Where did the search bar go?

julekule

on http://linustechtips.com/main/ there used to be a search bar on the right side above recent topics

Linus took it out back and shot it. The poor thing was sick, good thing it doesn't need to suffer anymore.

Okay, they took it off because it was broken and didn't work properly anyway.

Yup google works great with LTT, also you can use bots to slowdown any forum through the search engine (thats why most forum require you to enter a code to submit the search request)

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." - Bill Shankly

Ah that explains why I could not find a search thingie a few days ago. I was startled because I thought there must be one somewhere...

On the mobile website of this forum there is a search tool. I think that they should get a new one for the forum, because its an essential tool for it. Especially if I am looking for tutorials or if I need to know if some questions have already been answered.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It was causing a number of back end issues, and has been temporarily removed. Once the issues have been resolved, the intention is to bring it back, but there's no Eta for that yet.

In the mean time, do a Google search for site:linustechtips.com <query>

HTTP/2 203

Hey out there.
Am i the only one that have lose the Search field on the Forum?
I know i have used it before but know its gone?
I'm using Opera i cannot find it :(
I also tried IE :wacko: but its not there either :(

Am i missing something or is the Search field gone in the forum.
Hope some of you know more then i do :)

You sir, have a wonderful day ?  | Sorry for my bad dyslexia English  :(

Spoiler

Gaming PC - MB: MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE - CPU: AMD 3950X - RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3733 C17 DC - 32GB - GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti ROG STRIX OC - 11GB GDDR6 - Soundcard: Creative Sound Blaster ZXR - Headset: Sennheiser PC350SE - PSU: Corsair AX860i - SSD: Samsung 980PRO 1TB - SSD: Samsung 970 Evo+ 1TB

HTPC - MB: MSI B450M MORTAR - CPU: AMD 2400G - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 3200MHz 32GB - GPU: AMD 2400G - PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium Fanless 600W - SSD: Samsung EVO 120GB - HDD: 7x 3TB WD RED in raid 6 - Raid controller: MEGARAID LSI 9361-8I

disabled
also never use the forum search, even when it is here. Always use google advanced search instead.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

They removed it because it never worked, just use google and add "linus" to the end of whatever you search. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

IT'S GONE FORREVAH!

NOOOOOOooooooooo  :o 

(It might come back)

(I hope so)

Spoiler

Gaming PC - MB: MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE - CPU: AMD 3950X - RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3733 C17 DC - 32GB - GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti ROG STRIX OC - 11GB GDDR6 - Soundcard: Creative Sound Blaster ZXR - Headset: Sennheiser PC350SE - PSU: Corsair AX860i - SSD: Samsung 980PRO 1TB - SSD: Samsung 970 Evo+ 1TB

HTPC - MB: MSI B450M MORTAR - CPU: AMD 2400G - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 3200MHz 32GB - GPU: AMD 2400G - PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium Fanless 600W - SSD: Samsung EVO 120GB - HDD: 7x 3TB WD RED in raid 6 - Raid controller: MEGARAID LSI 9361-8I

Okey thanks the answers guys :)

Spoiler

It's been disabled since it didn't work properly.

Just Google: site:linustechtips.com *your search here*

Example: https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=site:linustechtips.com+graphics+card

Then you can adjust the time frame in the search tools if you want latest threads.

it never worked anyway.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

It's been temporarily removed because it was causing back end issues with the forum, but once the issues can be resolved, the intention is for it to be reimplemented.

For now, to search the forum, search Google for site:linustechtips.com <query>

By colonel_mortis from this thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/261916-search-bar/

CPU: Intel 3770k Cooling: Corsair H100i Motherboard: MSI Z77 MPower Memory: 2x4gb Corsair 1600 ddr3 GPU: Sapphire 6950 2gb with reference Cooler PSU: XFX pro 650w Case: Corsair Carbide 500r Storage: Crucial M4 128GB, 2x Samsung 1TB, 1x Seagate 2TB

CPU: Pentium 4 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-8SGXL Memory: 2GB ddr Storage: 250GB IDE OS: FreeBSD

Search is speaking: Yo momas house!

Don't get offended.It's just a joke.

I must be blind I can't seem to find out where to search function is, can someone please tell me where it is.

its gone just use google

"what you want to search" site:linustechtips.com

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

You must the 10000000th one to ask

its

gone

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

I think it's gone, but no worries... you can always use google search.  It works very well, and if I may say better than the search function on this site.

just type what you want to search followed by site:linustechtips.com into google search.

It's hard to know that when there's no search tool. Google it is then

Slick 'LinusTech still gone...

That won't do a thing. Its causing technical problems. They can't do it any faster even if you would whine to management.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I don't have a search function anymore and I've seen other users say this too (mostly when their news posts are removed as re-posts).

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

It was buggy anyway, they removed it.

But you can still access it in I.P Board theme.