What do people hate about Apple?

hambobolubia

i am half tempted to link all the other "why do people hate apple" threads, but i feel like i may never be able to accomplish that task because of the shear volume of these posts.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

i hate most of the people who blindly like macs for no reason(which is most non-tech people), every non-tech person I know just defaults to thinking that ALL macs have quad gtx titans and somehow 1tb of RAM and think they need that to browse facebook

person below me is a scrub

Maybe you should take a look at this:

I don't mind apple. They did push things like high pixel density (compare things like DPI scaling in OS X to Windows) and industrial design. I just don't like how they presented the image to consumers that they "invented" a lot of things.

They just perfected them. 

if you think so suuuuuuuuuuure...

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Apple has Invented things. Like a touchscreen phone. Or the tablet.  

WHAT? - Apple does not "invent" what they do, is Apple "innovate", which is not the same as "invent". Innovation could be re-inventing a previous technology, or using technology in a way previously not considered. Perhaps something as simple as using an aluminium uni-body is "innovative", not because they invented aluminium, but they used it in a way never done before 

There were touch screen phones and tablets YEARS before Apple even thought about making smart phones and tablets. 

I had a touch screen phone back in 2005, 2 years before the iPhone 2g, and I had a touch screen windows tablet/laptop hybrid thing too!

I mean I am a massive apple fan, but your thread is not only massively inaccurate but completely subjective.

There is no such thing as a "better" OS or a superior system. There is only the right system for the right person, this is dependant on what the person values in an OS, its aesthetics, tools, available hardware, available software, budget, customer service, experiance, compatibility etc

Apple are not really trying to be THE computer for everyone, they would have to sacrifice their ideals to make this happen and I dont see that happening while they are still raking in money into their swimming pools

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

WHAT? - Apple does not "invent" what they do, is Apple "innovate", which is not the same as "invent". Innovation could be re-inventing a previous technology, or using technology in a way previously not considered. Perhaps something as simple as using an aluminium uni-body is "innovative", not because they invented aluminium, but they used it in a way never done before 

There were touch screen phones and tablets YEARS before Apple even thought about making smart phones and tablets. 

I had a touch screen phone back in 2005, 2 years before the iPhone 2g, and I had a touch screen windows tablet/laptop hybrid thing too!

I mean I am a massive apple fan, but your thread is not only massively inaccurate but completely subjective.

There is no such thing as a "better" OS or a superior system. There is only the right system for the right person, this is dependant on what the person values in an OS, its aesthetics, tools, available hardware, available software, budget, customer service, experiance, compatibility etc

Apple are not really trying to be THE computer for everyone, they would have to sacrifice their ideals to make this happen and I dont see that happening while they are still raking in money into their swimming pools

These points, they are so good. I like you.

And to clear something up, Apple did in fact invent/design Mini DisplayPort. They also worked with Intel to launch Thunderbolt.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

These points, they are so good. I like you.

And to clear something up, Apple did in fact invent/design Mini DisplayPort. They also worked with Intel to launch Thunderbolt.

:), too many Apple vs the world arguments.. and I actually own and use Apple products and will continue to do so, as long as they fit my needs

Yeah that is true, there are things they have invented, I just meant in general Apple are more about innovation than they are about inventing. But if there is something they need that does not exist then they will invent it, or work with another company to bring an idea to market (like thunderbolt..which is amazing)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

if you think so suuuuuuuuuuure...

Did you ever use a touchscreen phone before the iphone? They were TERRIBLE. After apple came around everyone had to step their game up. Apple is very good for the phone/pc industry. They maybe didn't invent the tech, but they made it work much better than anyone before them. 

Did you ever use a touchscreen phone before the iphone? They were TERRIBLE. After apple came around everyone had to step their game up. Apple is very good for the phone/pc industry. They maybe didn't invent the tech, but they made it work much better than anyone before them. 

apple didnt invent the capacative touchscreen and they werent the first ones to implement it 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

There's so much wrong going on in this post...

So I have noticed around the forum that there are a lot of people that have been hating on Apple

Pretty sure if you went to a Mac centric forum you'd find a lot of people hating on windows, if you go to an xbox or playstation forum you'd find people hating on PC gaming

Even if you like Windows better

saying that Mac is bad is fanboying

So having an opinion makes you a fanboy? Saying a product is bad is not fanboying.

Around the forums i have seen people say "Any computer made buy Apple is bad." "Apple has never Invented anything." "Mac are not good for anything." "Apple devices are overpriced." the list goes on

You're on an online forum with lots of other people, there will be some irrational opinions.

Apple has Invented things. Like a touchscreen phone. Or the tablet.  

How about the iPod?

What about the LG Prada? What about those Windows XP Tablets that never took off? What about the Walkman? You can't criticise people for saying "apple don't invent" "macs aren't good for anything" and then blurt out uneducated rubbish like this.

Even if you like Android, it would not be around if it weren't for the iPhone 

Development for Android started before the iPhone was announced. You can't build a mobile OS from scratch in a year.

OSX in my opinion is much easier to use (especially against windows 8) for simple everyday things like web browsing, emails, photo editing, and more

So people having their own opinion and not liking OS X is wrong because in your opinion it's good?

At the end of the day we all have our own opinions. I personally don't like Apple as a company and their philosophies/practises as a business and that's my opinion. My mum has an iPhone 4 and an iPad air and they're great for her and that's good. I had an iPhone 3G and I liked it for the time it was a relevant product. I also use OS10.9 in a VM for Xcode and I like that functionality. I also appreciate the care and attention they give to their products and how they "just work". The difference is you're using your opinion like fact coupled with misinformation and because it's bad that people dislike apple because you like them. 

By creating threads like this you're achieving the opposite of your goals.

apple didnt invent the capacative touchscreen and they werent the first ones to implement it 

Both of those statements are true. They also don't have anything to do with anything that I said. 

please, you people need to stop resorting to insults when ever some one has a different opinion.  subjective opinions are not ignorant nor are they arrogant.  And if you want to talk up apple at least use facts and keep it objective.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Because they lock down their software to their own hardware and because I don't like the way they practice and run their company.

Essentially, when you buy Apple, you pay more for less. There's nothing wrong with paying more for a sleek design and a great premium feel, but Apple does this, but at the same time, they put inferior, outdated hardware into their machines.

I hate their fanbase, that act like they invented everything and innovated on everything. I hate that they sue their partners and competitors and I hate that they only make their services work properly with their own brand. I hate how their fans act like no other company cares about design and feel. I hate that they make people think that you have to pay so much money to get a great device.

If it keeps going on like this, we'll end up having ONE company supply all hardware, because it's the only thing compatible with their software, and it'll force people to pay much more than they need to OR live in the past. Not to mention you will have a harder time making your device personal, since it looks like every other persons, and there will be way fewer options.

I hope to see Apple change their direction completely. Their recent purchase of Beats describes perfectly what they are.

Pay more for less. That will be a regular thing, if Apple continues being succesful, the wait they practice their buisness now.

/rant

Because the majority of this forum is young PC "enthusiasts", of which group the loudest majority tends to be incredibly ignorant and arrogant.

What you just said was incredibly ignorant.

Hey.

Imacs aren't the worst. THe way all the hardware works together is magnificent compared to windows. Sure the OS is not the best, but you can install windows on it. They are overpriced but it's not the worst pc.

apple-haters_o_2919305.jpg

CPU: i5-3570K GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC MOBO: Asus P8Z77-M RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 16GB. PSU: Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 7 rev 2 

SSD: 1x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB, 1x Crucial M4 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB

Have you held an iPad Air? Also The mack pro is small It doesn't take up much room. And it has internal storage I'm not sure what drives your talking about?

Also looks like a trash can..

Corsair C70 | Gigabyte Widnforce R9 280x | AMD FX8320 3.5ghz | Corsair 750m | Gigabyte 990FXA-ud3 | Mushkin 120gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1tb | Mushkin 16gb ddr3 1333mhz Ram

What you just said was incredibly ignorant.

No. It's a tad arrogant I'll give you that, but factual none the less.

I think among the tech community, hating apple is quite fashionable, I mean other than their prices apple makes very good products.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

apple-haters_o_2919305.jpg

Actually because the blue part should be titled "because non tech savvy people worship apple for no reason thinking that the hardware and technology behind it is superior in every damn way" a colleague of mine is like that, he says his apple air is so much better than my laptop while he has a 1.5 GHz i5 and 4 gb of ram. I have a 2.5 GHz i5 and 8 GB of ram, he told me to do a boot up and start tasking performance test. I won. SSHD's are amazing little things, Macs have flash storage which makes them seem to boot faster. I won his little race and he's just like "yeah but my apple just cost $1500 (give or take) and he goes on that I probably payed a lot more for mine and he goes on saying that all the computers at work should be changed into macs regardless of the hardware inside and they will perform even better. This is what pisses me off about apple, its consumers, nothing else really. If I could get a Mac Pro 2013 for free or for a great deal, I'd buy it and load windows on it simply because I prefer the interface and I do in fact game as well as use programs that do not natively support mac OSX

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

Actually because the blue part should be titled "because non tech savvy people worship apple for no reason thinking that the hardware and technology behind it is superior in every damn way" a colleague of mine is like that, he says his apple air is so much better than my laptop while he has a 1.5 GHz i5 and 4 gb of ram. I have a 2.5 GHz i5 and 8 GB of ram, he told me to do a boot up and start tasking performance test. I won. SSHD's are amazing little things, Macs have flash storage which makes them seem to boot faster. I won his little race and he's just like "yeah but my apple just cost $1500 (give or take) and he goes on that I probably payed a lot more for mine and he goes on saying that all the computers at work should be changed into macs regardless of the hardware inside and they will perform even better. This is what pisses me off about apple, its consumers, nothing else really. If I could get a Mac Pro 2013 for free or for a great deal, I'd buy it and load windows on it simply because I prefer the interface and I do in fact game as well as use programs that do not natively support mac OSX

Some people buy apple just to post photo's of them on instagram/facebook (Title of photo would be: My pride and beauty #macbook #apple #vscocam #clean #white #nofilter)

Other people know why they need apple: work,school etc.

I don't think mac's (especially the retina mbp and the mac pro) are overprized anymore (but the storage prices are just rediculous). Apple delivers a great package: Build quality, os, hardware and long term support.

As an Android user i still don't believe in the "Android tablets" the apps are not optimized and the Apple app store has (imo) better apps. The iPhone is a SOLID phone but i like the abillity to customize my Nexus 5.

Owh and i wish Windows had something as handoff.

CPU: i5-3570K GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC MOBO: Asus P8Z77-M RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 16GB. PSU: Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 7 rev 2 

SSD: 1x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB, 1x Crucial M4 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB

Apple did not invent the touchscreen phone. It had been done a dozen times previously, all the way back to 1992.

Simon-the-first-smartphone.png

The same can be said of the MP3 player, Siri and just about anything apples ever made . They just did the best job at marketing it and dumping that revenue into R&D to improve on it steps ahead of any competition, creating a brand that can "reinvent" and sell just about anything.