Whats going on with these forums.

LukaP

thats why i think, we need more, and stricter mods... so far, from my personal experience, i could just call people whatever, and i could get away with it, if a mod want exatly on PMS....

very true.

i have almost never seen the warning points being used.

i mean, i probably would have deserved some, but i didnt get any.

i think these warning points could really remind you why you joined this forum.

i like to keep neutrality when it comes to these subjects every product has its ups and downs

snip

this is one TRUE post

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

The issue is that there are allot of new members joining because of the giveaways and the forum just becoming more known in general. Not a bad thing in itself, it is just that some of the new members are getting the wrong idea about how this forum functions.

From my personal experience this has become especially evident with the latest laptop giveaway.

It just looks like farming posts by trolling, or people see the stupid things old members with plenty of posts post in off topic and think that they can apply that in trouble shooting.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

very true.

yeah i only got one because i called some troll a complete moron (after he presented some BS facts) and he reported me

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

very true.

i got some for posting a questionable pic in askews shitposting thread  :ph34r:

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

the forum is growing, and everyday it brings more people, both good, bad, trolls, shitposter, etc also ltt is a well know channel, you could probably count the tech channels that have over a million subs, this brings lots of people from different demographics, but i do agree mods have been lacking, not because they aren't doing there job, but because the forums is so fast flamewars happens within minutes, then again there's a report button, so maybe we can report demn flames before they get to big

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

These posts come up every once in a while. It has always been like that. If you posted a thread about AMD vs. NVidia, you would get heated fanboy comments.

It's just that there are more people now than in the beginning, thereby increasing the frequency of threads with a polarizing subject.

It also increase the total amount of ´trolls´ and less knowledgable members. Not necessarily amount in percents.

But just report them, ignore them and post a the right answer. Don't feed the trolls.

And hey, I'm probably one the people that some people can't stand, so I'm not above this.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Wow! i thought i was the only one who thought about this, Nice rant.. :)

i was thinking this for some time... but then the NVIDIA are liars thread got me really mad, especially when i used science to prove the trolls wrong, and they still kept going (including restarting the thread after it was closed)...

and then today seing all the complaining in the windows 9 high DPI aware thread...

These posts come up every once in a while. It has always been like that. If you posted a thread about AMD vs. NVidia, you would get heated fanboy comments.

It's just that there are more people now than in the beginning, thereby increasing the frequency of threads with a polarizing subject.

It also increase the total amount of ´trolls´ and less knowledgable members. Not necessarily amount in percents.

But just report them, ignore them and post a the right answer. Don't feed the trolls.

And hey, I'm probably one the people that some people can't stand, so I'm not above this.

its not just posting a questionable thread. even if i were to just post something like "should i upgrade my 770 for a 970" id get flames going very fast, when someone would come and shit about how AMD has better perf/$

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

I correct people if they're wrong which can lead to unintentional flame wars :(

But unfortunately as 1 in x member is an idiot as x people join one troll joins :(

However I've noticed the mods banning more people recently, such as Cokeman or Wiff.

I am not responsible for this at all.

You have my leave to murder me.

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

I definitely agree with the people who say we need more mods, some of the stuff that's gotten through is a bit messed up.

I personally haven't seen any mod corruption on the forum, so I can't speak on that bit (I've seen tons of it in Twitch chat though, doesn't matter how racist you are, no ban. But as soon as you ask a legitimate question, banned instantly.)

I got sent to prison after following Linus' instructions to #Makebombs

Forum's resident nihilist.

A JRPG just wouldn't be a JRPG if it didn't end with teenagers using the power of friendship to kill God.

I correct people if they're wrong which can lead to unintentional flame wars :(

But unfortunately as 1 in x member is an idiot as x people join one troll joins :(

However I've noticed the mods banning more people recently, such as Cokeman or Wiff.

Cokeman got banned because we all reported him for shitposting. and because he was a hated member already. but when you get someone who has some good rep, and he starts some really uninformed argument, its not common that you can do anything about it

When i joined here, a yearish ago, this was a helpful community, where people were nice to eachother. There was one incident where the audio section started bashing eachother over soundcard/dac debate, and linus pointed it out in a video (might have been wan) and it stopped.

now though, it seems it happens everywhere. i go to the news section, see misinformation, correct it, and i get called a brainless zombie, an nvidiot, and worse... 

i go to a thread about new great features, and see people complaining about exactly the opposite shit they were complaining just 3-4 months ago.

i go to the CPU section, everyone bashing AMD users, Intelmasterracing... 

seems like there are more and more trolls on these forums, and it makes the user experience really degraded. especcialy when a 2k+ forum posts user spreads bullshit around, which makes all the new commers think "wow he has a load of posts, must be smart" and they start it too... so its just downhill from there. :(

anyhow, this was my rant, feel free to add your thoughts and lets get a discussion going. (but please, no bashing, insulting,.. different points of view)

It's just growing pains, and the usual internet filth, eventually you learn to ignore most of it, at least until you see something that actually pisses you off or offends you on a personal level. Happens to all forums.

That being said, I am guilty of it in my own ways, need to try better to not be so militant about things I guess.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

i was thinking this for some time... but then the NVIDIA are liars thread got me really mad, especially when i used science to prove the trolls wrong, and they still kept going (including restarting the thread after it was closed)...

and then today seing all the complaining in the windows 9 high DPI aware thread...

Damn! that's fu*ked up! i had something of the same threshold with a topic in the audio section, man! some people are trolling hard  or just plain stupid, it's like talking to a brickwall! nothing goes through.. i usually don't report trolls, that seems to kinda be encouraging them, plus fu*k it, if it gives them a temperory value , why the f*ck not..  those who know , know...

Details separate people.

It's just growing pains, and the usual internet filth, eventually you learn to ignore most of it, at least until you see something that actually pisses you off or offends you on a personal level. Happens to all forums.

That being said, I am guilty of it in my own ways, need to try better to not be so militant about things I guess.

i usually dont care about them that much, but the last few days, they just pressed the right buttons and shat over stuff i am very knowledgable about, so i could actually correct them...

well i do troll sometimes too, but i leave it in the offtopic, so if youre just here for advice, you dont need to see that. plus it doesnt go towards my post count, so i dont appear to be that much of a "veteran" because of my trolling...

Cokeman got banned because we all reported him for shitposting. and because he was a hated member already. but when you get someone who has some good rep, and he starts some really uninformed argument, its not common that you can do anything about it

Ah well.

I'm probably guilty of starting 1 or 2 AMD vs Intel CPU wars though :P

its not just posting a questionable thread. even if i were to just post something like "should i upgrade my 770 for a 970" id get flames going very fast, when someone would come and shit about how AMD has better perf/$

That is of course a problem, but that also happened when the forum was smaller. It's not really something new.

I just think a lot of people are wearing nostalgia goggles when looking back on the forums past. We had shitposters and trolls before, and we will have them again. And we will have more, since the total amount of people is growing.

But we will also get more helpful and knowledgable members in the process.

To be honest, the mod team is doing the best it can. There is probably a lot of work that goes down behind the scenes, that we don't know off. 

The mod team has become stricter. Back in the beginning, it could sometimes feel like pure anarchy. 

If you encounter someone that brings up a completly irrelevant point in a thread, just ignore them or report them.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I have to agree with you that there are alot of fanboyism around here.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

That is of course a problem, but that also happened when the forum was smaller. It's not really something new.

I just think a lot of people are wearing nostalgia goggles when looking back on the forums past. We had shitposters and trolls before, and we will have them again. And we will have more, since the total amount of people is growing.

But we will also get more helpful and knowledgable members in the process.

To be honest, the mod team is doing the best it can. There is probably a lot of work that goes down behind the scenes, that we don't know off. 

The mod team has become stricter. Back in the beginning, it could sometimes feel like pure anarchy. 

If you encounter someone that brings up a completly irrelevant point in a thread, just ignore them or report them.

of course it would start, but since there were less trolls out then, it didnt go on and on. usually it would start for like 3 posts, and then someone would tell the trolls to fuck off

I have to agree with comments made here. Although a lot has to be said for ourselves just not going near certain types of posts. If I see a "Intel vs AMD" or anything resembling that, I just stay away. Nothing good can come from entering a topic like that. 

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

well its like the police. even if a policeman does something that may be questionable, he will still write you a ticket if you argue that... thats how life is and get over it

The difference between mods on an internet forum and the police is the police are upholding the law pf the land...The mods are just clinging to relevancy in a pretty small chunk on the internet.

Besides, deleting a post badmouthing mods is censorship. I'm pretty sure censorship is frowned upon by the vast majority of us

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

The difference between mods on an internet forum and the police is the police are upholding the law pf the land...The mods are just clinging to relevancy in a pretty small chunk on the internet.

Besides, deleting a post badmouthing mods is censorship. I'm pretty sure censorship is frowned upon by the vast majority of us

well when you enter this site, you accept the CoC. mods enforce the CoC as if it is law. therefore, mods are the equivalence of police. they have absolute and last word. if you dont like it, forums arent for you.

well either you were doing something against the CoC, or they felt it was a pointless post. the shitposting didnt do anything against the CoC either, and yet it was deleted, because it was apointless thread

well when you enter this site, you accept the CoC. mods enforce the CoC as if it is law. therefore, mods are the equivalence of police. they have absolute and last word. if you dont like it, forums arent for you.

well either you were doing something against the CoC, or they felt it was a pointless post. the shitposting didnt do anything against the CoC either, and yet it was deleted, because it was apointless thread

It wasn't a pointless thread, i was asking a question.

If i can't come to linustechtips to ask a question, then what's the point of the forum?

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it