Anita Sarkeesian flees home, goes into hiding

Kev

So that happened. In responce to death threats against her and her parents.

You know, people are going to say, "Those wacky trolls are at it again", but I don't think people like this consider themselves trolls. They probably think they are a majority of gamers and that they are doing a good thing. Saving gaming from the evil feminsts and all that. What fucking idiots.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/8/27/6075179/anita-sarkeesian-says-she-was-driven-out-of-house-by-threats

What fucking idiots.

I personally think she is an idiot, with a talent for overanalyising and 'finding' outrage and 'sexism' where it doesn't really exist.

Not that anything excuses people threatening death though.

I think what it comes down to is the devs, the devs are free to design and do what they want with males and females in games, if that means boobies everywhere or girl power then so be it. If you want to change something, then you have no options, stop buying the game or make your own game which doesnt objectify woman but in the end most guys and girls would think that its better to be using an attractive character instead of an ugly character.

If you are angry at games then please tell me why you havent attacked the marvel movies.

finally to the people that do death threats, do what i do, imagine the person is right in front of you, would you still say those things to them in person, its odd, ive got a few reasonable friends which turn into  right nobs on the internet and im not sure why and what happens to them to cause their outrage.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

She's an obvious idiot, which obviously doesn't justify death threats against her or her family.

I remember learning about the brains of each gender and how men get the big picture while the women analyze and see every little detail. This is a perfect example. Shut up, relax, and enjoy the games.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Just another Feminazi.

She deserves whatever punishment trolls wish to dish out to her tbh.

The death threats are unwarranted though.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Yo yo yo, this ain't no tech news bra...

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

So that happened. In responce to death threats against her and her parents.

You know, people are going to say, "Those wacky trolls are at it again", but I don't think people like this consider themselves trolls. They probably think they are a majority of gamers and that they are doing a good thing. Saving gaming from the evil feminsts and all that. What fucking idiots.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/8/27/6075179/anita-sarkeesian-says-she-was-driven-out-of-house-by-threats

Please provide a donotlink.com URL. This is obviously clickbait and should be treated as such. Let's not drive traffic to them.

http://www.donotlink.com/bcs2

Just another Feminazi.

She deserves whatever punishment trolls wish to dish out to her tbh.

No, she does not. NO ONE deserves to be harassed so much that it alters their lives. The MATURE way to respond to her is to either ignore her or provide well thought out debate against her arguments. Of course that is beyond the intelligence level of these trolls so instead they act like little children and throw tantrums and make me fucking despise the gaming community as a whole.

It is amusing that people here will (still) pay so much attention to such people, despite the "deeper problem" being at play.

This is getting old... even @LinusTech has issues with this.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Maybe she should think of it like this; if she's getting death threats, she's doing something wrong. Maybe she should think about how she can present herself and her points better, to not offend the people threatening her. Maybe she should realise that no one is going to actually kill her because she hates gaming. Maybe she should act like a fucking professional and ignore them.

Death threats are bad but they might make her wake up to the shit she's starting, but I don't have high hopes. Also, they're bad but they're usually empty. If someone wanted to kill her, they'd just do it, they wouldn't tell her about it.

I say she should have expected this.

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

This guy must obviously be a psycho. I hope so. Because if the first word that the rest of the world thinks of here is "gamer", I don't want to be that anymore. Might as well throw my PC through the window and call it quits.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

seriously wtf is wrong with idiots like this?

I will NEVERRRRRRRR EVER understand statements like "We need more female protaganists/heroes"

Game devs and story writers SHOULD WRITE/DEVELOP WHATEVER THEY WANT. IF THEIR STORY/DESIGN CALLS FOR A FEMALE HERO, THEN SO BE IT. DON'T FORCE IT JUST BECAUSE WE NEED MORE WOMEN.

*Game devs want to build a tactical shooter with US special forces. US Special Forces consist of all male. Boom - just a coincidence. OMG THAT'S IT! NO ANTI-FEMINISM FFS GET A LIFE

No, she does not. NO ONE deserves to be harassed so much that it alters their lives. The MATURE way to respond to her is to either ignore her or provide well thought out debate against her arguments. Of course that is beyond the intelligence level of these trolls so instead they act like little children and throw tantrums and make me fucking despise the gaming community as a whole.

Not everyone acts how you want them to. Like or dislike what you will, the fact remains she's an irritating fuckwit who spouts her Feminazi bullshit and fellow Feminazis gobble it up as truth. Watch her videos and at first you'll slightly understand the point she's trying to get across in each video for whatever topic she's discussing, then see how she twists and turns it into something ridiculous and idiotic, to spur forward her Feminazi propaganda.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

From what I understand on the subject, she herself is a troll. Just like al sharpton and "reverend" jessie jackson are race baiters, who make a living by stirring up racial hatred by casting blame, jumping to judgement, and causing outright hysteria, she herself is a sexism baiter. People like controversy, and if you can convince enough people that there is "sexism" going on in gaming, you might be able to make a living off of it. She's nothing but a troll.

This doesn't surprise me, although I doubt anyone is actually worked up enough over this troll to want to murder her. I'm glad she has exposed herself as enough of an idiot to believe these death threats.

seriously wtf is wrong with idiots like this?

I will NEVERRRRRRRR EVER understand statements like "We need more female protaganists/heroes"

Game devs and story writers SHOULD WRITE/DEVELOP WHATEVER THEY WANT. IF THEIR STORY/DESIGN CALLS FOR A FEMALE HERO, THEN SO BE IT. DON'T FORCE IT JUST BECAUSE WE NEED MORE WOMEN.

*Game devs want to build a tactical shooter with US special forces. US Special Forces consist of all male. Boom - just a coincidence. OMG THAT'S IT! NO ANTI-FEMINISM FFS GET A LIFE

See: Affirmative Action. An absence of "diversity" even if it's simply someone hiring the most qualified people, equates to racism/sexism in the mind of the liberal elite. Because it's more important to hire an equal number of black/white/yellow/green/purple people, with an equal gender spread, than it is to hire the best people for the job.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

'I'm a strong independant woman who gets treated like shit because of mysogyny'.

-

'OH GOD SOMEONE SAID SOMETHING MEAN ON THE INTERNET'.

Joking aside, whoever gave her death threats is a prick. Way to undermine the genuine argument against her views.

But then again, fleeing your home? Plenty of people have threatened to kill me online, and I don't really make my location secret. Anyone who actually makes a death threat online is clearly too much of a wimp to say it to my face.

Fuck the verge for this clickbait. No decent media outlets anymore.

Everything said by me is my humble opinion and nothing more, unless otherwise stated.

Not everyone acts how you want them to. Like or dislike what you will, the fact remains she's an irritating fuckwit who spouts her Feminazi bullshit and fellow Feminazis gobble it up as truth. Watch her videos and at first you'll slightly understand the point she's trying to get across, then see how she twists and turns it into something ridiculous and idiotic, to spur forward her Feminazi agenda.

The simple fact that you use the term "feminazi" speaks volumes about how mature and reasonable you are as a person. I've seen some of her videos. I don't like them and I think she misses the point completely several times and focuses too much on problems without talking about reasonable solutions. With that opinion on her content established I stopped watching her videos and moved on with my life. She's free to think what she wants and make whatever videos she wants. It in no way affects my life and I don't see much point in debating with her.

"Trolls drive Anita Sarkeesian out of her house to prove misogyny doesn't exist"
"I’m safe. Authorities have been notified. Staying with friends tonight. I’m not giving up. But this harassment of women in tech must stop!"

I am not a fan of the amazing Atheist, but I think he put it perfectly when he said this:
"I think I finally figured out modern dag feminism. It's basically, there are a lot of these girls and women who are completely unlikable cunts who are shrill and annoying and evil, and they think that no one likes them because they are women. But really, no one likes them because they are horrible fucking people."

They are not sending her threats because she is a woman or to prove that sexism doesn't exist. They are sending her these threats because she is a horrible, manipulative person.

The guy who sent her all those creepy messages went too far though. I have absolutely no problem with people sending me threats on the Internet, except if they include my address and/or other person specific details.

Not everyone acts how you want them to. Like or dislike what you will, the fact remains she's an irritating fuckwit who spouts her Feminazi bullshit and fellow Feminazis gobble it up as truth. Watch her videos and at first you'll slightly understand the point she's trying to get across in each video for whatever topic she's discussing, then see how she twists and turns it into something ridiculous and idiotic, to spur forward her Feminazi propaganda.

Instig8iveJournalism did a pretty good video about her master thesis and how she can twist anything around to be harmful against women. She uses the same kind of logic in many of her videos.

"Trolls drive Anita Sarkeesian out of her house to prove misogyny doesn't exist"

"I’m safe. Authorities have been notified. Staying with friends tonight. I’m not giving up. But this harassment of women in tech must stop!"

I am not a fan of the amazing Atheist, but I think he put it perfectly when he said this:

"I think I finally figured out modern dag feminism. It's basically, there are a lot of these girls and women who are completely unlikable cunts who are shrill and annoying and evil, and they think that no one likes them because they are women. But really, no one likes them because they are horrible fucking people."

They are not sending her threats because she is a woman or to prove that sexism doesn't exist. They are sending her these threats because she is a horrible, manipulative person.

The guy who sent her all those creepy messages went too far though. I have absolutely no problem with people sending me threats on the Internet, except if they include my address and/or other person specific details.

Instig8iveJournalism did a pretty good video about her master thesis and how she can twist anything around to be harmful against women. She uses the same kind of logic in many of her videos.

-snip

applause.gif

I suppose I'll get called racist because there's no black people in this gif (at least none that I can see)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

The simple fact that you use the term "feminazi" speaks volumes about how mature and reasonable you are as a person. I've seen some of her videos. I don't like them and I think she misses the point completely several times and focuses too much on problems without talking about reasonable solutions. With that opinion on her content established I stopped watching her videos and moved on with my life. She's free to think what she wants and make whatever videos she wants. It in no way affects my life and I don't see much point in debating with her.

She is a Feminazi though.