Whats going on with these forums.

LukaP

Regarding to these trollaccounts. There is a reportbutton for a reason. But what's considered a troll? Someone who post meaningless and take the topic away. Or being offensive and an ass with their point if someone doesn't agree and then start an offtopic argument. Seen alot of these types. But sadly it's legal to be a dick on here. No offensive to moderators but that problem isn't handled yet.  

well i dont care if you post in a dick way, as long as your post has a good point. if you just spam with no relevant info, you are getting a report. and mods should definately care about those more IMHO. but im not a mod, and at the end of the day, they are doing their job, im not here to do it, unless they ask me to

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

We must have a purge of this forum in which each poster will be individually evaluated and tested to insure that the bloodline of this forum remains pure and blue. We must follow in the steps of the Nazis and purge the forum of -gag- console peasants.-gag-

Jking for the most part, pls dont ban me

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

i guess we are able to see this as a aging process on the web, everything starts out great and then the trolls come....

thats the point you wil see if something is worth it or not, hopefully the trolls lose or get bashed themselves.

edit:

as you said, on the news section it is pretty clear at the moment due to the new iphone, trolls love that topic.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

- People instantly become hostile or annoying because OP didn't put enough effort into his news post

that is ok. when i joined, there werent many news posts in a day, but most had some nice text, a picture, user commentary. nowadays, i click on a post, just to see a link. that is bad. in the stickies, its said you have to make a good post. 

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

what were you asking? you said you were badmouthing mods. they deleted the thread probably because you were bringing personal issues onto a public board, or something similar. 

now my suggestion is, if you have an issue with a certain mod, take it to a pm, talk to them... they are all normal people. they are not biased against anyone when it comes to them being mods. 

The thread was asking why servers, especially older ones, were so expensive. And i only badmouthed the mods because they did something obviously inept.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

that is ok. when i joined, there werent many news posts in a day, but most had some nice text, a picture, user commentary. nowadays, i click on a post, just to see a link. that is bad. in the stickies, its said you have to make a good post. 

Oh, well, I don't know tbh :P

I rarely post news myself if  ever.

The thread was asking why servers, especially older ones, were so expensive. And i only badmouthed the mods because they did something obviously inept.

would you badmouth the police if they wrongfully gave you a ticket?

I do hope that the forum can grow into itself like so many others have that are a lot older, which have gotten rid of the trolls and everybody there is willing to help give useful, valid information and recommendations.

Having to deal with "uneducated" people who are just there to start an argument is getting quite annoying at this point, so much so that over the last number of weeks I've felt myself getting distant on the forums, because there is so much BS going on all the time. It's so difficult sometimes to actually help someone when you have the thread getting flooded by people giving poor information or non at all.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

would you badmouth the police if they wrongfully gave you a ticket?

No, because they hold an actual place of an authority.

A moderator on the internet is just supposed to keep the forums in order, sure they do a  tough job, but it's not like they're defending us.

And also, you don't badmouth the cop for giving you a wrongful ticket, you fight it in court because the cop holds authority

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

No, because they hold an actual place of an authority.

A moderator on the internet is just supposed to keep the forums in order, sure they do a  tough job, but it's not like they're defending us.

And also, you don't badmouth the cop for giving you a wrongful ticket, you fight it in court because the cop holds authority

and the mods dont in your mind? in that case, no wonder you got warnings. look. you do wrong, and a mod will warn oyu. eventually ban you from using this site. if that is not authority... and yes, they are defending us from trolls and shitposters, by banning them (analogous to emprisoning people)

well then dont badmouth the mods, write a pm to them, telling them you think its wrong. now drop the subject with me, because you clearly are like a brick wall, and i dont plan on arguing this offtopic matter here. PM A MOD.

Yea, things have gotten weird all over the place!

When I first got here the place was so much cleaner, all threads fit on one page very nicely, no freaky avatars only default icons, no page long sigs with adverts a plenty.

The good old days, maybe just delete it all down to one page per forum section so its back to normal and only 5 forum sections, and add an auto forum crash to the crontab because we used to crash all the freaking time in the beginning.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Well, atleast it isint a script kiddie forum. Those things are equivallent to the depths of hell.

Do any of you guys think I'm part of the problem? If you do, I can improve myself to be a better forum member <3

Life.exe is missing

Do any of you guys think I'm part of the problem? If you do, I can improve myself to be a better forum member <3

Yes, you are the root of all evil, you might actually be Satan.

jk

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

From my interactions with you, I believe not...

I'd also like to ask the same question...

Am I part of the problem?

I know I participated in a few of the arguments that happened and even took the bait, line, and sinker of a few trolls...

Yes, Kids are annoying and you are a kid...soooooo grow up child! :P

@LukaP I think this is partly due to the community increasing in members. I see so many new people here these days. I haven't been around that long, but the situation is still different. But to be honest, I do not actually perceive too much stupid fights/bashing/excluding/etc. I still think this is a great community, and I think we do help lost of people still, probably even more than ever. I do understand your concern and I am annoyed when this happens too. For me, it is mainly the baseless hate that some people display against Apple without actually having any experience with the product whatsoever...

Let's just not fall into these things ourselves so we can keep this forum helpful to as may people as possible.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

yeh weve turned this into a tech based civil war. you know how many people message me every week calling me a 13 y/o spoiled brat with a razer blade and new build planned?

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Yes, Kids are annoying and you are a kid...soooooo grow up child! :P

IM A KID WHATS YOUR POINT HOE ;)

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I've noticed alot of comments on certain threads, which could be very abusive to the OP, (original poster). Also noticed alot of comments lacking the 'effort', and are just made to get post count...

And, that is the main point of this post. To start off, here is an example of a thread which the comments make no sense at all. No offense to anyone.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/191801-the-power/

Whats exactly is wrong with this thread?

First, OP asks a question (rather badly IMO). Next people tell him his link is broken and so he fixes it and replies. Then Coolbeans proceeds to tell him he probably shouldn't use Titan Blacks. OP responds and says he needs Vram to which Jodomcfrodo asks what  is it being used for. OP responds with final comment to say it usage is animation.

Ok, apart from the fact that nobody told OP if the PSU was big enough, it ain't that bad. Are you criticising Coolbeans for taking post off topic?

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

LOL nvidiot that's a new one.

I agree, i do see all the bashing and arguements and I remember when the audio debate where I kinda started it with the Schiit stuff LOL and Linus had to address it in the lan and seperately in a schiit review video.

The only thing i do is ask questions here and say repost. lel.

LTT has become quite hectic and I just read the new topic emails i get from Tech News and Reviews. rip

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

I know I participated in a few of the arguments that happened and even took the bait, line, and sinker of a few trolls...

From what I've seen of you, you are rather civil and helpful. Although that's just from what I've seen, you might be a complete dick JK don't hurt me

I'll think I'll jump on this bandwagon as well.

Am I a problem here? 

I know I sometimes post some weird stuff in Off-Topic, but hey, that's what Off-Topic is for.

When replying to serious post I try my best, but I'm sometimes not the most well informed on the matter, but I at least try using whatever knowledge I have available. 

I got sent to prison after following Linus' instructions to #Makebombs

Forum's resident nihilist.

A JRPG just wouldn't be a JRPG if it didn't end with teenagers using the power of friendship to kill God.

Oh, rate me! Be brutally honest.

It's just like when the kiddies discovered minecraft. Now look at it. http://youtu.be/5ITftz_kbNs

This video is great, but I think the mod devs/game devs they were asking are as anti-social as the children so I wouldn't blame the kids completely, they just need dwedidated wam.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

When I see an opinion on LTT

oh your opinion is different to mine?

YOUR OPINION IS WRONG!