What do people hate about Apple?

hambobolubia

I've had nothing but problems with apple and I've given them more chances than they deserved. When I had my macbook pro I couldn't upgrade to the newest OS because they stopped selling the one after mine and you had to buy every single upgrade to get to the newest one (which is fucking stupid), and my motherboard randomly died after about a year and their customer service was  painfully difficult to deal with. They insisted that it was my fault and that they only use "premium hardware" that would "never fail on it's own," and they wanted $600 to fix it. $600 to replace a fucking motherboard.

Not to mention the fact that about 1/2 the time I plug my phone into my computer it wipes everything off of it (music, pictures, contacts everything) and I've also had it wipe contacts on its own randomly.

Worst of all is the whole design philosophy. The "think different" pretentious attitude that if you buy their products you're better than everyone who doesn't, and the difficulty to customize software. The ridiculous limitations they have over your music on itunes as well is infuriating.

Not their products, their lawsuits.....

I dislike apple because I fail to see why iPhone is $400 more than a iPod. and Apple charges $100 for double the storage and it's not even expandable like android where you can simple add an Micro SDHC. I also dislike Apple's computer due to the fact that I cant play games as good as a custom built windows computer, other than that, productivity is great on Mac computers... what's so great about apple that I love the most? well it's what they do, they take what there's already is and make it better... well, design overall is better and maybe more capability like usage and stuff...

If that is true then in your position a Mac truly makes sense. May I ask where you live? I'm just curious.

Denmark

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

Mac can't read NTFS. That's why. But it's safe to plug a drive in, it's only until it gets formatted that it should break it

Edit: And adding files to it would facilitate that

Linux can read NTFS :)

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

That "hipster tech" is quite good considering. 

My 2013 rMBP can easily compete with my 4.3 ghz 4670k when it comes to anything except gaming/rendering. 

Like browsing the web?  What does that even mean

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

I don't like the OS and the prices, they're more expensive in the UK.

Their patents. Like how the fuck did they get a patent for rounded corners?

i7 4770K @ 4.5GHZ, NH-D14, Kingston HyperX Black 8GB, Asus Z87-A, Fractal Design XL R2, MSI TF IV R9 280x, BTFNX 550G

one thing .. build quality and good support is no excuse to raise the price that high, look at lenovo their built quality is amazing and if something breaks they will send someone over to fix it.

Not so quite.

Overall, I haven't encountered any customer service as good as Apple's.

Also, to have a physical store where I can bring in my products instead of always sending back laptops to fix is a big plus.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1357155/lenovo-responds-after-cancelling-customer-orders-due-to-pricing-error/

My 5year old macbook air still runs smoother than my 2 year old i5 ultrabook. Their build quality is a huge plus for me.

Though I do dislike their rMBP line's pricing and their patent trolling tendencies. 

Nothing

So I have noticed around the forum that there are a lot of people that have been hating on Apple. Why does Apple get so much hate? Even if you like Windows better

saying that Mac is bad is fanboying.  Now Im not talking about just mac Apple gets hate in all departments.  Around the forums i have seen people say "Any

computer made buy Apple is bad." "Apple has never Invented anything." "Mac are not good for anything." "Apple devices are overpriced." the list goes on. Apple does

not make bad products. They have great designs, great build quality, and remarkable forum factor. Apple has Invented things. Like a touchscreen phone. Or the tablet.  

How about the iPod? All of these products have changed the world. Even if you like Android, it would not be around if it weren't for the iPhone.  Now overall Macs do

tend to be more expensive then PC's. That's because there nice. Even though you say "I could build that for cheaper." your not just paying for the hardware your paying

for the form factor and the research that went into developing it. The Razer blade 2014 is a perfect example of this same thing for a windows computer. But OSX is not

bad. I will admit Mac is not really the best for games. But in other things it excels. OSX in my opinion is much easier to use (especially against windows 8) for simple

everyday things like web browsing, emails, photo editing, and more.  Now Apples market share of the consumer computer market is growing.  So if they where bad

they would not be selling.  Now there's a reason why the are the most valuable company in the world. There's a reason why their worth over $500 billion. They make

nice products. And people love them. Now I own a lot of apple products. And i own a lot of windows products. I use OSX and Windows. Their both good. Now as

much of a Apple Fanboy I might of sounded like, Im not.  Both windows and mac are good. But Apple and general is not bad. So at the end of the day even if you like

Windows/Microsoft/Andriod Apple still makes good products. Now if you like other products better thats fine, but don't hate on Apple. 

TFmPHyx.gif

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I am usually not the one to post stuff like this... but fuck man. This topic has been on here a dozen times atleast! 

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

i love my iphone and mac, as well as my gaming pc. also, the initial thread was too long

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

-snip-

I refuse to deal with it. Deal with me not dealing with it.

vuElHw4.gif

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Even though you say "I could build that for cheaper." your not just paying for the hardware your paying

for the form factor and the research that went into developing it. The Razer blade 2014 is a perfect example of this same thing for a windows computer.

Yeah.Only we can't build laptops by ourselves.

Jeez.How many times has this been posted?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Wow the Windows fanboys are already here.

People hate on apple because people have opinions.

People hate on windows because people have opinions.

That is all.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review