LTT Forums CPU Overclocking Database!

175+ Submissions!

Over 20,000 views!

Color ranking explanation(based on hours stress tested):

Red: Less than one hour (or just a CPU-Z Validation)

Orange: 1-3 Hours (or at least 40-50 passes with prime95)

Green: 4-6 Hours

Purple: 6+ Hours

Okay so I have a form all drawn up and in place, and it automatically adds entries to the DB spreadsheet. The form itself is fairly self explanatory, however I would happy to answer any questions that occur. If i missed something that you feel should be added to the form, (hopefully nothing blatantly obvious  :ph34r: ) let me know! I can edit the form and DB at anytime. Also i will be checking the DB spreadsheet to validate entries. If an entry comes through that doesn't match up to the photo, or if the entry comes without a photo it will be flagged yellow. This just means not verified, and it WILL stay in the DB. However if you want this flag removed pm me with your missing photo, etc and I will update your entry and remove the flag :). If you have multiple machines, or CPUs  to swap out with, please add them! Lets make this database huge! Lastly, yes I realize that my entry is not OC'd at all but that was just me testing my form. I'm only on stock atm, so when i actually have the time to tinker with my PC and have money for a cooler i may add another entry :P

Without further adieu here are your two links;

Form :https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1qqM1jDGeh_tA99PZLcRzAvETYK9R3qdu84-vK34wuSE/viewform

Database Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtYAz9JoDICbdFM3dXBaNjZPMVgzWE1jYUlZekZYc3c#gid=0

Also don't forget to share your thoughts/opinions!

Cheers,

MeltyMoon

Update 10/16: With a new Cinebench Release I would like to ask all new entries to be measured in that version of release! All old entries are fine, but can be updated if you wish to have a up to date entry :). To update your cinebench score, run the new build (which will be linked in the form) and take a screen cap of it and pm it to me!

Thanks in advance!

Update:

Just in case any of you didn't realize, my new method of letting you know if an entry has been approved or not yet is if the Intel, or AMD spaces have been matched up to the color code. If you notice that some entries haven't, don't worry about it. I'm only human and I will make sure I will update your entries the next chance I can :)

All new Haswell entries will require a main tab of cpu-z and a RAM tab of cpu-z as well. Users that do not include both will be flagged orange in their image link section. Feel free to PM me and I will update your submission if you need it revised!

Update 2: Cinebench optional tab created! I would love to see users either update their existing entries by PMing me their scores, and I would love to see all new entries include one! This way we can see how CPUs at given frequencies compete! Link to the Cinebench page is included in the submission form for your convinience :)

Example Screenshot:

21YMe8h.png

Something like this is great! Makes my life very easy :P I'm looking for:

1. CPU Load (shown through something like aida, or just the windows performance tab on the task manager)

2. CPU-Z Open on the main tab (and a CPU-Z RAM tab for Haswell entries)

3. Some sort of temperature monitoring suite

4. A stress test software (aida, prime, intel tuning utility, etc.) Something that records the total time stressed(built in for aida or intel tuning utility), or a way to show me how long the processor was in fact stressed for.

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

If I could make a suggestion to your form. Maybe you should add bios revisions, just so it would be easier to find the most stable bios. 

I am currently stress testing for temps, so i wil finish the form in about 10-20 min.  

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Ah saw this excludes turbo frequencies, may do a proper raw overclock at some point so I can add mine :P  doubt putting auto into cpu voltage would look right  ;)

Main PC: i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz Corsair H100i V2 | MSI GD65-Z77A | NZXT Tempest 410 Elite | MSI 1080Ti Gaming | Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB @ 1600Mhz | 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Seagate 2TB | Corsair RM650x

Hahaha, if its holding up your entries you can submit auto voltage for now. Or you can use a software suite at that point. You can PM me later with the updated info and I'll update your entry :)

If I could make a suggestion to your form. Maybe you should add bios revisions, just so it would be easier to find the most stable bios. 

I am currently stress testing for temps, so i wil finish the form in about 10-20 min.  

Okay! Adding that one now. 

Looks good, i'll jump on this when i get home and update it with my overclocks :)

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

i7-2600 (non K model) overclocked to 4.0 GHz (see my signature)

http://valid.canardpc.com/2807085

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

i7-2600 (non K model) overclocked to 4.0 GHz (see my signature)

http://valid.canardpc.com/2807085

I would love for you to fill out a form entry! That is a very nice overclock, and i want it added to the DB but i need you to fill out the form and make sure you include tidbits of info like the bios revision. You can find that in your mainboard tab of CPU-Z.

Here's a link to the form;

https://docs.google....34wuSE/viewform

Cheers,

MeltyMoon

This thread is awesome, but it does allow me to see everyone who got a better 3930k than me.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

If I may make a suggestion, can you add one or two RAM queries to your form?

RAM can affect OC stability. My 3930k used to be rock-solid stable at 4.6GHz when I was only running 16GB (4x4), but when I upgraded to 64GB I had to lower the multiplier down to 4.4GHz to be stable again.

This thread is awesome, but it does allow me to see everyone who got a better 3930k than me.

I've hears stories in the wild of 3930k's that OC like shit... sorry if that's your case /: Mine's pretty average.

Workstation: 3930k @ 4.3GHz under an H100 - 4x8GB ram - infiniband HCA  - xonar essence stx - gtx 680 - sabretooth x79 - corsair C70 Server: i7 3770k (don't ask) - lsi-9260-4i used as an HBA - 6x3TB WD red (raidz2) - crucia m4's (60gb (ZIL, L2ARC), 120gb (OS)) - 4X8GB ram - infiniband HCA - define mini  Goodies: Røde podcaster w/ boom & shock mount - 3x1080p ips panels (NEC monitors for life) - k90 - g9x - sp2500's - HD598's - kvm switch

ZFS tutorial

If I may make a suggestion, can you add one or two RAM queries to your form?

RAM can affect OC stability. My 3930k used to be rock-solid stable at 4.6GHz when I was only running 16GB (4x4), but when I upgraded to 64GB I had to lower the multiplier down to 4.4GHz to be stable again.

I was thinking about this, I'm currently debating whether i should add it or not. I was thinking about adding ram frequency, HT frequency, and NB frequency but i figured that it would just be too much. Anyone else have any thoughts? If a couple more people say adding ram and maybe these is a good idea, I'll gladly add it to the db :)

I would love for you to fill out a form entry! That is a very nice overclock, and i want it added to the DB but i need you to fill out the form and make sure you include tidbits of info like the bios revision. You can find that in your mainboard tab of CPU-Z.

Here's a link to the form;

https://docs.google....34wuSE/viewform

Cheers,

MeltyMoon

Will do, thanks.

Why did you boost the base clock? You have an unlocked chip.

Actually its a locked chip. Mine is the non K model.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

-

Actually its a locked chip. Mine is the non K model.

Somehow I misread that.

All I have for my best oc on my current chip is a cpuz+cinnebench screenie and a cpuz validation from the Winter holiday. I wrote down everything I changed in the bios if that's helpful at all.

Should I enter that or should I just Prime for a while and enter my current everyday clock?

All I have for my best oc on my current chip is a cpuz+cinnebench screenie and a cpuz validation from the Winter holiday. I wrote down everything I changed in the bios if that's helpful at all.

Should I enter that or should I just Prime for a while and enter my current everyday clock?

That is entirely up to you. If you want you could do 2 entries, that would be twice as helpful. In the end it's entirely up to the user as long as you meet the basic guidelines :)

I will consider two entries.

Congrats on the sticky btw!

I will consider two entries.

Congrats on the sticky btw!

Thank you! :)

Hats off to Glenwing for giving me the sticky, and I was laughing for a while when i saw the thread was stickied and saw this " :ph34r: "

I posted mine up as well. It would boot into windows at 5.4 with 1.575 Vcore, but the temps would cause the chip to become unstable. Need to see what it will do on DICE.

Glenwing is da ninja-boss, praise you master, and thanks for the sticky :D

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v