is it just me, or is everyone tired of people dogging on console gaming?

thejackel

Everyone here loves gaming, who here wouldn't. But im getting sick of a bunch of people dogging on console gaming with their ¨console peasant¨ shit. Sure, I love PC gaming too, it has a lot of advantages, I love my PC, but so does console gaming, and people make fun. Im just wondering what everybody thinks about that topic. Thanks!

I think fanboyism of any kind is toxic. Legitimate downfalls of a side can be expressed without it necessarily being fanboyism, though. I don't see a lot of dogging on consoles as much as you make it sound. And Linus does a fair amount of console videos as well. I think basic respect person to person is the key. If behavior is disrespectful, you can report for the inappropriate behavior, if it's just legit criticisms, just keep using consoles for your purpose and understand others may not share your purpose

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

I don't really care either way. Just game on what you want to game.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

Honestly I don't care what system you use to play games even way back when I was on XBox I wasn't the kind of person to make fun of Play Station users for what they play on. We all share a common interest and I think it's silly that conversation about gaming turn to how you decide to play your games. This is why I like the approach that Microsoft has started to take on social media where they actively say that they don't care what you play on and even @s Sony as well as Nintendo on several occasions for things like "national video game day".

2 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

I think fanboyism of any kind is toxic. Legitimate downfalls of a side can be expressed without it necessarily being fanboyism, though. I don't see a lot of dogging on consoles as much as you make it sound. And Linus does a fair amount of console videos as well. I think basic respect person to person is the key. If behavior is disrespectful, you can report for the inappropriate behavior, if it's just legit criticisms, just keep using consoles for your purpose and understand others may not share your purpose

fair point, but i was mostly talking about the community in general, not linus himself. if he dogged on it, i wouldnt be here

I don't really care much for gaming as much as I did about 5 years ago.

Games pretty much turned to crap the past 5 years or so.  Keep in mind this is my opinion.  I don't like the fact that SJWs have to much influence on developers considering they don't even buy them games.  Games have become less and less fun thru the years and it's become a cash grab from micro transactions.  Sure the online games of Battlefield was fun.  But when about 40% of the players online are cheaters, it's no longer fun.  You have people sniping you from the edge of a map thru fog and ruble.  And the companies who run the servers do NOTHING.  I don't really care much for gaming anymore.

4 minutes ago, thejackel said:

Everyone here loves gaming, who here wouldn't. But im getting sick of a bunch of people dogging on console gaming with their ¨console peasant¨ shit. Sure, I love PC gaming too, it has a lot of advantages, I love my PC, but so does console gaming, and people make fun. Im just wondering what everybody thinks about that topic. Thanks!

Keep in mind that humans have a tendency of saying all sorts of negative things out loud and try to get others to hear those as well, but we also have a tendency of not saying positive things. That's why you see so many people hating on console-gaming; it's not that most people hate on it, it's just that the haters are louder.

I, personally, have many times defended console-gaming here on the forums and suggested it as an another option when people have been looking for cheap gaming-builds, so I, for one, do not belong in the haters-group. I am not a console-gamer myself, though; I just don't give a flying fuck what people play or on what as long as they're happy with it.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

3 minutes ago, Fatih19 said:

I don't really care either way. Just game on what you want to game.

im keeping that quote

I wouldnt really dog on a console owner, but i would point out that even though you would get a faster experience on a console price to price, you can use a pc for much more

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

I wouldnt really dog on a console owner, but i would point out that even though you would get a faster experience on a console price to price, you can use a pc for much more

Yeah that's probably why I'm never going to buy a console.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

Just now, Fatih19 said:

Yeah that's probably why I'm never going to buy a console.

yeah. id definitely see the argument for getting a cheep laptop an d a console though, instead of a gaming pc.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

I like consoles. I dont play on them, but without them many games will look awful in order to run on slower hardware (i.e. what I have) because there's no reason to optimize the game to that degree.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

My only personal gripe with console gaming is about the publishers, and not the players. I wish MBAs would understand (and care about) the damage they are doing to the VG culture at large, by trying to cater to the masses as much as possible. And in the end, my problem isn't even with consoles at all, but with console controllers. By targeting controllers as an equally-important input method for the vast majority of modern games, many disputable (in my view, despicable) simplifications have become omnipresent in games (assisted aim, contextual actions, 4-buttons-only input, QTAs, etc). Adapting an FPS to play on consoles is the same as adapting a Racing sim to play on a keyboard. It simply does not make sense.

So, all good with consoles (and their owners), but I wish there was less pressure on developers to make their games work on everything and with everything as if it was all equivalent.

Isn't windows three-sixty-five just a more recent version of windows three-eleven?

1 minute ago, 7heo said:

many disputable (in my view, despicable) simplifications have become omnipresent in game

what else would they do? a joystick is so much less precise than a moue.

Theres no ability to flick, and small movments are much harder with one. 

controler (especially in anygame with online) should have aim assist, as you can now use a mouse and keyboard on a console.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

controler (especially in anygame with online) should have aim assist, as you can now use a mouse and keyboard on a console.

Not publish the game for console. The very same way many games are console only anyway (see my answer). It would only hurt the profits of some already very wealthy people; and have no downsides whatsoever.

And to be clear: I'd be fine if the simplifications were for the console only; but it has unfortunately crept into the PC space, and even games like Cyberpunk, from reputed PC developers, have contextual actions now.

The creep of those simplifications is actually what triggers me. To give you a good equivalent with racing sim games, imagine if the gas pedal would only be either "pedal to the metal" or "no acceleration", on every platform, with every input method, to mirror the way keyboard keys work...

Isn't windows three-sixty-five just a more recent version of windows three-eleven?

Just now, 7heo said:

Not publish the game for console. The very same way many games are console only anyway. It would only hurt the profits of some already very wealthy people; and have no downsides whatsoever.

IT WOULD HAVE EVERY DOWNSIDE!
Do you realise the number of people who either 1: only game with controller on a console, or 2: use only controller to game on a pc?

console has a 30% marketshare in 2019, and pc at.....24%, with the remaining mobile. So, you want developers, most of which are indie devs , not big devs, should only publish on pc, alienating over half of the people who could play the game?

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Uncharted 4 has aim assist. there you go.

Is it just me, or is everyone tired of console gamers complaining that everyone “dogs” on them or calls them “console peasants”? If there is a problem with the majority of PC gamers looking down on console gamers, apparently I am completely missing or ignoring it. Sure there are a vocal few that may think like that, but they are just that in my opinion, a few vocal people who are in the minority with regards to their opinion, and most people think they are assholes. Stop victimizing yourself and enjoy whatever you enjoy without looking for other people’s approval of your hobbies.

IT WOULD HAVE EVERY DOWNSIDE!
Do you realise the number of people who either 1: only game with controller on a console, or 2: use only controller to game on a pc?

console has a 30% marketshare in 2019, and pc at.....24%, with the remaining mobile. So, you want developers, most of which are indie devs , not big devs, should only publish on pc, alienating over half of the people who could play the game?

I should have edited that out. Please read the rest of my post, as it is equally important. You are right, not publishing the game on console is a bad solution. However, if you check my post, you will see that my problem is actually with the lack of alternatives offered to PC players.

So the solution would obviously to offer that alternative.

Also, chill 🙂 I'm not likely to ever make decisions affecting consoles, so even tho you might be emotionally affected by this topic, remember that what I say and what I think is of absolutely no incidence to your beloved medium.

Just now, thejackel said:

Uncharted 4 has aim assist. there you go.

i didnt need an example....

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

i didnt need an example....

sorry, im just stupid like that sometimes its chill, like actually

1 minute ago, 7heo said:

I should have edited that out. Please read the rest of my post, as it is equally important. You are right, not publishing the game on console is a bad solution. However, if you check my post, you will see that my problem is actually with the lack of alternatives offered to PC players.

So the solution would obviously to offer that alternative.

Also, chill 🙂 I'm not likely to ever make decisions affecting consoles, so even tho you might be emotionally affected by this topic, remember that what I say and what I think is of absolutely no incidence to your beloved medium.

yeah, the exit changes it a lot.

imp fine with contextual actions, tbh

but the racing sim analogy isnt how games work.... name a single game with aim assist for all inputs, all platforms.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

29 minutes ago, Doug_Dangger said:

I don't really care much for gaming as much as I did about 5 years ago.

Games pretty much turned to crap the past 5 years or so.  Keep in mind this is my opinion.  I don't like the fact that SJWs have to much influence on developers considering they don't even buy them games.  Games have become less and less fun thru the years and it's become a cash grab from micro transactions.  Sure the online games of Battlefield was fun.  But when about 40% of the players online are cheaters, it's no longer fun.  You have people sniping you from the edge of a map thru fog and ruble.  And the companies who run the servers do NOTHING.  I don't really care much for gaming anymore.

hmm i uses to snipe  in medal of honor using binoculars as you could see thow fog and snip in the spawn zone on a bridge map... fun times...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

6 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

yeah, the exit changes it a lot.

imp fine with contextual actions, tbh

but the racing sim analogy isnt how games work.... name a single game with aim assist for all inputs, all platforms.

I could waste my entire day naming games with forced (all inputs, all platforms): contextual actions, QTAs, four-buttons-only input, etc. I never said "aim assist" was the only problem and that we should all focus on that specific issue and ignore absolutely everything else I said.

Doesn't matter to me - Both have their advantages.
I do prefer consoles but nothing wrong with a good PC game.

Whatever floats you boat.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.