Where did the search bar go?

julekule

considering it literally never works who cares

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I don't know if this is just me but I cant locate the search button here on forums, it should be more visible. can someone show me where it is ?

Go to google and type: site:linustechtips.com [searchterm]

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

It always worked for me... I liked it

considering it literally never works who cares

It always worked for me... I liked it

Really? almost every thread that is a repost is because the search system didnt work properly

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Really? almost every thread that is a repost is because the search system didnt work properly

Yeah, because the IPB searchfunction is literally useless. You can type in the exact threadtitle and it won't find it. It's supposed to search both title and posts by default, but it doesn't.

DayZ Forum Moderator, DayZ Developer, ARMA 3: 2017 Developer, System-Admin, Gameserver-Admin, always interested to learn something new as well as new people.

Yeah, because the IPB searchfunction is literally useless. You can type in the exact threadtitle and it won't find it. It's supposed to search both title and posts by default, but it doesn't.

yeah its pretty much a chocolate kettle

yeah it was rolling the dice for me, sometimes it work other it didnt

so is the ipb search was made with faults?

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I still think there should be some search function, but I agree that the previous search bar was horrible, you literally couldn't find anything.

Its called Google. In Google type "site:linustechtips.com your search here" and it will find what your looking for.

I'm a new member, and just had the idea to search for "surface" to see what people though about the Surface Pro 3. However, I'm unable (possibly due to idiocy) to find a search function, so I've been hitting the "next page" button and using ctrl+f.

Am I stupid, or is there just not a search function? Honestly I'm fine either way.

Step up, you fools.

No, there used to. Not for now. 

There was an search function but it was removed because it didn't work at all. Search on Google something like "Surface Pro 3 linustechtips.com" and i'm sure you'll find something relevant on the forum

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

We stick to Google search + LTT(Linustechtips) 

it does a great job,the one the forum used to have had problems 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Site:linustechtips.com "search term" in google for now, and when ip4 comes there will be a search

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Yes its called google advanced search.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

The search function is taking a break because it broke some stuff, although there is no timeline for when we can expect it to come back.

Until it returns, the best way to search the forums is to do a Google search for site:linustechtips.com <query>

HTTP/2 203

@SimpleG Nice to expose your e-mail. Now those who knows your e-mail will know who you are and that you like to watch hamster pr0n. :P :lol:

It's funny how on mobile, the search is still there.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

@SimpleG Nice to expose your e-mail. Now those who knows your e-mail will know who you are and that you like to watch hamster pr0n. :P :lol:

It's funny how on mobile, the search is still there.

I know but I use a another email :P

b4ae696799abe34d920710a1ff3444a5.png

Oh yes ladies. Back in business. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Not for me.  :(

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.