Whats going on with these forums.

LukaP

When i joined here, a yearish ago, this was a helpful community, where people were nice to eachother. There was one incident where the audio section started bashing eachother over soundcard/dac debate, and linus pointed it out in a video (might have been wan) and it stopped.

now though, it seems it happens everywhere. i go to the news section, see misinformation, correct it, and i get called a brainless zombie, an nvidiot, and worse... 

i go to a thread about new great features, and see people complaining about exactly the opposite shit they were complaining just 3-4 months ago.

i go to the CPU section, everyone bashing AMD users, Intelmasterracing... 

seems like there are more and more trolls on these forums, and it makes the user experience really degraded. especcialy when a 2k+ forum posts user spreads bullshit around, which makes all the new commers think "wow he has a load of posts, must be smart" and they start it too... so its just downhill from there. :(

anyhow, this was my rant, feel free to add your thoughts and lets get a discussion going. (but please, no bashing, insulting,.. different points of view)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

I try to not bash anyone.... but it just happens I guess. People feel strongly about different things. 

I do find the militant fanboyism on this forum quite jarring.

And guys, we get it. You don't like Apple. You don't need to make/post in threads about it every day. Chill, and enjoy the phone you chose :)

Too many fanboys IMO.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

53714308.jpg

The news section has degraded in quality a lot, like you said :(

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

i.e. Cokeman

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

I agree, I tend to avoid those people when they are in threads that I'm in. If the OP really needs help then I will pm him with proper info and links supporting it and help him. This reason is actually why I'm on this account and not my original because I said fuck to like some 11 year old arguing with me about something and he got his daddy and reported my other account and there is no way in hell I'm accepting the warning point for that lol.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

When the population of websites/places grows there is more and more likely to be annoying/bad people and they stand out so it seems like there are more of them. 

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

I'll have to agree on that one. 

Thankfully there are still some nice people around too

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

pretty much true. i joined the forums pretty late, but i agree.

but it won't get better, the more the forum grows the more trolls will come.

thats why i think, we need more, and stricter mods... so far, from my personal experience, i could just call people whatever, and i could get away with it, if a mod want exatly on PMS....

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

LTT has become very popular, so now this place is flooded with little kids that think intelligence is measured by the level of obnoxiousness of their posts.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

i definitely agree. that's what happens when things become successful and grow

as of now, we need people like you and other veterans to just keep working out the kinks and the trolls out. best we can do

definitely don't leave unless you absolutely need to, that's the last thing we need :P

thats not what i was suggesting haha :D i have the best fun here, with peeps i met here :3

LTT has become very popular, so now this place is flooded with little kids that think intelligence is measured by the level of obnoxiousness of their posts.

This post in and of itself is pretty obnoxious.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Well, that's expected when a forum is growing at the rate that we are. I don't often post new topics, when I do so I make sure there's no fanboyism or nonsense in them.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

i agree, you used to get correct, thought out answers when you posted a question. now its either someone posting a meme for likes or rushing and only reading half of the post 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I have to be honest this is not the only problem some people around here really forgot how to use google for minor problems.And that is not all every time i try to recommend something someone will jump on my head or they ask for advices and they will start arguing over amd and intel products or phones.So i will stop from now on taking part to these kid of topic i will only help people with problems and only if i can because this forum is starting to become a battleground

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

Sadly bae, this is what happens when a forum is still young and growing. Take a look at OCN or Neowin. They can both be helpful, and aren't extremely biased or assholes. And they've been around a lot longer and are more "mature" as a whole, and have kinda made the trolls take the backseat.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I dont actually notice this that much as i usually just answer the new topics then leave :P

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

I totally agree it's freaking annoying, like 2 years ago you could post ANY topic without getting any trolls/friends trolling, and now all i see is some random people spamming/advertising/trollling/ and being fanboys.

i agree, you used to get correct, thought out answers when you posted a question. now its either someone posting a meme for likes or rushing and only reading half of the post 

yeah, there was a time, when you didnt get a response in the next minute, but you got one 5 minutes later, and it was though out, and well written, with links and everything to help you

wow i cant believe how many people agree with me here :o

maybe mods (@alpenwasser @Whiskers @airdeano cant remember yall) and @LinusTech could chime in :P

yeah, there was a time, when you didnt get a response in the next minute, but you got one 5 minutes later, and it was though out, and well written, with links and everything to help you

yupyup, and comparison topics used to be like "k heres this cards specs and this cards specs, and how they perform in the same game" now its "no, amd/nvidia is better because i like it so you have to like it!" 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

This post in and of itself is pretty obnoxious.

Please do explain.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)