Torrent promising huge amounts of leaked data is now live

has anyone read Digital Fortress by Dan Brown?   , semi- similar situation

Energy can not be created nor destroyed, just converted to a different Type of energy.
My blog: T3Krant.blogspot.com

it cannot possibly take that long, i bet there is a easier way to crack encryption besides brute force, also when someone downloads it, 

try this password: password

that would be so troll if that was it, lol

Energy can not be created nor destroyed, just converted to a different Type of energy.
My blog: T3Krant.blogspot.com

Yeah, so the requirements are Google fiber, 2tb of storage, and a powerful gpu. Anyone fit those requirements? :P

-Google fibre ... yea :P *downloads :D

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

btwm while his website is down here is the torrent info if anyone is interested in getting it also

Oh and if you are not sure how to use this info, open torrent client, file and add torrent from link and paste this link in there

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:49CFFEF10E396E9DB7DE4FF4E244EC602C8A8BA9&dn=insurance.aes256&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.ccc.de%3a80%2fannounce
Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

it cannot possibly take that long, i bet there is a easier way to crack encryption besides brute force, also when someone downloads it, 

try this password: password

that would be so troll if that was it, lol

Or watch it be the name of the torrent.

Ya this would take days to download. just crazy. 

Linus...

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Linus...

?

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

?

He probably has some crazy 1 gigabyte per second download speed or something.

!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

He probably has some crazy 1 gigabyte per second download speed or something.

Nah, you werent around when they were hosting the forum were you? Then you would know how "good" there internet was :D

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

Nah, you werent around when they were hosting the forum were you? Then you would know how "good" there internet was :D

Nope I just joined the forum like a 2 weeks ago.

Nope I just joined the forum like a 2 weeks ago.

Ya if you were around then, you would know how "good" it was. 

I actually found that kinda funny :P

*watching live stream*

"and we are going good haven't had a crash in 2 weeks.."

*everyone visits forum*

.....and it's down.. :P

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

Ya if you were around then, you would know how "good" it was. 

Jeez do you always have the forum open on another monitor or something.

I actually found that kinda funny :P

*watching live stream*

"and we are going good haven't had a crash in 2 weeks.."

*everyone visits forum*

.....and it's down.. :P

Omg that was hilarious.

Jeez do you always have the forum open on another monitor or something.

No but most of the time :D

Omg that was hilarious.

No but most of the time :D

lol

119 days @ 4 MB/s? On my 3 Mb connection it'd take 99, mine is far slower than yours.

1.7TB = 1700GB = 1,700,000MB

1,700,000 MB / 4MB/s = 425,000 seconds

425,000 / 60 = 7083.34 minutes

7083.34 / 60 = 118.06 hours

118.06 / 24 = 4.92 days

= 5 days

So yes, my calculations were off (I forgot to divide by the hours in a day), I had done them on my phones calculator.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

It's likely a large heavily encrypted dummy file :)

I'll download anyways just because I can. Even if it's fake or the password never gets cracked/released I'd still like to download the largest file I've ever seen heh. I've also got several free TB of storage on my raid array so why not.

Perhaps we turn some of those bitcoin hashing miners towards brute forcing the password.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Honestly I totally would....however my HDD is only 750 gigs total. So I couldn't even fit half :( 

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

I would download it if I did not live in the USA. How many of the seeders are actually feds?

:) I'm sort of joking, because I'd totally download it if I had almost 2tb free on any single drive. Someone needs to get it, decrypt it and post a torrent of the more useful parts.

I also just started downloading. I will try the "password" that was suggested in the original post once finished downloading and keep an eye out for other suggestions. Oh boy, this may take a while...

sysloc

I'm curious now... Wonder if the file actually contains what they say it does..... Still, only one way to find out I guess.

Does anyone have some password breaking tools. I had one but it melted my CPU and GPU quicker than you could turn it off. It wasn't too bad it was only a 560tI and some old intel CPU though.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

1.7TB = 1700GB = 1,700,000MB

1,700,000 MB / 4MB/s = 425,000 seconds

425,000 / 60 = 7083.34 minutes

7083.34 / 60 = 118.06 hours

118.06 / 24 = 4.92 days

= 5 days

So yes, my calculations were off (I forgot to divide by the hours in a day), I had done them on my phones calculator.

1.7 TB = 1,740.8 GB = 1,782,580 MB

1,782,580 MB / 4MB/s = 445,645 seconds

445,645 / 60 = 7427.42 minutes

7427.42 / 60 = 123.79 hours

123.79 / 24 = 5.16 days

= 5 days

That's a bit of difference imo. By like 5-6 hours. Or about 3-4% which is noticeable.

If you are wondering why I corrected you, 1TB = 1024GB, 1GB = 1024MB and so on, which adds up if you convert more than 1 size or with large (greater than 10) numbers.

.... Grammar Nazi of the math world.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.