NVIDIA’s 4-slot Founders Edition GeForce RTX 4090 Ti/Ada TITAN graphics card has been pictured

Summary

Hardware leaker MEGAsizeGPU (@Zed__Wang) has leaked the design of the upcoming NVIDIA RTX 40 GPU to be positioned above the GeForce RTX 4090. There are two possible brand names being rumored for this product, either the GeForce RTX 4090 Ti or the NVIDIA RTX TITAN (Ada Lovelace)

eCxAWuySRBZes1q6.thumb.jpg.e7ad9c4b40b8f735754da178a004b40b.jpg

5S4BqEc0npDXcxgl.thumb.jpg.d8fd44a4ec8db7857dc0773be54b8edf.jpg

FnkefPVaIAACDz9.png.bab0591f1930e0df4b29c92f46be710e.png

Quotes

The RTX 4090 only uses 128 out of 144 (88 percent) of the streaming multiprocessors (SM) on the 4 nm "AD102" silicon, leaving NVIDIA with plenty of room to design a halo product that maxes it out. Besides maxing out the silicon, NVIDIA has the opportunity to increase the typical graphics power closer to the 600 W continuous power-delivery limit of the 16-pin ATX 12VHPWR connector; and use faster 24 Gbps-rated GDDR6X memory chips (the RTX 4090 uses 21 Gbps memory) and possibly even 48GB of memory.

The GeForce RTX 4090 Ti will be based on a better-binned, nearly fully enabled AD102 die with a 10-20% performance lead over the RTX 4090. According to AGF on Twitter, the fastest Ada Lovelace SKU will utilize the (near) fully enabled AD102 die featuring 18,176 FP32 cores across 142 SMs. The L2 cache on the Ti will also be a significant upgrade over the RTX 4090. While a 72MB LLC buffer complemented the latter, the 4090 Ti will utilize the 96MB available on the AD102.

If Nvidia plans to release a Titan RTX Ada, we can picture it with the full AD102 die (144 SMs or 18,432 CUDA cores).

The cooler boasts a gold theme, implying it's probably the Titan RTX Ada. The I/O bracket features four display outputs stacked vertically (one HDMI and three DisplayPort). It's the first time we've seen such a design from Nvidia. It implies that the chipmaker is likely placing the PCB in a vertical orientation for the mysterious graphics card, which has been christened "The Beast." Therefore, the PCB won't be perpendicular to the motherboard like your conventional graphics card. Instead, the PCB will be in a parallel position to the motherboard.

The small sticker on the graphics card's I/O bracket carries the "PG137" PCB board number, coinciding with the information from reputable leaker kopite7kimi from July last year. The PCB board number for the GeForce RTX 4090 was PG136.

My thoughts

Well, here we are with another 4090 Ti or Ada Titan picture leak. This time revealing the Gold coloring of the shroud and the I/O. Most likely meaning this is a Titan product. Personally, I don't see any anomalies that would indicate this being a Photoshop job. However, it still is questionable if NVIDIA ever plans on releasing such a product. It would make sense to release a product with 142-144 SMs as the 4090 only uses 128. So there is definitely room for a product like this to be released. The question though, if it's possible based on the power draw of it. It should be noted that back in July 2022 @kopite7kimi made a tweet calling this "The Beast" with the PG137-SKU0 PCB board number. Here on the bracket we can see PG137, so it lines right up with that rumor. This was pointed out by @harukaze5719 on Twitter. 

Sources

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/gpu_displays/alleged_rtx_4090_ti_titan_ada_image_leaks_-_4-slot_founders_edition_design/1

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidias-quad-slot-geforce-rtx-4090ti-titan-800w-graphics-card-has-been-pictured

https://www.techpowerup.com/304168/nvidia-rtx-4090-ti-rtx-titan-ada-pictured-behold-the-4-slot-cinder-block

https://www.hardwaretimes.com/nvidia-rtx-4090-ti-spotted-4-slot-wide-with-golden-black-heatsink-report/

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/titan-rtx-ada-quad-slot-800w-cooler-reportedly-leaked

OK, this is getting stupid, lol.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

*Looking for buyer to buy my house*

Put aside, I can see RTX 4090 Ti will have least up to 40 GB GDDR6x.

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz Processor | CPU Air Cooler:Thermalright Assassin X 120 Refined SE | Motherboard:MSI B450M GAMING PLUS MATX AM4

Memory:G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2x16GB)  DDR4-3200 | GPU:PowerColor Fighter Radeon RX 7600 8 GB Video Card

Storage #1:Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD (OS driver) | Storage #2: Silicon Power A60 1TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVMe (Anything else)

Case:Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L | Case Fan: 3x Thermalright TL-C12C (2x intake fans, 1x exhaust fan)

Power Supply:Corsair CXM (2015) 450W Bronze 80 Plus |OS:MS Windows10 (64-bit) | Monitor: ASUS VG275 27” 1080p 75 Hz FreeSync

"Instead of lifting weights, one can now use our new RTX Titans to get in shape fast!"

–nVIDIA (probably)

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

Their newest "Too damned big" lineup of cards that's too damned big for your case or wallet.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

Just now, WereCat said:

No, no... You build the PC inside the GPU shroud. 

With this I woudn't doubt it for a sec.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana

1 minute ago, Bitter said:

Oh no, this will most certainly be pushing nearer to $5,000 than it will be to $2,500.

I'm trying to be optimistic 😄

Just now, WereCat said:

I'm trying to be optimistic 😄

About your heating/cooling bill once this is in operation?
Heating the neighborhood shoudn't be a problem with this one..... Cooling it though might be an issue all it's own.

Not liking the stacked rear I/O. If you put a waterblock on it then it's still technically a 4 slot card instead of becoming a single slot card. Why not just use the same bracket as the RTX 4090? Mad.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

56 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Not liking the stacked rear I/O. If you put a waterblock on it then it's still technically a 4 slot card instead of becoming a single slot card. Why not just use the same bracket as the RTX 4090? Mad.

I think that's why the second picture shows it separate. But it's also missing the regulatory labels, hmm.

Assuming you could even water cool it, the FE cards are always kind of a pain in the behind to dismantle.

17 minutes ago, Kisai said:

I think that's why the second picture shows it separate. But it's also missing the regulatory labels, hmm.

Assuming you could even water cool it, the FE cards are always kind of a pain in the behind to dismantle.

The 4 display ports are still on the vertical on the PCB itself, it seems, it'd be better if they were on the horizontal or in 2 rows of 2 ports only taking 2 slots.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

3 hours ago, BiG StroOnZ said:

eCxAWuySRBZes1q6.thumb.jpg.e7ad9c4b40b8f735754da178a004b40b.jpg

5S4BqEc0npDXcxgl.thumb.jpg.d8fd44a4ec8db7857dc0773be54b8edf.jpg

So we have a laser engraved I/O bracket and then the same bracket but bent and without laser engraving. As a proof of what exactly? That this GPU is completely made up and every idiot could manufacture it?

And if Nvidia rotated the PCB by 90° as Techpowerup claims, why is there an exhaust hole? Since the fan is not blowing against the PCB how should air be forced out of this hole?

Overall pretty sus, just like the last "leak".

Spoiler

https://www.techpowerup.com/img/uXR4ZHinr0eAqQap.jpg

If anyone was curious about what the end of die shrink feasibility looks like, this is it.

It’s only going to get dumber from here and it doesn’t look like 3D stacking is the solution, at least for now.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

1 hour ago, igormp said:

The 4 display ports are still on the vertical on the PCB itself, it seems, it'd be better if they were on the horizontal or in 2 rows of 2 ports only taking 2 slots.

There's probably not enough structural material to put them there, is my guess.

Like the smart thing to do would be to take the ports off the slot side of the card entirely, so that it could be used in other mount setups. Instead supply a default plate that has 3 pigtails to an array of 3/6/or 9 eDP connectors, and offer alternate 1-slot plates for HDMI or USB-C. That said I know this is overcomplicating it. But for the size of the x90 series cards, they are already stupidly too big, and just having it hang in the MB area is asking for the slot to be damaged during transport without there being a rear mount for it. Better to move it to a dedicated part of the chassis that can support the weight. 

Even if this was a real product, which I'm kinda doubting, it's already difficult to actually have a desktop that can accept the power requirements (just look at all the "melted" 12V high power connector threads) and I feel this is a product for bragging rights only. Why bother selling this card at all if the people who are going to want those bragging rights are just going to throw away the cooler and do liquid cooling anyhow. Sell the bare card with a "Liquid cooling required, no refund or exchange for improper installation." In an ideal setting, nVidia would actually test the thermal capabilities and detect if a cooler is not present before actually powering up more than 2% of the chip.

10 minutes ago, Arika S said:

So when do we start calling them graphics bricks isntead of graphics cards?

I propose GSU, Graphics Supply Unit. Cause that is an absolute unit.

I like cute animal pics.

Mac Studio | Ryzen 7 5800X3D + RTX 3090

Double PCIe GPU doing a 69 on your PCIe slots, taking 6+ slots.

Using two full lanes, also only one thunderbolt port that doesn't support 8K 120, while its recommended for 8K 120.

1 hour ago, Kisai said:

Even if this was a real product, which I'm kinda doubting, it's already difficult to actually have a desktop that can accept the power requirements (just look at all the "melted" 12V high power connector threads) and I feel this is a product for bragging rights only. Why bother selling this card at all if the people who are going to want those bragging rights are just going to throw away the cooler and do liquid cooling anyhow. Sell the bare card with a "Liquid cooling required, no refund or exchange for improper installation." In an ideal setting, nVidia would actually test the thermal capabilities and detect if a cooler is not present before actually powering up more than 2% of the chip.

none of the 12vhp connectors melted because of high power though, and this one requires 2.
As to why, you said it yourself bragging rights. and the cost to manufacture would only be like 300-400 more then the 4090 as its the same die, but with close to double the power requirement and doble the ram, and they can sell the dozens of them for 2500 usd plus. so massive profit margins. 

Honestly, water cooling even at that high end is still the minority of customers. 

What in the world is Nvidia thinking... May as well make it an external GPU at that point, it's as big as some mini cases.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 minute ago, starsmine said:

none of the 12vhp connectors melted because of high power though, and this one requires 2.

The point was the "user error" blame, and how readily that connector can unseat itself. So now you have 2, so that doubles the risk.

1 minute ago, starsmine said:

As to why, you said it yourself bragging rights. and the cost to manufacture would only be like 300-400 more then the 4090 as its the same die, but with close to double the power requirement and doble the ram, and they can sell the dozens of them for 2500 usd plus. so massive profit margins. 

Honestly, water cooling even at that high end is still the minority of customers. 

I doubt "massive profit margins" are a thing with the highest tier cards. The number of people who can afford, or need, the highest tier card is pretty low, and in most cases people buy the highest tier card that is available and in stock, not so much because they "need that much"

Like I bought a 3090 when the prices crashed, for about the same I bought the 3070Ti for, so now i have that 3070Ti sitting in a box doing nothing, while I decide if I want build another desktop to do the other ML stuff I'm into or wait for 50xx cards to exist, and just build a new desktop around one. The Intel 12th and 13th gen CPU's have been super-disappointing compared to AMD options and I'm just kinda like ... literately standing there in the Best Buy looking what's being sold, and there is like 3 desktops, total. One Alienware, one Asus and one HP. None of them list the GPU. Meanwhile, there has to be like 30 laptops.

"Desktop"'s are now only for gamers and businesses who need work stations it seems.

Like at this point, high-end GPU is niche of a niche, and I doubt we will see any push back into desktops from businesses except from the actual engineers who need them. 

I honestly couldn't feel worse for someone if they told me they owned one of these haha!