What do people hate about Apple?

hambobolubia

Okay i'm not sure if I've ever replied to these types of threads but here's my opinion i don't hate apple they have there strengths such as my main music player for when i'm in the shower and playing music through a Bluetooth speaker is my ipod nano 7th gen because it's simple and rather durable after being dropped many a times before i had a smart phone and has 0 scratches on the screen but 1-2 scratches on the sides. This also isn't my first Ipod i also owned an IPod nano 4th gen that i loved to death til i eventually lost it at school and it probably got stolen and i was out a music player when walking to and from school. However most of the time if i'm mowing my lawn or riding around i still use my ipod because my phone likes to randomly pause my music due to vibrations or something idk but i think apple just owns the small form factor mp3 player department some of you may say that you can just use your phone so it's 1 less thing to carry however my ipod nano is tiny and i hardly notice it so to me that's BS. but i'll never own a mac because it'd be like learn how to use a computer all over again and i've been using a pc since i could reach the mouse and keyboard on my mom's desk growing up which was when i was about 3 however i can still fix them and have used them but it's not for me maybe it i could get a mac book for insanely cheap new and i had them money for it i would consider it maybe depend on what else was out there i could afford and how it would suit me even though all i do in my laptop is browse facebook and watch youtube videos. But what i do hate about apple is the fact that whenever i talk to some people who own a mac they are all snooty and privileged about it and act like i'm from the stone age so it the attitude that the fanboys of apple which is why i can never step foot in a starbucks. 

TL;DR: Apple= ipod nanos good, Apple fanboys= have a stick up their ass

My build: Cpu: (AMD Ryzen 7 1700) Heatsink: (Deepcool Captain 240 rgb) GPU: (Zotac AMP! GTX 1060 6gb) Ram: (Corsair LPX 8Gb DDR4 2400) Mobo: ( Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K&) Case: (NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal) PSU: (Lepa B550 550w) OS:  (Windows 10

Okay i'm not sure if I've ever replied to these types of threads but here's my opinion i don't hate apple they have there strengths such as my main music player for when i'm in the shower and playing music through a Bluetooth speaker is my ipod nano 7th gen because it's simple and rather durable after being dropped many a times before i had a smart phone and has 0 scratches on the screen but 1-2 scratches on the sides. This also isn't my first Ipod i also owned an IPod nano 4th gen that i loved to death til i eventually lost it at school and it probably got stolen and i was out a music player when walking to and from school. However most of the time if i'm mowing my lawn or riding around i still use my ipod because my phone likes to randomly pause my music due to vibrations or something idk but i think apple just owns the small form factor mp3 player department some of you may say that you can just use your phone so it's 1 less thing to carry however my ipod nano is tiny and i hardly notice it so to me that's BS. but i'll never own a mac because it'd be like learn how to use a computer all over again and i've been using a pc since i could reach the mouse and keyboard on my mom's desk growing up which was when i was about 3 however i can still fix them and have used them but it's not for me maybe it i could get a mac book for insanely cheap new and i had them money for it i would consider it maybe depend on what else was out there i could afford and how it would suit me even though all i do in my laptop is browse facebook and watch youtube videos. But what i do hate about apple is the fact that whenever i talk to some people who own a mac they are all snooty and privileged about it and act like i'm from the stone age so it the attitude that the fanboys of apple which is why i can never step foot in a starbucks. 

TL;DR: Apple= ipod nanos good, Apple fanboys= have a stick up their ass

starbucks is a good point :P i just did a rant to should have mentions snooty people

Must be the opposite, what the hell does becouse mean?

Usually you know a graph is created for the sole purpose of fanboy arguments and pushing an opinion when it has no links to supporting research or the source and the data is not qualified.  But this graph has taken it one step further to include spelling mistakes as evidence it is founded on nothing more than a trollish attitude.  :lol: 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Theres nothing special(good) about apple except special high prices.Apart from the 1st release of "smarphone" which lead the way to the current crazyness i dont know any other single product worth even my time reading about from apple.

Clearly you have never used a MacBook. Here are all the things they get right

• looks
  • unibody aluminium
  • build quality
  • no cheap plastic
  • cooling vents in sensible locations instead of at the bottom where they can easily get suffocated
  • the trackpad, serious, nothing comes close to it and its almost as good as using a mouse (which you can't do on a bus or plane)
  • the keyboard has prefect travel distance, key sizing, and a good backlight that doesn't whine like the XPS 15
  • decent speakers for laptop speakers
  • damn good ips screen
  • high performance ssd's as opposed to the cheap ssd's some others use

In comparison to other ultrabook the MBP is actually pretty good for its price, no other $1200 ultrabook is going to have the iris or iris pro gpu (marginally better than the 4400 or 4600)

• looks - Subjective
  • unibody aluminium - I'll give you that
  • build quality - Seemingly easy to get dented and scratched from what I've seen
  • no cheap plastic - Same with most ultrabooks
  • cooling vents in sensible locations instead of at the bottom where they can easily get suffocated - Except, they have not propper intake
  • the trackpad, serious, nothing comes close to it and its almost as good as using a mouse (which you can't do on a bus or plane) - My HP from 2008 has a pretty damn good trackpad
  • the keyboard has prefect travel distance, key sizing, and a good backlight that doesn't whine like the XPS 15 - Subjective
  • decent speakers for laptop speakers - not the 13" model
  • damn good ips screen - I'll give you that
  • high performance ssd's as opposed to the cheap ssd's some others use - I'll also give you that until M.2 becomes more widely used

My thoughts on your arguments

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

With Apple you're locked into their limited set of hardware and they tend to do more "locking down" into the experience they want you to have. You often can't do any sort of hardware upgrades and your software updates are at the mercy of Apple. If they don't want to support your Mac in the next OSX update then that's it. Versus Windows/Linux as long as you meet a barebones spec you can try to install the OS and maybe turn down some of the features to make it run faster.

The reason Apple has such a strong following is that with this strong ecosystem of devices you know things will work together or simply that they will work, and that if you buy an Apple computer you aren't going to get junk.

I know people may disagree with me on that last part but I can easily find hundreds of crap Windows PCs out there because all the OEMs need a license of Windows. My Mom used to have a netbook running Windows 7 Starter Edition. It barley ran and the fan was obnoxious.

Granted that is a cheaper device for the millions of people who aren't tech-literate going with Apple makes things very easy because things will just work.

Personally, I like Unix and Linux but found OSX strange to get used to and even when I got used to it I thought there were some things that weren't so "uber user friendly" like they claim to be. For example, closing a program versus quitting it. I click the x I expect it to be gone, done, not running in the background at all. Instead I have to be sure to quit the application. Installing sometimes is dragging an icon to the applications folder, sometimes I get a wizard. This was pretty confusing to me at first.

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

macbook pro > any other laptop other than maybe a nx500.

windows laptops are annoying and feel cramped and hard to work with. surfare pro 3 is the only thing I'd pick up for windows.

android over apple imho though, Imac is better than any windows all in one. mac pro is better than most workstations even though it is costly.

but overall windows is still better for the desktop.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

• looks - Subjective - True, the ATIVbook 9 looks nice, but whatever, its subjective.
  • unibody aluminium - I'll give you that
  • build quality - Seemingly easy to get dented and scratched from what I've seen - But at least it doesn't crack like plastic does, and if you bend plastic it becomes weak and looks kind of weird, overall though it has little flex, and it hold up pretty well when dropped
  • no cheap plastic - Same with most ultrabooks - Zenbooks, they have sooo much flex to them its just silly, even if it isn' plastic.
  • cooling vents in sensible locations instead of at the bottom where they can easily get suffocated - Except, they have not propper intake - its enough for the hardware inside, plus it doesn't spew super hot air onto your lap or out the side but rather at the hinge. On top of that most laptops and ultrabooks I have seen have intakes on the bottom, which means they get suffocated on a lap or on a bed.
  • the trackpad, serious, nothing comes close to it and its almost as good as using a mouse (which you can't do on a bus or plane) - My HP from 2008 has a pretty damn good trackpad - Name a modern laptop (preferably gaming or ultrabook) that has one, not many do, and Apple consistently does it right, plus they are pretty big. Although they do lack physical buttons.
  • the keyboard has perfect travel distance, key sizing, and a good backlight that doesn't whine like the XPS 15 - Subjective - Yes, but they are better than most others (some are just plain bad). Personally I like Lenovo's keyboards the most, but Apple does a decent job
  • decent speakers for laptop speakers - not the 13" model - I was referring to the 15" model, but yeah, I'll give you that one, although they are still better than some (looking at you Asus)
  • damn good ips screen - I'll give you that
  • high performance ssd's as opposed to the cheap ssd's some others use - I'll also give you that until M.2 becomes more widely used - There will still be cheap M.2 ssds, and not all companies will switch over for years. Plus, there is still the issue of price gauging where companies charge things like $200 to go from a 5400 rpm 500GB drive to a 128GB SSD. Apple still price gauges, but not as bad as others, and at least they use high end stuff.

Overall I feel like its subjective, and while MBP might not be the best bang for the buck performance wise they are still well built machines that are good enough for the average user and students who need a light, well build, thin machine. I am not going to carry around a ROG or Sager laptop to college classes, because that would be absurd. Regardless, MBP's aren't as bad as people think. There other Mac products are a different story.

Because people keep making threads about it

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Overall I feel like its subjective, and while MBP might not be the best bang for the buck performance wise they are still well built machines that are good enough for the average user and students who need a light, well build, thin machine. I am not going to carry around a ROG or Sager laptop to college classes, because that would be absurd. Regardless, MBP's aren't as bad as people think. There other Mac products are a different story.

True. If I was looking at a new laptop I'd defiantly consider a Macbook Air.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

True. If I was looking at a new laptop I'd defiantly consider a Macbook Air.

Meh, until Apple makes a Retina MBA it wouldn't be worth it. It was a cool laptop when it was first announced, and it kick started the ultrabook market, but now its a bit lackluster. Hopefully Apple does a major overhaul to it soon.

12" RMBA, please Apple?

Because people like you keep making threads about why does everyone hate Apple.. we hate it because you pathetically clingy to it. 

Reason why Apple PCs are better:

They look nice - Says some

They work better - Says some

More productive - Says some

Worth the price - Says some

<Reasons> - Says some

Reason why [not apple] PCs are better:

<Reasons> - Says some

Same applies to software.. some like it, some hate it. If either or both make a bad business move that doesn't make much sense, we are going to hate on them both equally and as harshly as possible. 

/end

I am whatever I am. 

Because people like you keep making threads about why does everyone hate Apple.. we hate it because you pathetically clingy to it. 

Reason why Apple PCs are better:

<Reasons> - Says some

Reason why [not apple] PCs are better:

<Reasons> - Says some

Same applies to software.. some like it, some hate it. If either or both make a bad business move that doesn't make much sense, we are going to hate on them both equally and as harshly as possible. 

/end

How dare you bring rational unbiased thoughts to this hate thread.  How can we hate on a product if you go and be all logical about it?  :P:D:ph34r:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I wouldn't say apple isn't good for anything. Phone wise i prefer android but thats my taste. But the Macs and i don't care if mac or mac book are overpriced. I think that Apple is good for people that cant handle PC's like my Mother she has a MacBook and i think its perfect for her: and Yeah you can edit with them but for the same price you'd get a beast of a Pc so thats that. Invention vise you're right Apple invented some important things like the

Personal Computer or REAL Smartphones or Tablets but at the and of the day the pricetag is really high up there.

Y U NO PICTURES

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻---

(not even emoticons ?)

How dare you bring rational unbiased thoughts to this hate thread.  How can we hate on a product if you go and be all logical about it?  :P:D:ph34r:

+1 man. And because I'm like apple.. I think different. :P

I am whatever I am. 

TL;DR

There is nothing wrong with Apple's products; however, Apple, the company, is a massive arsehole.

You do have some very good points about apple but also you have some wrong points that you don't know what you are talking about. Apple has never really invented anything they have mostly only redone and inovated things. Please watch this 

. Saying apple invented the touch screen phone or the tablet is just plain fanboy and ignorance. You are right about the iPod that it was a huge game changer in the way we enjoyed music portably. One point you should have put in there was you left out itunes that was something apple did that had a huge impact (not the software cuz it sucks and i don't wanna update something everyday, i have java and flash doing it don't need itunes :P) Now when you talk about macs being more expensive that pc that is true and you posting on forums that are mostly pc enthusiasts and builders, that is not a war you would win on here. Next part, OS_X is much easier to use than windows because of how the UI is. But it is preference if you take a full time mac use and put them on a pc they would be lost and vice versa. They final point you made that made me die of laughter was that apple is the most valuable company in the world that is just complete ignorance. Please see this before making that statement http://www.nasdaq.com/article/a-closer-look-at-the-worlds-10-most-valuable-brands-cm356824 . Now before you start saying i'm a fanboy and just hate apple i do not, Yes primaraly I use a windows based pc and an android smartphone. But i also have an ipad have had ipods, and use macs everyday at school. If you look at core specs than most of the time apple loses and you cant argue with that. Unlike some people i can acually say why i don't like apple products. I think they are overpriced, i don't like the UI of the iphone or OS_X, I game which sucks on a mac, if apple dropped its prices and made the iphone actually stack up with the HTC One M8, Samsung S5, LG G3 than i mgiht get an iphone but i dont see that happening sooooo ya rant over.Thank you for making this thread for the 2000th time.

That post is wrong. Apple is the most valuable company in the world. They are worth $500 Billion

That post is wrong. Apple is the most valuable company in the world. They are worth $500 Billion

Depends on what you determine to be valuable:

by market capitalization: usually apple and probably are again because it changes so frequently: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-25/apple-surrenders-to-exxon-mobil-as-world-s-most-valuable-company.html

by brand value: Google http://edition.cnn.com/2014/05/21/tech/innovation/google-apple-brand-value/

by revenue for tech: samsung

by profit for tech: apple

and so on and so forth, it's a pointless argument because anyone can simply change the criteria to get the results that support their feelings.

everyone has different opinions.  Now, I've owned both Apple and microsoft products and am not a faboy to either side.  

I personally think Apple products are overpriced to some people, and Apple's services are definitely overpriced.  I think the Quality of Apple's products are fantastic, HOWEVER.  It depends on how you see quality, if you see quality as being specifications, speed and customization.  Apple's are not for you, if you think of quality as attention to detail and craftsmanship, then Apple's might be for you.    

But when it comes down to it, I don't give a crap if people have different opinions to me and you shouldn't either.  Wherever you go there will be people who don't like what you do.   There will always be people who couldn't give a crap about an overpriced computer that takes up barely any space, some people could.  

So I think this thread is kind of pointless, since this same question has been asked all over the internet for years upon years and you could find it pretty much anywhere, and has been answered.  So my answer is people have opinions, and if your opinion of quality and price to performance is different.  Who Gives A Crap.

I am just going to replay to the topic. 

Because apple pie so damn overrated. It ruined people eating just apples all together, they got bombarded from mcdonalds, burger king and marie calendar..So much apple pie ruined just the plain fruit for so many people..

@syrazpc - for all my rambles about PC's -- My Gallifreyan Build In Progress

BECAUSE APPLE PATENTED REVERSIBLE USB AND DESTROYED LITTLE KIDS DREAMS

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Why do people keep posting on this?

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

my mac has been pissing me off.  Stupid apps prevent it from shutting down.  Last night it wouldn't shut down because of mail...When I click shutdown I expect it to do so in an expeditious fashion. 

Why do people keep posting on this?

Because i encourage them to make this thread end as a troll thread and get closed :3

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct