Some pretty good parts for $150,
ASUS X99-A, idk why it has a server mb considering but hey
Xeon something idk yet
EVGA 750w psu
Corsair AIO
16gb 3200 ddr4 c-16
rando ssd and hardrive
ballin sound dampened nzxt case

check out the video to see it turn on, all fans spin for 2 sec, and shut off over and over

i did the pin test on the psu to test if it was that, tried booting with ram in the right spots (came to me with it in wrong), 1 stick, 0 sticks, no gpu

rn im just with cpu and mb power connected and same boot looping

i tried for a bios flashback (somehow it can do it even if the pc is off but power is on) and still the same, maybe i did the bios flashback wrong idk

really need some help to figure out the issue, and for as cheap as possible

image.thumb.jpeg.b905ab0295fcdfac0eae25ddc82cbe4a.jpeg

Bad component triggering an "Auto" shutdown/restart attempt because it only powers on for a moment (Not 2 seconds) and does it's repeated boot-loop.
Could be anything at this point but you can first try a different CPU and see if it goes.

You can also remove and reseat the RAM to see if that changes anything or just try a different set of sticks.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

tried all ram options, and no ram, so thats out

rn its just motherboard or cpu, but idk

might be worth to just upgrade both ig but anyway to figure out if its cpu or mb without swapping parts?

Get a cheap compatible cpu and swap it, if it still boot loops, it's the board. Simple as

send vid of the mobo turning on and bootlooping just to check the postcodes (below last x16 pcie slot)

buying an old build like this youd wanna save the board otherwise youd have wasted your money

1 hour ago, ng8743 said:

tried all ram options, and no ram, so thats out

When you say all RAM options - Did you try a different RAM stick(s) than what's in it already?

If that's bad, that's what you'll get anyway. Simply swapping it in and out/around isn't going to make it better if it's bad.

1 hour ago, ng8743 said:

rn its just motherboard or cpu, but idk

might be worth to just upgrade both ig but anyway to figure out if its cpu or mb without swapping parts?

It's possible but only if there is some external evidence of hardware failure such as a blown cap or MOSFET for example.
Bad caps are easy to spot, MOSFETs normally require removal of the heatsink that would be on them if they had on them in the first place to find it.

However, a different CPU is what to try beyond the RAM.

If all that doesn't do it, the board itself has a problem you'd need to find and fix or stick a fork in it - As in it's "Done".
Be sure to look the board over carefully for any scratches/gouges into it's PCB, that resulting in severed/cut circuit traces, that could be it.
However alot of the time these traces once damaged are anywhere from difficult to impossible to fix when found.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana

24 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

send vid of the mobo turning on and bootlooping just to check the postcodes (below last x16 pcie slot)

buying an old build like this youd wanna save the board otherwise youd have wasted your money

its 00 over and over, and video is linked below the image

13 minutes ago, ng8743 said:

its 00 over and over, and video is linked below the image

if it isnt the cpu then its the board in which case my go to is just deep cleaning

you take all the heatsinks off alongside the cmos battery, short powerbutton + clear cmos for a minute, then you rinse with water and either dunk in a bucket of water for an hour or 2 or put it in a dishwasher with no detergent, then dry for a day or 2 depending on climate

12 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

When you say all RAM options - Did you try a different RAM stick(s) than what's in it already?

If that's bad, that's what you'll get anyway. Simply swapping it in and out/around isn't going to make it better if it's bad.

It's possible but only if there is some external evidence of hardware failure such as a blown cap or MOSFET for example.
Bad caps are easy to spot, MOSFETs normally require removal of the heatsink that would be on them if they had on them in the first place to find it.

However, a different CPU is what to try beyond the RAM.

If all that doesn't do it, the board itself has a problem you'd need to find and fix or stick a fork in it - As in it's "Done".
Be sure to look the board over carefully for any scratches/gouges into it's PCB, that resulting in severed/cut circuit traces, that could be it.
However alot of the time these traces once damaged are anywhere from difficult to impossible to fix when found.

tried new ram didnt work, video of which attached with boot looping

9 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

if it isnt the cpu then its the board in which case my go to is just deep cleaning

you take all the heatsinks off alongside the cmos battery, short powerbutton + clear cmos for a minute, then you rinse with water and either dunk in a bucket of water for an hour or 2 or put it in a dishwasher with no detergent, then dry for a day or 2 depending on climate

thx for that one, ill just run it in the dryer tho

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

above sorry i didnt see the old one didnt embed

You don't really have to remove ALL heatsinks, the main thing would be to get the gunk off the board.
Unless you have some new thermal pad of the correct thickness (And enough of it) for the heatsinks, leave them on.

You can pop it into the dishwasher on a regular hot water cycle (Detergent is optional) and let it do that, then if your oven goes low enough, pop it in there and let it sit for about an hour or two, depending on how low your oven will go.

Mine can go as low as 170f/84c so it's fine. 

I just preheat the oven, pop it in and leave it in the oven with it "On" for about 45 minutes to an hour tops, then I'll cut it off and let it stay in for another hour, basically letting it sit and very slowly cool down as the oven does.
Once that's done you can remove it, set it up and try it.

Mind you that's ONLY if your oven can go low enough, if you can't get to a temp that's like mine or close to that (Definitely Under 212f/100c) you'll have to set it in front of a fan for a full day (Or overnight) before setting it up to test.
Either way works.

16 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

You don't really have to remove ALL heatsinks, the main thing would be to get the gunk off the board.
Unless you have some new thermal pad of the correct thickness (And enough of it) for the heatsinks, leave them on.

You can pop it into the dishwasher on a regular hot water cycle (Detergent is optional) and let it do that, then if your oven goes low enough, pop it in there and let it sit for about an hour or two, depending on how low your oven will go.

Mine can go as low as 170f/84c so it's fine. 

I just preheat the oven, pop it in and leave it in the oven with it "On" for about 45 minutes to an hour tops, then I'll cut it off and let it stay in for another hour, basically letting it sit and very slowly cool down as the oven does.
Once that's done you can remove it, set it up and try it.

Mind you that's ONLY if your oven can go low enough, if you can't get to a temp that's like mine or close to that (Definitely Under 212f/100c) you'll have to set it in front of a fan for a full day (Or overnight) before setting it up to test.
Either way works.

nah fr tho, best bet u think is new cpu? the motherboard seems to preform bios flashback fine

1 hour ago, ng8743 said:

nah fr tho, best bet u think is new cpu? the motherboard seems to preform bios flashback fine

A CPU known to be working is what you'd need to test it with.

If that fails then it's the board.

just bought a new 10c xeon to test it out for 20$ off ebay, we shall see

2 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

anything i should know ab xeon for this board? i tried to see if it needed egc or anything special, i think it will work
ig theIntel Xeon E5-2687W v3 

19 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

connector 9 and 11 of 24pin grounding out sometimes i think (unless my multimeter is wrong), is that normal??
they r supposed to be:
11 is 12v
9 is 5v standby

On 5/22/2024 at 5:14 PM, ng8743 said:

connector 9 and 11 of 24pin grounding out sometimes i think (unless my multimeter is wrong), is that normal??
they r supposed to be:
11 is 12v
9 is 5v standby

Anytime you have a power circuit grounding out that means you have a short somewhere.

While I personally can't confirm things about the pins in particular you've named, if they are for power but showing signs of grounding/shorting out you need to figure out why and fix it if you can.
That will make a system do as it's doing now if so.

Chances are with this, the board is toast and the only fixes you have are to fix the shorting/grounding problem causing it or just replace the board.

On 5/27/2024 at 4:41 AM, Beerzerker said:

Anytime you have a power circuit grounding out that means you have a short somewhere.

While I personally can't confirm things about the pins in particular you've named, if they are for power but showing signs of grounding/shorting out you need to figure out why and fix it if you can.
That will make a system do as it's doing now if so.

Chances are with this, the board is toast and the only fixes you have are to fix the shorting/grounding problem causing it or just replace the board.

yea tried to test everything on the board, look over the whole thing for any shorts, multimeter etc
everything looks fine but those 2 motherboard power pins
just got a used tested gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 board for 69$, so 16c new processor + that should be great (if it works the INTEL SR2K1 E5-2697A V4 i bought should but its not listed directly in the supported list)