Whats going on with these forums.

LukaP

i usually dont care about them that much, but the last few days, they just pressed the right buttons and shat over stuff i am very knowledgable about, so i could actually correct them...

well i do troll sometimes too, but i leave it in the offtopic, so if youre just here for advice, you dont need to see that. plus it doesnt go towards my post count, so i dont appear to be that much of a "veteran" because of my trolling...

I troll amd users occasionally just for fun, I don't really care which graphics card they pick, I just find it funny how up in arms they get over someone else's choice in hardware (I guess we Nvidia users are guilty of the same).

The only thing that really gets to me is political shit, especially when it's some idiot spouting bullshit from msnbc or whatever their college professor has brainwashed them with, etc.

All that aside, I will always troll console users, however I feel that to be acceptable because they tend to deserve it lol

The difference between mods on an internet forum and the police is the police are upholding the law pf the land...The mods are just clinging to relevancy in a pretty small chunk on the internet.

Besides, deleting a post badmouthing mods is censorship. I'm pretty sure censorship is frowned upon by the vast majority of us

While I tend to agree with you about that being censorship, you are wrong. You agree to the CoC as LukaP has stated, so either get with it or leave it *shrugs*. that's all you can really do. And most forums do not allow public discussion of moderation or the decision made by a mod.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

It wasn't a pointless thread, i was asking a question.

If i can't come to linustechtips to ask a question, then what's the point of the forum?

what were you asking? you said you were badmouthing mods. they deleted the thread probably because you were bringing personal issues onto a public board, or something similar. 

now my suggestion is, if you have an issue with a certain mod, take it to a pm, talk to them... they are all normal people. they are not biased against anyone when it comes to them being mods. 

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

I troll amd users occasionally just for fun, I don't really care which graphics card they pick, I just find it funny how up in arms they get over someone else's choice in hardware (I guess we Nvidia users are guilty of the same).

The only thing that really gets to me is political shit, especially when it's some idiot spouting bullshit from msnbc or whatever their college professor has brainwashed them with, etc.

All that aside, I will always troll console users, however I feel that to be acceptable because they tend to deserve it lol

its not ok to troll anyone, especcially when you are an established member here. yes its ok to joke on them, in an OT thread, but when someone starts a serious topic, all that should be left behind...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

its not ok to troll anyone, especcially when you are an established member here. yes its ok to joke on them, in an OT thread, but when someone starts a serious topic, all that should be left behind...

Meh, I will always mock console users. Although I don't consider enlightening them as to how far behind their hardware is, how you can build a better performing PC for the same price, etc, to be trolling.

Meh, I will always mock console users. Although I don't consider enlightening them as to how far behind their hardware is, how you can build a better performing PC for the same price, etc, to be trolling.

it still is :P i mean if you dont like a choice someone else has made, that does not in any way affect you, then why even care. just leave them be.

its analagous to this

10686994_720761981347172_246947732166205

Please do explain.

To think that an influx of younger kids has ruined the forums, when its members to start off with were already pretty young, if not the same age. It's not like the demographics on Linus' videos has really changed over the past 1.5 years since the forum's inception.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

of course it would start, but since there were less trolls out then, it didnt go on and on. usually it would start for like 3 posts, and then someone would tell the trolls to fuck off

Not always. I don't really feel comfortable giving out names, so I won't. But some of the people that were around from mid April - end July 2013 will probably know who these people were. 

• There was a guy that kept posting the link to NVidia's Greenlight program everytime someone wanted to overclock an NVidia card. He wasn't bringing anything constructive to the table
  • There was a guy that kept trying to sell his computers and ridicule people who were less knowledgable than him. 
  • There once were a 12 page thread about the evils of Obamacare. The OP was equvalent to a brick wall in that conversation. Not listing, he kept avoiding questions and came up with some of the most batshit tinfoilhattery you would ever see. 
  • There was a guy that kept claiming that the i3 CPUs would beat any AMD CPU on the market. He would than link to a Polish website that no one but himself trusted. When confronted, he would be extremely condescending and tell all of us that we had bought into a lie.
  • There was a guy that would post topics about someting Vs. something, and when he got his answer, he would call all of us stupid.

Sure, some people would tell these people they were stupid troll, but most wouldn't (myself included). And when told, they didn't shut up, they continued their ways. 

Remember these people are just examples. Behind every example there is probably more users than I can remember. 

Also, these people didn't get banned at once. They hung around for months and then they were banned. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Not always. I don't really feel comfortable giving out names, so I won't. But some of the people that were around from mid April - end July will probably know who these people were. 

• There was a guy that kept posting the link to NVidia's Greenlight program everytime someone wanted to overclock an NVidia card. he wasn't bringing anything constructive to the table
  • There was a guy that kept trying to sell his computers and ridicule people who were less knowledgable than him. 
  • There once were a 12 page thread about the evils of Obamacare. The OP was equvalent to a brick wall in that conversation. Not listing, he kept avoiding questions and came up with some of the most batshit tinfoilhattery you would ever see. 
  • There was a guy that kept claiming that the i3 CPUs would beat any AMD CPU on the market. He would than link to a Polish website that no one but himself trusted. When confronted, he would be extremely condescending and tell all of us that we had bought into a lie.
  • There was a guy that would post topics about someting Vs. something, and when he got his answer, he would call all of us stupid.

Sure people some people would tell these people they were stupid troll, but most wouldn't (myself included). And when told, they didn't shut up, they continued their ways. 

Remember these people are just examples. Behind every example there is probably more users than I can remember. 

Also, these people didn't get banned at once. They hung around for months and then they were banned. 

i remember all of these. but these were mainly trolls we all knew about and just reported. like cokeman and the likes... 

im more talking about people who have a fairly large postcount, but they dont have the bad rep cokeman had

it still is :P i mean if you dont like a choice someone else has made, that does not in any way affect you, then why even care. just leave them be.

its analagous to this

-snip

To hell with your diet lol. I'm not going to say they should burn in hell for their choice, but I just want the console users to know that there are things out there for the same price as their console, that perform better.

Not always. I don't really feel comfortable giving out names, so I won't. But some of the people that were around from mid April - end July will probably know who these people were. 

• There was a guy that kept posting the link to NVidia's Greenlight program everytime someone wanted to overclock an NVidia card. he wasn't bringing anything constructive to the table

Sure people some people would tell these people they were stupid troll, but most wouldn't (myself included). And when told, they didn't shut up, they continued their ways. 

Was that me? Horrible memory for threads I've started, but I think I'd remember having started that thread.

It's just like when the kiddies discovered minecraft. Now look at it. http://youtu.be/5ITftz_kbNs

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

To hell with your diet lol. I'm not going to say they should burn in hell for their choice, but I just want the console users to know that there are things out there for the same price as their console, that perform better.

yes, but with a PC you have tons of stuff to care about, including drivers, compatibility, os updates, etc. 

consoles are plug and play. 

but lets leave it at that and not start an argument here xD

To think that an influx of younger kids has ruined the forums, when its members to start off with were already pretty young, if not the same age. It's not like the demographics on Linus' videos has really changed over the past 1.5 years since the forum's inception.

I don't think I said that the obnoxiousness was related to the age, but there certainly is very immature, child like behaviour in the forum.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

I don't think I said that the obnoxiousness was related to the age, but there certainly is very immature, child like behaviour in the forum.

yeah, there are kids that are really cool and mature (@tmcclelland455 springs to mind) but then you have people that are apparently adults, yet they act 12... 

and then you have the usual 12-14 year olds xD

yes, but with a PC you have tons of stuff to care about, including drivers, compatibility, os updates, etc. 

consoles are plug and play. 

but lets leave it at that and not start an argument here xD

Last one,

1. Consoles do require updates, they do it automatically

2. Computers can do the same, updating drivers and stuff on their own. I have everything except java set to automatic on my computer, simply because Java always picks the worst moments to look for an update or something (like when your in the middle of a match lol)

:P

yeah, there are kids that are really cool and mature (@tmcclelland455 springs to mind) but then you have people that are apparently adults, yet they act 12... 

and then you have the usual 12-14 year olds xD

@tmcclelland445 is one of the best.

It's just like when the kiddies discovered minecraft. Now look at it. http://youtu.be/5ITftz_kbNs

'I just want to ask, how many of you have autism, and if so, has it helped you'

That kid is going places.

And 'Dedicated Wam'

Maybe it's issue vs effort again? Can't repeat it often enough.

Hmm, where to start.

Believe it or not, I had a hard time thinking to post this or not. I might have exaggerated several points, but seeing these things describe below happen, just seems intolerable to me.

If I see another one line comment on this thread, I'm reporting it.

Welcoming people who actually have a point, and would spend some time elaborating on it.

I've noticed alot of comments on certain threads, which could be very abusive to the OP, (original poster). Also noticed alot of comments lacking the 'effort', and are just made to get post count...
And, that is the main point of this post. To start off, here is an example of a thread which the comments make no sense at all. No offense to anyone.

http://linustechtips...1801-the-power/

Note the number of 'Lack of effort posts'. Those are redundant.
Redundant posts have no meaning, and they are generally spam in any means.
That is not the main concern.

The actual point is the Effort.

Lets see how many effortless, as in one sentence replies are there: 1, 2, 4, 6 replies.

Now let's see how many offensive, rude, or plain wrong replies you can spot around the forums overall.

This. Is. Ridiculous.

I dare you guys:

• If you have nothing to contribute to a thread then shut up and leave it alone.
  • If you have something to contribute then do it productive which means: Reading the whole post, Read the replys and then help solving the problem.
  • To all the others who getting personal so fast. Just. leave. Nobody cares if you win this or not. It's on the internet, your dick won't grow from it. You only disturbing the problemsolving.
  • Post count is a number on the screen. Didn't you all grow up on it already?
  • And what's the worst? PUT EFFORT IN IT. Nobody benefits from this garbage slammed down within 5 minutes. Try to explain your solution. Probably the Op has no idea what you are talking about.

I don't care if you like this or not. But this community has a damn problem nobody is working on. At least try to be mature.

End of rant. 

Bye LTT. That was an interesting journey on this board. At least here you see how not to do it. I'll go shaking my head about this place.

Was that me? Horrible memory for threads I've started, but I think I'd remember having started that thread.

Not you, no. 

Atleast the discussion I have had with you are somewhat rational in nature, and I hope we both see eachother as people afterwards. This person trusted the government less than Alex Jones does.

i remember all of these. but these were mainly trolls we all knew about and just reported. like cokeman and the likes... 

im more talking about people who have a fairly large postcount, but they dont have the bad rep cokeman had

I'm talking April - july 2013 (forgot to specify that, sorry), so this has nothing to do with Cokeman.

I more or less made the post to highlight that, even what I have heard refered to as the best time on the forum (summer of 2013), wasn't all that great.

@LukaP

I agree with you completely... And I've only been on the forums for the past few months...

I noticed the increase with this after the 1 Million Subscribers video was put up...

As this is the internet, I try to keep a calm voice in my typing... Refraining from making use of swear words and keeping everything civil by not personally insulting the people around me...

But apparently, not everyone is able to maintain reason...

Yes there are the times that I would post some image/audio file that may or may not be sfw, but that was just part of the humor in the contexts that they are found in...

Not you, no. 

Atleast the discussion I have had with you are somewhat rational in nature, and I hope we both see eachother as people afterwards. This person trusted the government less than Alex Jones does.

I'm talking April - july 2013 (forgot to specify that, sorry), so this has nothing to do with Cokeman.

I more or less made the post to highlight that.,even what I have heard refered to as the best time on the forum (summer of 2013), wasn't all that great.

The name Alex Jones doesn't ring a bell (it's early here). But I honestly wouldn't trust the members of congress with a potato gun (or a rubberband for that matter). Although I am willing to listen to arguments that I might disagree with.

snip

apart from the TERRIBLE formatting, i completly agree ^^

Not you, no. 

I more or less made the post to highlight that.,even what I have heard refered to as the best time on the forum (summer of 2013), wasn't all that great.

oh, well i could swear i remmeber those threads haha

The name Alex Jones doesn't ring a bell (it's early here). But I honestly wouldn't trust the members of congress with a potato gun.

This is Alex Jones http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Jones_(radio_host)

Here is an example of the tinfoilhattery

Not Alex Jones talking, but it's from his Youtube channel and radio show. 

(And now I'll be having InfoWars videos on my Youtube frontpage)

Although I am willing to listen to arguments that I might disagree with.

And that is where true knowledge lies. As I have always said; I don't care what you think about, as long as you are thinking.

Sorry to @LukaP. I didn't mean to derail the thread.

Are we talking about the Off-Topic section, LukaP?

Or the other sections? 

Are we talking about the Off-Topic section, LukaP?

Or the other sections? 

the whole forum. the off topic the least, becasue its well off topic. everyone trolls here...

the most affected areas seem to be news and cpu sections

Regarding to these trollaccounts. There is a reportbutton for a reason. But what's considered a troll? Someone who post meaningless and take the topic away. Or being offensive and an ass with their point if someone doesn't agree and then start an offtopic argument. Seen alot of these types. But sadly it's legal to be a dick on here. No offensive to moderators but that problem isn't handled yet.  

Bye LTT. That was an interesting journey on this board. At least here you see how not to do it. I'll go shaking my head about this place.

the whole forum. the off topic the least, becasue its well off topic. everyone trolls here...

the most affected areas seem to be news and cpu sections

I do see at the new section that.....

- People instantly become hostile or annoying because OP didn't put enough effort into his news post

- Bandwagon hating on something. (Microsoft taking over MC for example, some people hate on it, the rest hate on it instantly)