Car thief first person to die in a Tesla Model S collision

ObeseWalrus

http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/10/5888463/car-thief-becomes-first-tesla-model-s-fatality

Thoughts?

I think that this proves that there can be fatalities in any automotive collision and that the Tesla Model S is a really safe car. 

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

i feel so sorry for the tesla   :(  :(  :(  

I don't, should I or Volvo feel sorry for themselves every time there is somebody that gets killed in a Volvo? Even if it was a maniac that drove with 250 km/h on a villa road and hit a house or a tree?

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Man the cops must of had a hard time vs practically a super car thats just using a virtual governor to keep it from going over 120 MPH

I am a happy wuffy

HUEHUEHUE

HUEHUEHUE

HUEHUEHUE

THE POOR TESLA !!!

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

If he was ejected from the car he probably wasn't wearing a safety belt.

well im glad teh first person to die was a dumb ass

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

So no reckless driving over 100mph. Got it.

I'll keep that in mind for when I can afford one around 10 years from now :(

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

That's one hell of an anti-theft protection

My thoughts exactly. I burst in to laughter when I read this.

Well whenever you're going 100 mph in anything that person asking for trouble

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

Now watch other car companies will step in and proclaim how unsafe the Tesla model S is. I would like Musk to take a car from each one of the other auto manufacturers and run them in crash tests at 100mph....then see whats left of them.

Is it some kind of news when a person dies in a car crash?

I didn't see any news when the first person died in a 2014 VW golf, and he/she worked at a supermarket.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

But where is the earth shattering boom?  aren't these electric vehicles supposed to be big bombs with the batteries they carry?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Now watch other car companies will step in and proclaim how unsafe the Tesla model S is.

No they won't.

They aren't that stupid.

No they won't.

They aren't that stupid.

I beg to differ. They already made a whole PR outcry over the other tesla crashes, and in all those crashes try swapping it with a competitors car......yeh i bet half those drivers would be dead and they would have burst into flames as well. Plus it seems as of late every big company is in a race to find out which one of them can make the dumbest statement.

So it takes supreme stupidity to outdo Tesla's incredible engineering? 

Roger that. 

The world weeps for the loss of the S, the Darwin Society rejoices at the success of yet another bafoon. 

I watched this live on TV a week ago. 

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Is it some kind of news when a person dies in a car crash?

I didn't see any news when the first person died in a 2014 VW golf, and he/she worked at a supermarket.

Its new because of a couple reasons. This is the first death in a consumer Tesla car. Of ANY model. There was probably reports of the first Ford crash, and any other major company. And also the Tesla Model S is touted as being on of the safest car on the planet, and it is.

It's also news because tech-people seem to really like Tesla.

Wasn't there a story earlier about some car theft who actually survived? Like the car splitting in half and a the driver still alive?

I feel so sad

For the tesla :( rip

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Instead he sped on, eventually colliding with three other vehicles and a pair of street poles. The final impact was severe enough to "split the Tesla in half" and eject Slot from the car's remains. The Tesla's front section wound up in the middle of the road and caught fire. Its rear portion flew through the air with such force that it slammed into the side of a local Jewish community center and became wedged there.

In Tesla's defense what car could honestly survive through this shit? Maybe Volvos or something but seriously.

Project Restomod (In progress)