Oh Dear... Anita... What are you doing?

Jack.EXE

i'm just gonna leave this here

gzTILP2.png

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah REDUCING BUTTONS. when you already have one button do 50 things.

Well then, when is she coming up with the button to reduce the infinite buttons on women B)

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

uh, yeah, source please? i think this guy is just bullshitting, to fuel the fire.

Yeah, whatever you think about her, it's best to refrain from commenting when there's been no actual new story of this happening.

Funny tho... Sif GAMERS who are Female don't hate this shit too.

They are JUST AS competitive as us... I doubt they would even want this at all...

^Seriously...Who held a gun to your head saying visit this thread then?

If you didn't care, why post... if you were sick of the content around your forums you visit, why click the thread titles..?

Ignore it...

the speaker of truth right here

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Nothing more harming to a women's right than to assume they're stupid and give them an easier set of controls... How about we treat them like humans... which would be the same way we are treating the male gaming audience...

Ironically, she's supposedly against sexism against women. And yet, she does THIS.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I've already shared this article with a couple of female friends and relatives who frequently play games as well as other ones that spend around 6-8 hours on their PCs when they can. They think this is retarded as hell, as well as all the other crap this woman is promoting, but what bothered them the most was every time they heard the world 'women' as if Anita can refer to an entire gender she barely comprehends.

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

In other news Korea Air Chair Man's eldest daughter Cho Hyun-ah went fabulalaallalasjd#$@$%^@& after she was served nuts in a bag instead of on a plate. She was so fabulalaallalasjd#$@$%^@&, the plane was forced to turned back to the terminal as she ordered the senior flight attentent off the plane. Because of her actions over some stupid nuts, she has resigned her position as VP of Korea Air. Siince she was a passenger at that time, the Korea Gov't is investigating whether she broke any avaiation laws. If so she could face up to 10 years in prison.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/dec/9/heather-cho-korean-air-executive-resigns-over-airp/

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

You know she's not actually working for EA right? Straight from the petition's halfway update:

We are aware that Ms. Sarkeesian is not a paid spokesperson or employee of any game development company.

This petition arose primarily out of a concern that industry professionals (and the media at large.) are regarding this self proclaimed ambassador's personal opinions and poisonous rhetoric as a credible source and representation of the gamers she claims to speak for.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

I don't understand why you guys even bother talking about this nut

just stop talking about her, when you see the name take a deep breath and scroll right on along.

I don't even care about anything that she says or do, but it gets mildly irritating when I literally cannot escape this content no matter where I go.

If you want her to go away stop feeding her attention and stop driving clicks to sources featuring her.

She is "helping" in developing mirrors edge it will have a negative effect also they are a lot of people who believe that have influence on others. 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

This women is actually incredibly sexist towards women.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Anita Sarkeesian is working for EA now, and designing a "Female Control Scheme" that reduces the number of buttons needed to play the game

I don't think EA need her help, you could already play Mass Effect 3 with just the A button.

I'm not sure what to make of this thread... I'm all for equal rights between sexes, so I consider myself a feminist, which obviously means I'm totally against the idea of having a "simplified control scheme for women." But the thing is, I've been looking around, and I can't find anything more to this statement than speculation. Even in this video, he "picked up a little tidbit of the story," then proceeds to guess. Other videos I've found were simply downright offensive rants.

To be perfectly honest, I do not know much about Anita Sarkeesian, but from what I've seen, she mostly is making a positive step forward for women. As I said, I do not know much about her, so if anybody wants to help educate me with some facts, I would appreciate it.

Also a bit confused by something the OP said; "First, she presents gaming as a "men's club" of misogyny, what girl would want to join that?" This sentence seems a bit misleading to me, as Anita was talking about the state of gaming as it is now, and how it needs to be more inclusive to women. "...gaming can no longer be this little 'boys' club' anymore." Again, if anybody has actual quotes that contradict that, please educate me.

Anyway, I'll continue to look into this, and if Anita does indeed intend to simplify controls for women, then I will sign the petition. I do not intend to buy this game either way, as I do not believe in supporting EA.

I don't understand why you guys even bother talking about this nut

just stop talking about her, when you see the name take a deep breath and scroll right on along.

I don't even care about anything that she says or do, but it gets mildly irritating when I literally cannot escape this content no matter where I go.

If you want her to go away stop feeding her attention and stop driving clicks to sources featuring her.

Problems that are ignored don't simply go away.

Seriously, why?

Was watching youtube, and this protomario vid popped up.

Huh...

TL:DW

Anita Sarkeesian is working for EA now, and designing a "Female Control Scheme" that reduces the number of buttons needed to play the game

WHAT THE HELL?

Any girls out there that feel that they need a control scheme for their gender to keep up?

Any girls out there that feel that they need a handy cap?

This is blatant, first degree sexism.

First, she presents gaming as a "men's club" of misogyny, what girl would want to join that?

Now, she does this?

Does it feel good to be treated as stupid/unable?

No. No it doesn't.

Oh yeah, there's a petition too:

https://www.change.o...ame-development

And a thread on LTT for it:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266149-theres-a-petition-saying-anita-sarkeesian-should-not-help-develop-mirrors-edge-2/

This is not a repost, the post linked above does not include information of her position in the company.

So she's effectively claiming women are too stupid to use multiple buttons and games must be dumbed down for their simple minds? Anita is one of the most ironic misogynists on the planet. A radical 3rd wave nutjob being told what to say by a privileged white guy while having the nerve to claim everyone is a misogynist. This is Scientology levels of warped logic.

"Video games are sexist, so let me make it easier for women."

If I had to describe blatant sexism, this is probably it.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Problems that are ignored don't simply go away.

No, but people that are ignored go away and aren't covered by media. 

"Video games are sexist, so let me make it easier for women."

If I had to describe blatant sexism, this is probably it.

Yet Real Woman Gamers,...are super competitive and don't want help, just more competition ;)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

This women is actually incredibly sexist towards women.

I've run into her type, both men and women, many times in my life. They are compelled to be leaders, but know of no other means to do so than by finding a group of people that can be easily divided, and then assuming the role as leader for the side that suits them best. I've seen friendships, families, businesses and even lives ruined by this type of person, but sadly there's no humane way to prevent people like this from starting wars. Her arguments for female representation in gaming are bizarre and even dangerous to the movement she claims to represent.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

No, but people that are ignored go away and aren't covered by media.

Anita has too many followers for that.

Anita has too many followers for that.

I wouldn't know, I try my best to avoid this cynic's comedy

I would guess her followers aren't enough alone to make covering it profitable, it's a combination those kooks and the passionate backlash.

I'm not sure what to make of this thread... I'm all for equal rights between sexes, so I consider myself a feminist, which obviously means I'm totally against the idea of having a "simplified control scheme for women." But the thing is, I've been looking around, and I can't find anything more to this statement than speculation. Even in this video, he "picked up a little tidbit of the story," then proceeds to guess. Other videos I've found were simply downright offensive rants.

To be perfectly honest, I do not know much about Anita Sarkeesian, but from what I've seen, she mostly is making a positive step forward for women. As I said, I do not know much about her, so if anybody wants to help educate me with some facts, I would appreciate it.

Also a bit confused by something the OP said; "First, she presents gaming as a "men's club" of misogyny, what girl would want to join that?" This sentence seems a bit misleading to me, as Anita was talking about the state of gaming as it is now, and how it needs to be more inclusive to women. "...gaming can no longer be this little 'boys' club' anymore." Again, if anybody has actual quotes that contradict that, please educate me.

Anyway, I'll continue to look into this, and if Anita does indeed intend to simplify controls for women, then I will sign the petition. I do not intend to buy this game either way, as I do not believe in supporting EA.

Tell me how she is making a positive step for woman ?? Enlighten me m8.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650