said:

Keep in mind the category he holds WR in is glitchless any%, so he wasn't allowed to exploit glitches. Just the game's movement mechanics.

He still managed to beat the previous glitchless any% WR by 2 minutes, according to speedrun.com.

Doesn't that make the record even more impressive?

Could you show me links to the playthrough for these two games?  I might like to watch them later.