What do people hate about Apple?

hambobolubia

so i go in to the apple store and i ask for something small and chep that will hold all of my music they sell me a ipod shuffle (2.0gb) i take it home and start to add my tunes to itunes and anyway they overly underestamataed my music ituens says 1873 songs 5.3 days and 10.78 gb.

just another thing to hate apple about i only found out that it was 2 gb when i got home and pluged it in

2gb? thats really small....why do they even produce that shitty thing?

But why would you buy an ipod without asking how big the fashmemory is?

2gb? thats really small....why do they even produce that shitty thing?

But why would you buy an ipod without asking how big the fashmemory is?

actually apple has a feature what automatically swaps random songs on your iPod if your link it with iTunes, this way your have different song everything you sync

Just a biologist. Yea, don't know what I'm doing on a tech forum either?

I'm an anti apple guy with a passion

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

actually apple has a feature what automatically swaps random songs on your iPod if your link it with iTunes, this way your have different song everything you sync

and why the hell is that necessary? Apple stands, for me personally, for high end stuff. And 2gb is a joke, a 8gb USB thumb drive costs 4$

Yes I have to agree you should have checked the file size of the music folder before purchasing the iPod, not really Apple's fault here. 

Ipod shuffles are for people who want something light with no more than a few hours worth of music so they can work out, job or whatever. . .  Surely you would know this before buying?

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

There is responsibility on the part of the consumer to actually know their own requirements before spending their money. 

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

lololololol...... you should hate yourself for being a terrible consumer.

In retrospect, they probably assumed you weren't tech savy (as is probably in their training). If a grandma walked in and said "something small" they could mean, "I have two albums from the 50's that I really want to listen to." It's worth it to check out a product thoroughly before purchasing, and it's even better if you do all the researching online! Plus apple is just not really worth it for the price other than a smooth UI (which I can achieve with android products anyway) IMO.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

It saus the amount kf storage on the box, and you should have asked. Your fault sir

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

• 1 year later...

How to end a never-ending argument

inspired by this post and the facebook status

Being a gamer, I understand how specs are really important when it comes to the performance of those specific types of applications.

But why are people so bothered about specs in Apple computers? Why do people feel the need to comment on everything about how

shit Apple are?

I really want to know what people hate about Apple, but hold up and hear me out. Like I said before, I'm a gamer too. I have a reasonably powerful gaming machine that cost the same as my MacBook Pro which I use for- my work.

I'm a computer science student with a Mac. People look at me like I'm alien when I use it in lessons, and people are always complaining about the cost of Macs when I'm using mine in the universities Mac laboratories. People always say, "oh it's stupid how this works", "why can't I right click this is so retarded", "scrolling is backwards how stupid is that" but I don't hear complaints when people use Windows. In fact, people just rage in silence every time Windows crashes and applications freeze, and don't want to tell everyone about it. Why is that?

Please tell me. I really couldn't do my work as efficient without a Mac. Yeah there's something psychological about the price that motivates me to do a little more with my expensive hardware, but I just couldn't work without the precise trackpad and mouse tracking, poweruser-friendly keyboard shortcuts for everything and the ability to still use the rest of my computer when one application crashes.

Before you post, let me counter a few arguments you may have:

Apple are overpriced!:

Are they? While you might see specs being the thing that costs the most in a system, I see rock solid stability, ease of use and exceptional design of the operating system itself justifying the cost.

People only use them to use Facebook!:

Not true in the slightest. I've never seen one of these coffee-shop hipsters in my life. I don't have an instagram account and my Mac friends that do certainly don't waste their precious battery life on instagram. Everyone I know that has a Mac has them for a reason. From programmers and freelancers, all the way to student clothing designers. My old school got them and the students have been doing really well in terms of art and music since, and I see their work all the time. And when we're not in work, we catch up on our social life like everyone else.

Mobile hardware in a desktop? Pah!:

Mobile hardware isn't bad hardware. It means it's incredibly power efficient. People don't understand that the reason Apple use mobile chips is because the general audience for a given price point don't need super-powerful hardware.

This reminds me of greasy and obnoxious sales people. You should buy this product, because it's faster. If only people asked themselves... will they ever use the full power of the machine?

Couple this with apples excellent design philosophy, and you get a piece of beautiful hardware, that has enough horsepower as one would need to ensure the machine meets thermal requirements and stays reliable in the process. Bingo. I want one.

The Mac Pro is stupid!:

This has been busted by Linus himself. I will pay you $10 IF you can find a system that is built with workstation grade hardware designed to last a loooong time, features dual workstation GPUs, ECC Memory which MASSIVELY improves reliability, expandable as much and as fast as thunderbolt, and all fits inside a case that stays quiet, cool, and less than the volume of your (considerably smaller than usual) trashcan. and overall, is cheaper than the Mac Pro.

Open discussion, lets go!

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: ASUS Strix X570-I Gaming ITX | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3600MHz | Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB PCI-e Gen 4 & 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Cooler: Stock Prism | Case: NZXT H210i | PSU: Corsair CS500M

They run a butchered Linux Kernal.

They are locked down tight.

All the fan boys insist "ohh I don't need an antivirus its a MAC" ... WRONG.

They ARE overpriced for what they are.

*fishing line out*

----

ps - I don't hate Apple its just my reasons I Dislike them.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

They run a butchered Linux Kernal.

All the fan boys insist "ohh I don't need an antivirus its a MAC" ... WRONG.

They are overpriced for what they are.

*fishing line out*

People are actually serious about those though :L

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: ASUS Strix X570-I Gaming ITX | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3600MHz | Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB PCI-e Gen 4 & 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Cooler: Stock Prism | Case: NZXT H210i | PSU: Corsair CS500M

Yes they are overpriced where I live.

$2500 for the worst model of the MBP 13"?

IPhones were $1500 when flagship android phones were $800...now android flagships reached to $1000 and the IPhone is $1250.

And I don't even get Apple-like costumer support because I'm probably going to buy from a reseller!

In the US Apple makes more sense.

Here,not at all.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I personally like apple a lot (macbooks and iphones are great products imo) the only thing i dont like is 

Song Of The Day: Nujabes - Battlecry

They are definitely overpriced here in the UK. No doubt.

Also, funnily enough i have had macs erase my usb drives, crash and power off while im working (imac not macbook) and have had no issues with windows.

So please forgive me if i have no love for apple.

Everything said by me is my humble opinion and nothing more, unless otherwise stated.

Apple makes some awesome stuff. Most people take a dislike to them because it's "cool" to dislike them, especially in this kind of community.

Since when has OS X been locked down? ...Never lol

You guys are crazy. You know you guys are self-destructive. There's a funny farm somewhere and it's got your names written all over it. But I'm gettin' outta here.

OSX isnt based on Linux ....

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Why do people think that Mac OS X Is based off a Linux Kernel, its a Unix Kernel called Darwin.

unix_history-simple.png

Mac OS X Is very stable, Yes you do need an antivirus (The only people who beleve that suckkel off the tits of the apple marketing teams.)

Yes some of their products are overpriced but as I like to say if you want to pay that price then pay it, if you dont then dont! 

I've owned 2 desktop Macs from new, A PowerMac G4 in 1999 and a 2008 Mac Pro (Which I am still using this day).

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

We wouldn't hate apple as much if there weren't so many ignorant kids that fanboy about apple and how apple is great for everything and apple is better than PC and all gamers are on apple.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Yes they are overpriced where I live.

$2500 for the worst model of the MBP 13"?

IPhones were $1500 when flagship android phones were $800...now android flagships reached to $1000 and the IPhone is $1250.

And I don't even get Apple-like costumer support because I'm probably going to buy from a reseller!

In the US Apple makes more sense.

Here,not at all.

Where are you? Here in the UK all hardware is more expensive so yeah doesn't make a blind bit of difference.

Spoiler

they smell bad

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

IMO: 

-*Some* of their products are overpriced and underwhelming in terms of performance/user experience.

-As @Altecice said, the OS is locked down way too much.

I personally don't hate "Apple". I simply dislike *some* of their products.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Apple are overpriced!:

Are they? While you might see specs being the thing that costs the most in a system, I see rock solid stability, ease of use and exceptional design of the operating system itself justifying the cost.

While I don't personally see the design as a justification for the price, I can see why some people do. 

I will however disagree with the OS part. I have had several stability problems with Mac OS over the years and I find the OS to be lacking key options in places where it matters. For example there is no easy way to format a drive in Finder. It should just be a right click away, but insted I have to find the option somewhere else. 

It has been some time since tried this, so it might have been changed

Mobile hardware in a desktop? Pah!:

Mobile hardware isn't bad hardware. It means it's incredibly power efficient. People don't understand that the reason Apple use mobile chips is because the general audience for a given price point don't need super-powerful hardware.

This reminds me of greasy and obnoxious sales people. You should buy this product, because it's faster. If only people asked themselves... will they ever use the full power of the machine?

Couple this with apples excellent design philosophy, and you get a piece of beautiful hardware, that has enough horsepower as one would need to ensure the machine meets thermal requirements and stays reliable in the process. Bingo. I want one.

The Mac Pro is stupid!:

This has been busted by Linus himself. I will pay you $10 IF you can find a system that is built with workstation grade hardware designed to last a loooong time, features dual workstation GPUs, ECC Memory which MASSIVELY improves reliability, expandable as much and as fast as thunderbolt, and all fits inside a case that stays quiet, cool, and less than the volume of your (considerably smaller than usual) trashcan. and overall, is cheaper than the Mac Pro.

I don't have a problem with these. If people want to pay for those, that's fine. The design on the iMac is gorgeous, but not something I would pay a premium for

Personally I wouldn't buy a Mac Pro, since it lacks some features that would be essential to the work I (Well, my wife) do. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

IMO: 

-*Some* of their products are overpriced and underwhelming in terms of performance/user experience.

-As @Altecice said, the OS is locked down way too much.

I personally don't hate "Apple". I simply dislike *some* of their products.

He wasn't being serious with the OS being locked down, he was trolling

The OS isn't locked down. You can run what you want and it's surprisingly more easy to do it than Windows. Apple provide frameworks for everything.

Spoiler