Apple's October 16th event: new iPads and 5k iMac

Dietrichw

They're terrible for well-lit rooms, natural sunlight, and for looking at over a student's shoulder. It's fine any other time.

But that hopefully female student's cleavage will be reflected in those screens, so theres that.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

But that hopefully female student's cleavage will be reflected in those screens, so theres that.

>.> We have ethics courses mandated for a reason.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

>.> We have ethics courses mandated for a reason.

LOL

"I swear Sir, if you didn't have glossy screens, this would have never happened!.....We must create a glossy screen exemption in our sexual harassment policy"

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

the only thing good about the reveal is the 5k iMac

It's not. It's really thick at the middle. Imagine if you take a laptop screen, and slap a mac mini on the back at the center, and put a curved back.

It's all tricks that Apple does, and position all it's shots in a way that you don't see the back center part. And Apple only point out the thickness of the edge.."Look so thin!".

Keep in mind that it doesn't have an optical drive, and the power supply is outside. The older imac had both inside.

Actually the power supply is inside as well. The cord plugs in the back & then into the wall outlet.

Actually the power supply is inside as well. The cord plugs in the back & then into the wall outlet.

Oh yes. I stand corrected. I was confusing with something else.

Well it's pretty much a laptop inside, the power supply is small. It's laptop specs system pretty much.

Shame the iMac isn't using the 980m instead for its base GPU. That would have been a hell of a deal.

Here you go guys an unboxing for the 5K iMac  

@Dietrichw @Victorious Secret

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Well it's pretty much a laptop inside, the power supply is small. It's laptop specs system pretty much.

actually it may not. Aside from rumors that the i7 inside the new iMac is 4790K, I read a Chinese article today, which reported the rumors that the M295X in the new 5K iMac actually is the long-rumored-but-cancelled R9 285X, and AMD cancelled the 285X becoz Apple bought all the 285X chips. They also reported that there are speculations, saying the current R9 285 chips are actually substandard products from the production of the 285X chips, and the 285X is actually a tailor-made product for Apple from the start...

http://it.big5.enorth.com.cn/system/2014/10/18/012210295.shtml (in Chinese)

The only laptop part in there is the GPU and the SO-DIMM Ram, everything else including the 3.5" drive and the CPU is pretty much desktop parts.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

actually it may not. Aside from rumors that the i7 inside the new iMac is 4790K, I read a Chinese article today, which reported the rumors that the M295X in the new 5K iMac actually is the long-rumored-but-cancelled R9 285X, and AMD cancelled the 285X becoz Apple bought all the 285X chips. They also reported that there are speculations, saying the current R9 285 chips are actually substandard products from the production of the 285X chips, and the 285X is actually a tailor-made product for Apple from the start...

http://it.big5.enorth.com.cn/system/2014/10/18/012210295.shtml (in Chinese)

nice  :) that is good news

considering how long Android has had NFC why cant we get this.... Maybe with it out there now, Android and Google Wallet can use it at a later date?

2428971-look_at_all_the_fucks_i_give_squ

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Fuckoff apple .

Erm..wow 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Yeah but this means companies and franchises have to upgrade their hardware which in the uk will take a shit load of time

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Apple website says that the new iMac 5K model has AMD Radeon R9 M290X 2GB (4GB for 250$ mode)

http://store.apple.com/us/buy-mac/imac

On the tech spec page of the iMac it says:

Graphics
AMD Radeon R9 M290X graphics processor with 2GB of GDDR5 memory

Configurable to AMD Radeon R9 M295X with 4GB of GDDR5 memory.

So it seems like the baseline one has an M290X and the upgraded one has the mysterious M295X.

Probably the M295X is the M290X with 4Gb of RAM. Nothing more. Just a renamed to make it look like a better chip, and charge a premium 250$.

This kind of move is nothing new. It's done by PC manufactures at times.

Probably the M295X is the M290X with 4Gb of RAM. Nothing more. Just a renamed to make it look like a better chip, and charge a premium 250$.

This kind of move is nothing new. It's done by PC manufactures at times.

So according to you Apple just renamed the GTX775m to a GTX780m and added two more GB of RAM?

That's what you're saying there.

Why not wait until reviews of the m295X is out, and there has been info listed on techpowerup and other sites as Not released yet but with some info.

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/2587/radeon-r9-m295x.html

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Will IOS 8 have the same fate as Windows 8? 

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

wait when did ios 7 come out, i thought 6 was last year.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

wait when did ios 7 come out, i thought 6 was last year.

I think 7 came out almost exactly a year ago

I think 7 came out almost exactly a year ago

well this is what happens when you have an older phone with no chance of upgrading any time soon.

Listen if you care.