The GPU Overclocking Database

Cobalt

Great idea! Thumbs up : )

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

Make sure to give us your thoughts guys! Cobalt and I are very excited for this project :). Not to advertise threads or anything, but I'm planning the same thing in the CPU section of the forums. Drop by my thread and give me a vote or two, or a response. Lets try to get this stickied and make this a very large and useful database! 

Cheers,

MeltyMoon

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

Really good idea.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Nice, i'll submit mine tonight.

Maybe you can add a "Remark" column.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Just submitted mine :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Keep submitting into the DB guys! This looks like this could get big fast :)

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

Powerd by Google to keep track of all your personal info LOL.

Antec 100, Msi 870 G45, Asus Xonar DGX, Creative Inspire T10 2.0, Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D, 4gb Corsair ram, Gigabyte HD 7850, AMD Phenom II x4 B55 @ 3.6Ghz, Cooler Master Hyper 212+, 500GB WD Caviar Black, Cooler Master RX 460, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw

Powerd by Google to keep track of all your personal info LOL.

Personal info?? could you go more deeply please. The only personal thing I can think about is the username, but even that is optional.

But as i said, could you go more deeply please??

i submitted my card too if you need help with validations i can help you

ALSO not every overclocking method is same for example my card is fully stable in furmark for more than 6 hours but when it comes to unigine heaven 4 hell it wont even complete a benchmark you should have an standart such as 4 unigine engine benchmarks with each benchmark's results screenshot 

Edited by Levent

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just submitted my overclock with my EVGA GTX 650Ti. Hope someone can find it helpful. I got a 12% increase in performance according to average framerate in Heaven 4.0. The card ran at only 72°C in Heaven 4.0, but I have a fan on a side panel, which helps a lot. During Battlefield 3 the temperatures are around 60°C. Pretty sweet. :-)

MSI Z77MA-G45; Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.0GHz with stock cooler (75°C max. in Prime95); Corsiar Vengeance 2x4GB @ 1600MHz CL9; EVGA GTX 650Ti SSC 2GB GDDR5 @ stock; Samsung 840 120GB (15s boot time); WD Green 500GB; Corsair CX430; Corsair 350D; BenQ RL2455HM (best gaming 60Hz monitor); Logitech G400 mouse; Logitech K120 keyboard; Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

i submitted my card too if you need help with validations i can help you

ALSO not every overclocking method is same for example my card is fully stable in furmark for more than 6 hours but when it comes to unigine heaven 4 hell it wont even complete a benchmark you should have an standart such as 4 unigine engine benchmarks with each benchmark's results screenshot

Thanks for the offer Levent, but that database isn't seen much action, we can handle it for now, if we need help on the future, make sure we'll call

Also, the original purpose of the DB is to have people submit their own results the way they do it and the way it works for them, standardizing really is not on the plans, people can always consult and check if some OC works with only with Furmark and crashes with Unigine Heaven and some other works w Furmark and Heaven, and with that info the first guy might compare clocks and find a more stable voltaje or clock that also works for him. That way he may find more suitable settings even though his worked mostly ok.

Variety equates to more information, and information is power :)

I think I got lucky when I overclocked, I went too high but the only repercussion was my nvidia drivers crashing which was fixed by restarting and because I went too high MSI Afterburner reset the speeds to stock.

I do support this idea though :)

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

http://i.imgur.com/4wyliKK.jpg

That's my overclock, I've been using it since I had the card. Looks rock stable. Might be able to get a a bit more but would have to spend more time. Probably will once I get haswell in my pc.

http://i.imgur.com/4wyliKK.jpg

That's my overclock, I've been using it since I had the card. Looks rock stable. Might be able to get a a bit more but would have to spend more time. Probably will once I get haswell in my pc.

Care filling the entry form?? https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1JRtSc8imZJ1J21T0bn99wP6BZbYf_uUbfMhPX4Y7LbE/viewform

Its right there, takes two minutes of your time and you can add any notes about it that you want

Ok, I have my links to screenshots of my GTX 650Ti in a stresstest and a screenshot of the card.

Will you fix the links please, Cobalt? Or do I have to do a new entry so you can delete the other one?

Either way, here are the links so you can fix them if you want.

Here is my card when running Heaven 4.0. (Sorry for the quality. I hope you can read it.)

http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/211-gtx-650ti-being-stresstested/

And here is my card in my rig.

http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/210-gtx-650ti-in-my-rig/

I'm sorry for not including them in the form.

MSI Z77MA-G45; Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.0GHz with stock cooler (75°C max. in Prime95); Corsiar Vengeance 2x4GB @ 1600MHz CL9; EVGA GTX 650Ti SSC 2GB GDDR5 @ stock; Samsung 840 120GB (15s boot time); WD Green 500GB; Corsair CX430; Corsair 350D; BenQ RL2455HM (best gaming 60Hz monitor); Logitech G400 mouse; Logitech K120 keyboard; Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Ok, I have my links to screenshots of my GTX 650Ti in a stresstest and a screenshot of the card.

Will you fix the links please, Cobalt? Or do I have to do a new entry so you can delete the other one?

Either way, here are the links so you can fix them if you want.

Here is my card when running Heaven 4.0. (Sorry for the quality. I hope you can read it.)

http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/211-gtx-650ti-being-stresstested/

And here is my card in my rig.

http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/210-gtx-650ti-in-my-rig/

I'm sorry for not including them in the form.

Don't worry Michal, you can put them here or send the entry again, but since you posted them here already I'll change the data as soon as you want.

I also have another think to ask to you guys, please spread the word around the forum so that your help does not become dust, so that the original intention of the database can be fulfilled and this can become a useful tool for current and future geeks and system builders.

Thanks for your help guys 

Don't worry Michal, you can put them here or send the entry again, but since you posted them here already I'll change the data as soon as you want.

I also have another think to ask to you guys, please spread the word around the forum so that your help does not become dust, so that the original intention of the database can be fulfilled and this can become a useful tool for current and future geeks and system builders.

Thanks for your help guys 

Ok, thanks. :)

And yesterday I bought a SSD so I have installed everything again and I found my OC crashing, but than I realized I forced constant voltage in MSI Afterburner before, so the volatge wouldn't be jumping around. So if there is some way to add this little note or something like that, that would be great. Because if I don't force the voltage will be in a rage between 1087 and 1112 mV and when it for some reason dips to 1087 mV, it crashes. Other option would be to just add another 12 mV to voltage to shift the range of voltage to 1100 - 1125 mV. Do what you think is better and again I'm sorry for complicating things. ;)

Ok, thanks. :)

And yesterday I bought a SSD so I have installed everything again and I found my OC crashing, but than I realized I forced constant voltage in MSI Afterburner before, so the volatge wouldn't be jumping around. So if there is some way to add this little note or something like that, that would be great. Because if I don't force the voltage will be in a rage between 1087 and 1112 mV and when it for some reason dips to 1087 mV, it crashes. Other option would be to just add another 12 mV to voltage to shift the range of voltage to 1100 - 1125 mV. Do what you think is better and again I'm sorry for complicating things. ;)

You seem to read my mind Michal, we at the managament just had an idea for this.

Basically, we want every particpant to submit into this thread a post where they describe their system, specs, airflow, anything that may affect the overclocking you achieved and the way you achieved that in a way that numbers alone can't. It is all optional of course, you can also add any game numbers, benchamark results, which crash and which not, and basically everything you feel confortable with that can give a deep overview of your OC.

Complementing the entries in the database here is all the information about the test system I was running the overclocks and benchmarks on.

Powercolor Radeon HD 7970 (reference design) with ArcticCooling Accelero Xtreme 7970 aftermarket cooler OVERCLOCK

Test system:
CPU: Intel core i5-3570k @ 4.4GHz (1.25V)
MB: AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional-M
RAM: 2 x 4 GB G.Skill RipjawsX 1600MHz 9-9-9-24
PSU: Corsair CX500
Cooler: H80 with stock fans @ 5 V (~ 1000rpm) (only exhaust)
Storage: Crucial M4 128 GB (boot), Western Digital 1.5 TB external drive (games, programms)
Case: Sharkoon T28 with stock front fans (2 x 120mm) @ 5V (intake)
GPU: see above
Drivers: Catalyst 13.5 Beta 2
Overclocking programm: MSI Afterburner
Stability Test: MSI Kombustor (hairy donut)
Resolution: 1920x1080 @ 60Hz

History of the card: So to go a bit into detail, I bought this card about 2 month after the 7000 series launch and I was pretty happy with it until I wanted to overclock. Eventhough I could push the core clock to 1250MHz, I was very annoyed with the loud reference design cooler. So I spent 50 bucks to get the ArcticCooling Accelero Xtreme 7970. Sadly the first one I got, had a damaged thread, so the screws would not hold this heavy cooler on the PCB. So I had to remount the reference cooler for about 2 weeks until I got the replacement unit. After the cooler was finally fitted successfully, I could not overclock the card to more than 1230MHz on the core. The reason for that might have been, that maybe the PCB got bent a bit and tracors/soldered connections got damaged slightly. So I went for a stable 24/7 overclock with 1200 MHz on the core with 1200 mV and 1750 MHz on the memory with 1600 mV (stock). The card was practically inaudible and it ran very stable and cool at 65°C under full load.
After I got my Yamakasi Catleap Q270B OC edition monitor (1440p, 120Hz) the card struggled to deliver constantly more than 60 FPS on ultra in AAA titles lika Battlefield 3 or newer CryEngine 3 games. As high and stable framerates are very important to me, I decided to get a second 7970 (Asus DC2). Running these to monster tripple slot card that needed actual supporting hardware to keep them from ripping off the pcie slots, was an real unique experienc, to say so. Unfortunately the DC2 card which is a dedicated oc card with voltage measurement points and all that fancy stuff only overclocked to 1050 MHz core. So I clocked the Powercolor one dow and ran them in Crossfire for about a week.
In that time I tried really hard to fix the problems I had. Framedrops and micro stuttering made any game at any graphics settings unplayable. In the end I just sent the Asus card back and got my money back and because I really wanted (needed) a dual GPU config to run 60+ FPS at 1440p, I went with the green team and got my self an Asus GeForce GTX 680 4GB and tried to sell the 7970. After a huge mess with trying to sell it on ebay, I just kept it as a spare card, if I needed one for a client build or something like that.
Now as this whole GPU OC DB thing came up, I took it out of the shelf chucked it into my test rig and did some testing:

Overclock:
For some reason the card just drops the voltage at 70°C, no matter what settings I use in Afterburner or Kombustor, at 70°C it just gets unstable and drops the volts so it clocks down and GPU usage drops to 67%. Maybe the tracors or the VRM got damaged, or it just did not like sitting in the bookshelf for half a year.
Anyways I adjusted the fan curve, so that the card hits 65°C max until the fans ramp up to 100%, also comprimising some voltage and core clock (1175MHz, 1150mV), to keep the card cool and from getting unstable under load.
Due to the very large, powerful, silent and basically awesome cooler, even with the more agressive fan settings, it remains very quiet, even after long gaming sessions. And all that said, the achieved overclock is still pretty respectable, I think.

Benchmarks:
I ran MSI Kombustor for 10 minutes to verify stability rudimantary. I was always pretty safe with that method, having no card crash or getting unstable in any application I ran after that 10 minutes of intense stress testing.

7970ocstability.png

To start with the pre-canned benchmarks:
(I forgot to set the language to english, so you see german menus)

3DMark 11 Performance:
79703dmark11p.png

3DMark 11 Extreme:
79703dmark11x.png

3DMark Vantage Performance:

79703dmarkvantagep.png

3DMark Vantage Extreme:

79703dmarkvantagex.png

3DMark Firestrike:

79703dmarkfirestrikeext.png

As the drivers used are were still in beta the results could not be verified on the Futuremark website.

Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0:

7970heaven.png

Unigine Valley Benchmark 1.0:

7970valley.png

Moving on I have been running live in-game benchmarks following Slicks Benchmarking Procedure Explanation videos:

Battlefield 3 (ultra preset, no motion blur):

Avg: 98.312 - Min: 75 - Max: 136

7970bf3.png

Crysis 3 (very high texture and graphics settings, AA off):

Avg: 53.599 - Min: 37 - Max: 68

7970crysis3.png

I also made up a 2 minute benchmarking procedure for Metro 2033 (explanation video Linus style maybe still to come)

Metro 2033 (DX11, very high preset, max filters):

Avg: 51.159 - Min: 36 - Max: 78

7970metro2033.png

Metro Last Light Benchmark will be coming when Linus and SLick did their Procedure Explanation video.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Removed due to some instability issues and texture glitches in Battlefield 3.

Check the next page to see stable overclock for GTX 650Ti.

Edited by MichalCZE97

MSI GTX 670 Power Edition, spent days tinkering with BIOS settings, voltage limits, etc. Got her to stay around 1350mHz. Bounces around depending on the current load.

CPU: Intel i5-2320 @ 3.9gHz

GPU: MSI GTX 670 PE @ 1411/7387

I wanna go fast! :P