LGBT community

carguy86
6 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

It starts okay but ruined by incest. 

I suppose.  I'd have to watch it and see for myself if it would bother me enough to say the series is ruined by it.  

8 minutes ago, KingCry said:

I'm in a very weird spot with my life so I come and go alot and am pretty silent for the most part. I know to much about anime and to much about cars now vs tech. Oreimo is pleb teir watch KissxSis and KissxSis TV

I don't know nearly as much about techie stuff as most people on LTT but it's still nice to be around here.  

6 minutes ago, KingCry said:

I'm in a very weird spot with my life so I come and go alot and am pretty silent for the most part. I know to much about anime and to much about cars now vs tech and spelling. Oreimo is pleb teir watch KissxSis and KissxSis TV

Fixed because grammar nazi.

8 minutes ago, Daring said:

I'd care more about overclocking tbh

Honestly, even the 4790K doesn't clock much past it's 4.4 GHz Turbo. I've considered getting one myself even with the locked board as it has a 400 MHz advantage over the locked part, though it is pretty stupidly expensive right now.

9 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I suppose.  I'd have to watch it and see for myself if it would bother me enough to say the series is ruined by it.  

You may also try Ouran High School Host Club for something more light hearted.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Just now, Zodiark1593 said:

Honestly, even the 4790K doesn't clock much past it's 4.4 GHz Turbo. I've considered getting one myself even with the locked board as it has a 400 MHz advantage over the locked part, though it is pretty stupidly expensive right now.

Well, it's not like it matters right now; I tried overclocking my RAM to 1866MHz and now it won't POST.

I'll try fixing it later -w-

2 hours ago, Daring said:

Well, it's not like it matters right now; I tried overclocking my RAM to 1866MHz and now it won't POST.

Trying to get every last drop I see. From what I understand, Haswell doesn't benefit from faster RAM like the Lake twins, and especially Ryzen.

Haswell i3/5 users are in an odd spot it seems. A platform upgrade doesn't make a lot of sense unless you need additional cores due to the cost of DDR4, but at the same time, it is also absurdly expensive to get an i7 for this gen.

My eyes see the past…

Just now, Zodiark1593 said:

Trying to get every last drop I see. From what I understand, Haswell doesn't benefit from faster RAM like the Lake twins, and especially Ryzen.

Haswell i3/5 users are in an odd spot it seems. A platform upgrade doesn't make a lot of sense unless you need additional cores due to the cost of DDR4, but at the same time, it is also absurdly expensive to get an i7 for this gen.

Ehh, I've found some relatively affordable 4790Ks on eBay. I just need to make sure the seller's reputable first before I buy though~

Just now, Daring said:

Ehh, I've found some relatively affordable 4790Ks on eBay. I just need to make sure the seller's reputable first before I buy though~

I see a couple of i7-4790S for less than $200. Even with the base clock drop, some mobos should still be able to force the 4.0 GHz boost clock across all cores. Provided they're legitimate, they look much better on the $/perf scale than does the 4790K.

My eyes see the past…

6 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

And here I've heard that the only reason Skylake was better (other than clockspeed) was because of the faster memory... that it wasn't really any meaningful change in IPC

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Zodiark1593 said:

I see a couple of i7-4790S for less than $200. Even with the base clock drop, some mobos should still be able to force the 4.0 GHz boost clock across all cores. Provided they're legitimate, they look much better on the $/perf scale than does the 4790K.

I'm seeing some 4790Ks in the $200 price range, which is what I bought my 4690K for back in 2014. When I get Ninetales back up, and I have the money, I'll definitely look into getting something like that.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

And here I've heard that the only reason Skylake was better (other than clockspeed) was because of the faster memory... that it wasn't really any meaningful change in IPC

Interesting bit of trivia. Though Haswell was largely regarded as a the usual incremental improvement over Ivy (aside from AVX2), performance in emulation tasks had increased by approximately 30% per clock over it's predecessor.

2 minutes ago, Daring said:

I'm seeing some 4790Ks in the $200 price range, which is what I bought my 4690K for back in 2014. When I get Ninetales back up, and I have the money, I'll definitely look into getting something like that.

When I built my system, I was able to get my board for quite a bit less than the listed price, which is why I went with a locked board. I bought the CPU (i5-4590) for less than $200 as well. My primary regret with the system was the lack of any Nvidia card (CUDA needed) between the GTX 960 and the 970. And the PSU is kind of potato, but considering the power draw, I'm not concerned.

My eyes see the past…

4 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

When I built my system, I was able to get my board for quite a bit less than the listed price, which is why I went with a locked board. I bought the CPU (i5-4590) for less than $200 as well. My primary regret with the system was the lack of any Nvidia card (CUDA needed) between the GTX 960 and the 970. And the PSU is kind of potato, but considering the power draw, I'm not concerned.

I did my research before buying parts. Even when buying parts, I still researched shit.

I was originally going for a FX-6350 with an Asus 990FX motherboard, GTX 760 2GB, 8GB Corsair DDR3 RAM, a 650W Seasonic power supply, a water cooler and a Fractal Define R4. Between the initial parts list in February and final build in November, only the GPU stayed the same.

1 minute ago, Daring said:

I did my research before buying parts. Even when buying parts, I still researched shit.

I was originally going for a FX-6350 with an Asus 990FX motherboard, GTX 760 2GB, 8GB Corsair DDR3 RAM, a 650W XFX power supply, a water cooler and a Fractal Define R4. Between the initial parts list in February and final build in November, only the GPU and PSU stayed the same.

I was kind of already in the tech community, so I largely had an idea of what the core components of the build will consist of. After receiving my 960 (bought for $165 nearly two years ago) Kept an eye out for a couple of deals at the local Fry's here, then proceeded to pull the trigger and snapped up everything else I needed with all haste. (this was my first build for myself as well).

I do plan on adding an M.2 drive of some sort for PS2 iso files and a couple other games, and maybe adding another couple TBs of HDD. For some reason, running an iso file off the HDD causes occasional stutter, and putting it on the SSD alleviates that.

My eyes see the past…

2 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

I was kind of already in the tech community, so I largely had an idea of what the core components of the build will consist of. After receiving my 960 (bought for $165 nearly two years ago) Kept an eye out for a couple of deals at the local Fry's here, then proceeded to pull the trigger and snapped up everything else I needed with all haste. (this was my first build for myself as well).

I do plan on adding an M.2 drive of some sort for PS2 iso files and a couple other games, and maybe adding another couple TBs of HDD. For some reason, running an iso file off the HDD causes occasional stutter, and putting it on the SSD alleviates that.

I've been in the tech community more or less since I was a kid. Most of what I know I taught myself tho

18 minutes ago, Daring said:

I've been in the tech community more or less since I was a kid. Most of what I know I taught myself tho

When I was a teenager, it was fixing a virus on the parent's pc before they got home that got me started. My sister was watching anime, then something happened and the PC would no longer boot into Windows. The only question that was asked was why the desktop background was different. Before that point, I didn't know much about computers. 

Right after that point, my nose was in encyclopedias and whatever computer related book I could get ahold of. If you've ever watched Serial Experiments Lain, you'd probably get the idea as to my obsessive researching when I'm fixated on something. 

My eyes see the past…

5 hours ago, KingCry said:

I'm in a very weird spot with my life so I come and go alot and am pretty silent for the most part. I know to much about anime and to much about cars now vs tech. Oreimo is pleb teir watch KissxSis and KissxSis TV

Do you have top 10 anime suggestions? 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

6 hours ago, Tibbles said:

Corporations have no decency.

Some more than others.  But yeah generally they are lacking in that area.  

11 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

You may also try Ouran High School Host Club for something more light hearted.

Light hearted in general or light hearted incest?    Sorry.  Just wanted to check since incest was being discussed.  

11 hours ago, Daring said:

I hope you're able to fix it quickly.  

8 hours ago, Daring said:

I thought you'd already found a few sellers that you were ready to buy from?

7 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

I'm curious, was there a specific reason you were interested in a card between a 960 and 970?

7 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Does it need to be an M.2 or would a sata SSD world also?

M.2 is a cool form factor but sata is cheaper so it might be preferable to consider unless M.2 SSDs would be required for some reason.  

After six years I'm finally replacing my Acer Aspire 5750 laptop.  It's served me well but it's my Birthday and I found an open box deal.

...This also means that I can disassemble my Aspire 5750 and use it's CPU, RAM, and SSD to power the Socket G2 ITX mobo I picked up off eBay and do my first ITX build!  Woo! :D

http://www.advantech.com/products/68ccaea2-9ff5-4f85-97f2-3d11244b0a08/aimb-272/mod_15a5f387-eec8-48b5-863e-59c41953ff70

It'll be an i7 2630QM powered SFF build. :D

12 hours ago, Daring said:

The stutter in this makes me think of something. That something being I need to replace this fucking 4690K.

ew quickplay :)

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k @4.3ghz, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @2400mhz, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 , Case: Corsair 300R, Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD, WD 1TB Black HDD, WD 2TB HDD PSU: Evga SuperNova 750 G2, Display: ASUS VG248QE @144hz, Cooling: Cooler Master V8 GTS, Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum, Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed, Sound: Phillips SHP9500 + VModa Boom Pro, Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  •  

8 hours ago, Tibbles said:

Corporations have no decency.

aXm3142xjU.jpg

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

After six years I'm finally replacing my Acer Aspire 5750 laptop.  It's served me well but it's my Birthday and I found an open box deal.

...This also means that I can disassemble my Aspire 5750 and use it's CPU, RAM, and SSD to power the Socket G2 ITX mobo I picked up off eBay and do my first ITX build!  Woo! :D

http://www.advantech.com/products/68ccaea2-9ff5-4f85-97f2-3d11244b0a08/aimb-272/mod_15a5f387-eec8-48b5-863e-59c41953ff70

It'll be an i7 2630QM powered SFF build. :D

Today's your birthday?    Happy birthday!  ?

What's the new laptop you're getting?

There's desktop motherboards that can use laptop parts or you'll be modding a case to use the parts from your current laptop in it?

8 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Today's your birthday?    Happy birthday!  ?

What's the new laptop you're getting?

There's desktop motherboards that can use laptop parts or you'll be modding a case to use the parts from your current laptop in it?

I don't know why you're asking about motherboards, I literally linked to the motherboard in question. it's Socket G2, which is the socket used on Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge laptops.  They're mostly built for embedded but high powered systems, which is why they have no USB3, but have 2 Ethernet, 4 COM ports and even an LVDS connector.  But I'll adapt it for desktop usages, ITX is ITX.  And it has a big PCIE 2.0 16x slot so I'll be able to attach any GPU I want.

Also I got it on eBay like 9 months ago and I've NEVER tested it out. >_>

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

I don't know why you're asking about motherboards, I literally linked to the motherboard in question. it's Socket G2, which is the socket used on Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge laptops.  They're mostly built for embedded but high powered systems, which is why they have no USB3, but have 2 Ethernet, 4 COM ports and even an LVDS connector.  But I'll adapt it for desktop usages, ITX is ITX.  And it has a big PCIE 2.0 16x slot so I'll be able to attach any GPU I want.

Also I got it on eBay like 9 months ago and I've NEVER tested it out. >_>

I'm sorry.  I forgot to look at the link..

You got the motherboard for this itx build but didn't test it?  I'm guessing because you didn't have anything to test it with?

Just now, Bleedingyamato said:

I'm sorry.  I forgot to look at the link..

You got the motherboard for this itx build but didn't test it?  I'm guessing because you didn't have anything to test it with?

Basically since the only CPU that'd run in it was buried inside my laptop so yeah, it's untested... And it's been WAY too long to get a refund if it's DOA.  But now I have this laptop coming in, I can disassemble my Aspire 5750, keep the core components and probably sell the motherboard and screen on eBay to people seeking spare parts.

http://www.ncix.com/detail/asus-laptop-f556ua-uh71-i7-7500u-8gb-4e-140451.htm?promoid=1206

37 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Basically since the only CPU that'd run in it was buried inside my laptop so yeah, it's untested... And it's been WAY too long to get a refund if it's DOA.  But now I have this laptop coming in, I can disassemble my Aspire 5750, keep the core components and probably sell the motherboard and screen on eBay to people seeking spare parts.

http://www.ncix.com/detail/asus-laptop-f556ua-uh71-i7-7500u-8gb-4e-140451.htm?promoid=1206

I looked at the link for the motherboard you'd bought.  I'm confused, that appears to be a desktop ITX motherboard but it uses a laptop CPU?

That's the new laptop you're getting?    For general use stuff like web browsing that should be pretty good.  I hope it works well for you.  ?